PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Tortillas

inky dinky doo
03-20-2003, 04:38 AM
If you're doing low carb, like I am, you might want to try the low carb tortillas from http://www.latortillafactory.com/ . I ordered the variety case (4 pkg. regular, 3 pkg. green onion, 3 pkg. garlic & herb), and they are wonderful. It took about two weeks for them to arrive, but each tortilla has only 3 net carbs and you can use them for lots of things. They make it easy to carry a tuna wrap to work for lunch, and this morning I used one as a base for pizza. Yum!! You can also freeze them for up to six months, which makes it nice when you're ordering a case.

I just checked, and it looks like they're working on their site. I believe you can order; some of the words just look a little funky.

Pat

261 days and counting . . . again

wovenwonder
03-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks Pat!
I think I'm going to order them -- and give them a try.

nativetxn
03-20-2003, 09:22 AM
There are lots of places less than 100 miles from me that carries these. I've been trying to find these tortillas.

<b>Thank you</b> for the link!

inky dinky doo
03-21-2003, 04:31 AM
I hope you both like them as much as I do. I think they add a nice bit of variety to a low carb diet!

Pat

260 days and counting . . . again!

wovenwonder
03-21-2003, 07:55 AM
WOW -- there was a store listed about 8 miles from my house that has their products! Maybe I'll check it out saturday.

Pat -- are these 'hard shell' tortilla's or 'soft shelled'?

inky dinky doo
03-21-2003, 06:41 PM
Jody,

They're the soft, round shells. I'll have to go back and enter my zip code. That's something new on their site, and I never thought about trying that. Duh!

Pat

260 days and counting . . . again!

EpcotKilterFan
03-22-2003, 08:24 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

There was a retailer not that far from me. So I treked on over there today to pick some up! I am in heaven! The whole wheat ones are fabulous.

This store also has alot of different Low Carb foods and the people working there were incredibly helpful. I even bought a loaf of low carb rye bread, and some Peanut Butter Chocolate chip cookies! They are only like 2 net carbs per cookie! And they are great!

Thanks again!

Debbie

DixieDreamer
03-23-2003, 04:47 PM
My local store actually carries these. I had one for lunch as part of a philly steak wrap

1 small low carb tortilla heated in the microwave for 30 seconds
1 slice of philly beef steak cooked on the stove with 1/8 cup of diced onions
slapped a 1 ounce slice of smoked provolone cheese on it at the last minute... then layered the beef, onion, and cheese on the tortilla... added 1 tBS of ranch dressing... then rolled it all up..

YUM!

nativetxn
03-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Ooooh, Laura, that sounds wonderful.

inky dinky doo
03-24-2003, 03:45 AM
You are so lucky, Debbie! I would love to have a store like yours near me. Living in a little, podunk town has its advantages, but shopping isn't one of them.

And, Laura, your philly steak wrap sounds w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l! I'm going to have to give that one a try. I started to say "there goes the diet," but it doesn't, does it? That's what so great about eating low carb! You get to eat such tasty things (IMO).

Pat

257 days and counting . . . again!