PDA

View Full Version : US:Vivendi


disrailfan
04-15-2003, 08:39 PM
So I have a question. Since Vivendi is a French company is US bound to see any less attendance based on this?

Just a thought.....with the whole French boycotting the war thing.

Any thoughts?



:confused:

Galahad
04-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Most people probably don't make the connection.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 04:45 AM
perhabs people should start to boykott disney as they own a park in France.....

god so stupid do you think the french government changes his mind just because you start boykotting US nope ...the only ones who are affected are the people who work their and as you might recall they are all americans....get my point

and furthermore other countries have the right to question americas decisions like it or not......not everybody who disagrees with your president is against americe in fact most europeans hate your president but like the us and their people.....

Galahad
04-16-2003, 08:00 AM
and as you might recall they are all americans

Most people that work at DLP are not Americans

not everybody who disagrees with your president is against americe in fact most europeans hate your president but like the us and their people.....

Forgive us if we don't make that distinction so clearly. Most Americans decidedly do not hate their President, so comparing him to Hitler might rub us the wrong way.......

d-r
04-16-2003, 09:10 AM
and furthermore other countries have the right to question americas decisions like it or not......


And Americans have the right to question French decisions?

oelpa
04-16-2003, 09:11 AM
excuse me but believe it or not europe doesn't care what the US think.....

and furthermore if you start boykotting European Companies such as usf (which in my opinion is American even if the main share holder is french ) we will start boykotting american companies coca cola, mcdonalds and so on ...

know satisfied believe me we are not scared of you...

KNWVIKING
04-16-2003, 09:13 AM
I've never really questioned france's motives or decisions. I have always been quite confident the term "selfserving" and all of it's derivitives pretty much answers all my questions.

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by d-r
And Americans have the right to question French decisions?

Yes and those decisions have consequences or at least I hope to god that we lay some consequences down on the French. :)

oelpa
04-16-2003, 09:19 AM
who do you think you are to impose consequences on an european country if you impose consequences on France you impose it on the whole European Union and believe me we can hurt America as much as you can hurt us......

And what do you think you will gain by threatening us..the Us economy is pretty much run down at the moment and i think you can need all the business you can get at the moment even that of us europeans

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
excuse me but believe it or not europe doesn't care what the US think.....


know satisfied believe me we are not scared of you...


Now he speaks for all of Europe.

We con't care if your scared of us. There is a long list of people who were not scared of the US but are no longer in power.

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
who do you think you are to impose consequences on an european country if you impose consequences on France you impose it on the whole European Union and believe me we can hurt America as much as you can hurt us......

And what do you think you will gain by threadening us..the Us economy is pretty much run down at the moment and i think you can need all the business you can get at the moment even that of us europeans

Sad to see that France has become the mouthpiece for the whole EU. The EU is changing everyday. You might want to look at why the French did not want us going into Iraq and then step back and look at it objectively. If you chose France as your moral and economic leader then you will have more problems then the US can ever deal to you.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 09:25 AM
yeah go ahead and declare war on europe too....let's see what china and russia says to that...and then after that with whom will you do business with...yourself...hahahah that's the joke of the year...and believe me france or germany are harder to come by than run down iraq so think a little bit before you write or is your school system really that bad and they don't teach you anything there

pheneix
04-16-2003, 09:27 AM
>>>excuse me but believe it or not europe doesn't care what the US think.....<<<

Curious... Do you all like speaking German?

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
yeah go ahead and declare war on europe too....let's see what china and russia says to that...and then after that with whom will you do business with...yourself...hahahah that's the joke of the year...and believe me france or germany are harder to come by than run down iraq so think a little bit before you write or is your school system really that bad and they don't teach you anything there

Declear war?? No one said such a thing.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 09:30 AM
Quote:

We con't care if your scared of us. There is a long list of people who were not scared of the US but are no longer in power.


well you didn't say the word war but as you can read above ...no longer in power...so what implies that.....

KNWVIKING
04-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Yeah, we all saw how well all the weapons france,germany and russia sold Iraq worked. The french army,what a joke. Every solfier is issued a surrender flag in boot camp.

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
Quote:


well you didn't say the word war but as you can read above ...no longer in power...so what implies that.....

Don't be so naive to think that War is the only way to get a government out of power.

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by KNWVIKING
Yeah, we all saw how well all the weapons france,germany and russia sold Iraq worked. The french army,what a joke. Every solfier is issued a surrender flag in boot camp.

I heard a great quote the other day...."not have the French on your side in battle is like not having a piano on a bear hunt."

DisneyKidds
04-16-2003, 09:39 AM
Oooohhhhh..................................a true international incident on the Rumors Board :crazy:.

