PDA

View Full Version : 20040131 ~ Cruising Jan 31 2004 Western Who's with us?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

OKWMEMBER
01-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Did I get 2000??? YES!!!

I am MISTER 2000 posts!!!!

Thankya, thankyaveramuch!!!! :hyper:

Arghhhh, ya scurvy dogs!!! I be the 2000 post pirate, that's what I be!!!pirate:

I'm too sexy for my post, too sexy for my post!!! :smooth:

kmc33
01-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Congrats, Gary!!! It's all you!

Cap
01-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by dheller97
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of suitcases, is two apiece and a carry-on all we get to take?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juli-No way we can add an extra one, eh? Plan on a LOT of souveniers coming back. Guess we'll have to pack some disposables to make room. :cool2:

Dean, two thoughts:

1 - 2 speedos, 2 tshirts, and a bow tie don't take up much space. You should have lots of extra room in your two bags.

2 - If you have a collapsible bag, or a medium size one that will fit inside a large one, pack them inside the large one. When you get ready to disembark and you put three bags outside the door, I really doubt if they will tell you that you can't disembark, you have too many bags.

dheller97
01-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Gary-You did it!! It's a good thing you slept in this morning so you would have all of that extra energy to jump in at the right time, eh?

Cap-Good ideas about the packing. Sure beats the idea I had of disposables. Somehow the thought of disposables as you turn a little older just doesn't seem as good. ;)

Magnets? I got some of the 8 1/2" x 11" sheets and made a few for the outside of the door. Never thought about the inside, dah. Thought I'd try putting one on the outside and if it turns up walking away, wouldn't put out another.

Hey, Bobby-we did it, buddy!! We hit 2,000 today just like you said. Good job.

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-21-2004, 12:17 PM
So, i just had a 'fashion show' for my DM and i realized that i have enough dresses to make EVERY dinner a formal or semi-formal night! I don't have the heart to leave any of my babies behind, so i hope no one minds if i dress up every night!

I'm sorry- i'm behind on reading, but that weather forcast sounds amazing to me!! :sunny: Last time we had 20 foot waves, tons of wind, and some cloudy/rainy/chilly weather!!:( Most of the days it didn't get much past 70 and there were a lot of 50's and 60's weather... Of course, coming from chicago, 50's and 60's were still great... but it's not the "perfect" cruise weather! we got rained out of Grand Cayman- we had to board the ship early cause we were cold and drenched! (We were also on the Magic one week before the one that had that horrible flu going around- our server's roommate was sick, so our server had to be quarentined as well!!, just some fun trivia!)

Anyways, i gotta get packing... gotta get this whole house packed before we cruise!! ta-ta for now!!:wave2:

OKWMEMBER
01-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Dean, I promise to do much better tomorrow as far as making the "Official Anouncement". Tomorrows anouncement is a good one, too!!!:hyper: ::yes::

dheller97
01-21-2004, 12:45 PM
I'll let you slide this time, but tomorrow's "official announcement" needs to be REALLY good! Make sure you put in a Mickey wake-up call because some of these folks get up really early, or stay up all nite, just waiting for you to share your special announcements.

KofPShannon
01-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Jilly Bean - your last post was downright scary!!! Let's think happy thoughts for "our" cruise.

Good luck on the sunglasses. I can see outrageous prices on the ship or you'll have to squint till Key West.

photonut
01-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Sorry I haven't jumped in much on the conversations as I am trying to read some of the previous posts and get acquainted. You all sound like such a caring and compassionate bunch! I will be looking forward to meeting you!
You have done some extraordinary things since I started posting...helping out other cruisers in need and offering such great advice...and thoughts and prayers for Randy...come on Randy we need our Canadian friends to be there or we will be outranked! After his hospital food he will be ready for some prime cuisine onboard!!!
Jilli Bean - thanks for the info on the Florida Mall....I will try to convince my hubby Mark to take time upon arrival to stop and do some shopping...but I bet all the men here are saying "ARE YOU NUTS!!"

Also...thanks for the advice on the ear plugs..was it Renae that offered that?..sorry I don't remember. Our last cruise both of my kids got ear infections and were sick for a few days with high temperatures so we were cabin bound and I remember our neighbours coming in at 3am playing the song "Margaritaville" as loud as can be! Very Frustrating!!! SO the earplugs will be packed for sure!

Here are somethings that you don't know about us...which is everything as we have just met!!!

My husband Mark sells Cars for a local Ford/Lincoln dealership and has been there for 16 years.
I was a travel agent for 15 years but recently began staying home and doing volunteer work at the childrens school and started my home based business with Creative Memories Scrapbooking...some of you may be familiar with them. I love scrapbooking!!! I have been a consultant for 3 years.
My daughter Laine is 7 turning 8 next month and loves to dance!
My son Blake is 5 turning 6 next month and he loves Yugi-oh cards, Beyblades and especially Mighty Beanz!!! Does anyone know if there are any Mighty Beanz out with Disney characters on them???

Well my thoughts and prayers are with everyone now as we enter our last 10 days before the cruise to keep everyone healthy and keep our homes and families safe!!!

dheller97
01-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Very nice post, Annette. Thank you for sharing that information. I think you'll like my best friend, my dear wife Cheri. She is a pre-school teacher and enjoys scrapbooking for memories of "her" kids and our grandkids.

Dean

KofPShannon
01-21-2004, 04:07 PM
:( Just tried to reserve the Rum Point Beach and Sting Ray City combo in the Caymans and IT'S FULL!! Boo hoo. DBF likes to be spontaneous so he's been dragging his feet on planning.

Have to make another choice. DBF and I did the Captain Marvin's trip a couple years ago. Wanted the kids to see the Sting Rays but also wanted to hang out on the beach.

Cap
01-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Annie, please give us an update on Randy. If he's still in hospital, please tell us which one and if he can take calls.

Shannon, I understand the ship is wonderful and peaceful on port days, when many people are ashore. We haven't made any excursion reservations either.

Annette, glad to hear of the Ford connection. I'm off to my official retirement party from Ford in about 5 minutes.

Princess, we'll love it if you dress for a formal dinner every night. It will help to balance some of the other much-less-formal attire. What rotation / seating do you have? Hope you're near our table.

Dean, we're going to be waiting for the official announcement. Is it at 12:01 AM?

dheller97
01-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Cap-All official announcements come from the other chair. I was up bright and early with most everyone else this morning, with our dancing shoes on, but we all had to wait until the issue for additional beauty sleep had been resolved. Hopefully, Mickey will wake a certain co-chair on-time tomorrow for a VERY SPECIAL EVENT!:teeth:

And, just FYI, Princess Jilly-Bean and her court will be seated with King Matt and his entourage as tablemates at the late dining. Our goal is not to embarrass them. At least not too much. :crazy:

Dean

OKWMEMBER
01-21-2004, 05:20 PM
I think I have been challenged, eh?!? OK, I can deal with it!:cool:
I'm bad, I'm All-County, I'm Nation-Wide!!!:smooth:

Ann, if you can supply a phone number, we will dial up our fallen comrade! We have the technology!!!

12:01 A.M., EH?!?!?!?!? Two words......
DONE DEAL!!!

Be there!!! Aloha!!!

:wave: :wave2:

dizmomof2
01-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Hello all!

I've been lurking around here for awhile now and thought I'd introduce myself and put out an offer of sorts. I'll be joining you all on the Jan 31 cruise. Obviously I've got two kids (both DDs) and a DH. I'cruising with a very large group. (some I know and some I don't)

I'm trying to book a private charter to stingray city and the reef that will get dropped off at seven mile beach. I have 10 people that would like to do this but would like another 2. If I can get two more it wouyld be $33.50 per person. Anyone interested?

WE could possiblely take a couple more people. If anyone is interested please let me know. BTW there will be children on board, just in case that makes a difference to anyone ;)

:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: princess:

dheller97
01-21-2004, 06:39 PM
WELCOME TO OUR GROUP, dizmomof2. We are sure glad you are here among these great party goers. Let me know if you'd like to be added to our list of DISer's.

Gary-You got the nite shift, dude. http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/049.gif You know the routine, shift is 9 PM -5 AM and I'll relieve you around 5, eh? I'd be there earlier but got a paper to deliver first.

Annie, how's Randy tonite? Miss his Arrggggg, eh?

Dean

auntrenae
01-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi guys,
It's been a long and tiring day but I'm home and ready to play!

I noticed in Dean's email that he said to get your feet up, Cap. I can do that, even in a chair! In fact, it's EASIER in a chair! Whoopee!!!( sits spinning in chair with feet up) Wheeeeee!

Sooooo, how did the pillow test go? If it works, I want to do it, I have this down pillow that I'm sure will go flat as a pancake, but will it re-poof, that is the question?

Renae

auntrenae
01-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Sorry, I got sidetracked chair dancing with my feet up...

So, if you can't tell a weather forecast more than a few days out, how do you know what it will be in the caribbean in 2 weeks? I know you said it's pretty static, that's why we are going now anyway, but I mean how exactly does the science work to do the figuring? I'm very interested in meteorology, so I'd love to pick your brain sometime on board...
Thanks, Renae

Cap
01-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Gary,

Dean says you're leading the announcement sub-commitee of the board of directors. We're waiting for the announcement. The press is gathered - early deadlines to make the morning paper. Are you ready?

I'm beginning to get worried now. Judi's all packed, and all I have are empty suitcases. The dogs are looking concerned. Might be a long day of preparation coming up.

Dean - will you be publishing an updated list again before we board?

dheller97
01-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Cap-forgetaboutit. All you need in your suitcase is 2 speedos, 2 t-shirts, a toque and a bow tie.:teeth:

If I may be so bold as to speak for the Board, your suggestion regarding an early press release will be taken under advisement, and further discussions tabled, pending an executive session of the sub-committee. (Whatcha think, Gary, did I do good?)

Sorry about the list, Cap. I forgot you were leaving early. I will get it posted again mid-morning tomorrow. If you need it earlier, let me know and I can email it to you direct while we await a press release in the morning.

auntrenae
01-21-2004, 08:27 PM
I have something I bring that probably makes the room stewards nuts, but it works for us. I bring a dry erase marker and use the mirror. It's hard to miss the message and it wipes off easily. I do it for notes at home too, and it's fun!

The only unusual thing I can think of about us is that out of 5 in our family, only one has never worked for Disney! He refuses to make it a family business... we'll get him sooner or later!

ta ta, and good luck to the packers!

Renae

Cap
01-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Dean, thanks for your packing help. I seem to have heard that thought sometime already this week.

I don't need the list until next week. I'll be at Boardwalk, which supposedly has high speed internet, so will download it next Wednesday PM. Just didn't know if I already had the final edition.

Judi just said "reading these posts can become addictive". Who would believe such a thing?

Where's Butterfly2 today?

auntrenae
01-21-2004, 08:30 PM
I LOVE to read! My favorite author is Mary Stewart. She's the one who wrote the trilogy about Merlin and King Arthur. She is amazing, so I may bring a book of hers to bring, but when will I ever get a chance to read it? I've never even sat down in a deck chair!!!

Dancin in my chair... Renae

ArtistJudi
01-21-2004, 08:36 PM
auntrenae I am bringing my bed pillow. If necessary I'll put my carry on stuff in the case and that will be my carry on. I'm packed whose next to finish?

auntrenae
01-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I knew it, I knew it!!!
I knew there were scrapbookers out there! As if you didn't know this by now, I'm a passionate, avid, addicted scrapbooker! I've been doing it for 6 years and have completed about 1500 pages! On my last cruise in Oct. I even was able to organize a crop with a few of my DIS buddies. It was fun, but hard since they won't let us bring scissors :rolleyes: We made do with coluzzle knives.
They gave us a room next to the little library on deck 2 and gave us cookies and juice and coffee. I guess nobody told them we don't scrap with food in the area for fear of spilling something, but we banned it from the work table and did fine! My major reading will be my new March edition of Creating Keesakes... fun!

Renae

auntrenae
01-21-2004, 08:51 PM
OK, I'm ready for this announcement, but what time zone is it going to be 21:01 am in? I mean, I can stay up for a while, but if you're in the West coast time zone, then I may not off at my keyboard, ya know?

Here's hoping our sickie is better by tomorrow to join in on the dance, at least in his chair!

Cap, since you will be here so early, do you guys want to call me? I don't have to work again till Monday, so email me if you want to get together and I'll talk to DH about it. my email is auntrenae@erhome.org.

Renae

Annie12345
01-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone -
Randy says thank you sooo much for all the well wishes!! I just got home from the hospital... he's doing alot better today but has to stay in until Sunday! He reminded the doctor that he is leaving in a week for Florida thinking that it would get him home earlier (the doc originally said he could come home on Friday) but it backfired on him. The doctor decided that he should be on an IV until Sunday to ensure the infection is completely out of him... He is at Saskatoon City Hospital, and the phone number is (306) 655-8000 and you can ask for Randy St. Denis in room 4339... the duty nurse will take the phone to him. I can't believe how many offers I've had of people willing to accompany Jaclyn and me in Randy's place... even one of the doctors

;) LOL!! He should be as good as new by the time we cruise, and will at least be able to do some chair dancing...

Welcome aboard, Dismomof2...

Annie12345
01-21-2004, 09:24 PM
I forgot to mention that Randy would be happy to host the next party in his hospital room. You might want to wear a fashionable hospital gown overtop of your speedo - don't worry you will still be able to get the speedo effect from the back...

Renae, my sister is an avid scrapbooker but I don't have that kind of creativity... It's such a great way to preserve photos and memories...

Looking forward to the dance, Gary... I'll be waiting patiently for you to lead us...

Cap
01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
I just spoke to Randy in Hospital. His first comment was "this virtual thing is getting toooo real". He says he plans to be well enough to party on the cruise.

OKWMEMBER
01-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Gail and I just talked to Randy, too!

You really have this co-chair thing down, Dean! You're sounding very official!!!:cool:

Stay tuned for an important anouncement at exactly 12:01 A.M. this morning!!!

HADN!!! :wave: :wave2:

Butterfly2
01-21-2004, 10:12 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/music/musik36.gif Cap,
I am here, it has been a busy day and getting busier as the departure time approaches. I am getting too excited and am trying very hard to stay focused on what I have to do before leaving. My little Darlings at school keep me hopping and I need to have lesson plans all laid out for my sub, so have been busy getting organized. Thanks for missing me, and am looking forward to meeting all.

Gary, Dean says you have the night shift, so good-night!:Pinkbounc
Cheri

Annie12345
01-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Randy called me and was absolutely tickled that Cap and Gary called... That was really nice of you guys... I was trying to stay awake for the dance tonight but I am just too pooped and am off to bed... have a great night everyone, and I'll be dancing with you in my (disney) dreams...

:jumping1: :jumping1: :cool1: :cool1:

Here's a group hug to all of you :grouphug:

OKWMEMBER
01-21-2004, 11:01 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!!

BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!!!

I am proud and pleased to present the following
important anouncement concerning the 1/31/04
sailing of the Disney Magic!!!

