PDA

View Full Version : Limeridge Mall lunch meet ~ *UPDATE* Wednesday April 23?

TimNDansMom
03-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Sammi is due back around April 9, I believe. Shall we start talking about possible dates? What do you think?

SandraC
03-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi ~ I wish I could make the lunch, but I'd rather go without ds and I'm always picking up one kid someplace, so I have to stay closer to home. It will be nice when ds starts school, I'll have more freedom! S

Scratch42
03-21-2003, 07:20 PM
If it is I would like to come but if during the week, no can do.

Missed too much work lately taken my mom to the drs.

Maybe some time soon.

Scratch
:smooth:

TimNDansMom
03-21-2003, 07:58 PM
I had thought during the week, like the last one. There will be the Mississauga meet on a weekend coming up too.

disneyvacationmom
03-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Sounds like fun. I work till 1 but could pop in after work any day. Keep me posted.

TimNDansMom
03-22-2003, 11:10 AM
That sounds good Kathy. Maybe we could set up a time for 1:15 or 1:30 and then you could have lunch with us.

disneyvacationmom
03-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Sounds good but if you decide to meet earlier that's ok too. Tea and dessert would be good as well.

kellyla
03-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Count me in!I enjoyed meeting everyone last time.I can come any day during the week.

Snowwark
03-22-2003, 08:56 PM
I would love to join all of you. I can work around whatever is best for the majority.

:)

TimNDansMom
03-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Great! Now we just have to wait for Sammi to get back in a couple of weeks (isn't she lucky!)

TimNDansMom
04-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Bump :)

MaMudduck
04-08-2003, 10:34 PM
if I've got business in Mississauga, Hamilton is not too far.
Wendy

Snowwark
04-09-2003, 02:27 PM
How about sometime during the week, or weekend, after Easter, the 22nd through the 28th?

TimNDansMom
04-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Sammi, are you home yet so we can set up a lunch date? :)

sammi
04-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi all!:wave:

We're baaaack!!!! But very sad to be back that's for sure.:( We just got in last night and I'm just popping by for a split second as I've a ton of things to get caught up on. We had the greatest time but very sad to come back (especially to all this snow!!!) lol.I guess I'm starting to get the "I wish I was back in Florida blues????"

I would love to get together for lunch at Limeridge Mall and when a date is chosen I'll be able to give a definite answer.......but would love to see all of you again!:)

:D

TimNDansMom
04-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Welcome back Sammi! :wave: I wondered what you would think to all this snow. Quite shocking isn't it, at this time of year.

How about a week-day lunch meet again? Kim has suggested the week of the 22nd. I can come any day except the 24th.

kellyla
04-11-2003, 06:10 PM
Welcome back,sammi!I am good to go anytime youguys want(I dont have much of a life,hehehe);)

sammi
04-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks Julie and Kelly!:D Also a "belated" welcome home to you too Julie!;)

Although there isn't any time difference from Florida to here I am sooooo tired and just want to sleep for a week but too much to do to get back in the swing of things.Tomorrow........laundry.....ughhhhhh.:mad:

Kelly, I know what you mean by no life!!!!;) Looking forward to seeing you all.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Snowwark
04-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Welcome back , sammi!! :)

I'm glad you had a great time. Coming home can be a real drag....especially to the snow...BUT...I prefer to think that YOU brought back the mild weather we're enjoying today. :)

disneyvacationmom
04-14-2003, 05:45 PM
The week of the 22nd sounds good to me. Let me know when you have a specific date. Kathy

TimNDansMom
04-14-2003, 06:00 PM
I'm just waiting to see what the forecast is for next week. It would be nice to drive over to Hamilton on a nice day. So far it looks like rain from Wednesday to next Monday (the 21st). :(

MaMudduck
04-15-2003, 11:09 PM
If you make it on the tuesday the 22nd, I'll be able to make it.
It's a bit of hike from Peterborough, but i have that day clear!

Wendy

MaMudduck
04-17-2003, 08:13 PM
bump:wave: :wave:

TimNDansMom
04-18-2003, 06:34 PM
I don't think I can make it on Tuesday and have an appointment on Thursday and Sammi says she is available on Wednesday or Thursday. Shall we try for Wednesday the 23rd? Could you switch days 'clear', Wendy?