As Scoop said.........................why don't you all take a deep breath and a step back. I would imagine that if you all want to debate international politics and foreign policy this thread will quickly be kicked to the debate board. I'd be more than happy to follow you there to explain how all EU nations are much more dependent upon the US than we are on them ;) but, to stay on topic.....................................

Our lederhosen wearing (I know - they are German, but you would be too if the US didn't get involved in certain conflicts ;)), EU flag waving friend is correct - any type of boycott or action against Vivendi owned properties like Universal will hurt Americans much more than the French.

Now can't we all get along?

KNWVIKING
04-16-2003, 09:40 AM
My history is a little foggy, but I seem to remember Hitler "annexing" or some such terminology austria at the onset of WWII. Please refresh my memory...what country was it that came and bailed your countryout ? Oh wait,that parts not foggy at all.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 09:41 AM
don't be so naive to think the us would be able to get any european governement out of power not even you ilegally elected supid white man in the white house ....

well on the other hand it might not even be necessary to do anything most of the people in your country are so overweight (..not to say fad..) and the food you get there is of so bad quality and your health system to so you might get extinct anyway

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by DisneyKidds


Our lederhosen wearing (I know - they are German, but you would be too if the US didn't get involved in certain conflicts ;)), EU flag waving friend is correct - any type of boycott or action agains Viveni owned properties like Universal will hurt Americans much more than the French.

Now can't we all get along?

I would never boycott Universal as I know that it would do more harm then good for the people in the US. That is a given. Vivenid is only a half owner to begin with.

There are certain economic issues and products that could effectively kill the French economy. Which by the way is at 1% growth right now. Heck if American tourist quit going to France for a year that would do it.

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
don't be so naive to think the us would be able to get any european governement out of power not even you ilegally elected supid white man in the white house ....

well on the other hand it might not even be necessary to do anything most of the people in your country are so overweight (..not to say fad..) and the food you get there is of so bad quality and your health system to so you might get extinct anyway


Way to go..lose the argument and then take it down a notch to name calling.


It has been done before..its as simple as backing an alternate candidate. Geeze you might want to step back and really look at how politics work.

DisneyKidds
04-16-2003, 09:47 AM
I was hoping to be able to describe Maelstrom to one of my friends who lives in Salzburg. I want to make sure he knows what to expect. I also don't want the kids to be scared. I need to know how to say "Troll" in Austrian ;).

oelpa
04-16-2003, 09:48 AM
ok europa you got me know ..i will cancel my next vacation to florida...well i spend my money elsewhere i went there two times a year flying first class with an us airline and also my hotel, restaurant shopping and themepark bills were quite high but thanx to you another country get s that know and of course i will tell my family and friends to do the same...up to now we all were supporters of the us economy that will end know

i hope you are satisfied now europa

pheneix
04-16-2003, 09:49 AM
>>>the food you get there is of so bad quality<<<

Better than snails...

DisneyKidds
04-16-2003, 09:52 AM
Europa.........................do you know if the CM's in Norway can actually tell us what Trolls eat? Then again, someone once told me not to feed Trolls ;).

oelpa
04-16-2003, 09:52 AM
it's quite simpe Troll is Troll in German i think it even is an old German word...in fact it's goblin in English goblin is Troll in German well if they are children and they might not know the word troll (any adult will) then you could say "Heinzelmänchen" but that will be quite difficult to pronounce for you...

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Europa.........................do you know if the CM's in Norway can actually tell us what Trolls eat? Then again, someone once told me not to feed Trolls ;).

NO he/she is not a Troll...he/she became just as infalmed with same kind of post on the IOA/USF board.



oelpa- If you don't want to come here its your choice. We don't force you.

DisneyKidds
04-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Ahhh.......................a Heinzelmänchen by any other name would smell as....................:eek:. Thanks for the linquistics clarification. A Troll is a Troll - I hope we all understand that now ;).

pheneix
04-16-2003, 09:57 AM
>>>If you don't want to come here its your choice. We don't force you.<<<

But we can force him to stay home.

DisneyKidds
04-16-2003, 09:59 AM
NO he/she is not a Troll...he/she became just as infalmed with same kind of post on the IOA/USF board.
My, my Europa - you aren't actually implying that I was calling anyone a Troll, are you :confused:. You know we aren't supposed to name call ;).

Anyway, the fact that someone was looking for trouble over on the USF board, and is doing the same here, pretty much confirms that they are just looking to argue..................................and making rediculous arguments at that.

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by DisneyKidds


Anyway, the fact that someone was looking for trouble over on the USF board, and is doing the same here, pretty much confirms that they are just looking to argue..................................and making rediculous arguments at that.

