PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Island- "Myst"

meiandrew
04-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi All !!

New to these boards.. just got my e-mail confirmation, which made a crappy day here in NY (more snow!!!!) a lot better !!!!

These boards are awesome !

I have been posting on the destination : Florida boards (if they are even still called that) for almost 10 years now.

Question for you guys....

I remember reading some time ago about the possibility that the land once known as Discovery Island would be used for some kind of a live "Myst" game (ala the computer game of the same name) It sounded cool at the time. I might have read it on Screamscape, but it was at least a few years ago, and I cant remember. Anyone else remember reading that, and know any more detail and/or whatever happened to the idea? I am assuming it was totally scrapped.

Sarangel
04-07-2003, 04:21 PM
The Myst rumor is well over a year or more old. Nothing has come of it, yet. There is no guarantee that anything *will* come of it. Discovery Island is one of those under-utilized places in WDW that have all sorts of rumors about it, most of which never come to pass.

Anyone with current rumors for DI?

Sarangel

WDWHound
04-07-2003, 04:39 PM
While Disney did look at this a few years back, I beleive the idea was shelved as being to expensive and difficult to make work.

BTW: Welcome to the DIS.

HB2K
04-07-2003, 05:13 PM
Discovery Island will probably be Geraldo's second stop on his "unlocking the secret ruins of WDW". The first stop would be a quick pitstop at the Poly beach so he can draw a map to figure out where he's going.

airlarry!
04-07-2003, 08:14 PM
I have been posting on the destination : Florida boards (if they are even still called that) for almost 10 years now.

You couldn't have been posting on a Disney internet discussion group ten years ago...they were only invented when Disney's California Adventure was being built.

;)

Jes' pullin' yer chain, Scoop... :) :)