MaMudduck
04-18-2003, 11:57 PM
No Wed. I work in the evening so I don't think I can get back in time from Hamilton. But don't let me hold you guys up if that's the only day that works for you all.

Wendy

DisneyLisa
04-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to leave to pick up my son from University in Waterloo this week and may be heading down to Waterloo on Wednesday (and returning home Sunday). I was thinking maybe I could drive straight to Hamilton & join you guys if that's OK with all of you. Then I could head to Waterloo from there.

I'm still not sure about which day I'm heading down (I'm in Real Estate so it's hard to make plans too far in advance) but my plan is to (hopefully) wrap up a few deals & head down on Wednesday.

I'd love to be able to meet some more Canadian DISers...so far I've met Wenabre (Wendy) from this board (we're actually going to get together again for a few hours tomorrow so our teenage daughters can meet :D ) so if you don't mind me possibly joining at the last minute, I'd really like to try & make it.

Snowwark
04-20-2003, 06:17 AM
It would be great if you could join us, Lisa. :)

I can make it on Wednesday, Julie.

Wendy, I'm sorry that you won't be able to join us. :( I'm sure we can plan another lunch for later in the summer. Hopefully we can get more DISers to attend.

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Wow, you were up early this morning Snowark.

Well it's looking good for me...believe it or not I was runnung an offer til midnight last night (the night before Easter Sunday!!) but I got it all finished up. That was the one I was worried I wouldn't be able to wrap up in time to leave Wednesday, so if all goes as planned, I'll be able to join you.

Be sure to post the details (& I may need some directions...the only time I've been to Hamilton is on my way to Disney....I might forget to stop or get lost & keep driving to WDW ;) .

kellyla
04-20-2003, 11:36 AM
That day is good for me.Just tell me when and where.Cant wait to meet you guys all again.

sammi
04-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones too.:wave: :sunny:

Kim.. will you be making the reservations for us and are we back at Casey's again?:D

See you all Wednesday!:cool:

TimNDansMom
04-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Sorry that you won't be able to join us this time Wendy. :( I missed the last one due to a snow storm, but sounds like everyone had fun meeting for a week-day lunch. We'll have to get another one in the works and hopefully you will be able to come down.

It would be nice to meet you Lisa, glad that you could get your offer finished up. To get to Limeridge Mall take Hwy 401 to Hwy 403 eastbound to Hamilton. The 403 joins the QE for a bit so keep an eye out for the signs to Hamilton, when it becomes just the 403 again. When you get to Hamilton, take the Lincoln Alexander Parkway East exit, then exit at the Upper Wentworth St. ramp. At the top of the ramp turn left onto Upper Wentworth (you will go over the Lincoln Pkwy) and the mall is almost immediately on your right. Hope that all makes sense!

Here is a zoomable map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addtohistory=&country=CA&address=999+Upper+Wentworth&city=Hamilton&state=ON&zipcode=&submit.x=38&submit.y=6

Kim, is Casey's actually IN the mall? (I haven't been yet, but Casey's is ok with me, if it is with everyone else.)

What time does everyone want to meet?

sammi
04-20-2003, 06:17 PM
Hi Julie!:D WOW great directions too!;)

Yes Casey's is in Limeridge Mall......I really don't know what restaurant was decided on but there isn't a whole lot of choices in this mall.

I know we met at 1pm last time but anytime is good for me. See you soon.:wave:

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 06:33 PM
1 pm would be good for me as well...I have a 5 hour drive and I figure if I leave Ottawa at 7 am I should be there at ~ noon "ish"...depending on traffic. If I arrive early I can always do some shopping. Is there a Disney Store in the mall?

sammi
04-20-2003, 06:34 PM
LOL..... Oh yes!!!!!;) :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the directions Julie...I've printed them. If anyone is going to be there with a cell phone, perhaps someone could PM me with their number in case I get lost (I doubt it, but you never know...at least I would have someone to call for directions). Thanks.

TimNDansMom
04-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Lisa, my Dh just told me that a better way would be to take Hwy 401 to Hwy 427 southbound and get on the QEW heading towards Hamilton/Niagara Falls and continue along until you see the cut-off for Hamilton as I said in my first instructions. Apparently, in taking the 403 as I previously stated, you are going in a big arc but either way will get you to the QEW.