I just hate to label someone that...I mean I like to argue my point just as much as the next person. I think that this is really a hot topic for this person. As it is for me.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 10:05 AM
well do what you want boykott the french i don't care....so all the french luxury goods are at our disposal...well but i'm sure the really rich people in your country who of course think of coure more like we europeans do will still wear channel, Dior, and drink moet and dom perignon champagne so have fun i sure do

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
well do what you want boykott the french i don't care....so all the french luxury goods are at our disposal...well but i'm sure the really rich people in your country who of course think of coure more like we europeans do will still wear channel, Dior, and drink moet and dom perignon champagne so have fun i sure do

Well I'm glad that you have set a goal in your life..way to go....:jester:

It's clear that you know little about the day to day lives of 90% of our country if you think any of that matters to us.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 10:11 AM
You are right and i don't care about that 90%...my american friends are among the 10% who value french and italian luxury goods and german cars and they would disaprove with you....

DisneyKidds
04-16-2003, 10:15 AM
I mean I like to argue my point just as much as the next person. I think that this is really a hot topic for this person. As it is for me.
Really Europa, I would like to believe in your tag line, but I'm having my doubts :crazy:. As if our Dom drinking, snail eating, Channel smelling, Dior wearing friend from Vienna is going to cancel his or her multiple trips to the US this year because you poked him or her in the snooty, French loving nose :confused:. Do you really want to 'argue' valid points with someone who takes that kind of rediculous position? I'm all for a good debate, but this just doesn't have the makings of one.

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
You are right and i don't care about that 90%...my american friends are among the 10% who value french and italian luxury goods and german cars and they would disaprove with you....

Italy is on our side in this matter.

You don't give up do you? We'll I can say one thing for sure...you're not French.

Oh by the way how does that "dom perignon champagne" go with your Green Eggs and Ham sandwich when you visit IOA??

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Really Europa, I would like to believe in your tag line, but I'm having may doubts :crazy:. As if our Dom drinking, snail eating, Channel smelling, Dior wearing friend from Vienna is going to cancel his or her multiple trips to the US this year because you poked him or her in the snooty, French loving nose :confused:. Do you really want to 'argue' valid points with someone who takes that kind of rediculous position? I'm all for a good debate, but this just doesn't have the makings of one.

Well it started of ok..but you're right it his hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

I just don't think he/she has been lying in wait for this topic for 4 years. As you can see when the account was registered.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 10:21 AM
i suppose you are one of these middlclass americans who didn't have the money to go to a decent college and i'm sure you had to clean the house of your parents for your pocket money.....and i'm sure you are overweighed now as most middle class americans and you don't even fit in decent clothes any more...and you work your a*** of to by for your health insurance and other things which are for free in most european countries (at least in mine)

god i even feel pity for you

i like Europa though she is up for a good discussion

DisneyKidds
04-16-2003, 10:22 AM
i suppose you are one of these middlclass americans who didn't have the money to go to a decent college and i'm sure you had to clean the house of your parents for your pocket money.....and i'm sure you are overweighed know as most middle class americans and you don't even fit in decent clothes any more...
Europa, do you need any more evidence?

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by DisneyKidds
Europa, do you need any more evidence?

...yeah I know he/she is digging a hole...but I think its funny.

You know that he/she watches about 10 american movies a week about 50 hours of american TV. Drinks Coke..goes to McDonalds and spends his/her vacatioins here in America, I'm sure he/she would trade places with you in a second if they could be an american.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 10:29 AM
i never had green eggs and ham sandwich when at IOA...god sounds disgusting...i only ate at myhos there that was quite ok...well when in orlando we only eat at the Portofino Bay where we stay and the rest of our vacation we stay in Miami South Beach they have decent restaurants there even close to european standards

DisneyKidds
04-16-2003, 10:34 AM
You know that he/she watches about 10 american movies a week about 50 hours of american TV. Drinks Coke..goes to McDonalds and spends his/her vacatioins here in America, I'm sure he/she would trade places with you in a second if they could be an american.
'Nuff said ;).

