PDA

View Full Version : Just back, and well under budget!

patsal
04-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Wow! Just back today and found at checkout we were well under budget for the trip. I did use Connections vouchers which helped to pre-pay for meals and I only over purchased by one child's lunch voucher. Pretty good considering I didn't have PS's planned out for the full trip. I pre-paid for all of the counter service we used, breakfasts and one full lunch at Rainforest Cafe. I paid my two nights at POFQ in full before leaving, the car rental was set up with DC back in November, but they adjusted it and took off the extra $20 at the counter (Luxury car for 10 days for $398.00), Charges for meals that were not included in vouchers and souvies $345.00, and $71.00 at airport for parking. I still have $400 in travelers checks, disney dollars and gift cards from test drives left. I plan on using them in May (long weekend anniversary trip) and June (kids surprise trip). I brought all of the non-perishables for the week at the WLV in a suitcase, and only spent about $50.00 for groceries at Publix ( afew cases of water, milk, OJ, Cranberry juice, butter, eggs, bread, fruit, etc) and $30 for beer and wine at Goodings when we first arrived. All in all I think I did very well with keeping on track--even the kids came back with money this time!

BedKnobbery2
04-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Excellent news--glad you had a good trip!! :)

JenniferW
04-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Gotta love keeping in the budget and having a fabulous time!

Jenn

Muffy
04-23-2003, 03:48 AM
Sounds great!

Poohbear123
04-23-2003, 08:00 AM
I came back with 80.00 cash from my last trip to put towards next trip!;)