1pm is okay with me ~ I'll probably get there earlier to do a bit a shopping, too.

Sammi, is Casey's the best restaurant in the vicinity of the mall?

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Would it be any easier if I took the 407 all the way into Hamilton do you think?

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm looking at my Ontario map & it all seems really confusing. If i take the 401 thru Toronto I go south on the 427 and onto the QEW until it splits to the 403 (to Hamilton) is that right?

TimNDansMom
04-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Lisa, the 407 is a Toll road.

TimNDansMom
04-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Lisa, yes that's right. The 401 will take you across the top of Toronto. It's quite easy to get on the 427 and then QEW. For the exit to Hamilton (and the 403) you just keep to the right.

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 07:24 PM
I know & I sometimes do take it from Pickering to the 401 on my way to Waterloo. I really don't like to take it though because it's sooo boring. But I thought if it was easier I might. I think I know what's what now though. I should be OK.

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Thanks Julie...I think I can picture it now and I should be fine. Now I just have to figure out the best route back to Kitchener :) . On our way back from WDW my friend (who lives in Kitchener) got us totally lost between Hamilton & Kitchener at 2 in the morning and it wasn't fun (so I'm not asking her for directions again ;) .

See you all on Wednesday.

TimNDansMom
04-20-2003, 07:39 PM
If you don't mind paying the Toll, I imagine that you would avoid the Toronto traffic. You could also get off the 407 at Hwy 427 (north of the 401) and continue down to the QEW. Here is a link to the map of the 407:

http://www.407etr.com/html/map.html Just click on "interactive map". It's actually quite good in showing you all the Highways.

TimNDansMom
04-20-2003, 07:47 PM
LOL, well Lisa, the way I know is to take Hwy 6 from the 403 in Hamilton which will take you to the 401 near Guelph and just head west on the 401.

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Thanks again Julie. I may decide to go by the 407 but I usually wait until I see how I feel the traffic is moving when I hit Pickering. If traffic is moving fine, it's actually quicker to stay on the 401 and go straight trough Toronto...I've timed it several times. Now if you hit major traffic it's a different storey...not always longer but definitely more frustrating.

Either route, I think I know now where I'm headed :D .

DisneyLisa
04-20-2003, 07:54 PM
That looks like the best way back to me as well Julie. It may not be to so called "best route" but I prefer to stick to multi-lane hiways & that looks like the best route for me...pretty straight forward. You can all point me in the right direction when I leave the restaurant ;) .

TimNDansMom
04-20-2003, 07:57 PM
You're welcome, Lisa. I even learned things about the 403 and 407 highways I didn't know before! LOL!

See you Wednesday!

sammi
04-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Julie, as far as I can remember there is only one other restuarant in Limeridge Mall and it's a pasta place of which we've never tried.

Casey's is a big restaurant that can get pretty noisey at times but we didn't have a problem when we were there last time.

There is also a huge food court too.With a Timmies!;) :p

TimNDansMom
04-21-2003, 10:04 AM
Hi Cindy, I just received an email from Kathy and she will be coming after she gets off work at 1 or so, for tea and dessert.

The list of "attendees" is:

Kim
Kelly
Kathy
Cindy
Lisa
Julie

So we will need a table that seats at least 6.

Shall we have a show of hands for the restaurant? ;)

Casey's, Pasta Place, Food Court?

DisneyLisa
04-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Casey's sounds good to me (unless the "pasta place" is East Side Marios...then I vote for there :)...it's my fav).

kellyla
04-21-2003, 01:47 PM
Didnt the pasta place at the mall close?East Side Mario's is just up the street from me,a few minutes from the mall.Any place is good for me.And if anybody wants to bring pictures.I just love to look at other peoples pictures.

TimNDansMom
04-21-2003, 02:24 PM
I think you are right Kelly. I could only find an East Side Marios on Upper James Street. I can bring LOTS of pictures! ;)

DisneyLisa
04-21-2003, 02:39 PM
If anyone has Disney Cruise pics & info I'd love to see them. I booked our plane trips today :) but am still trying to decide whether or not to do 5 nights in WDW followed by a 3 night cruise or just 8 nights in WDW.

