PDA

View Full Version : Mission:Space Info - Possible Opening Dates?

DisneyKidds
04-10-2003, 11:32 PM
As posted on Screamscape...................
Mission: Space - (4/10/03) Choose your career now... each rider will have a specific job/task to perform during the mission. The positions will include: Pilot, Commander, Navigator and Engineer. The latest word from our insiders is that while they are hoping to Soft Open the ride sometime in August, the official grand opening event isnít being planned until the first week of December.
................and I hope they are right. A first week of December opening would be great............because we'll be there!!! Come on you guys with inside sources - get us some info ;).

meowthew2
04-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Apparently Jay Rasulo told Smith Barney today that Mission: Space is opening in "late summer".

OnWithTheShow
04-11-2003, 02:57 AM
They would not be hiring cast now for a August soft open, look for a soft open in mid-june.

zulaya
04-11-2003, 10:02 AM
So first weekend in June wouldn't happen eh?

olena
04-11-2003, 11:09 AM
I'll hopefully hit WDW in a month. My brother knows an Imagineer who works at Mission Space. I think we'll be seeing him and doing lunch. I'll see what I can dig up.

ebaynut31
04-11-2003, 01:09 PM
If we all fling pixie dust and pray really hard, maybe, just maybe I will be able to ride Mission: Space in August while I am there.

Please, oh please lets give all the pixie dust we can to make my wish come true!!!

Oh, so selfish :rolleyes:

Another Voice
04-11-2003, 02:31 PM
As a hint for the timing of the December press event, remember that Dec 17th will be the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brother's first flight ( http://www.centennialofflight.gov/index2.cfm )

And according to the "rumors", Labor Day has been the final, drop-dead, get this open, head rolling date for a while now. They want to get it open early, there is still a lot of work to do. And just because other departments are proceeding on a master schedule doesn't mean that everyone will be able to meet their deadlines.

MOQ3424
04-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Is it possible it will be open anywhere between July 26-August 2?????

OnWithTheShow
04-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Other milestones

July 12 1969 First man on the moon
May 12 National Space Day

zulaya
04-11-2003, 04:44 PM
It doesn't appear that the grand opening will be before August 30. There's a new sweepstakes on Disney.com that ties in Treasure Planet and Mission Space. The grand prize is a trip for 4 to Disney and includes invitations to the premiere party of Mission:Space. The fine print reads that the winner has to travel on the dates that the party is held and those dates are to be determined.

This sweepstakes runs from now thru August 30 so I think it's probably safe to say that the official grand opening won't be before that date.

Soft openings...now that's another story.