PDA

View Full Version : March 20, 2004

Pages : [1] 2 3

dvcmomdeh
03-19-2003, 12:18 PM
One year from today we will be flying (first time) from Indianapolis to Orlando for our 2nd Disney Magic Cruise. Any other 3/20/04 cruisers out there?

Our kids would like to start corresponding with other teens, isn't that what all teens like to do.. :)

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

366 days and counting...

mobetsy
03-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Dh and I will be on that cruise, with our then 9 and almost 6 y.o. sons. It will be a first cruise for us, and WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Our friends with their dd who turns 9 on the cruise will also be along :D About 4-6 weeks ago there was a thread looking for others for this cruise; I think 8 or so people posted then, and I'm sure there are more by now.

Sorry we can't help you with the teen correspondants. If there's anyone with a 5-6 y.o., we'd be very interested in developing that relationship beforehand; our son can be hesitant to try new things, and we're hoping to have him feeling like he already knows a friend before we go.

Cara
03-19-2003, 04:25 PM
We are the friends Mobetsy mentioned. We do not have a teen, but I will bump this post up for you. Maybe you will find a few!! We can't WAIT till the cruise. First one for all three of us!!

Cara

Debbie123
03-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi. My family is going that time also. 1st cruise for my husband's 40th birthday (surprise). We have twin sons that will be 10 then. I can't wait!!!

Debbie

strawberryblonde
03-22-2003, 08:24 PM
We will be on that cruise as well :teeth: , that date is our 10 yr. ann. We just celebrated our 9th (nice, but not a cruise, lol), just one year away now! Our son will be freshly 7 for the cruise, he would like to have a friend for the week and 6 would be just fine.

Padre Disney
03-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Hey guys we will be on that cruise. Just got back form the 3/15 western and booked the 3/20/04 eastern. We can't wait.
Our four kids will be: DD 18, DS 16 1/2, DD 14, and DD 11.
Our DD 14 meet a friend through the boards and they spent almost every moment together on the ship.

Cara
03-30-2003, 08:11 AM
Hey, glad to see more 3/20/04 cruisers out there! Less than a year away -- woohoo! Strawberry Blonde, I'm sure Mobetsy would love to have her son meet yours. I am bumping this for her!

Cara

DVC4US
03-30-2003, 09:33 AM
We will also be on board with our DD (14yo) & DD (8yo). We are also taking both sets of grandparents this time so making it a big family event.

My DD is the teen that PadreDisney's DD met on the boards and they became best buddies on the trip. We had a cruise set up for June 2004, but my DD begged us so much to go on this one instead we decided to relent. I believe there are a few of us that were on the 3/15 Western this year that are going on the 3/20 next year. If you have a teen that would like to meet some other teens online before hand just pm or email me and I will set you up with my DD. I am sure her and her friend would love to add more people to their group.

Hey Bev :)
I guess K told you we would be on the cruise. B said she didn't mind missing school as long as she got to go on the same cruise as K. Hopefully we will see you before then.

BTW, ignore the countdown below because now I need to change it. At least it will be shorter and not longer.:p
LeiLani

Padre Disney
03-30-2003, 10:04 AM
LeiLani,
K ran up the stairs screaming when she found out B was going to be on the same cruise. It sounds like they are already planning out all the excursions they want to do together. Keep me posted so we can get K signed up with B. I am so glad you are going.
We have late seating again. It worked out so much better for us. We plan on driving down again and will spend the Friday before the cruise at Sea World. We have a cousin and his wife with a 1 1/2 year old going. Trying to talk grandma & grandpa into going again. They loved the cruise. Have four rooms on deck 6 this time.

I have been trying to figure out how to change my timer with no luck. Let me know if you figure it out.
Bev

mobetsy
03-31-2003, 03:58 PM
Strawberry blonde, it's good to start getting an idea about other young boys who will be on board! I think my ds and yours will end up in different groups, as mine will be not quite 6; nonetheless, when it comes to "hang out at the pool or movies time" that isn't a factor :) Periodically I wonder how on earth I am going to last waiting a year for this cruise...

Nevetswitz
03-31-2003, 05:17 PM
I'm Steve, 16 looking for other people going on this cruise...we just got off the 3/22 magic and i liked it so much i begged my dad to book another one...sure enough its 3/20 in 04...i'm so excited, its not official yet but i'm sure with some convincing it will be soon...so if n e one else has teenagers with them talk back!!

howardlee2
03-31-2003, 08:31 PM
Someone else out there must be heading out on this cruise!!!!!! please respond back!!!!

DVC4US
03-31-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey Bev:

I know B is on the phone with K right now. It is great that they became such good friends. I told B that when it gets closer and we decide which excursions to do she can let K know and we will see if they can do things together.

We also have late seating this time. I did not like early seating because I always felt like I was rushing to get ready for dinner. We are taking both sets of grandparents along this time so it should be fun. My parents have been on the 4 day Disney, but DH's parents have only sailed on Carnival so we are excited about showing them what Disney can do. We will be in a Cat 3 and they are all in Cat 6's on deck 6. I think Kathy is also going on this cruise so it will be fun to see everyone again.

I just went over to the Technical Board to do the countdown. You have to erase the old one and put in a new one. Keep in touch.
LeiLani

Padre Disney
04-01-2003, 08:07 AM
LeiLani,
I thought the list that Kathy made up for the Western cruise was great. I printed it out and took it with me. It was nice to see who had what age group of kids. Maybe she will do it again for the Eastern. I hope we can have another DIS meet before the sailaway. That was when the girls hit it off. I think we only saw K at dinner times the rest of the week and she wasn't very happy to be away from B. She ate and ran.

We love late seating. We had early on our 3 day a couple of years ago and it didn't work very well. We were always rushing around getting ready. The late works sooo much better for us. All our kids are older so I'm sure that helps.

My husbands 70 plus parents sailed with us on the Western and they LOVED it. We are hoping that they will sail with us for the Eastern. We are on deck 6 this time all the way forward.

K can't wait to book some excursions with B. The banana boat was a hit for her. She told her older brother & sister all about it.

I have removed my old timer and tried to add the new one with no luck so I give up. Maybe some day my DH will figure it out for me.

3/20 cruisers:
It is great to see so many people going on the 3/20. Keep posting the ages of your children. That is how our girls became such great friends. They found each other on the boards, emailed a few times and hit it off at the DIS meeting right before the sailaway party. My daughter had the best time.

Bev

lisa6191
04-01-2003, 10:48 AM
We will be on this cruise also! My sons will be 9 and just 6, and we are traveling with another family who has a daughter who will be turning 12 on the cruise and a son who is 9. It's our first Disney Cruise (first cruise at all) and we are really excited!!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

-Lisa

mobetsy
04-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Lisa, it looks like your sons are just the ages of mine: one will be 9 and the other a month short of 6. Cara's dd will be turning 9 on the cruise. With your friend's 9 y.o. ds, I can see a little pack already forming here for that age group! Cara's dd and my ds#1 chat sometimes; maybe as the time draws nearer (and their typing/spelling skills improve!), we can get them all on at once for a few chat times to get acquainted :D

DVC4US
04-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Bev:
I know, B is already trying to make excursion plans. I told her we needed to wait until it got closer and we would sit down and figure out what everyone wants to do. She has already said that the Banana Boat ride was a must. I told her that was fine. Her and K talk on the phone almost every night. Maybe they can get together this summer. We are at WDW June 2-15 then we will be home. This cruise is almost a year a way and I can't wait!:jester:

DawnHaan:
PadreDisney and I also have teens that met online before our cruise on Mar 15th. You did not say if yours were boys or girls but ours are both girls and if yours would like to try and talk to my DD please email or pm me. Maybe we can hook them all up.

It looks like we are starting to get a good group together. It is going to be fun talking to everyone over the next year.
LeiLani

pappa-G
04-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Nevetswitz,

My name is Jake and im going on that cruise. I will be 16 by then.

howardlee2
04-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Jake, where u from??

lisa6191
04-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Mobetsy - Sounds great to me! My 8yo is already pretty adept at the internet, and I'm sure he would love to correspond with your son.

-Lisa

pappa-G
04-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Im from Iowa

howardlee2
04-02-2003, 07:43 PM
this is steve again, my other username is NEVETSWITZ but its not working right now so i'm on my dad's...i'm from chicago IL so its not too far from iowa, although if you are a college basketball fan then you would know how awesome ILLINOIS is with brian cook and dee brown and how much Iowa isn't too awesome....HHAA

dvcmomdeh
04-03-2003, 08:52 AM
Wow!! you were all very busy on the boards while I was spring breaking it last week with my kids at Vero Beach and Boardwalk Villa's. I told my kids that I was going to try introducing them to others going on the cruise. So I'd like to post their email addresses below.

Brian (will be 16) bhaan@lafvb.com
Amanda (will be 13) ahaan@lafvb.com

Our spring break was a little stressed so we are SO LOOKING forward to next spring break.

TTFN,

DVC4US
04-03-2003, 09:11 AM
DawnHaan:
Thanks for the info, I will pass it along to my DD and ask her to get in touch with your teens. I am sorry to hear that your spring break trip was a little stressed, hopefully next year will be better. We are going to BWV in June and I am sooo looking forward to the time at Disney.:teeth:

pappa-G:
Where in Iowa are you from. We live in Cedar Falls, and PadreDisney is from West DeMoines. On our last cruise there were at least 5 families from Iowa that we met at the Dis meeting. It sure is a small world.:)

LeiLani

dvcmomdeh
04-03-2003, 09:15 AM
LeiLani,

I'll tell the kids to keep a check on their email. ARGH! Seems like that is all they like to do.

We will be leaving for BCV May 23, arriving the 25th for 7 whole days, and Vero beach June 1 for 4 nights/5 days.

I am overlooking even this summer's vacation with excitement for the upcoming cruise.

I hope we can keep this thread going.

Padre Disney
04-03-2003, 09:32 AM
DawnHaan,
When does your daughter turn 13. My daughter will have just turned 14 on Feb 3rd right before the cruise. I will give her your daughters email.

LeiLani,
pappa-g is my son. He checks these boards everyday. He loved the cruise. He saw how much fun his sister had with your daughter and I think is hoping that he can find someone to chat with before the cruise in hopes that they can hang out together on the cruise.

dvcmomdeh
04-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Both are actually after the cruise, but I have asked them to help us celebrate Brian's since it is the big 16. Brian's is 4/11 and Amanda's is 5/30. She gets to celebrate her birtday every year at WDW.