Snowwark
04-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Oh wow...this is cool, you guys have everything organized!! :)

So, 1 o'clock Wednesday, at Caseys? I'll be there! :)

Looking forward to it!! :)

TimNDansMom
04-21-2003, 04:36 PM
See everyone at Casey's at 1pm then! :) (I'll be there earlier to window-shop.)

DisneyLisa
04-21-2003, 04:42 PM
1 pm at Casey's it is...see you all then :D .

disneyvacationmom
04-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Looking forward to Wednesday. Can't wait to see everyone again. Lots has happened around here since the last time I saw everyone.

kellyla
04-22-2003, 08:56 AM
I will be there early too.I have to walk and when I walk with my headset on I seem to walk too fast but at least I will get some exercise.Are we meeting outside of Casey's or is there a ressie?

TimNDansMom
04-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Kelly, there isn't a ressie yet. Did you have one last time? Where did you meet?

kellyla
04-22-2003, 09:49 AM
I think there was a ressie last time.I just sat outside of Casey's in the mall.I had described what I would be wearing and Snowwark saw me there.I will sit outside of Casey's tomorrow too.If you see a redhead with a jean jacket on with Winnie the Pooh on the back of it,that would be me.I will be there around ten to one.

DisneyLisa
04-22-2003, 10:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been "chatting" with cottontail (thru PM) and she may join us tomorrow if she can so can you add another onto the ressie if you make one.

Thanks

cottontail
04-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Thanks Lisa, Hoping to come up and meet everyone, if I get the car soon enough.

Deb.

DisneyLisa
04-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Maybe DH could drop you off before his appointment? You could always browse the DS while you wait ;) & sounds like some of us s/b there around noon anyway.

Hope to see you there.

TimNDansMom
04-22-2003, 11:06 AM
I just called Casey's and they only take ressies for 12 or more people. He did say to call an hour beforehand and they can start setting up a table for 1 o'clock. Since I plan to be there by 12 at the latest, I will arrange this in person.

Great if you can join us cottontail. :) We'll make it for 7!

sammi
04-22-2003, 02:19 PM
That's weird because Kim managed to make reservations for us the last time we all got together. Maybe they've since changed their policy.:)

Julie what name will the res. be under? So we can ask when we arrive.....especially anyone who is running a little late getting there?:)

Or maybe we should just all meet outside Casey's at say 12:50?:confused:

DisneyLisa
04-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Of course the ressie should be under "Disney Gals" ;)

Snowwark
04-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Or Disney Babes...or to borrow Sandra's tag....Disney Divas...;) :)

What, no men? :)

If I remember correctly, they tried to discourage me from making a reservation, saying that it wouldn't be a problem to get a table. Sometimes I think it's just a matter of who you talk to. :)

Glad you might be able to join us, Cottontail, the more the merrier! :)

TimNDansMom
04-22-2003, 06:17 PM
LOL, I'll just leave my name "Julie" since I will already be in the mall. I'm not brave enough to say "Disney Babes" all by myself. :o

I'll wait at the mall entrance to the restaurant at 12:50.

sammi
04-22-2003, 06:18 PM
LOL..... can't say that I blame you!

Thanks so much Julie.:D I'll be there too for 12:50!:)

DisneyLisa
04-22-2003, 08:24 PM
We're suppose to get up to 15cm of snow tonight :( so if the weather is bad, I may not be able to come tomorrow. I'm hoping to leave at 7 am but if I don't I'll post here. Keep your fingers crossed and hope the weatherman is wrong...wouldn't that be something unusual ;) .

DisneyLisa
04-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Update: Environment Canada has just removed the "Heavy Snowfall Warning" and now we're suppose to get up to 5cm...sounding better! Do you believe it...still getting snow at the end of April...I'm moving to Florida ;) .

DisneyLisa
04-23-2003, 05:12 AM
The ground is covered with snow :( but the roads are just wet. I woke up early so decided I may as well head off. I just have to grab my coffee, take the seats out of the van (forgot to do that last night...now it's so cold :() and then I'm off. I'll just do some shopping while I wait. See you all at 1pm :) :)

Snowwark
04-23-2003, 05:47 AM
Drive safely, Lisa! :)

See you in a few hours. :)

cottontail
04-23-2003, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcome, I still am not sure how long he is going to be, but even if I come in for a coffee a little later.