Alert the media!!! Tie up the dogs!!! Gird your loins!!!

WELCOME TO THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!

Cap
01-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Gary,

I like the font size and bold face. However I expected a drumroll. We'll have to work to get sound on these boards also.

Thanks. I can turn in now.

OKWMEMBER
01-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Get down, get down!!! Get down, get down!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :jumping1:

Ya gotta get up to get down!!!

photonut
01-21-2004, 11:07 PM
:boat:
Stayed up just for the announcement!!!
(and to make my to do list for tomorrow!)
I am off to bed now and will dance all the way there!
Don't expect me on the board too early in the morning!
good night all....
MAGIC dreams!!!

princess: :wave: :smooth: :yo-yo:

Juli
01-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by OKWMEMBER
Did I get 2000??? YES!!!

I am MISTER 2000 posts!!!!

Congrats Gary! You get a beer on the house!

Juli

jedokids
01-21-2004, 11:38 PM
darn-it, all you guys are doing the single digit dance and here in Il. its only 1140, i have to wait 20 more mins.

i'm glad to hear Randy is doing well

i just finally got caught up with the posts for today and we reached my goal 2000!! I had a long day at school and then on a field trip to ISU to watch basketball, well i'm glad that got to read the post and see you guys dancin but i need sleep so good night...

i'll be back on tomorrow after school.
i hope to see more posts lol

bobby

Juli
01-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Annie - Glad to hear that Randy's on the mend. A party in his hospital room is must! Bed pans as toques for that one! Should we BYOBP or will the hospital provide them?

Juli

Cap
01-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Our 1/3/04 cruise thread is at 2038 posts. Wonderful. Our actual cruise will be like having a large company outing, with many people we all know.

Don't forget to bring your bubbles for the Sail-Away event.

What are people planning to do after the cruise, if anything, before they head home? We've going to Disney's Hilton Head Resort for a few days. With our cruise gang, we'll need to rest up before we go home.

Another weather forecast for Cozumel:

Wednesday 2/4 Mostly sunny and very humid.
High 84° F / RF 100° F. :sunny: Low 72° F / RF 79° F. Max. UV 8.

Juli
01-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Wow Dorie, a book club, all of Oprah's picks, Oprahs show! I really enjoy the Oprah magazine, but am not into the show. It's always on at the barber shop I take the kids to. I admit that I sometimes call the show Doprah, but have the utmost respect for her and her show.

I love books and am an official book fanatic. They are like water to me, or good wine. Can't get enough of them. There are books piled up on and in just about every available surface at our house. I have next to no time for fiction right now. I'm hoping that I can get a book or two in on the cruise and it will jump start my reading. DH is bringing the Da Vinci Code to read.

Something about me and it's book related. I used to really be into Science Fiction. Haven't read any in oh so long. I think way back when I had read everything in the genre I could possibly find and the newer SF coming out was just a little too weird for me. Now I read lots of historical fiction and fantasy books with my kids, but none of the adult variety on my own. We just finished "The Chronicles of Narnia" series. That was a big hit with my kids. We listen to lots of audio books in our car and on airplanes. Just finished another of the Boxcar Children stories, also a book by E. Nesbit, and will be off the the library for something for the plane ride to Florida. For some silly kids entertainment, try Hank the Cowdog on tape. The author reads it himself and it is hilarious. Lots of tongue-in-cheek humor.

Oh my, I can ramble about books!

Juli

Juli
01-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Just in time for the 10-day and single digit dance! :earsboy:

Juli

Juli
01-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Hope your party was great! Congratulations! A beer on the house for you as well!

Juli

Juli
01-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Well, I have a Bachelors Degree in Business Systems and a Juris Doctorate. I no longer program nor did I ever sit for the bar exam. However, I now have the training to give advice like, "Oh, it sounds like you need a really good lawyer for that problem." or Oh, you need a good computer tech to look at that." My friends and family find that to be extremely helpful. LOL!

Juli :teeth:

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Hooray for the single digits!!! Now we can really start to dance, at least in a chair for Randy and I... that can be fun too:hyper: (sits and spins around one more time) This is going to be the best party ever!

Hey, did I see a post quite a few pages ago saying somebody got upgraded to the Disney suite? If so, that should be where at lest one party should be, right? Who got that?

Cap, thanks for the weather report on Cozumel. That sounds a little like summer here in Orlando, so I will just have to stay in the water all day. I'm still not used to heat and humidity here.

Renae

Juli
01-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by OKWMEMBER

WELCOME TO THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!! [/B]

I'm a dancin machine!:teeth: :hyper: :D :p :bounce: :earsgirl:

Lay down the boogie and play that funky music til' you die!

Juli

Juli
01-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Time for this one to go to bed. I've filled my daily quota toward the big 2500. I've done my dancing. I've slung every beer with honesty and pride.

G'night everybody.

ZZZZZZZZZ!

Juli

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Now that we've had the official proclamation, I'm headed to bed, perchance to dream...of the Magic and hot chocolate souffle'...

I have an off topic question for anyone who might know the answer. Has anyone been to Tobago? I just found out that they have a place there where you can dive with manta rays! Now I have to find a cruise that goes there, or, beg Disney to make that part of a new itinerary. Now that would be a great vacation. The website says they approach you and offer rides, so often that they are called Tobago taxis! Wow!!!

night, Renae

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by auntrenae
Sorry, I got sidetracked chair dancing with my feet up...

So, if you can't tell a weather forecast more than a few days out, how do you know what it will be in the caribbean in 2 weeks? I know you said it's pretty static, that's why we are going now anyway, but I mean how exactly does the science work to do the figuring? I'm very interested in meteorology, so I'd love to pick your brain sometime on board...
Thanks, Renae

Sure, I love to talk, and weather is everyone's favorite subject! *grin*

It's really fascinating, and when you consider that meteorologists are paid even if they're wrong, I wonder why I got out of the business... ;)

See, we can track the major weather patterns, but then there's areas where "microclimates" can take over - for example, I live 20 mins from my mom - and in the ride from my house to hers, you can go through 3 different types of weather. So that can be hard to factor in, unless one lives in an area long enough - so pick your favorite tv meteorologists by length in an AREA, not necessarily age.

There's also the issue that we have several different computer models that run twice a day, some more - and because they are all built off a different formula - a different assumption that weather does this because of that (the butterfly effect!) - it's a matter of taking them all into account, and getting to know each season which ones are more accurate than others - and yes, they can change from season to season.

Then add in the magic of Mother Nature - :teeth:

Climatology is the science of studying what HAS happened - and alot of people get that confused with "forecasting the weather". "What's it usually like in Key West in Feb?" is Climatology.

gee, it's too darn early in this morning to sound this boring. Shower time! :wave2:

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 04:51 AM
I LOVE to read! My favorite author is Mary Stewart. She's the one who wrote the trilogy about Merlin and King Arthur. She is amazing, so I may bring a book of hers to bring, but when will I ever get a chance to read it? I've never even sat down in a deck chair!!!

Dancin in my chair... Renae

Crystal Cave, etc! I DEVOURED those.

I'm reading "Alias Grace" by Margaret Atwood now, with "Three Swans" next up - a true story about 3 generations of Chinese women. Can't wait for it to get here from Amazon...

dheller97
01-22-2004, 04:51 AM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sleep/schla08.gif How's a guy to get any sleep around here with all that party stuff going on all nite?

I'm here, Gary. Sure, all the nuts are all tucked in now so you should be able to get some quiet time. I'm gonna have to clean up the Board room, stack up all the bedpans, pick up the various kinds of glassware, and get the place in shape for the next meeting. That's OK, 'cause I'll be doing it as I.....

DANCE THE SINGLE-DIGIT DANCE!!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/party/party-smiley-052.gif Oh, yeah, it's Rolley - Polley and the King's Court.

"I'm Henry the Eighth I am, Henry the Eighth I am, I am......"

Kabuli1
01-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

I'm up early to watch the sun rise on the single digits! This time next week, I'll be on a plane to Orlando! Wow!

Sorry I missed all the fun last night.

Books? We're talking books? I read constantly - well, until this fall! I guess I would average 8-10 books every week. I am selling 30 boxes of books on half.com right now and am taking many many more than that with me. I was talking to my Randy last night about where we can put bookshelves in our new home - a very important discussion. Forget the antiques, I want my book shelves!

Doing pretty well on the packing - getting close to the ABE (All But Essentials) stage. Jill and I have a lot of essentials! In fact, I'm taking the day off packing today to get a manicure, go out for lunch with a friend and work on my class for Sunday. I'm starting to wonder why I teach adults at church - I could probably fake it with kids.

Miss Jill dragged me out shopping yesterday - I know, like I need anything else to pack! I was just going to get this cute beaded velvet duster for one of the fancy nights, and matching neclace and earrings. Suddenly my daughter is hustling me into a dressing room w/ a skirt and crazy sandals and all the accessories for a wonderful cruise outfit . . . what can I say I now have a fabulous new ensemble (not formal) for the cruise thanks to Jill picking it out and my mom making it my belated birthday present . . . oh yes, I did buy the duster! (For you guys - that's not a feather duster to go with my French Maid outfit, it's a long jacket kind of thing!) I can't believe I'm taking an extra pair of shoes now that only goes w/ one outfit! ARGH!

Need to get to Target today to get 2 gallon ziplock bags for all my clothes. I wonder if we packed away the sun block?

So it's bitter cold here with scary wind chills out there! Better that than s***! Nikki can you put on your Karnack the Magnificent hat and tell me if my plane will be able to get out next week?

Doing my own little dance here!

::yes:: :tilt: :Pinkbounc :jumping2: :jumping1: :jumping2: :Pinkbounc :tilt: ::yes::

Karyn

Cap
01-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Good morning all - perhaps a Good mid-morning to Dean.

It sounds like we have lots of readers in the group. I'm a reader too - some Sci Fi, some mysteries (I prefer technology type), and 20th century military fiction - up to the Korean War. I'm off to the library today to pickup some new books that have been held. Waited to the last day so they will be on the 21st day out when we return. Maybe all the readers can go to the aft deck and sit quietly in the sun, drinking and reading.

I hope Randy is a reader also. There's not much else to do when in a hospital bed. Ann, can you print the latest posts for him so he can keep up with our "soap opera"?

Dean - are you playing cruise critic and writing a travel article to appear in all the local newspapers you print? Couldn't you write off the cruise as a business research expense that way?

Where's Karyn - did she pack the computer already?

Cap
01-22-2004, 07:01 AM
Oops- sorry Karyn. You must have been posting while I had the posts just prior to yours up, so didn't see that you were up and active. I understand that shopping for clothes can keep women from these boards. Now for men (or me at least) it only takes 15 minutes in a store to buy what we went in to get.

Kabuli1
01-22-2004, 07:18 AM
Cap, I only intended to stay for 15 minutes! I HATE shopping! We're going to be there at the Boardwalk on Thursday and Friday - would be nice to see you, will you have a cell phone or anything? PM or email me ways to meet up, for a drink or breakfast or a walk into Epcot!

I forgot to welcome Dizmomof2! Welcome, good to see you join us! Which company are you using to book the charter in Grand Cayman? It sounds like fun, let me know if you need three more. I'm supposed to be w/ Renae and co. on Cpat. Marvin's.

Hey, is anybody else lurking out there???? Come out of the woodwork and join us! We only eat the occasional newbie!

Cap, are you and Judi on late dining? Is it just the two of you going? (I forget so many things now that I'm OLD!) If so, maybe you could join the Hellers and us. Oops, I should have asked Dean first. How bout it, Dean? And Dean, I've been meaning to ask, how come you deliver Cap's paper but not mine, I am on the way to his house from yours!

Anybody else up yet? Waiting for the official announcement wore you all out?

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up my post count, oops!

Randy, you keep on getting better, you hear? You gotta be there to see Annie parasail on CC!!!

Karyn

:cool1: :boat: :cool1:

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Kabuli1
Need to get to Target today to get 2 gallon ziplock bags for all my clothes. I wonder if we packed away the sun block?

So it's bitter cold here with scary wind chills out there! Better that than s***! Nikki can you put on your Karnack the Magnificent hat and tell me if my plane will be able to get out next week?

I went to Target to find those and they didn't have any! *pout*

As for the weather..

*goes to read long term discussion on National Weather Service (NWS) site*

This is valid through 12Z (= 12 GMT = 7am Eastern) Weds the 28th (Tyler's birthday!) - the cold air is looking like it's going to moderate here in the East, and move back toward the central states...looks like a fairly unsettled weekend in alot of places, but in general after we get through that, they are saying that many of the models are going for a slight warming, and a general rise in heights (pressure) - a good sign. I'll try to keep an eye on this for everyone!

Kabuli1
01-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks, Nikki, so you're saying that at this moment next Thursday looks good for flying? Please keep us all posted. It's getting colder here, the temp is down to 2!!!! Nasssssty!

Karyn

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 07:47 AM
As of right now, the "extended forecast discussion", which is the technical discussion that they put out from "Washington" where the meteorologists there give their take on the various computer models, only goes out to Weds morning. But yes, from what i read, they are seeing a trend towards higher pressures and more moderate temperatures. This weekend looks interesting with some snow moving out of the Dakotas and such, but towards the end of the forecast period they are not talking about anything interesting....and believe me, weather folks are sickos...if there's even a hint of a storm, they are all over it. *grin* They even say that they're seeing a ridge set up over the eastern seaboard - a ridge is a large area of high pressure, and high pressure = sunshine and no storms - towards the "end of this forecast period". =) Looks good to me!

I'm also going to start reading the discussion out of the Key West office, and see what they have to say.

LOL - times like this, I miss being a meteorologist.

dheller97
01-22-2004, 07:49 AM
G'morning, Mamma Princess!

It would be great to have Cap & Judi join us, or anyone else in this fine group. The invitation is out there, now. Karyn, Cap gets his paper delivered because, I do respect my elders :rotfl:

Just a suggestion, Karyn. No French maid stuff at the dinner table and I won't do the speedo thing. Deal? Talking chance of heavy snow here on Sunday / Monday. Maybe it will be done by the time we leave next Thursday.

Cap, since the official announcement was made at 12:01 AM, eastern, and I have the messy Board room to clean up to prove it, I'll put the latest list up around 8 AM this morning. Then, if we get any more new comers, or revisions, I have time to put it up once more next week.