Dawn

DVC4US
04-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks Bev, I guess it really is a "Small World".
LeiLani

pappa-G
04-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Im from west des moines, Iowa. Im Padre Disneys son.

tecdavidt
04-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Hello March 20 '04 Eastern cruisers! Yes, the tecdavidt bunch will be on board. If you have not been on the Eastern you will love it. St. Maarten and St. Thomas are great ports to shop for jewelry ;) and the water is so warm! I'll be glad to start another list just give me a few more days. For those who weren't on our 3/15/03 cruise we are tecdavidt: Kathy, Dave and daughter Stephanie who will be 11 on that cruise! I think the DIS meet at the sail away party was great so might as well repeat it next year.

Bev, thought I'd let you know we canceled our Wonder New Year's Eve 3 day/4 day trip. We decided we wanted to do a mom and dad 7 day over New Year's again. By going then Dave only misses 3 days of work. Maybe we will surprise Steph next year. How do you like this crazy spring weather? 80's the last 3 days and today cold, rain, hail and snow!!! I want to be back on the ship now. Kathy:cool:

howardlee2
04-04-2003, 06:21 PM
tecdavidt - Alyssa will be 10 1/2 (going on 16!) for the cruise. she'll love to converse with your 11 yr old!

DVC4US
04-04-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey Kathy! It's LeiLani again. We are on board for this cruise also. We were going to wait and go in June next year because the week of March 20th is the week after our spring break, but DD begged and pleaded because Bev's DD would be on this one and said she did not mind missing school, so we broke down and changed our ressie to this date. We are also taking along both sets of grandparents so hopefully it will turn out to be a good cruise.

I agree with you this weather is weird. I am looking out my window at a blanket of white, when 2 days ago I was wearing shorts.:confused:
LeiLani

dvcmomdeh
04-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Bump, we need more cruisers.

Padre Disney
04-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Kathy,
Glad to see you are working on the DIS list. It was so nice to have it on the last cruise. Looks like March 20, 2004 might be bigger than the March 15th 2003 cruise. The kids already want to make a countdown chain. It would snake through the whole kitchen. I hope to hold them off until after Christmas.
LeiLani,
K is driving me crazy. She can't wait for next year to get here. I doubt we will ever see her. She is excited that you guys have late dinner. I think the girls will have every minute planned out.

DVC4US
04-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Bev,
I know, B is the same way. She is talking more about this cruise than the last one and this one is still 11 months away. By the time it gets here, I think her and K will have every minute of every day planned. BTW, what's with all the snow in April???? I sure hope it warms up soon.

Dawn,
I gave my DD your DS & DD's email addresses and told her to contact them. She has been fairly busy since then so I don't know if she has done it yet, but I will check with her tonight.

Everyone take care and lets keep up the postings.

LeiLani:smooth:

dvcmomdeh
04-14-2003, 01:36 PM
There are roughly 10 of us on this particular thread. My next question to those that are here are:

Where are you staying the night before the cruise? Are any of you DVC members and taking advantage of your points, to save cash? If traveling from a Disney Resort, anyone interested in sharing a limo?

Keep this going, it really won't be long now.

Padre Disney
04-14-2003, 03:09 PM
DawnHaan,
We have a group of 8 - 13. Not sure how many yet. Stayed this past March at the comfort suites airport location. They have great rates again for next March so we will be checking them out for March 2004. We are not DVC members yet. Won't have a chance to visit any of the parks on 2004. Still trying to figure out of we will be driving again or flying.

DVC4US
04-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Dawn:

We are DVC members and we will probably fly in a couple of days early and stay at one of the Villas. When we went in March we flew down 3 days early and stayed at VWL. We then took a limo to the port. This year we did not use points because we had them all tied up for our trip in June. We still stayed at the VWL and paid cash. We got a better rate through CRO then we could get from MS. Once you stay in those Villa rooms, it is hard to go back to a regular hotel room. I would gladly share a limo with you next year but we will be traveling with both sets of parents and we are still trying to figure out how all 8 of us, plus luggage are going to fit in a limo.(I know we can take a van, but it is not as much fun.) If we decide we will need two limos I will keep you in mind and you can share one of ours.

LeiLani

howardlee2
04-15-2003, 09:21 AM
We are DVC members. I did not use points to book the cruises as it seems to be quite a rip off vs. paying cash. DVC is great for the DVC resorts but I think it works out to be VERY expensive for ANY other use of points. We came in for this last cruise on Fri. eve. and stayed at the Radisson. I wasn't very impressed with it but will probably do it again for the convenience.

mobetsy
04-15-2003, 06:16 PM
We will be flying in the night before and probably arriving quite late, so we'll stay at a hotel near the airport. Not sure which it will be, but I know we don't plan to spend many $$! I think Cara and her family will be doing the same, and then the 7 of us will take a van/limo to the ship the next morning.

How on earth am I going to wait 11 more months? I'm sure my friends are already tired of hearing about how excited I am!

strawberryblonde
04-15-2003, 11:37 PM
Our plan now, is to drive the day before and stay the night at Radisson. I've read you are charged double to park at port for longer vehicles like our Suburban. We will use their shuttle in the morning. Hope I am able to get sleep that night before, I'll be so excited :p

Padre Disney
04-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Strawberryblonde,
We just parked our suburban at the port on our 3/15 cruise and was charged $70. We arrived about 10 in the morning and the was able to park in the lot right in front on the terminal.
We drove down because we have a family of six and airline tickets are terrible no matter how early you buy. Plus we can never find a rental van at a good price that will hold six plus all our luggage. In laws want us to fly with them for the 3/20/04 but it will costs us more than double of driving. Guess we will keep watching for airfare out of KC if not we will be driving again. I have found some nice priced van limo transportation. It is a long way away but I'm planning everyday.

strawberryblonde
04-16-2003, 05:33 PM
I didn't realize that, hmmmm, now I've got options. Thanks for the info :D

dvcmomdeh
04-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Bumping

Nevetswitz
04-23-2003, 11:25 PM
I know that there has to be more people my age going on this cruise, so if anyone reads this and is a teenager, please respond....i went on the 3/22 magic (1st cruise) and had an awesome time, so i wanted to go back on next spring break (3/20) my parents are worried i wont have as much as a good time as i did have, so if anyone is a teenager i would liek to try to keep in touch or somethin...

pappa-G
04-24-2003, 08:24 PM
yeah im jake and I will be 16 then.

dvcmomdeh
04-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Hey....
I'm Brian, this is my mom's I.D.... I'm 15 and will turn 16 twelve days after the cruise.... my email is bhaan@lafvb.com... I went on the 7 day Eastern on the Magic in November 2001...

I am looking forward to the games, the music, the dining rotations, parasailing with my sister and snorkeling with the teens during Wildside.

I ate all the dinner meals with my family. We rented tuxes through the cruiseline. My mom and sister already have their gowns for next March!

Hope to get some conversations going with other teens that are going March 20, 2004.

~Brian

lchsggolf5
04-25-2003, 07:36 PM
I'm Kelsey and I'll be 16 when we cruise next March. I was on the 7-day Eastern this past spring break. Anyone looking to talk, my aim screen name is babs51806 or email is juniorgolfgirl@hotmail.com

dvcmomdeh
05-05-2003, 11:37 AM
Bumping to attrack more cruisers

tecdavidt
05-05-2003, 01:49 PM
This thread has grown since I last read it! In response to where do you stay before the cruise: we always fly down the day before and stay at the Airport Hyatt. We took a limo this last cruise and we liked it so I would guess we will do it again next year. We even have the same stateroom as last year, cat.3 8548. Kathy

mobetsy
05-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Kathy, what time did you leave the Hyatt for the port? And do you recall what you paid for the Hyatt, and how you made those reservations (i.e., did you get some incredible deal on the internet, because of mileage/points affiliation, or was it a pretty standard reservation)?

strawberryblonde
05-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by DawnHaan
Bumping to attrack more cruisers

It is always fun to see "my" cruise date at the top of all of the threads :p

Padre Disney
05-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Leilani,
K is so excited. She is on the phone with B AGAIN. She has been asking for her own phone line. Can't let her have one cause her older sister doesn't even have one.
We can't wait for the cruise. We have decided to drive again. Did check for flights early this week and everything was gone in seconds. This time DH parents will be riding alone so we will split the drive into 2 days. Staying at the Comfort suites airport again on Friday before the cruise. When do you get in?

It IS great to see our dates one the first page!!!!!!

DVC4US
05-06-2003, 07:28 AM
Bev,

I know. I came home from running an errand yesterday and B was on the phone with K. She said they had a nice 30 min conversation. (Guess I need to remind her that those calls cost money :p ) They are both so excited and are already planning what they are going to wear.

We don't know an exact date yet, but will probably travel down a couple days early and stay at WDW. Maybe we can try to get the girls together on Friday when we decide what we are doing.

We leave for WDW on May 30 so I am getting really excited about that right now. After that trip is over I will ready to put more effort into planning the cruise next year.
LeiLani

Padre Disney
05-06-2003, 09:13 AM
Leilani,
We have vacation time scheduled off for the end of June and nothing planned and thought about a short cruise or florida trip. Cruise was way to much even for a 3 day. I couldn't remember your dates for your summer trip at first and had K call B a few weeks ago and double check.
Guess we are driving out to CA and will visit DH brothers.

We get calling cards from Sam's for all our long distance. I didn't cost much for those girls to chat. K is always so excited when she gets of the phone.

Have a great time in Florida.

The list gets bigger all the time. It is great to see how many kids are going on the cruise.
Bev

DVC4US
05-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Giving the post another little bump.:sunny:

Hey Bev,

The girls are so funny the way they are so excited about the next cruise. When we were planning the last one I was the one so excited and B just went along with the flow. Now she is trying to plan excursions and wanting to go out and buy dresses already. It is great that there seems to be quite a few kids this time around so I know they will have fun.

What part of CA? Hope you have a safe and fun trip. We will be heading to Vegas later this summer. I have to take the girls to see their grandparents and we will probably go down to CA also.