I guess you guys will be there at least til 2. Hope I can make it.

Deb.

Baboo
04-23-2003, 08:39 AM
I hope you all have a great lunch! Wish I could join you.:( Maybe next time Wendy and I can drive down together.

cottontail
04-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Hi Everyone:

I am glad I made it up to Casey's to meet all of you today, Susan, Kelly, Julie, Kim, Cindy and Kathy, a great bunch of ladies.

Thanks for the treat Julie. Have a safe drive back home Susan and Julie. Everyone take care, talk to you guys later.

Yours,

Deb.

sammi
04-23-2003, 06:50 PM
I'm so glad you could come Deb!:D It was a really nice way to spend an afternoon and I really enjoyed everyone's company. What a nice bunch of "Disney Babes!"LOL!;)

Julie I hope you had a safe drive home and Susan (aka Lisa!;) ) I hope you enjoy your next few days in Waterloo before heading back to Ottawa. It was a real pleasure meeting you all and anytime you feel like a lunch date just "ring" and I'm sure we'll all be there!:)

Oh yes,and Susan....thanks so much for the Laura Secord treats!:wave: :sunny:

Snowwark
04-23-2003, 08:11 PM
The Babes sure know how to talk....over 3 hours of chitchat, and I bet we could of gone another 3!! :teeth: :)

Sammi, Kelly, Kath, Julie, it was wonderful as always to see you again. :) Deb, and Lisa/Sue (lol) it was great to meet both of you! :)

Julie, thank you so much for the truffles, that was very sweet of you.....and yummy!!

Maybe next time, Wendy and Baboo, and other Dis friends can join us, and who knows, maybe one or two very brave men. ;) :)

We must do this again, soon!! :)

Kim

TimNDansMom
04-23-2003, 09:47 PM
LOL, I was wondering if Casey's was going to kick us out at some point! ;) :p Maybe they were listening in, gleaning Disney info off of us! LOL!

What a fun afternoon! It was so nice to meet you, Cindy, Kelly, Susan (aka Lisa) ;) and Deb. :) Kim and Kathy, great to see you both again! :)

Wendy and Kathy, hope you can make it next time ~ excellent idea to drive down together ~ and anyone else who would like to join in the fun. :)

I can't wait to do this again! :teeth:

kellyla
04-25-2003, 01:22 PM
I know I am a little late posting(this what happens when the hubby is home during the week and I cant get on the puter)It was so nice meeting everyone again and putting some new faces to the DIS names.I still havent eaten my treat,but when the kids go to bed tonight ,DH will be at work,I will have the time to enjoy them.
Actually when we got up to leave,the waitress said to me"You girls FINALLY leaving?"Must not have liked us sitting there for three hours.LOL.
I am up for a mall meet anytime.So just post whenever anybody wants to do this again.

I am calling on the tag fairies to sprinkle their pixie dust and tag Julie "The Super Duper Bus Lady"hehehhe

disneyvacationmom
04-26-2003, 08:29 AM
What great fun. Definately a must do again. Thanks for the treats Julie-I actually shared with DH. I regretted it afterwards since it was so good. Nice to meet Cottontail and DisneyLisa. We should set a date for the next meet-maybe June???

DisneyLisa
04-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I just got back and it feels so great to have DS home again :) (I sure missed having my computer & checking these boards).

Thanks everyone for the wonderful lunch - it was so great to meet you all and I had so much fun. I just wish we could have chatted longer....there is so much more I would have liked to hear/ask everyone. Next time we'll just keep ordering & keep on talking ;) .

Thanks Julie for the truffles...it was really thoughtful of you and a nice treat during the drive to Waterloo. Thanks also for the driving directions...they were perfect. Did our lunch inspire you to start planning your next "adventure" to WDW yet?

Guess I'd better go get the house organized again...chat with you all soon & I hope I can join you again some time.

cottontail
04-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Hi "Lisa":

Yes, hearing the discussions about upcoming trips sure put the bug back in my mind, I think I am the only one without future trip plans.

I enjoyed meeting everyone as well.

Have a good day.

Deb.