PDA

View Full Version : ABC Cancellations

Another Voice
04-04-2003, 11:59 PM
It's now official: 'Miracles' has been cancelled effective immediately and after only 6 episodes. Starting April 7 its timeslot will be filled with repeats of 'The Practice'. There are no plans to show any completed but unaired episodes.

Also now officially cancelled (instead of just being on hiatus) is 'Veritas: The Quest'. It is unlikely that any unaired episodes or repeats will make it on the air.

Out of the seven new dramas that ABC has put on the air this year, only 'Dragnet' is still going (this is rumored because ABC is using this show as a payment to Vivendi's USA Network for rights to that network's 'Monk' series). The other shows cancelled are 'Push Nevada', 'MDs', 'That Was Then', and 'Dinotopia'.

Oh, and Disney will be launching a new reality series called 'Extreme Makeover', it will follow contestants as they undergo plastic surgery to radically alter their looks. I can't make this stuff up folks…

Planogirl
04-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Another Voice
Oh, and Disney will be launching a new reality series called 'Extreme Makeover', it will follow contestants as they undergo plastic surgery to radically alter their looks. I can't make this stuff up folks…

Oh joy, I can't wait for this one. And I thought that Fox was bad. :rolleyes:

DVC-Landbaron
04-05-2003, 01:25 AM
I can't make this stuff up folks…It's really too bad you can't! Think of the money you could make selling it to Ei$ner!!! ;)

Luv2Roam
04-05-2003, 06:45 AM
I haven't watched any of these shows -- including The Practice. And the only Extreme Makeover I would watch would be a Trading Spaces version! :jester: ;)
Of course we have watched Michael Jackson change over the years. Maybe him, Pamela Anderson or Cher could host this show! ;) :jester:

Walt's Frozen Head
04-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Oh, and Disney will be launching a new reality series called 'Extreme Makeover', it will follow contestants as they undergo plastic surgery to radically alter their looks. I can't make this stuff up folks?

Okay, here's my idea...

We tell five people they've won a ten million dollar lottery, and follow them for a couple of weeks to watch them burn their bridges and max out their credit cards. At that point, they're brought into a room and told there's one prize available, and the door is locked.

What fun! Weeks of dirty laundry, eccentric indulgences, and a big finish!

Offers including seven figures and an Executive Producer title will be entertained via PM...

-WFH

DVC-Landbaron
04-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Offers including seven figures and an Executive Producer title will be entertained via PM...Awe Heck!!! I'm not too proud to ask (beg, plead, grovel), right here in the open (no PM for me) to be involved with this project!!! I’m good at everything from Executive Producer to video tape editor. (I even sweep a heck of a floor, clean as a whistle!!!)

Let’s do lunch!! I’ll have my people call your people!!!

Spaceman Spiff
04-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Phew! Alias is safe for now! :D

CindyKansas
04-05-2003, 06:07 PM
I'm afraid to tell DD, she liked 'Miracles'.

Angelrose
04-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Well, FRIBBLE! I really liked Miracles. It showed imagination and was thought-provoking. They take something like that off for repeats??

korzmom
04-08-2003, 08:41 PM
that just s****. miracles was a great show, and I also enjoyed veritas...I cant stand watching the practise for another minute...all that whining.! well, now I have to find something else to watch, and it wont be on ABC.