We leave for Disney at the end of this month. The girls and I will drive down and DH will fly down to meet us. We will be there for 10 days. I am all excited about that trip and trying to plan everthing.
LeiLani

Padre Disney
05-14-2003, 02:07 PM
BUMP BUMP
Trying to keep this on the first few pages so it doesn't get lost.

Leilani,
I wish we were leaving for Disney at the end of the month.
Dh brothers live near Sacramento and San Francisco. We are stuffing our truck with 9 people and driving out over three days. I will be needing the cruise very bad when it gets here.

K's little sister is very excited about the cruise. K told her that she could hang out with her and B some of the time. Our youngest does not like the kids club at all and spends most of her time with us.

Have a great trip to Disney.

I told our kids grandparents that you are takiing both sets of your kids grandparents on the March cruise. Maybe they will bump into each other. :)

strawberryblonde
05-26-2003, 04:25 PM
We are now under 300 days until our cruise!! Bought a Tinkerbell swimming suit for my DD at 50% off at TDS today. Not for the size she is today but the size I'm guessing she will be next March ;) . Now if I could just get my hands on a Mickey suit for me. They must have made them just a few years back because they are still in promotional photos (red/blue design). I really, really want one *pout*. I had a Mickey suit as a teenager, aqua blue background, Mickey took up the entire front. Wore that thing out on water slides (like it would still fit :rolleyes: ).

Padre Disney
07-07-2003, 03:03 PM
bump

Cara
07-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Still here... Still excited!!! :bounce:

Cara

dvcmomdeh
07-08-2003, 07:28 AM
For 6 days we considered switching to the 10 day for next Christmas. It just isn't worth double of what we are paying now and it is half paid for.

Still looking for those 16/13 year olds that are going.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

mobetsy
07-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Very pleased because my 5 y.o. ds, who only ever wears shorts, has started thinking it's really fun to dress up as a waiter in dress shirt, tie, and sweat pants. This is a big step toward being able to get him to dress up nicely for formal night :D So, I may have one son in a tux because "It's like James Bond" and the other one in a dressy outfit because he wants to look like the waiters! However, if you see a little boy in shirt, tie, and black sweat pants, you'll know we only made a certain amount of progress...

dvcmomdeh
07-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Things have changed drastically since I last wrote, sort of. We definitely decided NO on the 10 day and we decided that we would drive. We will leave Indiana at about 3:00 p.m. on 3/18 and drive straight through to WDW. I have ressies at the Beach Club Villas for the Friday before the cruise. We figure that since Brian has his learners permit he can drive for a few hours giving an adult a break for a nap. I think he is looking forward to it.

Would Kelsey (lchsggolf5), Lnaylor863, pappa-G, Steve (NEVETSWITZ) please contact Brian at bhaan@lafvb.com. Brian doesn't use the boards so has missed all of your messages. His AOL screen name is haando78.

My daughter Amanda's AOL screen name is littleA328, she will be 13.

We also have a ressie at BCV for the Saturday night after the cruise. But probably can't use it since we need to drive home (17 LONG hours). Considering renting the studio 32 points at $7/point. Anyone interested.

Hope to start chatting more with everyone.

pappa-G
07-09-2003, 10:23 PM
I added haando78 to my list and will talk to him when he is on. I am usually on at night after 9 so i will talk to him then.

my name is jake.

DVC4US
07-10-2003, 11:45 AM
DawnHaan,

I will pass the info on to my daughter(she does not use the boards either). She will be 14 when we cruise next year and her AOL screen name is frekkles73189.

We may be at BCV on that Friday also. We have a reservation at BWV(home resort) that week but we would like to change it to BCV. So, we are keeping our fingers crossed and waiting for the 7 month window to switch. If we do get BCV I will let you know and maybe we can hook up on that Friday.

We are off to Vegas next week for 3 weeks, but I am taking the laptop so I will try to keep in touch.

LeiLani

dvcmomdeh
07-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Vegas is fun we head there October 23 for DH 40th Birthday. Enjoy. Look forward to hearing from you.

Padre Disney
07-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Was in Vegas on the 3rd. Kids did both rides at the Stratosphere.
Can't wait for March.

DVC4US
07-11-2003, 09:14 AM
We're from Vegas, so we go back there every summer to visit the grandparents. The girls and I will be there for 3 weeks and DH is flying in for the last week. My mom is going to keep the girls and DH and I are staying at the Venetian for the week. I can't wait.

I sure can't wait for March to get here. We are doing all these other vacations this summer, but I sure can't wait to cruise again.
LeiLani

geffric
07-11-2003, 09:10 PM
We will be going on this cruise too. All four of us - me, DH, DS 12 and DS10. My sons would love to correspond with other boys on this cruise. This is our 3rd and DS 12 will be 1 week shy of 13 b'day at time of cruise ) and DS10. Any boys want to hang with them??? DS 10 will be at the Lab and DS12 , almost 13, is wondering what to do.

We can't wait!!!

Dawn Haan --- we are arriving Friday nite too and also staying the Saturday after the cruise... Do you still have the points to rent or is this too old of a post???

lchsggolf5
07-11-2003, 11:15 PM
DawnHaan- I added your son to my buddy list. I'll talk to him if he's on when I am. My screen name is babs51806. Looking forward to talking...

HookedonMagic
07-12-2003, 07:26 AM
You can add us to the March 20, 2004 cruisers! :) I'm sailing with DH and our two children, DD (14) and DS (1)! DD would really like to email with the other teen girls before the trip...she met some very nice girls through the DIS before our last 7 day...her DIS friends really made the cruise special!:cool: It's been two years and they still email every week.

DVC4US
07-13-2003, 11:30 AM
HookedonMagic,

My DD- Brittany (14) will also be on this cruise and I am sure she would like to meet other girls her age. Her email address is frekkles73189@aol.com. She met PadreDisney's DD on the Dis boards this year before our cruise and they have become great friends. Maybe all three of them can get to know each other before we cruise next year. I will tell her to watch for an email from your daughter. My DD is also almost always on AIM.
LeiLani

dvcmomdeh
07-14-2003, 10:26 AM
geffric,

I am checking with my husband... We would only have 32 pts to rent they are currently on a ressie at bcv for the 2th. I'll let you know. Send me your email address, mine is haand@cfs.purdue.edu

HookedonMagic
07-18-2003, 06:58 AM
LNaylor,

Sorry for the late reply...I've been out of town all week. I gave my daughter, Julia, Brittany's email. She said she would write this weekend. It will be great if the girls "hit it off!":D

Padre Disney
07-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Talked DH into a 20th anniversary cruise in October. Going on a 3 day October 2nd and leaving the kids at home. We have only left the kids for 3 days once before and that was 5 years ago for our 15th anniversary to Vegas. I hope I don't feel to strange being on a Disney cruise with no kids. Have never seen the adult beach at CC and plan on spending as much time as possible soaking up the sun.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I think a couple of our kids have contacted a few others that are going on the March cruise. They are looking forward to matching faces with the screen names. Should be a great sailaway party.

Padre Disney
08-06-2003, 01:18 PM
It's been a couple of weeks so maybe we have a few more names to add.

strawberryblonde
08-19-2003, 08:56 AM
I went to Dillard's last night and all of their wide brim hats and straw beach bags were 75% off. These items might not even be back in stores by next March and they will be much more $$ then. Swimming suits were 66% off. Couldn't hurt to have an extra suit or two for the cruise (so you never have to wear a wet one). Summer sandals were not marked down low yet, so I'll wait abit on those. Stocking up on shorts in the next size up for both kids. Don't want to have to pay full retail come next March.

DVC4US
09-01-2003, 09:06 AM
:bounce: Giving us a little bump, we were way back on page 14.:Pinkbounc

LeiLani:p

dvcmomdeh
09-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Please note I have changed my login ID.

Can't wait for the cruise. I have started packing already. A pile is growing in my room.

mobetsy
09-02-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm pleased because on our beach vacation a few weeks ago, ds8 was using a snorkel and mask with ease; I really want him to be comfortable doing this at our various ports-of-call :D And ds5 (my little non-adventurer) was willing to go in the water and found that he had fun there; he even held up the mask to his face and looked in the water! Both have watching the DCL video near the top of their list of "things to do when we don't know what else to do" and even insisted on bringing it on vacation with us. I just keep dreaming and planning...

DVC4US
09-05-2003, 07:06 AM
Giving us a little bump again!:) And to let you know that like Dawn I have changed my user name.

LeiLani

Padre Disney
09-11-2003, 02:28 PM
LeiLani
Sent you an email the other day. We might be coming your way soon. Our oldest daughter wants to check out the college near you. K would like to see B if possible. I think the date is 11/1. Can't wait for March.

DVC4US
09-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Hey Bev,

I didn't get your email so I will email you and you can reply back. UNI seems to be a pretty good school and I know they have a great volleyball team. We went to the game the other night and it was fun. We sure can't wait for March either.:bounce: :bounce:
Hope you have a great 20th anniversary cruise and I sure hope Isabel dosen't hit CC.

Take Care and everyone have a great weekend. We are finally getting rain which we haven't seen since July 21st.:Pinkbounc

LeiLani

dvcmomdeh
09-18-2003, 02:52 PM
I know it has only been 6 days since our last bump; BUT I am feeling a little fallish and needing a little pixie dust.

Hope to hear from all of you March 20 cruisers.

strawberryblonde
09-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Still here, still excited! I love to see the March 20 thread at the top myself :).

DVC4US
09-27-2003, 01:23 PM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Giving us a little bump. We were way down on page 9. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

LeiLani

Cara
09-27-2003, 04:38 PM
We are getting so excited about our cruise. DD will celebrate her ninth birthday on board! We have actually bought most of our clothes for the trip!

Cara

geffric
09-28-2003, 01:59 PM
We are starting to get excited about the cruise too..

MickeyMagic
09-28-2003, 07:16 PM
We will also be on the Magic 3-20-04. It will be DD11 and me in one SPR and my sister and her DS14 and DD2 in another SPR. We were lucky enough to get the SPR's, but got the last two and we are down opposite hallways - one cabin is on starboard side and the other port side. Not a problem!!!
:p :p

DVC4US
10-01-2003, 07:57 PM
I have good news :teeth: and bad news :( . Unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts we will not be able to go on the March 20, 2004 cruise. We have had to reschedule.:duck: I am really sad about this because I have enjoyed posting on this thread and I know my DD is upset because she has a really good friend going on this cruise. Since you will cruising before us I hope you have a great time.

The good new for us is that when we decided to change the crusie we found a Cat 1 available Easter week. We have always wanted to cruise in a Cat 1 so this was a great opportunity for us. I will be thinking of everyone on this post during your cruise and during ours.

LeiLani

mobetsy
10-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Too bad you can't make it that week, but WOW! What a reason for a delay :) Enjoy every minute of the Cat 1!

DVC4US
10-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks mobetsy. We are all really looking forward to it and I will try my best to post a trip report after this one.

LeiLani

Muushka
10-04-2003, 01:01 PM
We will be joining all of you on the March 20 cruise. As I read all of the threads I noticed that everyone seems to have children. Well, we don't have any young'uns, but we are pretty child-like.

This will be my husband's first cruise and we thought that if it was a Disney cruise it might be a little more fun.

We look forward to meeting everyone. LeiLani, I have already got to know you a little (you answered my questions, again, thank you), and will miss meeting you. But to switch to a cat 1, well, I can understand! :)

Padre Disney
10-06-2003, 08:28 AM
LeiLani,
Congrats on the cat 1. K will miss B but maybe she will find someone new to hang out with. Maybe we can talk her into spending time with her sister;) NOT

Muushka,
You will love the cruise. We just got back from the three day with NO KIDS. It was GREAT:bounce:

strawberryblonde
10-06-2003, 03:59 PM
LeiLani, who will bump our thread now :confused: . We will miss you but can understand your decision. At least you didn't have to put off your cruise by more than a month. :wave2:

Cara
10-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Awesome news, LeiLani! Since you are bailing on us, we expect a full trip report upon your return! :)

Cara

DVC4US
10-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Thanks guys. :grouphug: I sure am going to miss this group. We are really excited:hyper: about the Cat 1, I just wish I could find some other DISers going on the same cruise. I have posted twice now and no one responds. :scratchin I will just have to keep up with you guys till you go on your cruise. I will definitely try to post a trip report after this one. Everyone take care and keep in touch.

LeiLani

Cara
10-12-2003, 04:24 PM
I booked my airfare today!!! Woohoo!! Hooray!!! :bounce:

(blush) Sorry. I knew you guys would understand!!!

Cara

mobetsy
10-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Hooray! We will see you at the airport! Cara's dh and mine are in for a rough 5 mos., because the two of us are compulsive planners and can't wait ;) I even have a bunch of the people I work with excited about this!

geffric
10-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Booked the rental car and hotel for night before cruise...whew:teeth:

Just need hotel for night after cruise... hm.. where should we stay.. on-site or off site, we are APholders so parking is free... something else to obsess about..

Cara
10-12-2003, 10:26 PM
I am so jealous!!! You get to go to the parks after the cruise, and I have to go home and go back to work!

Cara

Padre Disney
10-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Cara, who did you get your airfare with?

5 months from today we will be leaving for our drive to Orlando. WOO HOO!!:hyper:

While on our 3 day a few weeks ago we checked on adding another room to our March reservations and the price had went up about $400 dollars more then we had reserved our other rooms at. Since we were not real sure if we would need the room we decided not to book it. WELL after returning and talking about how much fun we had another couple has decided they might like to go. I called to check the price of another cat 11 and OMG! :earseek: They said they had no cat 11's left when only a few weeks ago they did. They did still have a cat 12 and the price would be over $3000 for 2 adults. WOW. That price was $800 more then just a few weeks ago and it was for a cat 12 not an 11. So we will not be adding another room. I knew prices went up but I am so surprised they have went up soooo much so fast.

DVC4US, We still plan on a trip your way on 11/1. K is very excited she gets to see B. We are just trying to get her excited about the cruise again. Knowing you changed cruises dates K is sure she will not have any fun with out B on the 3/20 cruise.

Muushka
10-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Padre Disney, try calling Sam's club. I booked with them a few weeks back and they have a special price with Disney for just that cruise. We booked 2 adults, at 6, with insurance for $3190.
I believe cat 9 was going to be $2300 or so. Good luck!

Cara
10-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Padre Disney, we booked our flight through Delta!

Cara

Padre Disney
10-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Muushka
I just called Sams 2 check on rooms. The best they had was $3186 for a cat 10 with 2 adults.:earseek:
I am so glad we booked our rooms while on board back in March. I guess it does pay to book early in some cases.

Cara,
I have been watching the airlines for friends of ours and Delta is the only one that keeps coming back with good fare. I keep telling them the better book but they are waiting for SWA. I don't think SWA will offer anything much better then Delta has.

Muushka
10-16-2003, 02:01 PM
OOOhhh, Padre Disney, kinda scary. I am glad I received my travel stuff from Sam's club the other day with the room number and the price written on it. Otherwise, I would have been afraid I had made a mistake. I wonder why such a difference in price?

Maybe I will give them a call and see what's up with their prices.

tecdavidt
10-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Padre Disney, hello Bev.
What city are your friends flying out of? If Des Moines, better start checking to see if there are any seats available. I had a women ask me who my TA was because her TA told her all flights were booked already, that they would have to fly out of Omaha or KC or maybe Minn.!!! I do remember a few weeks ago American announced they were reducing the size of the planes out of Des Moines. Scary thought for Spring Break when all flights are full. During Spring Break we have taken MD80's out of Des Moines at 6:00 AM and the flight is full! I hope American puts that size of plane in service for Spring Break or else the available seat count will be a lot smaller than previous years. March 20th cruisers keep posting! I will be making our cruise list soon. Kathy

strawberryblonde
10-17-2003, 09:49 AM
We just had our first two "chilly" nights here. Fall is on it's way. Will make looking forward to the cruise all that much more fun ::yes::

Padre Disney
10-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Kathy,
Our family lives in Atlantic. They could fly out of DSM, MCI or OMA. Just called swa today and have tickets for all of us on hold. Not sure yet if we will fly cause we would need 7 tickets and we can drive round trip, food and lodging lots cheaper. BUT it is so nice to fly. We just flew swa non stop and it was GREAT. The tickets we have on hold are out of MCI and NON STOP. So I just need to talk DH into it. He hates to fly so we will see.

dvcmomdeh
10-17-2003, 10:00 AM
I just wish I could book flights. Southwest will have a good deal.... someday. They are only booking out through March 6. ARGH!! It is a gold 45 in Indiana today.

Keep sending sunshine and wishes for the cruise to get here.

Padre Disney
10-17-2003, 10:01 AM
They just opened up through March. Lots of the cheap stuff is GONE. CALL fast

dvcmomdeh
10-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Well.............!!!

We'll be driving. 2 adults very experience, and a new driver 15+ on a permit. Anyone else driving from this far north. Totally missed all of the $79 one way flights. My travel agent even missed them.

Now we have Saturday night at the BCV reserved with DVC points and will most likely lose them.

It should be an awesome cruise despite how we get there. Can't wait. So looking forward to warmer weather and winter hasn't even started yet.

tecdavidt
10-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Padre Disney,
I am lucky because my husband's idea of a vacation is no driving. He doesn't want to take vacation days to drive before the vacation starts. In fact that is why he loves to cruise, can't get much more relaxed than that. I can't remember who our air is with this March, probably American but we have taken Northwest. The air was booked through DCL.

Good luck in trying to fly. It is a lot easier and your vacation really starts as soon as you are in the air terminal. Nonstop flight, you can't go wrong with that. I don't think we every had such luck as to be on a nonstop flight.

One thing I am concerned about is that I have some knee surgery in January and we have DCL transfers. I don't know how I will be riding in the DCL bus. We love watching the little tape and hearing people react when they first see the ship but sitting with my knee bent that severe may not work. If you do fly you need to take the bus just once to enjoy the promo tape and hear the ooh's and ahh's of first time cruisers. Maybe we will take a limo again.

A little reminder to all: WE ARE LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OUT!!! Can you believe it. March 20th will be here before we know it. Maybe we will get that new show by then, the Golden Mickey's? Can't wait to see the changes aboard our lovely ship the Magic.
Kathy

Cara
10-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Bumping for Marilee!

Cara

geffric
10-22-2003, 07:44 AM
We are flying.. using the last of the frequent flyer miles. We are on AA and arriving Friday night. We drove last year for spring break and the traffic was really bad.. it seemed like all of Northern IL had emptied out and drove to Disney..

We are staying Saturday night after the cruise because we couldn't get a flight back and being AP holders - why not? At first I was going to use points and stay at OKW, but hate to waste points for a one night Saturday night stay, so i have been looking for a "deal" .. AP rates aren't out yet and I am not inclinded to pay rack rate for 1 night, so waiting and hoping for AP rates or a Hotwire deal.

MickeyMagic
10-22-2003, 07:49 PM
geffric - I'm sure I read somewhere that the Swan and Dolphin have Entertainment rates out for 2004. I think they also had some AP rates, but not sure if they are good into 2004. It might be a good backup plan while waiting on other AP rates.

mobetsy
10-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Some pixie dust landed on us :D We had enough FF miles for three tickets (no saver deals here, only the standard 40K ones), but not the 4th. Not bad at all, but still... Then the last time dh was travelling (which is how we got all those miles in the first place), he offered to give up his seat for someone else, figuring he could get a little money for it. His offer wasn't taken, oh well. At the last minute, a customer service rep came on the plane and asked him if he'd be willing to get off, and said they'd give him a free ticket anywhere in the US! He was off faster than you can say "Orlando" :bounce: It will add just a little more to our smiles on our way there, knowing all 4 tickets were free! And Cara and I have arranged our flights so that our families will probably even be able to meet at the airport and head to our Friday night hotel together, and to all spend the last Saturday of the cruise together as well. Our dh's call us serial planners because we are becoming so compulsive about every detail ;) I can't wait!!!

geffric
10-23-2003, 07:16 AM
Thanks Mickey Magic - I will check out the rates at Swan and Dophin... I actually bought an entertainment book to help the school,, i never thought of using it for hotel discounts... DUH must be a gray moment..

We/ no , read that me/ are starting to plan for the trip.. it's only 5 months away....:teeth:

Now I have to lose enough weight that i can wear a bathing suit in public and not offend others at the pool. I wonder how many lbs i can lose in 5 months.. especially around the holidays.

:crazy: Oh well

MickeyMagic
10-23-2003, 07:39 AM
geffric - I'm in the same boat (ha - pun intended). I'd like to lose some weight before the cruise, as well. I have quite a bit to lose, but I'd like to be able to not totally cringe when I look at the pics they take onboard! Maybe I'll bop over to the WISH board and get something started!

geffric
10-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Good Idea about the WISH board....meet you over there

Everyone will know my family we are the ones that never miss a dessert or 2 at every meal... Last time on the MAgic..we finished breakfast one morning and DS( then 7 )said he wanted a donut.. so we all went to Topsiders for donuts and fruit loops.

Oh well........ :chat:

Miss Eeyore
10-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Yeah...finally found the thread for the March 20 cruise. I cannot wait. There has been so much turmoil in my life recently that I NEED MY CRUISE! We just recently moved from WA to OR...not such a big thing, you say? But I had never moved before, and all this starting over stuff is the pits. So I am very glad to have booked a Disney cruise during my husband's spring break.

Coming from the west coast to a cruise is always kind of dicey....you cannot afford any potential layover problems. Fortunately Alaska now flies non-stop Seattle or Orlando....a real blessing. Fares were high, and FF tickets unavailable, but I'll bite the bullet for DCL.

I've been on DCL thre times with girlfriends, but this is my dh's first time on Disney.....he's going to love it!

I'll look forward to meeting some of you in person, and anticipating the few months between now and departure.

Cheers.

Marilee

geffric
10-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Welcome Miss Eeyore... glad you found us. It is fun to be able to share the anticipation for the DCL cruise with others.

Hope your move went smotthly.. the hard part is always after you get somewhere else and have to find new doctors, haircut, stores, plumber etc..Good Luck.

See ya on the cruise

Padre Disney
10-25-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks to the boards I was able to call SWA very early as soon as they opened up through March. Have a contract group for 11 seats NON stop out of kc. Got the lower priced flights for all 11 of us. Really can't pass up the fare. YEAH. The whole group will head to Kc on the 17th and spend the night before catching our early flight.
Don't have big plans for the 18th. Spending the 19th at Disney Studios for the day. We love this park. We figure it has the most things for older adults to enjoy. We just did Epcot last year and the studios is our favorite park. Have 2 vans reserves to move our group around for the 2 days before the cruise. After the cruise we have a late afternnon flight so are planning a short stop at downtown Disney.

Our group 12 in all: me & dh, ds 16 1/2, dd 14, dd 11 1/2
mil & fil,
my cousin and his wife & 17 month old dd. cousins wifes parents.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

dvcmomdeh
11-04-2003, 02:31 PM
We decided to take an extra day vacation if necessary, going to keep our points.

Thanks.

Dawn, Rick, Brian (15+) and Amanda (12+)

Padre Disney
11-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey all you 3/20 cruisers.
I would like to know how many of you booked through DU? If you did book with DU are you one of cruiser promised a surprise gift in your room only to have DCL take the gift away? Just curious?

strawberryblonde
11-11-2003, 10:47 AM
We booked with DU (one stateroom) in June 2002 and they were promising the gift at that time.

Padre Disney
11-11-2003, 10:52 AM
We booked three rooms while on board our March 2002 cruise. Came home and talked another family member into joining us and told them about the wonderful gift. So we added another room. FOUR rooms in all for our group alone. :bounce:
At that time our DU paperwork said there was 13 rooms booked.

geffric
11-11-2003, 03:02 PM
We booked thru Dreams and a gift was mentioned.

Padre Disney why would DCL take our gift away????

Padre Disney
11-11-2003, 03:37 PM
geffric,
This is how John explained it on another thread.

Hi All

I know I went into detail about the stateroom gift a few months back on a similar thread on the boards so I won't bore you all with the details again. Needless to say everyone at Dreams Unlimited Travel was very disappointed that DCL changed their incentives and no longer offered the gift 'automatically' when 8 or more staterooms were booked in a non pre-arranged group. Dreams was encouraged to use this as an incentive to try to get our clients to add family and friends to their sail dates - and when it was changed without warning it left us looking like the 'bad guys'.

After several discussions with Disney management we were able to secure the gift for our clients traveling in 2003 where the gift had been already promised, and the number of staterooms on that sailing does not fall below 8. We are working very hard to try to secure the gift for our clients in 2004 and beyond were the sailing has 8 or more staterooms through some alternate avenues available to us.

This is why the count and wording about the gift was removed from the client services page. We did not want anyone else to encourage family and/or friends to sail with them, and use Dreams Unlimited, under the idea that they may be getting the gift.

If anyone is traveling in 2004 and had 8 staterooms booked prior to the wording being removed from your client services page (July 2003) please feel free to write to me directly and I will be happy to see if the gift has been secured for your stateroom/sailing.

Even if that is not the case and you would just like further clarification or information on the stateroom gift I would be happy to answer your questions.

Thanks
John

john@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

confused:
Sure doesn't make me very happy. :(

geffric
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the clarification, I will email John as we booked in Jan 2003.

geffric
11-16-2003, 02:08 PM
getting closer and closer every day..http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/bigfam.gif

Miss Eeyore
11-17-2003, 05:38 PM
I was hoping that someone from this wonderful DIS board might want to be among our tablemates.

We are <slightly> over the hill, full of fun and good conversation. Dining companions have always been one of our favorite parts of cruising.

We have late seating, and would welcome new friends of all ages. We both teach and love kids, and just plain love Disney in general.

Let me know, and then how we go about doing this.

Marilee:wave2: :teacher:

tecdavidt
11-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Hello all. I am finally going to start making our list. March 20 will be here before we know it! Maybe this warm Nov. weather has something to do with it also.:) I know snow is in the forcast for Sunday but I will be wearing shorts tomorrow when our high is suppose to be in the low 70's!!!

This time I think I will list:
-screen name of Dis'er
-how many are coming aka mom, dad, son or daughter with children's ages
-Names of people who would like their names posted
-Stateroom number if you want that posted

I will make a post on this board under the name March 20 cruise list. This will take a bit of time because I will go through each post. I will keep updating this until the day before we leave for the cruise. I also will try to keep it in alphabetical order. This year I will remember to bring the list!!! Last year I forgot it:( . We will hand it out during our meet.

If any you have suggestions of what to add to our info sheet let me know. I like to have the meet during sail away party. That way all the children can see each other and we can state putting names to faces!

Bev--I found your phone number finally! I had it written down on our docs last cruise. Yep, I am crazy, we keep all of our docs from all cruises. Now I only wish I kept the old "key to your wallet" cards. I wish I cold remember the Dis member who started that quote. Congrats on getting to fly down!

Everyone, remember lime green is the DIS board color. I will have my lime green St. Thomas T shirt on! I tried to order a DIS shirt but I couldn't get the site to work with my Mac. If I can remember I will try on my husband Dave's PC.

I am open to anyone's suggestions. If you want to send me an email send to it to me kathyt@raccoon.com If you use Dave's email he will just forword it to me.

Happy Cruising to all! Kathy:sunny:

MickeyMagic
11-19-2003, 09:02 PM
The 4 month mark is tomorrow. Before you know it, we will be in the double digits. :tongue:

MickeyMagic (Sue)
DD12 (Alysha)

Sister Lynda
Her DD14 (TC)
Her DD2 (Amy)

:wave: Can't wait to meet everyone!! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Miss Eeyore
11-20-2003, 01:51 AM
My husband wanted to see what these countdown clocks were, and why I can tell him what out ETD..estimated time of ship departure..will be. I have noticed that all our clocks are a little different. Some are several days different with remarks about the clock being for when they leave for the cruise, but some are only a day or hours off. I know that time zones make for some of this, but it was just interesting to ponder. And then DH said that he surely hoped my clock was accurate because he doesn't want to get all the way there and way to the ship off in the distance.

I told him that wasn't going to happen since we fly the red-eye non-stop and get into MCO at 8 am. Then we'll summon our ground transport, make the grocery stop for water and pop, and we'll be on our way early to the port.

Let's talk some more so I can drive myself even crazier in the next 120 days!

Marilee

dvcmomdeh
11-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Giving us a little bump so that maybe we can get noticed during this long holiday weekend for other March 20 cruizers.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

AboutTheMouse
12-03-2003, 12:36 PM
So, it only took me six months to actually register for these boards! Been lurking and have learned so much. But, alas, I'm an official newbie, so go easy on me.

We cannot wait go go on this cruise (our first ever!). Our cast of characters is me, DH, DS(8), DD(5) and DM(57). Two category 6 cabins on deck 6.

Would love to meet up with others that have kids around the same ages. It is always great for them to make new friends!

I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!

geffric
12-06-2003, 08:40 AM
BUMP.....not too much longer NOW... once the snow clears, it will be just around the corner

mobetsy
12-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Hi, AboutTM! Ch and I will be travelling with ds9 and ds almost 6, and Cara (with whom we are travelling and who has posted on this thread) will be travelling with her dh and dd who turns 9 at the beginning of the cruise. So, that's a couple of kids to match up with both of yours :D We'll both be on deck 7. I am trying so hard not to think about this trip too much because otherwise I would get absolutely nothing else done, but I'll admit that virtually everyone who knows me has heard that we are going!

Padre Disney
12-09-2003, 08:10 AM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

getting closer

dvcmomdeh
12-09-2003, 08:13 AM
How about we add another question to those who are going March 20, 2004?

Where is everyone staying the night before? We are staying at Beach Club Villa's. Hoping to arrive by noon for some swimming at Storm-along Bay.

What are you doing for dinner the night before?

geffric
12-09-2003, 09:20 AM
WE won't be getting into Fla until about 11 pm Friday night and are staying near the airport.

Padre Disney
12-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Arriving around noon Thursday. Staying near the airport for 2 nights at the Comfort Suites. Stayed at the same place in March this year. Worked fine for us. :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Miss Eeyore
12-09-2003, 12:07 PM
We'll be "staying" on Alaska Airlines. ;)

Kent is school principal, and we get only the exact week off. Fortunately for my peace of mind Alaska flies a direct flight Seattle-Orlando at 10 pm. So we will get what sleep we can on the plane, and we arrive in Orlando at 6 am. Don't know what time we will have the limo get us, or if we'll rent a car and drive to the port...but we have a few hours to spend before we can enter the port.

Marilee

....but this time maybe we won't have to angst about being the "first or so" in line in order to do the Palo500....I see where they are not doing reservations till 1, so we can eat a bit first and not worry about getting run over in the mad stampede as they open the ganplank.

Muushka
12-09-2003, 12:53 PM
We are arriving in Orlando on Wed. Staying for 2 nights at a 2 BR at OKW (for my birthday bash :) ). Then on Fri we are off to the Raddison by the DCL. Anyone meeting there on the Fri before the cruise?

AboutTheMouse
12-09-2003, 01:07 PM
We are arriving on Friday evening (6 pm, barring a delay) and staying at the Hyatt MCO.

Does anyone know when the first shuttle leaves the airport for the port?

Mobetsy - I'd love for the kids to meet up on the ship! We could introduce them in advance, but this trip is a surprise for my two. I haven't yet figured out when or how to tell them.

We're almost in double digits!

mobetsy
12-09-2003, 05:50 PM
We are arriving at MCO around 9 PM on Friday night, meeting Cara's family, and all staying at the Fairfield Inn near the airport (hmmm, I think that's right...made the reservations a while ago).

AboutTM, that would be great to "introduce" our kids if you can figure out a good way; my younger ds can be intimidated by new situations, and our goal is to have him think he already knows a few kids who will be in the same age group with him! They have been patient kiddos, as we booked in Oct. 2002 and they've known about it the whole time.

geffric
12-10-2003, 05:01 PM
100 days until we sail away!!!!http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cartoon/1238.gif

My boys are 10 and 12 - He will be 1 week short of 13 on the cruise. Anyone else have boys near the same age as mine???

mobetsy we are staying at the Fairfield Inn by the airport too.

Muushka
12-10-2003, 06:49 PM
100 days until we sail away!!!!

Cool! Does that mean that tomorrow starts the double-digit-dance??

Cara
12-11-2003, 09:53 AM
Hello! Our family (OK, I!) are getting very excited!!! I am posting today for the sole purpose of seeing my countdown clock post at below 100 days!! teehee

Cara

strawberryblonde
12-11-2003, 10:21 AM
Double Digit Cha-Cha-Cha ! :hyper: :boat: :jumping1:

tecdavidt
12-11-2003, 08:03 PM
We are staying at the Airport Hyatt the night before. I haven't checked our thread for a while. We leave on our Princess cruise in 2 weeks 2 days! Can't wait for that one--it is suppose to be 8 tonight:( . I really don't like winter, I need my palm trees and ocean surf.:sunny: Kathy

mobetsy
12-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Two cruises in only a few months...that is wonderful! Where are you going on the Princess one?

tecdavidt
12-13-2003, 07:25 PM
I haven't checked our thread for a while, sorry. We leave Dec. 27th for our 7 day Princess cruise aboard the Dawn Princess. Port of embarkation is San Juan, then off to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Granada, Isla Margarite, Aruba and a day at sea. I love the ports but wish we had at least two days at sea. If you ever get a chance to do New Year's Eve aboard a cruise GO!

We did our first New Year's Eve cruise last year and it was amazing. Next year it probably won't happen, Christmas falls on a Sat. and most cruises leave on Sat. or Sun for the 7 days. The Magic does leave on Tues. then the following Tues. the Magic will do a 4 day then they will be back in their normal 7 day rotation.(the changes are because of the 10 cruise over Christmas) It is a western. I am trying to talk hubby into it but not getting far. Our daughter would have to miss some school and he is against that.

We also only cruise during non-boating season here in Iowa. We have a boat that we live on every weekend from the first weekend of April to the last weekend in Oct. I wish we lived in Florida! Then we could take our boat over to the Bahamas. Oh well, dream on. That is why our cruises always end up close together. Actually my favorite time at Castaway Cay is Aug. Like that will ever happen again. By the way, to those who thought Iowa had no water, ;) We do! and lots of it. Unfortunately, it is frozen in the winter:( . That is why we love to cruise.

Off topic, I have been working on our list! It will be posted soon. We have about 18 different Diser's going! I can hardly wait. Kathy

Cara
12-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Horrors! We just dropped down to the second page, and we can't have that! LOL. I just made my final payment to DU today. Hooray!!! T-minus 89 days and counting...

Cara

geffric
12-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Cara, I didn't think our final payment was due to Dreams for a while ..I guess I better check..

3 more months to go :teeth:

Cara
12-21-2003, 08:57 PM
Ours was not due until Jan. 19, but I will not get another paycheck until Jan. 31. Wanted to pay it while I had it. LOL!

Cara

geffric
12-22-2003, 07:57 AM
Thanks Cara, I have been planning on using my commission check etc for the last payment. They don't come until the end of the month..glad you clarified that.. thanks.. see you real soon:wave:

disneyme
12-22-2003, 10:24 AM
I would be interested in seeing the newsletter. How do I get it?princess:

tecdavidt
12-26-2003, 10:16 PM
Bumping us up to the top. Well, we will be off tomorrow for our Princess cruise. Normally we would be leaving frigid temps but this year it is great! We can't complain about 40 to 50 in late Dec. Shoot, one Jan. cruise it was only 51 for a high in Miami!!! with 61 in Key West but then it was below zero here in Iowa when we left.

I have a list of our group hand written. Dave printed our thread out and oh my, it was a little over 1/2" thick on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. When we get back I have my knee surgery so I will have lots of computer time to get this list posted. So any new March 20 cruisers please post so I can add your name to the list. Only 83 days to go!!! I can hear the ship's horn now. Kathy

Miss Eeyore
12-31-2003, 03:46 AM
Bumping us towards the top of the list again.

Its getting closer!

Marilee :bounce:

dvcmomdeh
12-31-2003, 07:10 AM
It's roughly 55 work days for me.

Cara
01-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Just posting to say we are going on our long-awaited cruise THIS YEAR! Heck, this WINTER! (Well, the cruise STARTS in the winter season anyway!) Since we booked in 2002, we thought it would never get here!!! WOOHOO!

Cara

Magicboundagain4
01-01-2004, 04:11 PM
We are on the March 20th cruise!! I have been a lurker for the last couple of years. But everything I did on the last cruise made my cruise perfect because of these boards.

This will be our 2nd Disney 7 night cruise. Our last one was March 2, 2002.

I am traveling with DH, DS15, DS14, DD8 and DD8 and my mother we have 3 rooms 2 of which are adjoining. 6072 and 6074 and my mom 6078.

We are starting to make our packing pile and are very excited.

We are driving down on March 16th and will arrive at the raddison on the 18th...go to Discovery Cove on the 19th and be at parrot cay at lunch time on the 20th. WAHOO!!!!!:Pinkbounc :wave:

geffric
01-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Still looking for boys for my sons to hang with.. DS #1 will be 12 turning 13 on cruise and DS #2 is 10 1/2 5 th grade.. any one want to hang out with some fun Boy scouts...

also, Dh hates wine.. i am looking for a group to go to the wine tasting with.. anyone mind me tagging along???

Cara
01-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Welcome Magicbound!!

Geffric, in our group of two families we have a nine-year-old boy, my DD, who will be turning nine on the cruise, and a five-year-old boy.

Magicbound, my DD and my friend's (mobetsy!) DS will likely meet your girls in the Lab!

Cara

Magicboundagain4
01-04-2004, 07:31 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Thanks for the Welcome!!!

DDs both eight will probably want to spend a lot of time in their club. Last time they would not let me pick them up at night until the club closed...they were afraid they would miss something. I would have to stay awake til midnight because I could not get them out of there. Hopefully this trip they will be more willing to leave...especially if they have new friends that have gone to bed.

babs4
01-04-2004, 08:20 PM
DD age 11 is looking for some other girls in the 11 & 12 age group that will be cruising with us in March. If there are any out there that would like to e-mail her they can do so at: babusiak@jorsm.com.

Can't wait to sail, it will be our 3rd. disney cruise!

mobetsy
01-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Geffric, my ds#1 is the 9 y.o. Cara mentioned; I'm sure he'll be delighted to meet your son, as he is very outgoing. In an effort to keep his mind focused on something other than the cruise (unlike his mother's!), we're sort of trying to downplay it a bit right now, but in early Feb. why don't you have your ds e-mail us, and I'm sure Stephen would like to reply. He's a Cub Scout, and I've been meaning to take a look through his handbook to see what he might cover while on the cruise!

Babs4, welcome to the group; it's hard to believe we'll be underway before too much longer :D

I made our final payment yesterday :bounce:

geffric
01-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Thanks mobetsy.. Eric is a cub scout too but he is bridging to Boy Scouts in February..That will be great for them to email in Feb..we are at geffric@yahoo.com

Padre Disney
01-05-2004, 08:08 AM
babs4
Our youngest DD is 11 1/2 and would love to chat with your DD. I gave her your DD email. My DD email is: smileyleah@msn.com

Miss Eeyore
01-09-2004, 12:23 AM
OK guys....I'll do the duty this time and BUMP us back to the top.....we were buried on page 3!!!!!

Only about 10 days till final payments are due, for those not paying with points. And the cruise documents and shore excursions should be arriving soon.

Is anyone here interested in being adventurous with Kent and I, and making our own way over to St. John and Trunk Bay? I think I have it figured out, but we'd love the company.

geffric
01-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Miss Eeyore I PMed you re the trip...

dvcmomdeh
01-09-2004, 07:52 AM
In hopes of not having my kids be disappointed at all during the cruise. I mean, how could they? Anyway....

Could you have your 15 yo boys (interested in football or track -shot put) or 13 yo girls (interested in gymnastics or basketball or boys) contact my kids through my email below.

We calculate only 48 more work days for us and we are off for driving from Indiana to Orlando for the Friday night before the cruise at BCV.

Can't wait to meet some of you on board.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

AboutTheMouse
01-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Miss Eeyore,

We are tenatively planning on going to St. John Trunk Bay, too. I haven't decided if we should do the excursion or venture out on our own, though. I'm a little nervous about missing the ship, since I think that we need to be on board by 4:30.

BTW - does anyone know what the "best" excursions are for the Eastern? The review pages don't have a ton of information. I've been through the cruise board, too, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info other than the rave reviews for Trunk Bay and the dolphin swim.

We're at 70 days until we leave here! Looking at the snow falling outside, I can't wait for some beach time!

tecdavidt
01-09-2004, 06:56 PM
We are back from our Princess cruise. Aruba was great, seas wear rough but temps were hot! Princess was so so, nothing to make us go again on that line. We thought the ship was boring at night. Now, I have a list started and will post it soon. Our final payment is sent! Can't wait to get back on the Magic. I can hear the sail away party now. Kathy

Miss Eeyore
01-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Bumping to the top again. I've heard from a couple of folks that they want to do Trunk Bay not on an excursion. There has been a lot of information available about doing this, and I think we just have to step out as brave explorers. We'll talk more as the time draws closer.

We are ten weeks out guys....ten weeks.

We'll just watch the trip reports of those twn weeks just fly by.

Muushka
01-10-2004, 09:01 AM
We may be willing to be brave explorers :D . It would be just the 2 of us (me and MR Muushka (AKA husband)).

We look forward to seeing what type of plans we can come up with!

Magicboundagain4
01-10-2004, 03:32 PM
I wish this was our Saturday to board and sail off....just dreaming of March 20th as I watch the ship today and know they are preparing to sound the horn and head off to the Carribean.

Nevetswitz
01-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Hey, i haven't checked the boards out in awhile but i just finished reading everything...are there any more 17 year olds out there???? there has to be more...so if ur around this age then post a message or sumthin

geffric
01-12-2004, 08:29 AM
We brought out the tapes from our last 7 day cruise.. now everyone is REAL excited..

dvcmomdeh
01-12-2004, 08:33 AM
I brought out the scrapbook/photo album. I seem to be the only one interested. DH tells me that it is still to early. Little does he know we need to get fitted for tuxes in a couple weeks. Documents should be arriving soon.

geffric
01-12-2004, 08:59 AM
I am already starting to obsess about buying underwater disposible cameras for snorkeling, ( what kind how many) how much change I need for the laundry, bringing snorkels or "renting"..what to do for St Martins, will I get enough weight off to be able to eat all those desserts and still fit into my bathing suit.....as well as worry that i picked late dinner and maybe that is a mistake..

See ya real soon

Magicboundagain4
01-12-2004, 08:39 PM
I went shopping yesterday and picked up a bunch of my list stuff I needed for the cruise....cameras, travel clock and lots of fun stuff.....If only it was time to leave. I am gradually trying to get stuff organized...it seems to make the time go by faster.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

MickeyMagic
01-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi all!!! :wave:

This is starting to become a reality after waiting for months and months - booked onboard while sailing on the 10-17-02 Wonder cruise. I guess knowing that my final payment is due in a few days is a very good reminder of the reality of it all!!!

geffric - You mentioned you'd like company at the Wine Tasting seminar. Me, too! Maybe we can sign up for one of them together and maybe get some other DISers to join us. I'm certainly not a wine connoisseur, but would like to learn more and do a bit of sampling.
:crazy: (well, maybe not that much sampling!!)

We (DD11 and I) sailed on the Eastern Magic 1-19-02 and did the Golden Eagle Catamarran excursion in Saint Maarten along with about 40 other DISers. It was a blast. Anyone interested in doing the morning excursion? It would be my DD11 and me and probably my nephew 14.

We also did the 5 Star Snorkel to St. John's on the Leylon Sneed the last time. It was okay. Time in St. John's was way too short and the boat nearly left without us!! I was trying to figure out how to do St. John's on our own, but am nervous about getting back. It would be my sister and her two kids (DS14 and DD2-1/2), my DD11 and me. I'm apprehensive about taking the 2-1/2 year-old, but she can't go to the club because she is not fully potty-trained and it sounds like Flounders would be a bore for her.

Any other suggestions for excursions in St. Thomas and/or St. John's?

Well, this got very long in a hurry.
:earseek:

Counting the days!!!

Nevetswitz
01-12-2004, 11:04 PM
For all the teenagers we should make a group or something....i dono, but it might be cool

dvcmomdeh
01-13-2004, 09:10 AM
I am revisiting the issue of renting a one night studio at BCV either before or after this cruise, so for Friday 3/20 or Saturday 3/27. Currently the ressie if for 3/27, but maybe we could get it changed. Anyone interested, maybe we could go for $5/point. Let me know.

Padre Disney
01-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Kathy,
We are adding another person to our group of 12.
Our son is bringing his girlfriend along on the trip with us. He just got back on new years eve day from a RCCL Mariner cruise and 3 days at USF with her and her family. Since our oldest daughter will be on the Mariner over Spring break we had the extra room for another person.

geffric
01-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by MickeyMagic

geffric - You mentioned you'd like company at the Wine Tasting seminar. Me, too! Maybe we can sign up for one of them together and maybe get some other DISers to join us. I'm certainly not a wine connoisseur, but would like to learn more and do a bit of sampling.
:crazy: (well, maybe not that much sampling!!)

We (DD11 and I) sailed on the Eastern Magic 1-19-02 and did the Golden Eagle Catamarran excursion in Saint Maarten along with about 40 other DISers. It was a blast. Anyone interested in doing the morning excursion? It would be my DD11 and me and probably my nephew 14.

Sounds great to me.. let's arrange a time to do the wine tasting and maybe some tohers will want to join us.

I will check on the Golden catamarran and see if the boys want to do that..

We are getting excited over here.

:earseek:

Magicboundagain4
01-13-2004, 08:04 PM
[COLOR=limegreen]:Pinkbounc :bounce: I made my final payment....yippee!!!! Now I just wait for our travel docs!!! I told TA to call me when they come in and I will pick up!!!!

tecdavidt
01-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Thought you would all enjoy this tidbit. As we all know DCL prices go up as the cruise nears. I talked to our TA today and she booked a family of 4 on our cruise in a Cat. 6. This family paid the same amount of money for their cat. 6 as what we paid for our cat. 3!!! They have 4 people and we have 3. It does pay to book early and I can tell all there is no way I would pay a cat. 3 price for a cat. 6.

Another tidbit. For those who might be going to Barbados after March 1, 04 you will need a passport, even for children. No longer will cruise ship passengers be allowed on the island with only their birth cert. Her words were, get your daughter a passport because the other islands will follow the Barbados lead. She was wondering how she was going to tell the families she has booked on Spring Break cruises that stop in Barbados that, if you want to visit that port you will have to have a passport. Ouch.

Today we received in the mail the excursion packet. The cruise will be here before we know it. Kathy

Miss Eeyore
01-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Rats !!!!! I can't even go check to see if we got ours....my DH is not home tonight, and he has the mail key.

Rats, rats, rats.

Marilee :mad:

lisa6191
01-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Will we get an excursion packet in the mail if we booked through DU?

This is my first post on this thread, so I guess I should introduce myself. I am Lisa, and will be traveling with my DH David, DS Jason 9, and DS Evan 6. We are traveling with another family - Mike, Pam, DD Rachel will be 12 on the cruise! and DS Henry 9. We will be in adjoining Cat 10 rooms on deck 7. This is the first Disney cruise for all of us and we are very excited!! I recognize a couple of names from when we first booked this cruise, but then I've just sort of been lurking on the boards periodically since then. I paid our balance last week though so now I am getting into full planning mode!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

-Lisa

Magicboundagain4
01-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Howdy Lisa!!!!

You will be getting your excursion info in the mail now that you have made final payment as well as a bunch of other info. I just paid my TA and as soon as it arrives in her travel office...I told her to call me and I will pick it up!!

Like you I am in full planning mode now. MyDH, DS 15, DS 13 and twin DD 8 will be traveling by RV from Iowa and arriving a few days before the cruise to do Discovery Cove in Orlando. This is our 2nd Disney Cruise.

geffric
01-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi Lisa.. there are several 9 year old boys on the cruise, my DS#2 is 10, DS#1 is 12 turning 13 on cruise.. looking forward to meeting everyone in a few short weeks....

BTW.. I am now REAL EXCITED .. just made our payment and recieved the email from Dreams to book our shore excursions...

Susan

lisa6191
01-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi Mobetsy -

I sent you a PM, but lately the boards have not been notifying me about my PM's so I figured I'd better post here too so you know. I wanted to see if we could introduce our younger sons before the trip (it's all in the PM :-)).

Thanks,
Lisa

strawberryblonde
01-16-2004, 10:13 AM
I made our final payment to DU yesterday and recieved an email for booking excursions ! It is really going to happen, finally :). After all of this waiting our cruise is nearly here.:hyper:

mobetsy
01-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Lisa, I didn't get your PM, so I'm glad you posted here! Your boys are just the same age as mine :D DS#1 was 9 last Nov., and DS#2 will be 6 a month after we get back. I am waiting until Feb. to get them hooked up with cruising pals, but it will be fabulous to do so. I am particularly concerned about the younger one, who tends to be wary of new things, so I want him to think he already knows one or two kids who will be in the Club with him! We are travelling with Cara, and her dd will turn 9 on the trip.

MickeyMagic, I am pretty sure that our family and Cara's will be booking the Golden Eagle excursion, and I'm guessing it will be for the morning. I'm delighted to hear that it was as much fun as the description makes it sound :cool:

You all are getting your excursion packets and I haven't gotten mine yet :( Dh is away on business for a week and I really need a few "take me away" moments. Time to get out the DCL video, I guess!

Miss Eeyore
01-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Since we cannot arrive a day early, and thus arrive from the left coast about 6 am Saturday after flying all night, we were torn about how to get to the port. On our last two cruises we took the DCL shuttle......didn't really know of other ways to do this. I think all the alternative means of transport have cropped up in the past few years.

Anyway, the thought of a limo arrival was so tempting, but alas not too practical. So I have made arrangements with Budget for two one-way rentals. We can pick our car up as soon as we get our luggage, and drive off to the port about 7 or so. That will give us enough time at the port to visit WalMart for sodas and bottled water, and anything else we have figured out we forgot (there is always something, isn't there?) DH will drop me and the luggage off at the terminal and scoot back over to Budget to drop the car and then rejoin me in time to enter the terminal. Since we will only have the car about 3 hours, they only charged us $15.

We'll pick up another rental at the port, visit the Space Center, drive back to Orlando and go to Downtown Disney, back to the airport to spend the night, and drop the car back at Budget Sunday morning before we catch our flight home.

This is only going to cost us $65 total for the two of us....not bad compared to other means of transport. I am glad to have the reservations made and confirmed....we don't have all that much longer to wait.