Have a great day and keep dancin'
Dean

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 08:01 AM
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/eyw/productview.php?pil=EYWAFDEYW

that's the link to the discussion from the local Key West NWS office. It's a technical discussion from the meteorologists that work there, explaining to the other meteorologists around (including the tv guys, they read these to help them forecast - much of the forecasting is done 'in committee' this way). It will have some technical terms that you might not "get", but in general is written in English enough that you can get a gist of what they think is going to happen. They're going out to Weds for now...but they update this 3-4 times a day, usually.

dheller97
01-22-2004, 08:04 AM
DIS MAGIC Cruise Team, 1/31/04
1. shingle, DH, DS-13, DD-8; from Wales, UK; stateroom #7514

2. Annie12345 (Ann), DH (Randy), DD-10 (Jaclyn), from Saskatoon, SK, Canada, stateroom #6592. EARLY SEATING.

3. Kmc33 (Kim), DH (John), DS-(Luke-4 ½), DSis, DBIL, DNephew-5, DNiece-2 ½; from Pittsburgh, PA; stateroom #7119 EARLY SEATING

4. JonHM, DW, DS-3; from Chapel Hill, NC

5. OKWMEMBER (Gary), DW (Gail); from Erie, PA; stateroom #7003. Cell # 814-440-8645. EARLY SEATING.

6. GinaAnn, DH, DS-6, DS-3, DSis, DNephew (6 mos), DMom, DStepdad; from Chicago area. LATE SEATING.

7. grandma_x2(Cheryl), DH, DD, DSIL, DB, DDIL, DGS-3, DGS-1; from Hadley, PA, Butler, PA and Wilson, NY areas; staterooms #6605, 6607 and 6609

8. kabuli1 (Karyn), DH (Randy), DD-18 (Jill); from Chicago area; stateroom #6134. LATE SEATING

9. Scott5150 (Scott), DW (Amy), DS-3 ½ (Lucas), DD-8 mo (Sarah), DMIL (Joann); from Lancaster, PA

10. dheller97 (Dean), DW (Cheri), DS-18 (Matt); from Armour, SD; stateroom #6148. Cell # 605-724-2989. LATE SEATING

11. dpuck1998, DW, DS-4, DS-3; from Vicksburg, MI

12. chickenlady, DS-6, DM, DBF (Best Friend); from Farmington, AR; stateroom #7092

13. mardal (Mark), DW (Stacy), DS-8 (Taylor), DD-5 (Tiffany), from Seattle, WA area

14. princessdisney, DH, DD-11, DS (22-months), from CA

15. Bonkinthesota, DS-13, DD-12, from Minnesota; stateroom #6558

16. Cap (Cecil), DW-artistjudi (Judi), Friends (John) (Jeannie) Friends DD (Courtney), DSIL (Ben), DGD (Ava - 3) from Canton, MI area; Cap & Judi in stateroom 6074. Cell # 734-717-6986

17. jedokids (Jerry), DW (Dorie), DD (Stepanie), DD-16 (Stacie), DS-16 (Bobby), Jerry’s DF (Bears), Jerry’s DM (Mary Jane), Jerry’s DSis (Sally), Her DH (John), Her DD-16 (Ashley), Her Friend-16 (Michelle), Jerry’s DSis (Paula), John’s Mom (Nancy), John & Sally’s Friends (Joe & Julie) in 6 staterooms on deck 7, forward and mid; from Dalzell, IL area.

18. Steve&Lisa (Steve), DW (Lisa), DS-20 months (Luke) from Ontario, Canada

19. waltjr (Eric), DW - “auntrenae” (Renae), DFather, DMother and Nurse, DBrother and brother’s DW; from Idaho, Arizona and Orlando, FL areas. Cell # 407-739-7763. LATE SEATING.

20. The4OfUs (Monique “Nikki”), DH (Glenn), DD (Kelsey-11), DS (Tyler-10); from Westford, Mass area; stateroom #2506. Cell # 978-394-3249. LATE SEATING.

21. Cyberkashi (Jami), DH (Scott), DD (Jazi-7); stateroom 8076

22. airbusdrvr (Ken), DW (Dawn), DD (Megan-9), DD (Morgan-8) from Winston-Salem, NC area, stateroom #8570

23. Juli, DH (Tony), DS (Peter-8), DS (John-8) from Waterford, Michigan area, stateroom #6032. EARLY SEATING.

24. KofPShannon (Barbara), Boyfriend (Jim), DS (Conor-16), DD (Bridget-13) from King of Prussia, PA

25. abusymommy (Mary Jo), DH (Jim), DS (Paul-3 ½), from Chicago area, stateroom #6503. LATE SEATING.

26. photonut (Annette), DH (Mark), DD (Laine-7), DS (Blake-5) from Windsor, Ontario area.

Total of 121 family members, closest friends, associates, or simple stow-aways making up 26 DIS-families

Speedo Team Captains - Gary, Dean, Cap, Randy
Party Planners: Karyn, Kim, Renae, Nikki, Dorie, Jami, Barbara
Team Cheerleaders - Gail, Cheri, Judy, Annie, Cheryl, Shingle, Gina
Toque Crew - Randy, Cap, Gary
Beer Tender - Juli Toque Team Advisor: Annette

Dean

Chickenlady
01-22-2004, 08:23 AM
:(

I know I've been quiet for the last 100 pages or so....but I've got to vent to someone. And who better to vent to than a couple hundred strangers.

I'm not looking forward to this cruise. Any other time I'd be :Pinkbounc but its going to be a tough week. Not that you guys know me or anything but I've got to spill my guts....last week my dr found a mass in the right lobe of my lung (don't smoke but been coughing and exhausted for months). Monday they will go in and do a biopsy. I won't know the results until Feb 10!!!! They tell me its fine to go on the cruise....don't worry....couldn't get the results faster even if I was at home.

I'm cruising with my Mom, my best friend and small son. Mom and best friend live more than a thousand miles away from me. They don't know about the mass. They know I've been sick and mom knows I'm getting a bronchoscopy but I've left out the gory details. Of course, I plan on filling them in once we're comfortably relaxing with an umbrella drink. DS doesn't know the gory details either but at 6 yrs he's a little easier to handle.

I'm afraid I'm going to turn this really cool, much anticipated, escape vacation into some kind of morbid death watch. I know this isn't a problem for most people but how can I get myself psyched up to have a great time? (I have to admit the speedo discussion has made me smile more than once. )

Any suggestions ?
Thanks for letting me whine.
Chickenlady

dizmomof2
01-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Kabuli1
From advise of others on the board we're going to try Native Way. Others have gone with them on a private charter and said they we wonderful. I'm going to try to book it today if you want to join us we'd love to have you along! :p

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 08:31 AM
OK...first off, that's NOT whining, not in the least! I understand where you're coming from, in a way, I had an MRI done on the 23rd of Dec, 2002, looking for proof of MS, as I had many symptoms that could not be explained. I got really scared when the dr. INSISTED that I get it done that night, and that he'd call me on XMAS EVE, of all days, to tell me the results - I figured there HAS to be a reason, and not a good one, for such timing. Turns out there are no signs of MS (ie. lesions that they look for), but instead bulging disks in my spine which caused my numbness...as well as stress.

I realize this does not compare at ALL to what you're going through...just wanted to show that there's always the chance that things can work out exactly opposite of our worst fears, I guess.

I am a true believer in the power of positive thinking, and that's what we'll surround you with. SHaring your troubles lightens them, and strangers or not, I KNOW this group here will help bring smiles and take your mind off of things. Think of it this way -the warmth, the sunshine, the laughter, the friends you're going to meet, it will all help the time go by faster, and then, god willing you come home to find out that it's not news that you've been dreading....and if it does turn out to be something hard, then think of all of your new friends that will support you, right?

Hang in there...focus on the good...and use your energy for enjoying your time with your family and friends.

*long distance hug*

And tell us your name, chickenlady! *grin* Otherwise I'm going to shorten it to "chick"! ;)

Kabuli1
01-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Chickenlady, I'm so sorry you're having to go thru this. I don't know what I'd suggest, except, I think you should tell the adults now and get the shock factor over - then tell them you're all going to have fun and nobody mentions it on the cruise. You'll need the support on Monday! Also ask your MD to tell you what he sees especially if it's good news. He will only be able to give you his best guess - but that's better than nothing. Really I'm so sorry and thinking only good thoughts for you.

Karyn

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 08:34 AM
You left off dizmomof2!!

And a belated welcome to the very same from me...sorry...got all distracted by the weather and book talk!! *grin*

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi boys and girls.

Doesn't Dean do a fabulous job on the lists! *Big round of applause - standing ovation - oops it turned into the WAVE - Someone help Randy and Aunt Ranae out of their chairs. Take the bedpans off your heads - they get tangled in Randy's IV*

Big healthy arggh to you Randy. We're crossing our fingers to keep all the germs away!

I sent Dean an e-mail to add LATE DINING for my group.

Aunt Ranae - I was the one talking about the upgrades. I had one of my cabins upgraded from 6136 to 8594. I was doing some research and saw that someone was upgraded from a cat 3 to the Roy O suite. I don't think it's on our cruise though.

Welcome to Dizmomof2!

Since we're all such avid readers - why doesn't everyone bring a book to swap when we get there. Less packing to do!

I like the dry eraser idea for the mirrors. Guess I'll need extra windex wipes.

dheller97
01-22-2004, 08:38 AM
I wish I knew your real name. Chickenlady is not a proper name for you. You show incredible courage and strength and are far from a chickenlady. I have all the faith in the world that your results will come back favorable. But, even if not, you need to enjoy this trip for both your sake and for the sake of your family and friends. Having lost my father, and my wife her dear mother, just this past year, I know how reassuring it is to remember all of the fun times I had with Dad and Cheri had with Mom. My mother lost her battle with colon cancer in '97 but she always remained positive while she struggled through it and I felt so proud of her for being stronger than I.

Please feel free to contact me or Cheri at any time if you just need someone to talk to. We aren't real family but would be very happy to become your honorary family. Pixie Dust and prayers. Please introduce yourself on the ship. :hug:
Dean

dheller97
01-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by The4OfUs
You left off dizmomof2!!

And a belated welcome to the very same from me...sorry...got all distracted by the weather and book talk!! *grin*
I am waiting to hear if they want to be added to this group of recovering knuckleheads. :teeth:

photonut
01-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Dear Chickenlady,
I know that we have not met and that I am new to this group however the way everyone has welcomed me I feel as though I already know you!
I am sorry to hear about your upsetting news... Just know that you have made a lot of new friends and sometimes it is easier to talk to someone that you have just met then it is to talk to our closest family members.
I am sure once you feel that warm sunshine you will feel a little better and can put your worries behind you at least for one week!
You are in my thoughts and prayers!

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 08:46 AM
I am waiting to hear if they want to be added to this group of recovering knuckleheads. :teeth:

LOL! Wearing my Patriots jersey today must make me ready and raring to go, because I read your sentence this way:

"I am waiting to hear if they want to be added to this group, knucklehead!"

I was ready to rumble! *grin*

Signed-
the knucklehead in the Tom Brady jersey

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Oh Ms. Chickie - so sorry to hear about your medical situation. You have to go back in the posts and read about the worry 1/2 hour a day idea. I have a friend who had part of her lung removed years ago. I can't remember why but she is doing fine with one lung and a partial! She has to be careful when she gets respiratory infections and can't be around smokers - but other then that she lives a normal healthy life.

My mother had bone cancer in her early 20s. They gave her six months to live for over 20 years and now she's 71 and cancer free. Obviously you're concerned and stranger's stories won't have much effect. They say attitude really matters in your health - so try to stay positive. You definitely need a support group or even one person at home to help you when you're feeling down since your family is so far away.

photonut
01-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Hi all Magic Cruisers!
Just wanted to let you know that our cabin # is 7592. However I will let you know when we are upgraded to the Roy O Disney Suite.....wishful thinking right??? think positive thoughts!!!!

Is anyone staying at the port the night before the cruise? Maybe we could meet up somewhere nearby? Or will some of you diehards have your lawn chairs out at the pier waiting in line for the ship to allow us on board??
I am assuming that it will be Cap or Dean holding our spaces in line!!!!

Chickenlady, your cabin is exactly opposite of ours. If the views are better from your balcony we may head over your way!

I will be checking in later tonight... I must get some work done around the house even though it is so tempting to stay online and visit with you....I know just 9 more days and I will see you all in person and we can visit then!

:earsboy: :tongue:

Chickenlady
01-22-2004, 09:03 AM
:earseek:

Nikki, Dean, Annette, Karyn and Barbara........WOW..you guys are the best!!!!!!

It takes a special person to be able to brighten a stranger's day...long distance. Thanks!

For the record my real name is Janice....but I really do like "Chickenlady". Chickens are my passion (sounds kinky, I know). Up until they found the mass last week, the working diagnosis was that I was having a hypersensitive reaction to feathers or dust. The thought of having to give up my career was very scary.........at least I thought it was scary....boy, now I know what scary really is.

Having all this cyber-friend support is very comforting. I do have lots of support at home...my DH is great and my friends and co-workers are trying to lighten things up....but its still hard. In fact the funniest thing I've heard is the when the Dr. takes the biopsy he's going to find a big old chicken feather lodged in my lung! May have to change my screen name then.

Thanks again guys...I really do appreciated it.

macrhea
01-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone,
I am a first time on the post. We will be joining you. Myself- Nancy, Ds(Jim), DD -9, DD-3. We are travelling with friends their 2 DD (9-11)and 2DGM (ages unknownrolleyes: . Deck 5 early seating:

We are very excited about our trip. Looking forward to meeting you all onboard.

To chickie, take avantage of every good time you will have on the trip. Think and take each day, hour minute one by one. When my youngest was 8 months th DR thought she might have a brain tumor, we had the CT scan on Dec 14 and Had to wait until after Xmas to get the MRI. That's what we did, we took it one day at the time.

Hang in there.

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 09:11 AM
LOL! OK, Janice, you HAVE to tell me what sort of career involves chickens in such detail! It sounds interesting to say the least! Do you raise them?

As for the cyber-support, just knowing there are people out there to listen when you need it is beyond wonderful, isn't it? The world suddenly seems smaller, and everyone is that much less "alone" - so many times I've felt down only to explain my situation and have someone give me a different outlook...and sometimes that's all it takes. And in a group like this, it's nearly impossible to "fall down", with so many people willing to help hold you up! :)

Here's an interesting fact about my family that might make you laugh...two members have a terrible fear of birds. They are just BEYOND creeped out by them, with (and I quote) their pointy little mouths and their sharp little feet and those EYES... *grin*

Not me...my one weakness is ticks...I can NOT deal with them...seriously, I will take the kids to the ER if they get one on them and no one else is around, that is how bad I am...and when one gets on me...well, you can imagine the dancing and screaming that goes on! It's quite the joke at this point... ;) Good thing I'm not adverse to laughing at myself. :rolleyes:

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Welcome Nancy!!

Wow, lots of girls my DD's age on this cruise, she'll have a blast once she loosens up and makes friends...she's fairly shy at first. :)

Juli, Tyler just figured out that your boys won't be in the same club as him, as he'll have just turned 10 when we sail. He got sad, but I told him that we'd see them around as well, and that they're not in the clubs ALL the time... *grin*

OKWMEMBER
01-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Chickenlady, YOU GO, GIRL!!! We are up to the task of supporting you any way we can. If we have to do boat drinks with you every day to accomplish that, so be it!!! We'll make that sacrifice!!!;)

Dean, you rock with the TEAM LIST, man!!!

CRUISE HAT UPDATE!!!

I talked with the Hat Guy and the hats are being silk screened on Saturday! I may be able to pick them up then, Monday at the latest! Cool Beans!!!

HADD!!! :wave: :wave2:

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 09:18 AM
OOOPS!

I have yet to send you a check, Gary! I'll bring one on the cruise, is that cool!!??

*guilty grin*

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Janice - I'm impressed you got all the names straight! I'm still struggling with who's who and would be lost without Dean's lists.

:crazy:

Bonkinthesota & Shingle - Bridget sent an e-mail to your children. Where are you?

:confused:

Chickenlady
01-22-2004, 09:23 AM
"LOL! OK, Janice, you HAVE to tell me what sort of career involves chickens in such detail! It sounds interesting to say the least! Do you raise them?"

Ok, The4OfUs, just to make this interesting......

I do not raise chickens....heehee

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Welcome Nancy and family! Sounds like there'll be a whole bunch of girls your daughters' age on board.

Gary - I haven't heard anyone say "Cool Beans" in years! Really made me smile. :cool2: My sister and I used to say it all the time.

With all the lime green on board - we might start a new fashion trend. I can see all those families going home saying "You wouldn't believe how many people were wearing lime green clothes!"

Janice - so you don't raise chickens - :scratchin: Do you work for Perdue?

dheller97
01-22-2004, 09:29 AM
WELCOME NANCY AND FAMILY!! We are so happy to have you join us. This is a real fun group and we are all getting ready for the big day. Since this is your first post, you probably don't know , but I am a co-chair. I'm the quiet reserved one while my partner, Gary, (OKWMEMBER) is the outgoing one who has done an awesome job training me. But, I always manage to beat him to the punch in welcoming all the new faces. Not bad for an old guy.

We're all doing the single digit dance today so hop right in whenever you can. :cool1: May I add your names to our list?

Dean

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Chickenlady
[BOk, The4OfUs, just to make this interesting......

I do not raise chickens....heehee [/B]

OK, you don't raise them...are you a chicken doctor maybe??

:scratchin

Or...umm...you...well, geez, I have NO idea! How many careers involve chickens where you don't raise them! *grin*

dheller97
01-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Oh, I know, I know!!

She's the regional winner in the area Chicken Dance contest.
No, huh?

OK, OK, I know!

She works at the pillow factory and is an official chicken-plucker.

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 09:40 AM
But she LOVES chickens, so she wouldn't pluck them...

And unless they do the chicken dance WITH chickens where she's from, I'd say that one is out too....

"Feathers and dust"...Janice works in a barn of some sort...??

Chickenlady
01-22-2004, 09:41 AM
We're getting very close!!!!!

Barbara wrote "Do you work for Perdue?"

Well, no but several of my degrees were from Purdue.

Nikki ......you win the prize...Cool Beans!

And I'm heartened to hear that you'll all sacrifice by drinking froofroo drinks with me to cheer me up...What a bunch of pals!

Janice

Chickenlady
01-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Boy, you guys post too fast for me to keep up. Now everyone thinks I'm a chicken plucker who dances in barns!

OK, so I have done that before....its not something I talk about.

I'm a chicken dr......poultry physiologist to be more specific.

Let the drinking resume!

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 09:45 AM
My next guess would have been - chicken assistant acting coach for Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie. :teacher:

dheller97
01-22-2004, 09:46 AM
No fair, Nikki, I was just going to say that but you snuck in front of me.:mad:

If I didn't think it would make you happy, I'd go over in the corner and pout.

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 09:51 AM
I am NOT reading well today, i read "poultry psychiatrist" and thought "Gee, I'm not THAT strange, even CHICKENS have shrinks now!" *grin*

Now Dean...I'll share the spotlight with you...

*hands Dean a froofroo drink to help cheer Janice up and stop the pouting all at once...*

Barbara, you made me spit my tea out with your "acting coach" guess!! :rotfl:

We have a new term for boat drinks, people...froofroo drinks! I like that so much better. Of course, I'm sure we'll have to think of some macho name for them too, so the men won't be embarassed.... :rolleyes: :crazy:

Chickenlady
01-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Oh its worse than you think Nikki,

I've ordered a bunch of silly straws.....straws with little metallic palms trees, tropical fish and fake flowers attached to them. I'm going to carry my stash with me and everytime I order a froofroo drink I'm going to plop one of those puppies in the drink.

Bet a lot of people will be jealous!

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 10:03 AM
*gets to front of the line of "jealous" people*

*grin*

Isn't someone else here doing the same, what with umbrella drinks, or was that for one of our "virtual" parties??

I'm a beer drinker myself, although I do plan on getting a little wild and daring and drinking *gasp* MIXED DRINKS...

and I'm also the sort that, when ordering a beer in a bottle, turns down an offered glass...as the beer is IN a glass already, right? (or so my mom says) Classy chick here, warning warning!

I think an umbrella or palm tree will be a hinderance in my beer bottle...I could take an eye out or something when I go to take a sip...

Hmm. I wonder if travel insurance covers that. :scratchin

photonut
01-22-2004, 10:04 AM
TO MACRHEA AND STEVE&LISA!

I Noticed that you are both from Ontario...we are from Windsor..whereabouts are you from? PS Welcome Macrhea...Nancy and Jim....we look forward to meeting you.

kmc33
01-22-2004, 10:09 AM
I am getting a late start this morning, so it took me a little while to catch up. And since I am sleep deprived this week, I read the same thing as Nikki, at first:
I am NOT reading well today, i read "poultry psychiatrist" and thought "Gee, I'm not THAT strange, even CHICKENS have shrinks now!" *grin* I looked at it and thought, well maybe that's for the chickens who are having problems laying eggs. Then I re-read it and I read physiologist. I know a little about physiology and where I work, we have some Research Physiologists who conduct studies... on humans. But I am very interested to know what a poultry phisiologist does!

Janice, I am a worrier by nature, but I won't say "I know how you feel" because, I would have to be in your shoes to know exactly how you feel. But I do empathize with the situation. I am sincerely sorry that you are going through this, period. And then the timing with the trip -- I am sure that is very difficult. I can only say that if you won't know the results until February 10th whether you were on the cruise or at home, hopefully this will be an opportunity to have fun instead of sitting home worrying about the outcome. I hope that everything turns out for the best and it ends up not being anything serious. I will remember you in my prayers. I truly hope that you will meet up with us. This seems like a fun group of people who have the power to make everyone laugh and have a good time. :sunny:

dheller97
01-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Watch out for Karyn, she'll think we are ordering "Froto" drinks instead of froofroo drinks. Just excuse her, that comes from one too many trips to see LOTR, ROTK.

Dunno, froofroo just doesn't seem manly enough. Torque-toque? Needo-speedo? Have to work on that.

kmc33
01-22-2004, 10:13 AM
and I'm also the sort that, when ordering a beer in a bottle, turns down an offered glass...as the beer is IN a glass already, right? (or so my mom says) Classy chick here, warning warning! You know, when you pour a beer into a glass and the glass isn't as cold as the beer, you risk raising the temperature of your cold beer! When I am in a nice place, I wrap the napkin around the bottle. ;) Now, that's classy. I saw a bar tender do this once in a fancy hotel at a cocktail reception. It's a little harder to do after they take the cap off. :rolleyes:

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Dunno, froofroo just doesn't seem manly enough. Torque-toque? Needo-speedo? Have to work on that.

From the commercials I've been seeing, apparently if we insert the word "Hemi" in there somewhere, it gets manly...

:tongue:

"Rough-n-ready-refreshment"

"Tough-n-tropical-drink"

OK, I got nuthin'....

kmc33
01-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Great job on the list, Dean. Thanks for doing this! It is going to come in handy because I am starting to get names and handles mixed up. This will come in VERY handy!

OKWMEMBER
01-22-2004, 10:16 AM
The Canadian part of our group is growing, eh? Beauty! Now I have to make sure I pack my toque for the trip. I draw the line on flannel shirts, though. Good Day, eh?

*In unison, the Canadians say "Take off, Gary!! You Hoser!!!"*

kmc33
01-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Welcome, Nancy!!!

Glad you could join us! Hope you will come and meet up with us on the ship.

For the new members, the plan is to meet on the first day (January 31st). There are two opportunities already set up, in case you can't make it to the earlier one:

3:00 - 3:30 pm at Studio Sea on Deck 4 (mid-ship)
This is right before the safety drill.
10:00 pm at the Promenade Lounge Deck 3

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Butterfly2
01-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Dear Chickenlady,
You must be scared to death. There are no special words anyone can say, but you will be in all of our prayers. Try very hard to live for the day that is here and don't think about tomorrow. Stay with these people, they are a good bunch and will give great moral support. I look forward to meeting you and we will all do our best to make this cruise fun for you. Cheri

OKWMEMBER
01-22-2004, 10:27 AM
I just step up to the bar and say "I'll have one of them there Carribean Cocktails, please!!!

Hey Dean, "If you think the umbrella in your drink is there to keep the tobacco juice drippin' off you lip out of it, you might be a Redneck!"

dheller97
01-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Congratulations, Kim, on number 2,100!!

Good idea, Nikki. Hemi-toque, toque-hemi. I think I'll have to think about it some more. And, hemi and speedo just won't go together on a family cruise. All I can see is the guy sitting there asking "Hey, you got a hemi in that thing?"

Gary, many pages back you said you and Gail would be up on the terrace to greet everyone. I know I'll be hard to recognize in the crowd but if you see me, wave and I'll do the same. Plan on doing some heavy body checking to get to the ressie areas for Palo's and spa plans. Unless somebody is a better checker than me, we'll be back to see you right after that, OK?

OKWMEMBER
01-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Sounds like a good plan, Dean! *says Gary as he's cleaning up the spewed Diet Pepsi on his desk after reading Dean's Hemi joke!* :rotfl:

No comment on the redneck joke, huh?

Way to go, Kim!!!:hyper:

kmc33
01-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Wow, what an honor! I didn't even know a milestone posting was that close.

I was looking at some of the other cruise meet threads, I think the Feb. 7th cruise had under 200 posts. The cruise that leaves this Saturday has 700 and that looks like a good number compared to some of the other -- except ours of course!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

dheller97
01-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Gary-I was being sensitive to other peoples comments and did not want to offend you by pointing out the brown juice all over the top of your umbrella. :teeth:

Course, this comes from a guy who thinks fast food is hitting a deer at 65 MPH on the hiway.

OKWMEMBER
01-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Yep, That would be me! It's kind of tough for me to get my 1965 Ford pick-up with 128,587 miles on it and 4 bald tires up to 65 MPH these days. She shakes sumthin' fierce goin' that fast!!! :crazy: The dog almost fell out the back of the truck last time!!!

Cap
01-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Welcome to all the new or returning posters today.

Dean, thanks for the updated list. Now we've got nine days to memorize all the names. ;)

Hey - what's wrong with flannel shirts? When the temperature is 15, like today, a flannel shirt is great.

Well - made some progress this morning. Got the license plate for the new car and put it on, since the temporary plates would expire while we were at sea.

Our friends Jeannie and Courtney (who will be on the cruise) called from Disney's MGM. Much better place to be than in Michigan today.

Thanks everyone for the postings and info today.

dheller97
01-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Remembered something from my do not forget list:
BUBBLES FOR THE SAIL-AWAY PARTY. http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/cool19.gif

Don't let me forget, OK?

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Don't forget your bubbles for the sail away party!

*loves to be helpful*

Cap
01-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Dean, if you forget the bubbles, you get docked two drinks. That should be an incentive to remember them.

And - Redneck or not - the bubbles don't count as the Saturday night bath.

ArtistJudi
01-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Wow! What a lot of posts this morning! It shows we're all ready to meet each other.

First, Welcom Nancy and Jim, Eh? This is a crazy bunch.

Next, Chickie, Pray a lot. It will give you power beyond what is normal, and peace of mind. Think positive and take advantage of your new friends who want the best for you. We're looking forward to meeting you.

Auntrenea, We have three friends, Courtney Yee, Jeanne Johnson and Kathy Pole Who are avid scrapbookers. You'll have fun! I have wanted to do this craft, but with my business and volunteer work, I don't dare get interested. This may do it!

We leave for FL tomorrow morning. Can't wait. Judi

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Hmmm Cap - 15 degrees - a heat wave? We might actually hit 40 today. That would be the warmest day this month.

Maybe we should name the guys drinks' after tools. On second thought, a screwdriver isn't too manly. How about heavy equipment - bulldozer, pile driver, steam shovel, tractor toque?

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 11:31 AM
*ahem* "I'll have a pile driver please..."

*grin*

Sounds frightening actually....

shingle
01-22-2004, 11:42 AM
:eek: kofpshannon,dale and dee dee have not received an email from bridget tell her to pm them. dale and bonkinthesota's son andrew have been sending each other pm's without any problems.:D

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 12:02 PM
:wave2: :wave2: Hi Shingle - we missed you! I bet you have quite a long flight to look forward to.

I'll have to ask Bridget where she sent it. I believe she replied to your PM, so it might be in your PM inbox. She's a little disappointed that we haven't met any 13 year old girls yet. She said her only consolation would be if the 13 year old boys were "REALLY cute."

We were looking at pictures of Castaway Cay last night and my kids can't believe that the ocean is really that color.

photonut
01-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey Dean,
I just returned from the National Sports store where I purchased your official Canadian toque!!!
Although it is not exactly how I described it (DO you know how hard it is to find a winter hat in Canada now when they are bringing out the spring line of clothes!!!!!!) OH Ya and it is -12 C today with a wind chill of -45 C!!! AND GO FIGURE ... I can't find a toque in the whole city!!!! AND SNOW....do we ever have a lot of snow...and more expected.

Anyhow, you will recognize it though.....shall I wear it when we meet at Studio Sea at 3 -330 or reserve the honor for you??

I must get back to vacuuming YAHOO! (NOT!)

dheller97
01-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Woooo - hoooo!

Thanks, Annette. An honorary Canadian with an official toque. They may even let me join the toque team now. That calls for a drink - Juli, slide down a 7/16" open ender, OK?

Thanks, again.

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Good afternoon everyone,
I just got up after staying up most of the night to party! I'm so glad I don't have to work today... yeahhh!

Cap, I'm crazy about the library! I always come out of there with enough books that I have to carry them in 2 trips. I inhale them and love to get lost in the atmosphere right along with the story.

Whoever said they inhaled the Merlin trilogy, I'm with you :hyper: boy they are good! I want to go to all the places in them some day. I get a lot of people in my store who are from England and that makes me want to go even more. Wouldn't it be great if there really was a crystal cave? WOW!

I almost forgot, it's the 9 DAY DANCE! Woohoo!

I love espionage type books, and Tom Clancy, but the language is so awful I don't read him anymore. Is there someone else out there who can weave a spell like he does without needing his mouth washed out with soap? I'd love to hear about them.

OK, weather, I have to ask this even though the chance is small. There is a meteoroligist in Utah that is quite famous, his name is Mark Eubank. Is there any chance that you've heard of him? He's amazing! He does this segment called 'weird weather'. I sure miss his accurate forecasts. He's been there so long that he knows pretty well what is going to happen. He's funny too. So far, none of the Orlando weathermen strikes my fancy as really good. Oh well, rain at 3pm isn't that hard to forecast!

ta, Renae

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Nikki,

I forgot to say that there is nothing boring about weather! I love to hear about science and how the weather works, so, let's talk for sure!

Renae

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 12:59 PM
:) Looking forward to it, Renae....

I'm the one that said I inhaled those books - I'm huge into the whole Arthur legend, as well as the history of the British Isles. Some of my favorite books are "biographies" of people such as Mary Queen of Scots and her wonderful *ahem* uncle Henry VIII. And I have one "on deck" to read about the person Shakespeare supposedly modeled MacBeth after. So much to read, so little time, if it werent' for my trips on the subway daily, I wouldn't have any time at all!

I also do the audio books, I subscribe to an online service where I download and burn my own copies - I get 2 complete books for $20 a month, and some of these (like Memoirs of a Geisha for example) are like 18 disks long! Well worth the $$.

I have not heard of that particular meteorologist, but he may not have been a client of my company, as those were the ones that we'd talk to. As for the Orlando guys, there was only one I ever talked to, and he was...well, let's just say "stuck on himself" after Hurricane Andrew... *rolls eyes*

Today is going by SOOOOoooooo SLLLLLOOooooooowly... *sigh*

OKWMEMBER
01-22-2004, 12:59 PM
For those of the non-Canadians out there (I'm one of them) who are still clueless about what a toque is (I'm NOT one of them), I offer the following web site, complete with visual aids!!! *secretly longing for a lime green one with the ear flaps!*

Canadian Word of the Day (http://brokengoalie.typepad.com/eyv/2003/11/canadian_word_o.html)

HADD, eh!?!?:wave: :wave2:

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 01:01 PM
And then there's this...

http://www.thetoque.com

Look at the front page, is that Randy in his hospital bed? ;)

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 01:04 PM
For those newbies, welcome!

Chickenlady, we're with you, don't be afraid to come, maybe a cruise is just what you need in a stressful situation! If you can relax, laugh at speedo clad men, and think about anything else, it might help you feel better and be better able to cope with your situation. I know it's not easy to think about anything else, but we are there with you!

Dean, thanks SO much for the list! Now, when someone posts without adding their name, I can tell who the players are, yo ho!

Renae

macrhea
01-22-2004, 01:05 PM
I have to do this between a few gaps at work. To the other Canadian, we are from Oakville , Ont.

I made a typo on my first post. DH Jim not DS Jim.

You can add us to the list. We will try to make it at 10pm. I don't know about the 3pm meeting point because I am getting the impression that we'll need to run around to reserve at Palo, kids clubs. It seems pretty intense.

Which nignt is better for Palo?

I'll check in later eh!

dheller97
01-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Nancy, you are now officially a member on our DIS-list! I'll put it up again next Wednesday for the last time before we all depart. Enjoy the group, they can be funny when they aren't all out party going.

The web site links were great! Gary, I did the spitting thing when I saw yours. Good one, you got me.

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Barbara,
You don't need windex wipes for the dry erase stuff, tissue works fine, honest! I was shocked when my DH started writing on our wall to wall mirrors in the living room to plan our last cruise, but it comes off and the mirror gets 'cleaned' at the same time! Nothing bad about that!!

Renae

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Barbara,
I forgot to put this in my last post, so I will say it's too bad none of us got that cabin, but we have a whole ship to party on...

Has anyone ever booked a cruise after finding it on Ebay? I talked to my boss yesterday and he said he got an owners suite on RCCL once for about what a verandah room costs on the Magic! I could really go for that:Pinkbounc let me know what your experience was, please, if you did that.

Thanks,
Renae

dizdadof2
01-22-2004, 01:45 PM
We are also from Canada, Burlington.

A little bit of information overload after reading the boards.

An easy question for you veterans: How long will it take to drive from Animal Kingdon Lodge to the boat to arrive in time to see the boat before departure? And how much will it cost in tolls?

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Hi!

Welcome to our 'little' group that is growing fast! I'm glad you joined us. We do know how to par-TY and have been known to do a chicken dance or two between rehearsals for the hustle in the terminal... THAT will be a sight to behold! do do do do do do dododo....

Renae

OKWMEMBER
01-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Welcome Dizdadof2!!! Yet another Canadian!!! Man, I wish Randy was on-line to see this!!!

My guess on Animal Kingdom Lodge to Port Canaveral would be 65 Miles and and about an hour and a half driving time. Tolls would be about $2-$3 one way.

dizdadof2
01-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Thank you for your quick replies.

I haven't even finished reading all the notes on the board.

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 02:16 PM
I have an idea! How about everyone who scrapbooks brings one of their favorite pages to share with us? I don't think we should try to do a crop, it's too hard to get our stuff together in this short time, not to mention the extra suitcase we'd need! (thinks of the looks on the security guys' faces when they see all the scissors) *grin*

he he he...
Renae

Kabuli1
01-22-2004, 02:25 PM
My Goodness! I leave for the morning, and this place explodes with activity!

Welcome to the newbies! Jump right in, we're weird but lovable!

I'm stunned, I don't know what to respond to. Dean, I'm saving you a place in line - look for Jill and I in lime green - toward the front of the line, I hope!

Looks like we'll be coming in on Wednesday, now. Jill is going to do an overnight college visit at Stetson U that night. I'll stay in De Land as well then we'll be heading over to the Boardwalk in the early afternoon, Thursday.

I do mixed drinks, too. Who was it that said that's what they drink? I'm so confused.

Nikki, I need info on audio books before I drive to WA in Feb!

Sorry, I don't scrapbook - but if one of you who loves it so much wants to take all my stuff and put it in books for me, that would be very nice!

And . . . Where's the library on board?

confused!

Karyn:earseek:

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-22-2004, 02:26 PM
I just got my hair cut for the cruise!! I took a LOT off, too! I went from long and boring to much shorter and spunky! I hope I'm in no way related to Samson, or else my power to woo King Matt may be inhibited!! We should really do some before and after pictures... wouldn't that be fun?? My DM and i decided not to tell my dad about it so that he'll be shocked when we see him in FL next week...

AT THIS TIME NEXT WEEK I'LL BE IN FLORIDA!!!!! HeHeHe, i got an overnight visit @ one of my top schools so we fly out WEDNESDAY instead of Thursday!! Isn't that exciting? It's coming up fast, i hope time slows down on board!! Time does NOT fly when you're having fun... riiiiiight? hehe

Anyway, i'm out! Talk to ya later, Kiddies!!:smooth:

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 02:32 PM
That was me that talked about what I drink...and I'm not a big mixed drink person...honestly, I can handle 3-4 beers before I get really goofy and feel it, but those mixed drinks toss me on my butt quicker than anything! I'm actually worried about being too hung over, so I'll be limiting those!! :)

As for the books - this is a GREAT deal, because in the stores, these books go for at least $20 a PIECE, and to get them for $10, AND be able to make as many copies as you want...PLUS I got a free MP3 player for signing up for a year's subscription at $20 a month...

http://www.audible.com/ - they have a great selection, they are easy to use, and you can choose your sound quality. I'm a very happy customer thus far. If you DO sign up, tell me and I'll "refer" you, ok? Oh...and if you would like copies of any of the ones I have thus far, I can burn them for you and send them out!! Would only cost me pennies in CDs and shipping. :)

Kabuli1
01-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Nikki, I don't know that I'd ever need that many audio books to need a subscription, so maybe we can just talk about what you've really enjoyed and I can get suggestions from you.

This group is so big we ought to plan some sort of real event! The 12/18/04 group is planning a wine tasting where everybody brings a wine from their own state/region. We should do something, are we sure no one in our group has a suite?

Maybe I'm getting into my party planner role too well!

Karyn

dizmomof2
01-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Hello all! This thread is exploding you guys are posting so fast!!!!

dizdadof2 - Mike is that you!!!

We are from Burlington as well.

macrhea- How old are your two DD's. Mine are 7 and 9. I'm looking for a friend for my nine year old. The 7 yr old's best friend (and family) have the cabin next to ours. Let me know. If the girls are the same age maybe they could meet.

Kabuli1 I pm'd you. :cool:

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 02:59 PM
I am such a "read-a-holic" that I listen to an audio book on the way to and from the subway, read a different one ON the subway, and depending on the online bookclub at work, sometimes read one at work on lunch breaks.

I am more than happy to share my collection whenever you need it!

macrhea
01-22-2004, 03:07 PM
My DD are 3 and 9 so our oldest should meet. We're going with friends and their DD are 9 and 11. So there's a little gang for them.

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Any my DD is 11 as well. :) Sounds like quite the group in the Lab for the girls!

dizmomof2
01-22-2004, 03:14 PM
macrhea I'd love to get the girls (and families) together. My DN is 4 that is going. She would be in the same group as your youngest. Can you pm me and we can maybe arrange something since we live so close?
:confused:

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Welcome dizdad and dizmom. :wave: Are you 2 together or just happened to pick similar handles?

Karyn - I like your idea of an event. Wine's fine with me, but it sounds like we have a lot of beer drinkers (other then those manly froofroo drinks with tobacco-stained umbrellas). :umbrella: How about a beer tasting? We should all have local beers. And with all those Canadians - maybe we'll get lots of Molson Golden, yummy.

Nikki (I think it was you) - I use a glass for my beer. I seem to have my bottles overflow after the first drink all the time. If they're plastic cups, I use 2 inside each other. It acts as an insulater and helps me recognize "my" glass.

dizdadof2
01-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Yes Jen it's me

All this talk about of audio books - try your local library. Ours has a great selection of books on tape and CD. They make the drive to work go faster and great for the kids on the plane ride to Florida.

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by KofPShannon
Karyn - I like your idea of an event. Wine's fine with me, but it sounds like we have a lot of beer drinkers (other then those manly froofroo drinks with tobacco-stained umbrellas). :umbrella: How about a beer tasting? We should all have local beers. And with all those Canadians - maybe we'll get lots of Molson Golden, yummy.

Nikki (I think it was you) - I use a glass for my beer. I seem to have my bottles overflow after the first drink all the time. If they're plastic cups, I use 2 inside each other. It acts as an insulater and helps me recognize "my" glass.

The wines made around here (unless you count the ones we made at the "make your own beer/wine/soda place") are all fruit wines, from here: http://www.nashobawinery.com/

Unique, that's for sure.

We do have great beer tho. :)

Barbara, your beer overflows? LOL! I HATE that, you take a sip and the froth just spills out after? Usually that happens to me when DH is being silly and takes his beer bottle and bangs the top of mine with it...instant overflow. Make sure no one is doing that to yours!! *grin*

dizmomof2
01-22-2004, 03:35 PM
KoPShannon - thanks for the welcome. Yes I know dizdadof2 but if you notice the posts, he's just copying my handle.

Auntrenae- If I have room (and weight limit) left in my suitcase I'll bring down my scrapbook from our last Disney cruise. I always love to share my scrapbook!:p

KofPShannon
01-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Wait - Wait :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I thought of another "event," Karyn - a speedo and toque fashion show. Of course, the models can only be the men and the women will be froofroo-drink holding spectators. That will be after the wine/beer tasting, of course.

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Karyn,
The library on board is little but it has some interesting Disney books and some games you can take out and play. It's on deck 2 across from the midship elevators. The room we used to crop in was on one side of it. Nice boardroom type place!

Renae

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Dizmomof2,
What's your 'civilian' name? I can't find you on Dean's list!:confused:
I haven't had time to do any scrapping of my last cruise, we went in Oct. I do have the pix on cardstock in a binder, so if I have room, I'll bring it. I'd love to see yours!
Renae

jedokids
01-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Jeeps i stay up late last night and i come home from school and do 45 mins of reading just to catch up. The post goal is coming along good.

For those of you that leave early are you still going to be able to post next week or do we just have to wait till the cruise to talk to you again?

umm some interesting things about me would have to be, i love to cook and eat, but i'm into history more than anything. When going somewhere i love to be early and i like to have things planned out.

scrapbooking~well i have stuff saved like pictures from the paper and running stuff that i have saved, its just getting started is the hard part.

well i'm glad that more and more people keep joining our thread( more posts anyways)

Dean i think that your list is helpful thankyou for taking the time to make the list

bobby

dheller97
01-22-2004, 04:52 PM
I know, I know!

You weren't paying attention. dizmomof2 is Jen and dizdadof2 is Mike.
:p pfffffttttt

auntrenae
01-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Dean, Thanks for updating me, I guess I was reading so fast to catch up that I missed that...
For Jen and Mike, whether you are together or not, a personal welcome to you both! You can add some more wacky to our already wild and crazy bunch! ( waves arms over head to imitate Steve Martin)

Bobby,
If you want to get started in scrapbooking, just ask one of us addicts, we can get you infected with the virus! (gotta have more paper, more stickers, more film, more, more, more...)

Renae

dheller97
01-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Hi, Bobby-

I'm glad you like the list. You said that you like history. Have you ever been to South Dakota and seen Mt. Rushmore? In the visitor center at the monument they have an awesome history of how Mr. Borglum worked at actually getting those portraits into the granite. It is pretty neat to see how they placed the dynamite just right to blow away only what they wanted and not disturb any of the surrounding stone. Check it out when you have some extra time.

Dean

Cap
01-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Bobby,

Judi and I will be reading and posting while we are traveling, even though we are leaving tomorrow. On the days where we are using dial-up access, there may not be lots of posts from us. On Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, we should have high-speed internet access, so will probably post more.

Judi says I'm addicted to the boards, and I couldn't go a week with out looking at them. Even on the ship I usually check in once late in the evening and again just before or after breakfast.

dheller97
01-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Hey, Barbara, I just checked my email and saw the revisions you made to our list. THAT IS FANTASTIC - THANK YOU!

Everyone, Barbara took the extra time to rearrange our team listing into order by cabin number. Those that preferred not to give their numbers are arranged alphabetically. It makes it very easy to read and find who is close to whom. (gramatically correct ain't it?). Anyway, when you see it next week you will appreciate her efforts.

Cap
01-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know if we get new Lanyards every cruise, or should we pack our's from the Member's Cruise last year?

Annie12345
01-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Wow, I just got caught up on the posts since last night...

Photonut, you are directly above us (we are in 6592) ... we'll be able to pass drinks over your veranda...

Chickenlady/Janice - you are in our prayers! We will all be thinking extra good thoughts for you!!! And will be happy to do whatever we can do to help make your cruise your best trip ever!!

Welcome to all the new posters!! We're glad to have you with us... and a special Bonjour to our fellow Canucks!!

I think the idea of a speedo and toque fashion show put on by the men sounds great ...

Does anyone want to do a group Palo brunch or high tea?

I had to go back to work today so I'm just off to see Randy now... I'll post later...

Oh yah, Gary, you hoser, take off, eh!

dheller97
01-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh yah, Gary, you hoser, take off, eh!

As co-chair, I second the motion currently on the floor. ;)

jedokids
01-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Dean- I have yet to make it to SD, to see Mt. Rushmore, but I have seen a couple of shows on the history channel about Rushmore.

Does anyone know what movies will be playing when we go? So if anyone knows will you please tell me. I think that the days at sea would be a good time to go see a movie.

dheller97
01-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Anybody else come up with any door magnets yet?
Here's what we got:

http://mattman787.topcities.com/mini_magnet4.jpg

Cap
01-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Dean,

The magnet art looks great. Be careful, however, that the pictel police don't get you. I think they are over the allow pictel count on the boards.

dheller97
01-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks, Cap-we'll do one at a time.

http://mattman787.topcities.com/mini_magnet1.jpg

dheller97
01-22-2004, 08:54 PM
http://mattman787.topcities.com/mini_magnet3.jpg

dheller97
01-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Last one.......
http://mattman787.topcities.com/mini_magnet2.jpg

Kabuli1
01-22-2004, 09:17 PM
awwww, Dean, those are so cute!

Karyn

Annie12345
01-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone - just got back from the hospital and Randy is really tired... he's had a steady stream of visitors the last two days so when we left he said he was going to hopefully call it a night and get some sleep... He hopes to be all rested up for the party tomorrow night and he said that he can scrounge up lots of bedpans for us...

Dean, are you close to Mount Rushmore? I went there as well as the other attractions near Rapid City when I was a kid... It's one of my most memorable vacations....

I too am pretty tired so I'm going to have an early night...

HADD!!

AAARRRRGGGGpirate: pirate: (for Randy)

Juli
01-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Welcome to Janice, Jen, Mike.....I'm sure there's more but I couldn't get to all the posts yet.

I sent the beers out hours ago really. I am not slacking on the job, honestly. Um, Dean, what in the heck kind of beer did you ask for? It sounded like a wrench. I'm a sheltered girl over here in Michigan and I only know how to order beer, bier, or cervesas. I can't spell them, but I can say them.

I have a love/hate relationship with weeks like this. We are just way too busy at our house right now. Some is getting ready for the cruise, but most is just stuff we have going on. Classes, field trips, plays, Mom's Escape this weekend....yeah! A bunch of mom's are going to see a play and spend the night in a hotel!!! I'm pretty stressed about when we'll finish packing, but I don't want to miss this get together. The boys also have their first reconcilliation (confession for us older folks) this weekend and we have a "Beatlemania" thing to go to on Sunday. Monday is our usual Math games/swimming day. I'm the math games coach and can't bail out on that one.

It could be a late night for me. I just started some laundry and really want to read some more of the posts.

See you all later.

Juli

dizdadof2
01-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Yes dizmomof2 aka Jen is my sister and disney travel guru. The whole family is heading out to sea togather.

Counting the days.
:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: princess:

dheller97
01-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Juli-There was some talk about froofroo drinks earlier today. You'll see it as you catch yourself up from the day. I wanted something a bit more manly sounding, thus......

Gary, I just PM'd you a link to see what we discussed this evening. Let me know if it looks okay.

See everyone tomorrow.
Dean

photonut
01-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Juli,
I feel the pressure too just before we go away. It is so much anticipation but so much to do....with small children I have to notify the school, dance classes, boy scouts, cancel paper, arrange house sitting....and to top it off I do this weird thing where I have to clean the house completely before I go away including change all the bed linens and towels so when we get home it is all fresh and clean. My husband Mark thinks it is kind of silly when there is packing to be done. I remember last year they were all packed waiting at the door and I was drying the last set of bed sheets and would not leave until I put them on the bed!! INSANE!! But I guess we all have our little quirks.

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow (brothers wifes stepdad passed away)
and this weekend DH and DS are away camping (IN THE COLD) with Boy Scouts.
I taught my last scrapbooking class tonight so I should have some quiet time next week. When I return I teach 3 classes in a row and then am heading out on an all girls weekend as soon as we get back. I plan to get my Travel album of this upcoming trip done in that weekend.

I can't stay up for the midnight boogie so hear is my dance now....
Just read it after midnight!!

Shake it, shake it, shake it , shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture!!
My best OutKast impression!!
I am sure all the teenage posters will know this song!!!

Good night all...read you in the morning!

Juli
01-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by photonut
....and to top it off I do this weird thing where I have to clean the house completely before I go away including change all the bed linens and towels so when we get home it is all fresh and clean.

:rotfl:

Annette,
Are you my long lost twin? I get obsessed with cleaning up to. To the point where I take on projects like cleaning out closets and things! That is insane! What does a cleaned out closet have to do with getting ready for a trip. Just makes me feel better that's all. I hate to admit it, but my family is always waiting in the car while I do "one last thing" before we go. I think I need a 12-step program. :crazy:

Oh, I know who Outkast is! If it weren't for my son and MTV, I'd be a total square. Well, I still am a square, but I try.

Juli

Juli
01-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Remembered something from my do not forget list:
BUBBLES FOR THE SAIL-AWAY PARTY. http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/cool19.gif

Don't let me forget, OK?

Dean, I will bring some extra bubbles for you. Even though you are not going to forget yours.:D I have a handful of small bubble bottles that I got from Oriental Trading a long time ago. Been wondering what I was going to do with those things.

Juli

Juli
01-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Juli
I get obsessed with cleaning up to. To the point where I take on projects like cleaning out closets and things!

I may be leaving you with the impression that our house is neat & tidy.....hmmm....should probably just leave it at that.

Juli

auntrenae
01-23-2004, 12:05 AM
OK, I admit it, I am a before leaving on vacation cleaner too. I just love coming home to a really clean house, it makes coming home from vacation a little easier knowing I won't have to work for a few days. This time that may be harder though, because we are leaving Ben, (DS 21) home. We told him he can have company, but he's supposed to clean up after himself. Supposed to being the operative word... I want to trust him, but he's a guy, and 21 to boot... oh well, I think he'll do ok.

Annette, what kind of scrap classes do you teach? I've been teaching for a couple of years, just on my own, and I really love it. I tailor my classes to what the students want, and we have a lot of fun.

I'm going to call it a night,
ttfn, Renae

Juli
01-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Phew! Done with all the posts! Can't miss a single one!

Janice - Hang in there! I wish you didn't have to go through this, but I can tell you are a strong person. We'll be thinking of you.

Nikki - You just crack me up. No more coffee or drinks by the computer. You make everyone spew them on their keyboards!

I love the weather stuff too. We are one of those strange families that watch The Weather Channel together. The boys and I went on a tour of the local National Weather Station this past year. It was great.

You are now my book mentor. I am not worthy. It's time I started expanding my horizons and you have some great ideas.

I thought the boys would be able to see each other in the lab, but not at organized activities??? There's always the pool and the arcade, right?

Drinks - Now I get it. Tool Time drinks. I got hooked on Dirty Martinis last summer. That sounds pretty manly. How about a Dirty Hemi Monster? It can be lime green with one of Janice's straws sticking out of it.

Karyn and Family, Cap & Judi - safe journey

Kim - 2100!!! Keep dancin!

Welcome to Jim & Nancy - knuckleheads anonymous - that's us.

Juli

Juli
01-23-2004, 12:40 AM
This time that may be harder though, because we are leaving Ben, (DS 21) home. We told him he can have company, but he's supposed to clean up after himself. Supposed to being the operative word... I want to trust him, but he's a guy, and 21 to boot... oh well, I think he'll do ok.

Just keep repeating that phrase - he'll do ok:scared:

Our son is 21 as well. He is great when we are gone....now! I'll tell you about some of the bashes he had another time. We just patched up the holes in the drywall and we want to forget about it. :)

Juli

auntrenae
01-23-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi ladies and gents,

I know Ben will be fine, but he used to make a mess and leave it till we got home thinking I would fix it....NOT!
The first time we left the 3 boys at home alone, to see how they would do, we went for a quick walk around the block and came home to find that they had had a chili fight in the dining room and somehow got chili on the 14 foot vaulted ceiling!!!:eek: Needless to say, we didn't leave them alone for a while after that! BOYS!
Renae

dheller97
01-23-2004, 05:16 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Hey, Juli and Renae, you forgot to turn off the lights. Tell your boys they have a challange in just 8 days: getting chili on the ceiling in the atrium. All-right - FOOD FIGHT!

Have a good day - someone will get the trophy today for number 2200. Who's turn is it?

Dean

Kabuli1
01-23-2004, 06:32 AM
Good Morning! I did notice that all the lights were on when I came down this morning, Renae, Juli you gotta remember to turn them off when you go to bed!

Weird thought, my bedroom at my new house is on the main floor. I'm so used to talking in terms of going up to bed or coming down in the morning! Oh my, this change may be the worst of all. My whole orientation on life will have to change! No upstairs/ downstairs, just the guestrooms up there. Wow, weird!

My wanderng son and his DF finally made it back from their rather scary trip back to Ithaca (with their impromptu stop at Gary and Gails!) for the last time. I think they had a hard time saying goodbye cause it took 4 days to pack up one closet and bring it back here. Thanks for checking up on them last night. I can't wait to meet you.

Now, that brings up another topic. It has been on my mind that I will feel somewhat sad when we finally get to meet all of you, cause you have all become such good friends - and when we meet, means that our time together is almost done! So, I'm thinking that we really do need to get together on doing this again next year! Are we going to do Eastern or Western and when are we going to do it and, am I totally nuts when I can't even afford the Christmas cruise!

Juli, I'm not gone yet - not till next Wednesday!

We're leaving Derek and Elaina (both 22) here, but I may have my regular pet sitter come by twice each day - I don't really trust the kids to take care of my birds! I laughed over those of you talking about family members who are afraid of birds!

I usually do not leave a clean house - and this time will be no different, If I can get all my boxes packed I will be happy, less to do when I get back! It is nice to come home to a clean house, tho. I will come home to an empty house. I'm sure it will be an absolute mess however with D & E here.

Do you guys realize that Jill and I get home on Sunday evening 2/8 and on WEDNESDAY after (2/11) the movers are coming to take everything away?!?!?!?!?! :earseek: Can you imagine what Monday and Tuesday are going to be like? :crazy: I'm going to need another vacation.

Am I rambling?

Hey, have a good one all!

Karyn
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Cap
01-23-2004, 06:55 AM
Kayrn said Weird thought, my bedroom at my new house is on the main floor. I'm so used to talking in terms of going up to bed or coming down in the morning! Oh my, this change may be the worst of all. My whole orientation on life will have to change! No upstairs/ downstairs, just the guestrooms up there.

Having gone from a Quad (split level, 4 floors offset 1/2 flight of stairs to each level) to a Ranch all on one story, I think you will love having fewer stairs.

grandma_x2
01-23-2004, 07:14 AM
i had to jump in i was reading about chicken lady and had to say i was once a chicken plucker at a slater house . i packed nightcralers and other things at a bate shop. we will pray that they find nothing and take ever day as it comes. bed time see you later cheryl

Kabuli1
01-23-2004, 07:24 AM
Thanks, Cap for the reassurance! I think I'm going to love living pretty much on one level!

Ok, friends, I did a little bit of research and read the first 15 pages of the thread. Here's the history of our little group:

4/02: the thread was started by Tiiiigergirl
First page posters: shingle, Annie, Kim, and JonHM8 (is he still with us?
Page 2: Gary and Gail, and Gina Ann joined in; Tiiiigergirl made a statement about how 15 DISers on the cruise was much easier to handle than 100! LOL fooled you!
Page 3: GrandmaX2.
Page 5: (finally) ME!!!! On 7/13 I asked advice on whether I wanted to join this group and was warmly welcomed; also on this page: Scott5150 and dpuck1998 (another one I'm not sure of)
Page 7: MR Johnny-come-lately on 8/13 - DHeller showed up!
Page 8: we lost Tiiiigergirl to another cruise date
Page 12: Chickenlady Janice joined us
Page 13: Mardal
Page 14: I announced our move
Page 15: princessdaisy is onboard.

That's all the history you get, boys and girls! I think it would be interesting to hear what page/date each of you joined the thread.

I am struck by the fact that I have been whining about my move for SOOOOOO many pages! My apologies to all!

Karyn

Butterfly2
01-23-2004, 07:36 AM
:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: :smooth: pirate: :jester:
You are all invited to a virtual birthday party on Dean, all day!
As Jack Benny, he is 39 and will forever be. Come make merry and bring happy wishes.

Happy Birthday Luv,
Cheri

Kabuli1
01-23-2004, 07:40 AM
:jumping1: :jumping1:

Happy Birthday Dean!!!

:jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2:

:love1: From all of us ::yes:: ::yes::

Even me!:crazy:

Karyn

Kabuli1
01-23-2004, 07:46 AM
(With apologies to Johnny)

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Birthdays? I love birthdays!
Drinks all around!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
:jumping2: :cool1: :jumping2:

OKWMEMBER
01-23-2004, 07:52 AM
I would just like to say, as co-chair of this fine group, in observance of this momentous ocassion,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAN, YOU GUY YOU!!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :earseek: ::yes:: :jumping1: :jumping2: :jumping3: :jumping4:

:cool1: :cool1:

I must say, of all the guys I know, you are definately one of them!

And remember, no mattter where you go, there you are.

And lastly, everyone has to believe in something, and I believe I'll raise a drink to you on your birthday!!!

Cheers, Dean!!!! :goodvibes

The4OfUs
01-23-2004, 07:57 AM

Annette,
Are you my long lost twin? I get obsessed with cleaning up to. To the point where I take on projects like cleaning out closets and things! That is insane! What does a cleaned out closet have to do with getting ready for a trip. Just makes me feel better that's all. I hate to admit it, but my family is always waiting in the car while I do "one last thing" before we go. I think I need a 12-step program. :crazy:

That's me too. A friend once said she does it so that if they ever die on the trip, no one will go into her house and think they were pigs!! LOL! I told her she was weird, but now I think about it alot....

*sigh* Lousy night, lousy morning. Tyler is home with a sudden, very high fever. Don't know WHERE this came from. Totally fine one minute, this morning I went to kiss him goodbye before work and he was a furnace. He's home from school, and I'm at work, and I hate that. :( I love my job, but sometimes it just SUCKS.

OKWMEMBER
01-23-2004, 07:59 AM
To those of you who are starting your vacation this week-end,:p *Gary gives you the raspberries*!!! I'm just jealous!!!::yes::

Seriously, have a safe trip, don't wear yourselves out before you get to party with the rest of us, and, best of all.....

WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE MAGIC!!!

Man, I love saying that!

Have a great time!!!

The4OfUs
01-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Nikki - You just crack me up. No more coffee or drinks by the computer. You make everyone spew them on their keyboards!

I love the weather stuff too. We are one of those strange families that watch The Weather Channel together. The boys and I went on a tour of the local National Weather Station this past year. It was great.

You are now my book mentor. I am not worthy. It's time I started expanding my horizons and you have some great ideas.

I thought the boys would be able to see each other in the lab, but not at organized activities??? There's always the pool and the arcade, right?

Juli, somehow you never miss anyone in your posts, thats amazing with our group...I know I do and I'm sorry...

When I was growing up, I did nothing but read. Books were my best friend. See, I had a somewhat deformed face until I was 18 yrs old...at that point...get this - SENIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL - I had surgery to correct the issues (major...MAJOR underbite...etc). I was HORRIFYINGLY shy, I spent all my time reading a book or two a day, studying, etc. It's a habit I never broke, probably because by the time I was 18, my ego was pretty much cemented in (and you KNOW how nice kids can be *cough*), so I still feel more comfy with a book than people. I fight it tho...but here's my admission...it's why I like to get to know people online before I do in person. Then I don't feel like they're judging me on my looks, but instead on ME...because no matter how many compliments I get, I am still THAT girl inside.

So I'm so happy and appreciative that my weakness for books is something that you admire. Thank you. :)

Happy birthday Dean - got alot to do today, so not sure how much I'll be around...I'll check in when I can!!

dheller97
01-23-2004, 08:14 AM
EHHH?

Thank you everyone. I didn't think Cheri would tell everybody and let me suffer through my old age quietly with a glass of warm milk.

OK, now that milk is done, lets PARR - TAY!! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/party/party-smiley-048.gif

Only EIGHT more days!

Dean

Juli
01-23-2004, 08:27 AM
:jumping1:

A toast to the co-chair with the most!

Juli

Chickenlady
01-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Dean, Happy Birthday!!!

To all the rest who have wished me luck and given their support "THANKS"!!!!!!

I'm doing better today. I've been making painted tee shirts for my little group and last night I finished off the backs of the adult's shirts with little lime green froofroo drinks. I also added "chickenlady" to mine so everyone will know who to come to for a silly straw.

I've got a busy weekend planned....have to pack. We're not flying out until Friday but since I don't know how I'll feel after the surgery on Monday, figured I'd better have everything done early.
I'll prob. not be around much this weekend and prob. won't be back on-line until Tues....after surgery.

Thanks again for the support and encouragment......although I'm not sure my Dr. would approve of using froofroo drinks as a mood lifter.....what the heck! Can't wait to meet everyone in person.

The4OfUs
01-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Juli, I forgot to respond about the boys...yeah, Tyler is excited to hang out with them "outside" the clubs when they can. :) He wrote back last night.

Juli
01-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Hey Nikki - I'm sorry Tyler is sick. Lots of water, chicken soup, rest, echinichea (I swear by this, but others say it doesn't work). My kids would say, cool, games and TV all day!

I'm glad you think I am organized, but I'll admit something to you, I take notes while I'm reading the posts. Gave up trying to remember everything as I ran through 30 at a time. See, today I didn't and I can't remember anything.

And are you kidding that you are shy or unsure of yourself?! I am already intimidated by your smarts and indepth knowledge of so many things. You also are so sincere and genuinely warm. I'm glad I got to know you on line first too so you know that I like you for you. Oh, so much gushing in the morning.

Karyn - I was reading so fast. Thought you were leaving today! Now I can answer your question about the reading room/library. It is on Deck 2 next to the mid-ship elevators. I only went down there once. Didn't see any books I wanted; there were only a few. There were a handful of games and things there. Unless something has changed, don't expect anything lavish. Quiet and empty is all I remember.

Off to your Homeschool Collective today. It's a big group of homeschoolers that hire teachers for enrichment classes once/week. This is opposed to a Co-op which I would have to work at. That wouldn't work for us since we are gone so much. John is taking carpentry and art, Peter is taking carpentry and acting. I am taking coffee and yakking with other Moms.

Then it's haircuts and packing this afternoon.

On your mark, get set, go!

Juli

The4OfUs
01-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Hey Nikki - I'm sorry Tyler is sick. Lots of water, chicken soup, rest, echinichea (I swear by this, but others say it doesn't work). My kids would say, cool, games and TV all day!

I'm glad you think I am organized, but I'll admit something to you, I take notes while I'm reading the posts. Gave up trying to remember everything as I ran through 30 at a time. See, today I didn't and I can't remember anything.

And are you kidding that you are shy or unsure of yourself?! I am already intimidated by your smarts and indepth knowledge of so many things. You also are so sincere and genuinely warm. I'm glad I got to know you on line first too so you know that I like you for you. Oh, so much gushing in the morning.

*blush*

You're TOO sweet...I'm nothing to be intimidated by, honestly - I think that my experiences growing up as what other kids called "a martian" just make me see past alot of stuff and find the person inside...and I do fight my tendency to be quiet - that's not the real me, I love to talk to people and make people smile, but the shyness is a habit that I simply have to break. DH as well - he's finally coming out of his shell with his new job, and it's wonderful to see, and I'm hoping that he'll do more on the cruise, mingle with others and so on.

You take NOTES! LOL! I love it!! Good idea actually! I tend to respond when I see somehting, then I have one post after another!!

As for impressive, everyone here has stories that make me go "WOW". You, for example, home schooling, I'd go out of my MIND and fail miserably, I still can't figure out the new fangled math! *grin* The energy everyone shows is inspiring, now keep it up for the party times at the cruise! *wink*

Going to buy echinachea today, or maybe some of that "Zicor" or whatever it's called? Tyler's fever is down to 99.8, so hopefully this is just a fluke!

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Dean - Happy birthday to you - Happy birthday to you - *throws confetti* Happy birthday dear Dean - Happy birthday to you !!! :love2: :hug:

I am tone deaf, unfortunately, so you should be very happy this is a typed, rather then a sung message.

So is the cruise a birthday present? How generous of you Cheri!

Good morning all. Another nippy weekend coming up. Calling all my tenants to get the heat cranked up in the stores and keep the water running. Don't want another visit from the police and :firefight . And we're supposed to get snow, ice and, everybody's favorite, freezing rain, on Sunday night and Monday morning. More snow predicted for Tuesday.

I used to be an avid reader too. When I was little, I used to walk 2 miles (uphill both ways) to the library and get books for my mother. (She had bone cancer, remember?) I would get the biggest, fattest books I could find and as many as I could carry. I would get home and she'd say, "Read that one, read that one, read that one...." and there might be one she hadn't read.

Now that I'm a single mom working full time and a second job (to pay for the trip), as well as taking care of my grandmother, there's never time to read anything but the morning paper. And Dean that's quite a paper route you have! Vacations are my only "get lost in a good book" times.

dheller97
01-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Good morning and thank you for the wishes, Janice, Barbara and everyone. Cheri made me a wonderful Dr. Seuss breakfast this morning. The good doctor couldn't come but we got the green eggs http://techhelpers.net/e4u/drink/trink04.gif
Actually, Cheri's birthday is on sail-away day so the cruise is her b'day present. So, how generous of ME, eh?

dizmomof2 and dizdadof2 - can we add your names to our list? Let me know and any other details you want to share.

Dean

Butterfly2
01-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Okay Dean, you paid me back for telling it is your birthday. Now everyone knows that I am not the worlds best cook, and probably very close to being the world's worst cook. I still think that the eggs were bad, not my cooking.:) I will try for a better lunch and dinner.
You have now scared everyone away and they won't come to our party.:(
And yes, you are generous and we love you for it.
Cheri:earsboy:

dizdadof2
01-23-2004, 09:32 AM
How do you keep up with all these threads? I am still trying to learn the lingo. As for adding Jen (dizmomof2) and I to the list I will leave that to her I don't know what the "list" is.
Nice to see there are so many well-listened audio book out there. Makes the comutes go faster.
We are also weather channel watcher, -15 C here with a wind chill of -23 C and snowing. The beach sounds good right now.

kmc33
01-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Happy, Happy Birthday, Dean!!!

My DH's birthday is tomorrow and DSis is on sail-away day, like Cheri! I know there were other's mentioned too -- like Tyler's I think. Lots of January birthdays.

I have been having trouble keeping up with the posts. It's been a hectic week with DH on travel. Just found out he is going to be gone a few nights next week too :rolleyes: It's feast or famine. I can't complain too much, I read what Karyn is accomplishing and I don't know if I could handle it. Go figure, I have enough trouble handling a week!

I hope Tyler feels better soon. Better this week than next. I am a worrier and I have a bad habit of worrying about things that haven't or may not even happen. So, my worry about the trip is DS getting sick the day we are leaving for the airport! I know it's silly because there is nothing I can do about it even if it were to happen. I hope Tyler is good as new for next week!

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Cheri - you're a bad cook? I didn't hear Dean say that - you squealed on yourself. I thought Dean's "green eggs and ham" was just another funny Dean-ism. I'm sure he thought it was special that you made him breakfast on his birthday, no matter what it was like.

Will you eat them on a boat? With a goat? I will not eat green eggs and ham. I will not, will not, Sam I am.

dheller97
01-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Once they see my Pooh sized tummy, they will know that I haven't pushed away too many of your meals.

dizdadof2-we have posted a list of all of the DISer's and their families that are going on this cruise together. We are planning to get together to meet each other at a couple of times during the week. The first get together will be just before the safety drill, around 3-3:30 PM outside Studio Sea on deck 4. If our co-chair is successful in pleading our wishes to the DCL photgrapher, we'll get a photo of the group. Then, for those who care to, we're planning on a nite-cap around 10 PM at the Prominade Lounge on deck 3. The list has come in handy for parents trying to find some kids around the same age as their kids so they can meet before we actually board. Hope this clears it up somewhat.

Dean

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Hey Gary - quoting Buckaroo Bonzai?

"No matter where you go, there you are."

With that and the "Cool Beans" :cool1:, I might have to make you an honorary family member!

Cap - thanks for the toque links. It's about time we cleared that up. Though I didn't think anyone will need ear flaps on the ship.

dheller97
01-23-2004, 09:58 AM
DRUM ROLL, PLEASE! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/music/musik35.gif

The winner of the award for posting the 2,200th post on this thread goes to.....................

KIM

OKWMEMBER
01-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Kim, you had post 2200!!! Way to go!!!

Keep postin', keep postin', keep postin'....

Though I didn't think anyone will need ear flaps on the ship.

Is that so? HMMMMMMMM..........;)

The4OfUs
01-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by kmc33
I know it's silly because there is nothing I can do about it even if it were to happen. I hope Tyler is good as new for next week!

Thanks, his fever is down to 99.8 and he seems ok. The first thing we both said : "He wont' be able to get on board if he has a fever, we better not catch it now!" :(

Yeah, Tyler turns 10 on the 28th, and we're celebrating on the first night out. And my birthday is our last day, Feb. 6th.

a birthday-filled cruise. :)

OKWMEMBER
01-23-2004, 10:11 AM
My DW (We have a strange and wonderful relationship. I'm strange and she's wonderful!) has a family packing tip.

And I quote:

Don't pack all the clothes and stuff for one person in one suitcase. Spread it out. That way if a bag gets lost, all the stuff for one person won't be lost.

Words to live by, I say.

HADD!!!:wave:

kmc33
01-23-2004, 10:14 AM
WOWSY WOW!! I can't believe I hit 2100 and 2200 and honest to goodness, I had NO idea on either one. I have been so swamped this week that I just jumped in when I could.

Off to a meeting now...

:o

Butterfly2
01-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Yes, I did tell on myself:( Dean is the breakfast cook at our house. :Pinkbounc He does a great job, but it was his birthday so thought it really was my job today.:confused: Everything turned out good except those darned green eggs. You know when you try too hard, it just doesn't work.:mad: But I have a good dinner planned so hopefully it will make up for the bad breakfast.:hyper:
Cheri

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Now I can answer your question about the reading room/library. It is on Deck 2 next to the mid-ship elevators. I only went down there once. Didn't see any books I wanted; there were only a few. There were a handful of games and things there. Unless something has changed, don't expect anything lavish. Quiet and empty is all I remember.
You know, the rumor around Common Grounds (back in the day when there WAS a common grounds!!) was that the library - reading area was supposed to be some big make-out spot... probably because hardly anyone knows about it and that it IS so quiet and undisturbed... I think i saw it once... maybe i'm imagining things...

~*:jumping3:~*~*~:jumping3:~*~*~:jumping3:*~
:rotfl:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAN!!!:rotfl:
~*:jumping3:~*~*~:jumping3:~*~*~:jumping3:*~
:wizard: Have A Magical Day, Everyone!! princess:

shingle
01-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Dean :bounce: :bounce: PENBLWYDD HAPUS :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc we have no doubt our joint leader will have no problem working out what those two words mean.

OKWMEMBER
01-23-2004, 12:27 PM
OOH, OOH, I got it!!! It's Happy Birthday in Welsh!!!

Google IS a wonderful thing!:teeth:

In other words, I cheated!!!:guilty: :blush:

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 12:32 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I got it Shingle! It's Happy Birthday to Dean! How do you pronounce it? We'll need to say it to all the Birthday-cruisers.

Jilly - I guess we parents will be checking in the library for errant smoochers pretty regularly now. puckerup:

Kim - let's push that worry time into 30 minutes a day. You can do it, you can do it.

And for all you pre-vacation cleaners...do you travel? If Dean can deliver papers all over the planet, I want a visit from the clean house fairy. :wizard:

Karyn - a Palo's brunch would be Cool Beans, but we can't take all the rugrats to that. I went to an Open House last night and had too many wines, so I don't even want to think about a wine-tasting today.

Janice - have you in my prayers every day. :goodvibes Though I imagine you as a giant chicken with one of these little yellow happy faces on top. :eek: :duck:

dheller97
01-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Thank you, shingle, I think. ((What did she say, Gary?))

At least I hope you are not telling me to be quiet, I've given you a headache and sore eyes. http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fam/fam12.gif

Dean

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Dean - that was cute. The best "see no..." description I've seen.

Cheri - what's for birthday dinner? Or is it a surprise? My oldest son's birthday is this Sunday. He'll be 31. He was born in Butler, PA, grandma Cheryl's neck of the woods. Of course, I was a child bride :bride: since I'm 39 like Dean. I have a 31 year old, a 16 year old and a 13 year old. :crowded: How's that for poor family planning. I've been packing school lunches for decades. It feels like I had my own grandchildren. And no, the oldest didn't want anything to do with taking care of the younger ones. :(

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by edmartin
I mentioned this in another posting I made about our 1/11-15 Wonder cruise, but...

A little known fact is that the bar at Palo is "public" - meaning that you don't have to have dinner reservations at Palo in order to go visit the bar.

The view at the bar is as spectacular as the rest of Palo. It's small & quaint - and because few people know that anyone can go there, it's not very busy. It is open only during the regular Palo hours (e.g. it's not open until dinner time - around 6, I believe)

The bartender at the Palo bar on the Wonder is Andrey from Russia. He's a great guy to talk with and mixes the best drinks on the ship! In fact, my wife & I exchanged e-mail adresses wiith Andrey & we've stayed in touch since we got back home (the CM's have computers & internet conenctions available). But one of the things he's mentioned - when we were there & since we got back - is that his bar tends to be very slow because people don't realize that they can come.

So, if you're dining at Palo, I HIGHLY recomend that you get there early & enjoy a drink or 2 at the bar. Or, if you're not dining at Palo but still want to experience the place - and a great bar with a great bar tender - you really should make it a point to go check it out.

From my daily perusing - How's this for a get-together spot? Wouldn't they just die if 50 people in lime green show up at the Palo's bar! :faint:

Butterfly2
01-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Dinner is Ham, Cheese potatoes and salad, Chocolate Cake for dessert.
Our planning was no better than yours, we have 36 year old, 32, 22, and 18. I found out I was pregnant with the last one about the time the oldest was graduating. It will be hard next year after 36 years of having children in the house to send Matt off to college. Everyone says we will adjust quickly, and probably will, but I will miss him.
:( :confused: :mad: :o

dizdadof2
01-23-2004, 01:30 PM
I take it that the CM means cast members.
the CM's have computers & internet conenctions available.

Does that mean that Internet connections are available on board the ship?

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 01:31 PM
So Cheri, hmmm...you were 3 when you had the first one? :confused: If you took out your 32 year old (no offense to him or her), we'd have exactly the same age differences with our children.

Yum, dinner sounds good. Is Dean's birthday dinner our thread's Friday night party or are we still going to Randy's hospital room for the bed pan conga line?

dheller97
01-23-2004, 01:34 PM
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest29.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest02.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest06.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest30.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest31.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest39.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest43.gif
Cut the cake extra thin for all these people so there is some left for me, okay?

Oh, great, there's goes tonites big surprise for dinner. Remember, supper is ready when the smoke alarm goes off.

dizdadof2-Internet access is 75 cents a minute or $89.99 for unlimited access for the 7 days. Five minutes free first and last nites.

The4OfUs
01-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by dizdadof2
I take it that the CM means cast members.
the CM's have computers & internet conenctions available.

Does that mean that Internet connections are available on board the ship?

There's an internet cafe of sorts, where you can get internet access...it's some outrageous price per minute, I THINK that one of the days you get 5 free mins?...and it's 90 dollars for unlimited.

We weren't going to use it, but I think we are now...my job as website manager requires me to stay in touch and they will pay for it if I check my email 1x a day....

I don't know if that's good or not...

:rolleyes:

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Yes, dizdad, there's internet access. I believe unlimited access is for the trip is about $90. My reading says that there's not a ton of computers available though, something like 16, so access to them could be tough. I think there's also a time limit on usage and there's no cd drive. I don't know about access with your own laptop.

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Butterfly2
It will be hard next year after 36 years of having children in the house to send Matt off to college. Everyone says we will adjust quickly, and probably will, but I will miss him.

My DM's in the same kind of ordeal right now- except, only 22 years of children, not 36!! My oldest brother (Derek) went to college when i was in 8th grade- i went college visiting with him, so i've been anxiously waiting for college for over 5 years now! I think I matured with the older siblings, and being the youngest, i'm kind of afraid of "Youngin's"... Poor Mommy, she's moving all the way to the opposite side of the country, and right after this cruise she has to give her baby up! :(

Send my greetings to King Matt- I can't wait to meet him! :wave2:

Signed,
Princess Jilly-Bean
princess:

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Yes, dizdad, there's internet access. I believe unlimited access is for the trip is about $90. My reading says that there's not a ton of computers available though, something like 16, so access to them could be tough. I think there's also a time limit on usage and there's no cd drive. I don't know about access with your own laptop.

There really aren't that many computers available... Sometimes no one will be there, other times there will be a giant line. Normally i would say that there's around 2-5 people in the internet cafe (inside of the Promenade Lounge) at a time. I would know, i spent HOURS and HOURS in the internet cafe last time (Looking back i realize... wow, i was on a CRUISE... WHY was i on the internet so much?!?!) the $90 is supposed to be PER PERSON, not per cabin. You're really not supposed to share, but they'll never know the difference. Just be sure to let everyone know the password so they can get in!! It's nice that it's beside the promenade lounge, you get live music performances in the evening while you check your mail! (just watch, this time i'll spend TWICE as much time in there!! go figure!)

photonut
01-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Dean -- Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday Mr. President! Happy Birthday to you!
(sung in my best Marilyn Monroe impression)

Juli -- I may love to clean before a vacation however I don't like to clean much any other time....right now the childrens playroom is such a disaster with all of the added Christmas toys that I dread getting started in it! However I will find the time to get it done...maybe I will start it right now!!

Renae --I have been a Creative Memories Consultant for 3 years now and am an avid scrapbooker! I would bring something along on the cruise however it is too hard to pack so I will be busy taking photos instead!!!

Princess Aurora in Blue -- Now that I have heard that the official make out room is the library I may have to bring along a red tie for the door handle... If you see the red tie DO NOT ENTER!!! (hee!!)
Of course you are all welcome to borrow it!!!

kmc33
01-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I just went back, I don't know how many pages trying to find out which tour someone said had already booked up. Barbara, it was you about the Rum Point/ Stingray City tour. My apologies if someone already mentioned this, but if you do a stingray tour, you can have the van/bus drop you off at Seven Mile Beach afterward. It's on the way back to the ship. Then just get a cab (about $3 pp) from the beach back to the tender dock. We did this once and it worked out very well. I noticed on either Native Way or Captain Marvins that it even mentioned that they will drop you off if requested. The time we did it, we were with a ship's tour.

I couldn't remember which tour was booked, but my DBIL was mentioning that they are going to book the Stingray City and I wanted to make sure it wasn't that one. I thought it was a combination tour.

Well, while I was looking I was reading some of the posts that I had missed or skimmed the first time around. What a group!!!! So supportive and so many posts that made me laugh!!! I can't wait to meet you all in person!!!!
:wave2: :wave: :wave2: :wave:

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-23-2004, 02:18 PM
THANKFULLY i don't have to worry about any red ties!! I have my OWN room!! I just hope i don't see any red tags on my parents' door *shudder*:earseek:

Butterfly2
01-23-2004, 02:22 PM
I'll bring the cake and we'll party with Randy:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Cheri

kmc33
01-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Jill!! That is too funny :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My parents divorced when I was 7, so I never thought about such things! My DS is 4, so that gives me a perspective to keep in mind when he gets older! :eek:

dheller97
01-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by PrincessAuroraInBlue
THANKFULLY i don't have to worry about any red ties!! I have my OWN room!! I just hope i don't see any red tags on my parents' door *shudder*:earseek:
CHERI, keep an eye on YOUR son!! I don't want to see any red ties on HER door either.

The4OfUs
01-23-2004, 02:56 PM
The latest "long range" forecast discussion, which goes out to Friday, 7am...

THE MODELS SUPPORT AND FORECASTER CONFIDENCE IS HIGH WITH RESPECT TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF A MAJOR ARCTIC OUTBREAK AND THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM SYSTEMS NEXT WEEK AS NRN (northern) STREAM FLOW BECOMES DOMINANT OVER MUCH OF THE LOWER 48...CUTTING UNDERNEATH HIGHER LATITUDE BLOCKED FLOW. THE BRUNT OF THE ARCTIC AIR AND WINTER WEATHER POTENTIAL SHOULD FOCUS ACROSS THE NWRN (northwestern) US AND MUCH OF THE CENTRAL AND ERN (eastern) US. EXPECT THE MODELS AND FORECASTERS WILL HAVE DAY TO DAY CONTINUITY PROBLEMS WITH RESPECT TO PREFERENCE OF THE TIMING AND DIGGING OF EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ALOFT AND ALSO HAVE SIGNIFICANT PROBLEMS DETERMINING THE POSITION/TRACK OF ARCTIC FRONTS AND THE ORGANIZATION OF IMPORTANT WINTER WEATHER FOCUSING/ENHANCING FRONTAL LOWS IN THIS PATTERN.

Those of us coming in early, looks like a good idea. Those of us not, keep an eye on things, or tell me where you are and I'll try to in the midst of packing this weekend.

Snow, snow go away, come again another day....

dizdadof2
01-23-2004, 03:15 PM
I have no worries about ties unless I have to wear them, just one more thing to look forward to.

Thank you for the Internet information - Might be useful. I don't think I'll tell the boss quite yet, but like most of you I am feeling the last minute pinch for time (reading the board is eating into that but very informative)

::MickeyMo From my 6 year old son (DS?) "This is a good group"
I have read him some of the posts (no tie posts)

:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: princess:

Going early and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL??) for the full vaction feel.
:earseek:

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Nikki - thanks for the weather update. :scared: I think most of us will be coming down at least a day in advance. *applause for all the good planners*

Since we have most of the stateroom numbers for the group, there could be the 'Phantom of the Magic' putting red ties :love1: on ALL the door knobs. *Finds half mask and throws in suticase* Then, not only will we have a reputation for having no fashion sense (speedos, toques and lime green?) :smooth:, drinking disabilities (dirty hemi drivers and froofroo straws in beer bottles?) but we will look like, dare I say?.....*drum roll*...like we are all taking advantage of the benefits of the romance package :blush: (that's a nice way to say if the stateroom is rockin', don't come a knockin').

The aghast expressions and shudders of our children would be worth it! :scared1: Sorry Jilly Bean.

dheller97
01-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Nikki -

Since we have most of the stateroom numbers for the group, there could be the 'Phantom of the Magic' putting red ties :love1: on ALL the door knobs.

No one in our group would do that, Barbara.http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/angels/teu26.gif

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Dean - where do you get your smilies? They're all so clever.

dheller97
01-23-2004, 03:41 PM
http://www.emoticons4u.com is where the majority of them are coming from. Sometimes I get a little fast with the clicker without thinking and someone gets offended by them. So just be careful because some of them are definitely questionable.

dizdadof2
01-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Reading back through the posts I noticed the call for bubbles for the launch. Must we bring them or will there be bubbles on board?

We will also stock up on the glow sticks and necklesses.

Any other little tricks to keep in mind??:confused:

Mike
Is there any other 6 or 7 year old boys in the group ? All the other kids in the family are girls :grouphug:

KofPShannon
01-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Dean - thanks for sharing. You're the best - no matter what Gary says about you. Of course, I went right to the obscene ones. They were pretty tame, actually. Mostly smilies spewing.

http://techhelpers.net/e4u/drink/trink13.gif *happy hour started - wait where's my froofroo straw?*

dizdad - I believe you have to bring your own. After a quick run through of Dean's list:
Ms. Chickenlady has a six year son I believe. And Dean has a Gina Marie listed with a DS (6). I haven't seen her check in for a while - unless she's being silent.

dheller97
01-23-2004, 04:00 PM
dizdadof2-Barbara is usually right, however this time she is partially WRONG!! Gary doesn't say bad things about me, right Gary? Gary? GAAAAARRRRRYYYYY?

Anyway, Ms. Chickenlady does list a DS of 6 as does GinaAnn. Juli has two DS's age 8 listed and photonut has one DS at 5 on our list. Might check with them.

jedokids
01-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Well I already asked this, but I'm not sure if everyone skipped over it lol or just if no one knew the answer.

What movies are going to be playing on the ship when we go?

And about the libary thing I was told on our last cruise that there are cameras everywhere, so don't do anything outside of your stateroom that you don't want others to see.

Bobby

Kabuli1
01-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Wow, another day for folks hanging out and talking silly stuff!

I can't believe the things my daughter has been saying! :earseek:

I thought that Cheri had been clever and added green egg coloring to your eggs this morning, Dean, to actually be Suessian - no one needed to know the rest.

Nikki, could you translate that weather report into English. I may be good at Greek and ancient documents - but that was some jargon! Does it say "Tut, tut, it looks like snow?" Can I get out on Wednesday? It's snowing here - little icy pellets almost like sleet. Nasty stuff and the roads are very slippery. How am I going to drive across the country in February????

Miss Jilly Bean, I don't need any red ties, YOU won't have a key to my room!!!! And for your ease of mind, Dean and Cheri, Jill already knows the "No young men in the room" rule! (Unless they are under the age of 10). oh, BTW, remind me to bring bubbles!

Chickenlady I want one of those straws!

Barbara, I love the Phantom of the Magic idea! I can't wait to see if the Phantom strikes!

The thread today has been so funny! I don't remember what else I wanted to respond to!

Did I mention I'm pretty much done packing for the cruise? SO proud of myself!

Karyn

dheller97
01-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by jedokids
And about the libary thing I was told on our last cruise that there are cameras everywhere, so don't do anything outside of your stateroom that you don't want others to see.

Bobby

Bobby, you rock, dude http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/049.gif I'm gonna recommend you be in charge of group security. Nobody else even thought about those cameras. Good job!

dizdadof2
01-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Thank you for all the help with boys in the right age group, Max is ready to leave now. How do I add our information to the group list?

I am going to be walking down the corridors looking for red ties now.

dheller97
01-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Mike-If you would like you and your family's information added to our list, just get it to me. You can PM me, email me, or post the specifics here. Which ever way you prefer and I'll get the list updated. I plan on posting the FINAL list next week so we can all concentrate on getting to Florida and join Renae for a froofroo, or hemi-pile driver, or umbrella drink, or tap draught. Let's see if she is listening - she said she was buying a welcome to Florida drink for everyone as part of the big pre-cruise party.

Butterfly2
01-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Karen,
I know I gave myself away and it is so me. I always tell more than I should.:(
I am getting so scrambled brained, it is good that I did most of our packing last week, because I am walking around in circles trying to think about what I need to do next.
I think most everything is taken care of, but you know that feeling of "I forgot something", well that is how I am feeling.
:crazy: Cheri

dizdadof2
01-23-2004, 04:57 PM
dheller97 - I pm you the information, thanks

Ready to leave the snow - off to shovel the driveway.

photonut
01-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Dizdadof2
I have a son Blake who is 5 however he does turn 6 in March.
My daughter is 7 however she also has her 8th birthday in March. (2 days apart)
I am still debating about where to put my daughter in the kids programs.
The one program is for ages 5 -7 and the next is 8 -12.
She is a bright girl and is turning 8 next month and I am considering moving her to the 8 - 12 group. (I read in our cruise docs that I could mover her only if her birthday is within a month of the current cruise date)
However if I leave her in with the 5-7 group then she can be with her brother.
(they actually do like each other....honest!)
BUT, I am worried she will be bored with 5-7 group.

Any opinions on this? Should I wait until cruise time and if the 5-7 is too young paced for her then ask about switching her?

Bobby ---Okay am I the only one that finds the cameras in the library even more intriguing???? :teeth:

photonut
01-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Dean --- I have been meaning to ask what the fancy magnets are for??
I have tried to go back and catch up on old posts however you all have been doing a lot of chatting and there is too much to read!!!
And how did the toque thing start? Oh ya....and did I mention that I got you a toque for your birthday? I had telepathy so I bought it a day early!!!

Is there anything special that you would like my family to do or bring in honor of our DIS group??

jedokids
01-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Dean-- HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

(Sorry-- don't know how to do any fancy dancing smilies!)

To Cheri-- my husband says the same about my cooking-- dinner is done when the smoke alarm goes off!! I always tell him that he didn't marry me for my cooking! There is a sign in my kitchen that says "I kiss better than I cook!" My favorite thing to make for dinner is Reservations!!!

To the people that clean their homes before they leave-- I think it something our mothers insitilled in us-- that we have to clean before we can go out and play!

See ya real soon!!!
Dorie