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
i never had green eggs and ham sandwich when at IOA...god sounds disgusting...i only ate at myhos there that was quite ok...well when in orlando we only eat at the Portofino Bay where we stay and the rest of our vacation we stay in Miami South Beach they have decent restaurants there even close to european standards

How about one of those gaint turkey legs then? Does that go well with your champagne? Now do you use the French Channel as a replacement for a good bath? Do you put that on before of after you ride Jurassic Park River Adventure? You should get out more and try different places to eat after all you came to here becuase you wanted to do stuff you can't do in Europe right??

oelpa
04-16-2003, 10:35 AM
wow i am amazed you got me there you saw my true self i would like to be an american..that's right could you help me please i'm begging you please help me to be american i want to drown in coke and burgers god im so glad you saw through my disguise now i can talk freely to you .... god please i want to be your soulmate i promise i will gain weight in the process so i fit the picture of a true american...thanx a lot

oelpa
04-16-2003, 10:39 AM
wow europa your next hit you are right we come to ioa with our coolers full of champagn and then we buy ouselves a lot of giant turkey legs and make a feast right in IOA...well of course before i go on JPRA i change from channel into a dior bathing suit (..don't you american do that... i m appalled ..) and afterwards my butler helps me back into my channel designer outfit....poor soul you have to do with generics ...but we can meet i can give you some of my last year models

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
wow i am amazed you got me there you saw my true self i would like to be an american..

Youi will need to get in line. There are only about 6 billion people infront of you.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 10:46 AM
well europa baby i have to tell you there are also a lot of people who want to become austrian even americans and believe there are waiting enough of them in line too....

well but as we prefer to be all by ourselves with our champagne buckets and channel clothes we cannot let them in...

but we would make an exception for you..well but i doubt you would know how to find us or at least point us out on a map..

well and europa we are not the country down there in the pacific region i have to dissapoint you that's Australia....poor little girl

KNWVIKING
04-16-2003, 10:46 AM
.... first we help you NOT be german, now you want us to help make you American.

Like EUROPA said...Get in line.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 10:50 AM
what s your problem can't you read that was ironic i would not even consider being american.....do you think i would like to live in a country where there is no free health care for everybody where there is no paid vacation no free college...

i must be crazy to even think about getting american.....

do you read papers there was a list a few weeks ago with cities with the highest living standards well there was no US city unter the first ten Vienna was second place....get the picture

KNWVIKING
04-16-2003, 10:55 AM
healthcare,colleges,etc... Whats your tax rate,'bout 50% or so ?

EUROPA
04-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by oelpa
what s your problem can't you read that was ironic i would not even consider being american.....do you think i would like to live in a country where there is no free health care for everybody where there is no paid vacation no free college...

i must be crazy to even think about getting american.....

do you read papers there was a list a few weeks ago with cities with the highest living standards well there was no US city unter the first ten Vienna was second place....get the picture

I think I'm going to bail out now...need to get some work done. Oelpa you got some pretty cooky ideas there. I'd keep those to myself If I were you. I mean at any second I can see you saying that "Hilter did some great things for Germany". Keep that crazziness bottled up inside you.

Have a nice day. We can't wait to have you back in the US sometime soon. Spend lots of money. Go out and have a Coke on me today.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 11:01 AM
nope we don't have a flat tax it depends on how much you earn......but we don't spend our money on warfare and weapons therefore we have all the amenenties you don't....but if i think of it i should be grateful for your country you spend all your money on weapons and you rid the world of evil that even could attack us so you to the dirty job and we have the fun or a great social system....now that is really a good point why i like your country after all you enable us to live sorrow free and your people risk their lifes for it and of course as your governmental expanses on weapons are so high you can't afford free healthcare and colleges ..a pity.....well we can and the money you spend on the iraq war.... well it saved us from saddam thanx and it didn't cost us a thing.....we put this kind of money in our social system therefore we have nearly no crime and you can move freely in the city even at night and in every street

KNWVIKING
04-16-2003, 11:11 AM
So your proud of the fact that your country can't defend itself or that the opinions of your country mean nothing on a global scale ? I don't live in a TOP TEN CITY, but I can go anywhere I want in my town at nite. I don't need FREE health care or college, because my employer pays me a fair wage so I can afford these things for my family. And if your living the expensive life you brag about,then your tax rate is extremely high.

oelpa
04-16-2003, 11:17 AM
what can i say our tax rate is not higher than yours...each employer is obliged to pay a certain amount depending on how much you earn into the health care system for each employee that's a fact you can ask whomever you want .......well and if you ask further you will here that Austria is one of the countries that many other countries envy because of this system even if you might not know about that......and as i said the taxes are used mostly for social purpose not for weapons and war....do you untersand know or is it clear know...furthermore the average salary in my country is much higher than in yours ...but i doubt you will believe that so perhabs you might want to ask an economist in your country who is familiar in europe he can explain that to you.......i no it s hard to believe that countries exist where health care is free ( by the way unemployed people get health care too there it's paid solemly by the government)

Sarangel
04-16-2003, 11:24 AM
Boy, what I get for being on West Coast Time...

This discussion (and I use that word loosly) is 1) not suitable to this forum, and 2) has gone way beyond the bounds of civility. Thank you all for your contributions, but I'm closing this thread.

Sarangel