PDA

View Full Version : Voucher ??s

DNSDisney
04-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Can someone please explain to me about meal vouchers? How do they work? How much do you save? Where do you get them?
Pretend I am a voucher idiot (which i am) and please explain to me everything! I am very interested in this concept.
Thanks
Sharon:confused:

4greatboys
04-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Vouchers work like a pre-paid meal. You buy the voucher--I'll use Q&C as an example. With this voucher you pay $11.25--you get an entree, a side (if not included with entree), a drink and a dessert. Most people find these a good deal if you are sharing your meal. They can also be a good deal if you are using it alone, esp at Beaches & Cream or Pepper Market at (CSR). Depending on where you eat and what you order you could save a dollar or 2-3 dollars. All the vouchers include tax and a tip. The breakfast ones are a good deal since the cheapest character meal is $16.99
the voucher is covers the meal, tip and tax so you are saving some there buy paying the $17.75 voucher price.
Disney sells a meal voucher at AKL only--its a little over $11 and you get a meal--entree, side and drink, you also get a another voucher to use later for another drink and one for an ice cream or popcorn--a very good deal.

DNSDisney
04-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Maybe I am not understanding this right cause it sounds like you are paying more with the voucher.
You said with the voucher you pay $11.25 and the voucher cost $17.75. The total of that is $29.00 for a $16.99 meal !
????????????????????
Where is the savings in that? :confused:

4greatboys
04-23-2003, 11:44 AM
The Q&C voucher is $11.15, the kingdom vacation lunch voucher is $30.50 and the breakfast vouchers are $17.75. Each of these are different vouchers. The example I gave above Q&C biut I then noted the breakfast vouchers are a good deal. You pay only what the voucher costs. You can have a small saving of a dollar or 2-3 dollars from what you would pay Disney when you buy the food at the restaurant depending on what you get and which rest you eat at. Does that help?

DNSDisney
04-23-2003, 11:55 AM
Sorry and please be patient with me:D
You say the breakfast voucher is 17.75 but most character breakfast are 16.99? why pa .75 more for a voucher?

is the Kingdom lunch voucher for one person or an entire party cause 30.50 seems like a lot to pay for one person. I don't know anyone person that could eat 30.50 worth for lunch.

What is a Q&A voucher? What does it cover, sit down rest. or counter service?

Thanks for your patients,

maggiew
04-23-2003, 12:05 PM
The vouchers INCLUDE the tax and tip. So if the character breakfast is $16.99, you must pay tax and tip in addition to that, so say add around $5 more and you can see the savings.
Voucher = $17.50
Regular Price = $22
That is PER VOUCHER, so for 4 adults, that would be a pretty big savings. Also, the Princess Breakfasts are $19.99, so this is an even bigger savings.

The Q&C vouchers are good at counter service places. You usually at least break even with these because they include the tax. But you can save a lot of money if you use them wisely - such as Beaches and Cream and the Pepper Market. A lot of people use them for teh convenience of having the meals prepaid, and not so much for the savings.

The lunch vouchers are expensive, but you get an appetizer, entree, drink and dessert. If you order expensive things, it would save you money. But also, if you share, since there is a lot of food with the appetizer and all it may be worth it.

I am going to get a few Q&C vouchers. I plan to use a couple at Beaches and Cream since we are staying at the Dolphin. I will try to work in the Pepper Market for the others - maybe on the way home from AK. I also am going to get 2 breakfast vouchers for me and my mom since we have PSs at the Princess Storybook Breakfast. I will pay for my girls in cash because the child vouchers aren't as good of a deal. I haven't decided on the lunch vouchers. I haven't really been able to find a place where it would be worth it for us for what we would normally order.

Maggie

CarolMN
04-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by DNSDisney
Sorry and please be patient with me:D
You say the breakfast voucher is 17.75 but most character breakfast are 16.99? why pa .75 more for a voucher?

These particular vouchers are for the buffet breakfasts (including most of the character breakfasts). $16.99 is the "rack rate price" of the breakfast and does not include tax (6.5%) or a tip. The voucher includes both. It is commonly reported that the server receives a 15% tip on the actual value of the breakfast. Assuming you would normally leave a 15% tip (many people leave more, some leave less), the breakfast would cost $16.99 plus tax of $1.10 and a tip of $2.55 for a total of $20.64. Since the voucher cost $17.75, you would save $2.89.

is the Kingdom lunch voucher for one person or an entire party cause 30.50 seems like a lot to pay for one person. I don't know anyone person that could eat 30.50 worth for lunch.

These vouchers are for lunch at some of the nicer/more upscale sit-down restaurants. Examples are Brown Derby, Le Cellier, CRT and RFC. The voucher includes an appetizer, an entree, a non-alcoholic drink and a dessert. You can look at the menus to see what "savings" there might be with these vouchers. It depends on what you order and whcih restaurant you choose.

For me, it is too much food at one time. However, my DH and I have split these vouchers and found ourselves quite satisfied. We usually buy another drink and occasionally another dessert (LOL). We also leave additional money for a tip to express our appreciation to the wait staff for the extra work. If you don't normally eat that much at one sitting or have no one who wants to share with you, it probably isn't a good deal for you. Many people make a PS for the latest lunch seating and then just have a small snack for dinner.

What is a Q&A voucher? What does it cover, sit down rest. or counter service?

Thanks for your patients,

These vouchers are for the counter service restaurants. IMHO, there are only a few places that actually result in any savings. Unless you are already staying at CS (Pepper Market) or one of the EPCOT resorts (Beaches 'n Cream) or are willing to use vacation time to travel to those places, the Q & C vouchers don't save much, if anything. Some people do like the fact that they can "pre-pay" for their meals, though.

As 4greatboys posted, "I'll use Q&C as an example. With this voucher you pay $11.25--you get an entree, a side (if not included with entree), a drink and a dessert. Most people find these a good deal if you are sharing your meal. They can also be a good deal if you are using it alone, esp at Beaches & Cream or Pepper Market at (CSR). Depending on where you eat and what you order you could save a dollar or 2-3 dollars. All the vouchers include tax and a tip."

HTH clear up a few things. Also, the only place to get the vouchers is to join Connections. Do a search for Connections and you will find lots more info on the program and the vouchers. Highly recommend you do that before joining - Connections does not have the best reputation for customer service.

4greatboys
04-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the help maggiew--well explained.

04-23-2003, 03:35 PM
So my understanding is it is o.k to split a meal whether you use the Q& C or the Vacation Kingdom for set down. Is this correct? My daughter and I split quite often. This would be good for us. Thanks

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: