PDA

View Full Version : When do you exercise?

disneychrista
03-25-2003, 12:25 PM
At what time of the day do you exercise?

Me it has been in the evening, trying to change it to AM.

becka
03-25-2003, 12:35 PM
I used to exercise right when I got home from work around 4:30 - 5:00 but now that I have DS the only time I have is after he goes to bed. I have the time usually between 7-8.

I have to be at work by 6:30 and I am NOT getting up any earlier than I already have to for exercise. :)

pixiedust218
03-25-2003, 01:13 PM
I get home from work around 3:30, start dinner and then exercise, which is usually between 4 and 5. There are some days that it is later; and on weekends earlier. But I figure as long as I get my exercise in, it doesn't matter what time of day:)

tiggerlover
03-25-2003, 01:15 PM
I normally work out around 10:30 a.m., but there are some days that I can't so I do it in the later afternoon between 3-5 p.m. For the most part it is mornings, so that is what I voted for.

Cthia
03-25-2003, 02:17 PM
The only time I really have time to go excercise is between 6-9 p.m. By the time I get home from work it is 5:30 then I drive to Curves for 6 p.m. I couldn't squeeze at A.M. session, DD has to be in school by 8:00. (Elementary school starts earlier than when I was younger so there is no sleeping in). I am sure if I was more motivated in the morning I probably could squeeze a session in but I already get up at 6:30 a.m. can't get up earlier.

Harley Chick
03-25-2003, 03:05 PM
I get up at 4:00am to be ready to exercise by 4:30am (5 days a week) for 45 minutes, then I know I'm done for the day. If I'm energetic when I get home from work, I try to fit in another 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I STILL haven't been able to lose those last 10 pounds.:mad:

believe
03-25-2003, 03:10 PM
My exercise varies. I do some abs and walk flights of stairs in the morning during the week. I also work out during lunch during the week, 3 times a week. On the weekends I walk when I am able to fit it in for an hour. Today I did the treadmill before getting ready for work. Any time I see an opportunity to exercise...I am there.

CrzyforPiglet
03-25-2003, 04:02 PM
My DH started complaining about how late we were eating dinner b/c I exercised so much when I got home from work. Now I split my workouts and do part in the morning and part in the evening. So I usually workout from 6:30-7:00 in the morning and 5:30-6:15 in the evening. It's working out pretty well so far and I definitely have more energy since changing my eating habits!

perfectmatch300
03-25-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm frequently a late night exerciser. I wish I could get motivated to get up in the AM, but knowing me that's not too likely. I get home from work most days about 5:30, cook & eat dinner with DH, clean up, go on the DIS for a while or spend some time with DH, and by then it's usually after 9.
I guess, though, that the real answer should have been that I squeeze exercise in whenever I have the chance. I do find that I go to bed relaxed and tired by exercising late in the day, and I seem to sleep better.

bunnyfoo
03-25-2003, 07:20 PM
I'd like to work out in the morning or early afternoon (sometime between 10AM-2PM) but because of my job, I don't make it to the gym until after 8 PM.

NHMinnie
03-26-2003, 05:29 PM
I walk in the morning and then do my exercise tape around 3 PM.

loisg1
03-26-2003, 07:47 PM
Walk Away the Pounds sometime between 8am and 10am. If it's nice, DDs and I go for a walk after dinner, as well.

Lois

SeaShelley
03-27-2003, 04:21 PM
I go to Curves on my lunch hour. Perfect timing for me.

nativetxn
03-27-2003, 04:56 PM
I have an elliptical that I use at home. I usually use it in the afternoon. I'm not very coordinated in the morning ;)

bicker
03-28-2003, 05:48 AM
I try to do something when I get up each morning, whether that's a vigorous yoga practice, a three-mile walk to the coffee shop (no doughnuts!), or a Firm work-out. When the weather is nice and warm, I'll then try to supplement that (especially on days I can't quite manage to do the morning work) with a noon-time walk or an evening walk. I also rely on scheduled classes, typically one or two days per week, either in body conditioning, or power yoga. Finally, during the summer, I try to bicycle the 20 miles, roundtrip, to and from work every day I can.