I keep putting all the little "things" for the cruise in one bureau drawer, and reminding my DH not to let me forget where I'm putting them!

Marilee princess:

tecdavidt
01-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Ok all, I have the unofficial list compiled for our cruise. Now please email me at kathyt@raccoon.com for any changes/additions needed. As of today we only have 59 days to go! It would be nice if the list was the first posting on this thread but I don't know how to do that since I am not a mod. LOL but if a mod. reads this please feel free to put this list posting at the beginning of our thread. It would make it a lot easier on us March 20 cruisers.

Now before we go on the cruise I will have copies of this list printed out (I will remember this year :rolleyes: I forgot last year) If we decide we want room no. added I will do that right before I print out the list or we can just hand write them on after the list is passed out.

Now I suggest for the meet we do it right before the sail-away party. Starboard (right) side of the ship looking down on the family pool (Goofy pool). Again the Dis board people wear lime green ribbon or clothing. It is fun to see our faces right away and then we feel like we know people already:D . If anybody has any suggestions on the meet, please post because we don't have to have it right before sail-away.
Kathy:cool:

dvcmomdeh
01-20-2004, 07:57 AM
My DH and DS (16) would like to know what others are wearing as far as formal wear. DS wanted a white dinner jacket and black slacks, DH says that all black is more formal, anyone have other ideas.

41 more work days for me.......

geffric
01-20-2004, 08:39 AM
dvcmomdeh - DH is wearing a black suit, white shirt and tie and DS#1 and DS#@ are wearing navey blazers and kakhi pants with white shirts and ties.

Not sure what i am going to wear.. depend on my weight. :teeth:

Padre Disney
01-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Update on our group of 13 :earseek:
We are driving to KC on the 17th to spend the night before our early monring flights on the 18th. Have nonstop SWA flights on the 18th. How early are all of us needing to arrive at the airport so that we have half a chance of getting seats together?
We decided to stay our 2 nights (18th & 19th) before the cruise at POP CENTURY. Have three rooms for our group of 13. Anyone else in WDW before the cruise? On Saturday morning the 20th we have the HUMMERZINE with Happy Limo reserved for the ride to the port. We can't wait :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: So when you see the stretch hummer around noon it will be us.
What grocery store near WDW do most of you shop at?

Cara
01-20-2004, 01:24 PM
My DH owns a tux, so he will wear that at least for formal night, and possibly for semi-formal night as well. I am SO EXCITED! We made our shore excursion reservations today!! WOOHOO!!

Cara

tecdavidt
01-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Dave will wear his tux on formal night. I will wear a black cocktail dress. Hey Bev, when I see that Hummerzine going down the road I will know who it is :) sounds fun. 58 days and counting down. Kathy

mobetsy
01-20-2004, 06:49 PM
I have no idea what dh will be wearing for formal and semi-formal nights; that is in his hands, though don't be surprised if there's a Men's Warehouse tag still dangling from whatever it is :) 9 y.o. ds will be in a charcoal grey suit w/ tie, because even though I got it on super clearance at Sears, I am still determined he will get more than the two wearings he needed it for here at home. Besides, he wants to look like James Bond and to impress Cara's dd :cool: 5 y.o. ds has begun to wear long pants after 3 years of not doing so, but he prefers sweat pants, so it is possible he will have on a jacket and tie (because he likes to look like a waiter) w/ black sweat pants...at least it will make us easy to pick out! I have somehow ended up with more formal clothes than I needed (I guess that's what happens when you have 18 mos+ to plan for a cruise) and will be delighted to be in any of them!

Wow, Padre, a stretch hummer? What a way to arrive :D

Cara
01-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Betsy, if having him in sweats is the worst of your problems, then you are in pretty good shape, IMO!

strawberryblonde
01-21-2004, 04:34 PM
My DH will be wearing his military formal "mess dress" tux. It is navy (AirForce) instead of white or black but I think he will still look sharp. My DS wants a white tux and his Dad wants it to be black, don't know who will win out yet on that one. I'll most likely wear my black long dress, it's a two piece and very comfortable. Thing is, black isn't really my best color, I'm fair and freckled, oh well, nothing looks as dressed up as black. Will black clash with my DH's navy? DD has a couple of dressy dresses to choose from plus a couple deluxe princess costumes as well. I'll leave it up to her what she wears for the formal nights.

Magicboundagain4
01-21-2004, 06:21 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave: My DH and DS 15 (isaac) and DS 13 (Jacob) will be in black tuxedos. The boys wore tuxes two years ago and had fun and they like the photo they brought home with them in tuxes....on semi formal night I have a little more trouble getting them dressed up. They would be happier in Dockers and shirts by the time semi formal night comes around and that is if I can even get them to eat with us. by then they are usually engrossed in all their new friends.

We will be arriving on the 18th to go to Discovery Cove. We will be arriving in our RV as I make my husband drive to Florida each time. He loves me for that : ) He will be jet lagged after spending 3 weeks in India and Vietnam and he will fly home on the 14th and then I make him go on our DCL trip on the 16th He pretty much drives the whole time and I try and keep the kids from fighting to much, if that is possible. Anyway my point being....the trip to KC sounds great with a flight out non-stop. Then a hummerzine trip to the port. Sounds like lots of fun. I know my hubby will be jealous.:wave: :wave: :wave:

buckeyefans
01-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Getting really excited about our first Disney Cruise! Travelling with extended family, but would like to hear from anyone with children close to my kids' ages: son (leap yr baby) 12, son 9 and daughter 5. We have reserv to do Dolphin Encounter, also Banana Boat ride at 2:00 pm. We're from Columbus, Ohio and it's really cold here now; can't wait to share the ship with you!

geffric
01-22-2004, 07:27 AM
buckeyefans I PMed you, my boys are 12 and 10.. 7th and 5 th grade respectively.. if you want the kids can email each other..
Also there are a lot of 9 year old boys from the DIS going on this trip. Check out the unoffical Cruise list of DISers going on this cruise at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=495527

buckeyefans
01-22-2004, 08:06 AM
yes, maybe they can e-mail each other. i'm still learning how to navigate this message board place, sorry. love the computer and look forward to writing more! i'm late for work, so better go for now, more tonight.

mobetsy
01-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Welcome, buckeyefans! Not too cold here in So Cal...though my son did have to put on a shirt w/ his swim trunks to play in the sprinklers on Sunday :D

I have a 9 y.o. son and one who is 5, and as you'll see from the list, there are a couple of others in both age groups. I hope to get both my boys doing a little e-mailing come Feb.

Edit: I just saw on the other thread for this cruise that your son's b'day is 12/3...he was born the day we were married! Pretty darned exciting to get the occasional real celebration, huh?

Cruzin' Kels
01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone...my name is kelsey :earsgirl: im 14 years old and i am padre disneys daughter ::yes:: im gonna be on the 3/20 magic cruise. hopefully there are other teen people that are going on the same cruise :D if yuh wanna talk to me...my sn is cruzinbabe2008 well c yuh then...
~KeLs~
:tongue: buh byez :wave2:

smiley leah
01-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Lisa6191,

Hi this is smiley leah. I am Padre Disneys Daughter. I was wondering what family are you cruising with? I heard that their girl is going to be 12 on the cruise. I will be almost 12. Do they speak on the dis boards? That would be great if you could tell me.:Pinkbounc :bounce:

-Smiley Leah ,
bye bye:wave:

Padre Disney
01-26-2004, 10:55 AM
:bounce: :bounce: As you all can see the kids are REALLY getting excited about the cruise.::yes::

We got our rewards card in the mail on Saturday and I picked up some Mickey stickers from home depot!!!!!

Today we gave our notice that our last day to throw the morning newpaper will be on 2/29. Big weight off our shoulders!!!

Guess we can all start watching for documents:Pinkbounc

I can't wait to do the documents dance. :tongue: :tongue:

More snow today!!:(

AboutTheMouse
01-29-2004, 09:59 AM
OK, My turn to bump us up!

dvcmomdeh
01-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks to a tip from an email group we belong to our kids can now go parasailing. At 15 and 12 Disney won't take them together, so they'll get to go while at St. Thomas.

WOO HOO!! They'll of course be more excited than I, but I am excited for them, especially the 12 yo. She was only 10 when we cruised last and daddy didn't want to go twice so she had to wait till this trip.

Sam's Club had lime green shirts for $4.00 I'm thinking of getting four of them... Looking forward to seeing you all real soon.

geffric
01-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Dawn please tell me more.. my boys are 10 and 12.. can they parasail??

dvcmomdeh
01-30-2004, 07:27 AM
I got this information from the cruisetalk email group that we belong to. Shoretrips.com is an independent travel company I think. 888-355-0220. I spoke with Melanie. I told her that my kids wanted to go parasailing and DH and I don't Rick and Brian went last time, so we thought we'd let Brian and Amanda go together. Disney doesn't afford the kind of insurance, I guess, that allows them to take anyone under 18 up by themselves or with others. I asked about parasailing at St. Thomas because we know we'll be shopping at St. Marteen, plus we want to spend as much time on the ship as possible. The price was $68 per person and she made it sound like we get to go on the both with them. There may be a charge for that but I'll find out more when I call 2 weeks before we sail since we don't have our documents we don't know what day we'll be in St. Thomas; I'm betting it will be the 24th. It would be great if maybe we could do it together.

Magicboundagain4
01-30-2004, 09:32 PM
:bounce: :wave: :Pinkbounc :hyper: Oh my will it ever warm up above zero.....I can't take much more of this.... I don't want to go anywhere I just want to sit by the fire and dream about it being our turn to board the Magic and sail away and eat and eat and eat. Tomorrow a.m. when I get up I am going to the port canaveral web cam just to see it and then I am going to put on every warm thing I own and go to basketball games and a show choir concert....and then maybe tomorrow night it will be March 20th and we will be aboard and off on our journey....just playing make believe....but soon very very soon it will be our turn.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

MickeyMagic
01-31-2004, 09:13 PM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc 7 weeks to go :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Magicboundagain4
02-01-2004, 09:56 PM
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Where are our cruise documents. Has anyone received theirs yet...I go to the mailbox everyday...even on Sunday incase I missed something : ) Oh and for those of you who aren't residing in the midwest....we are in the middle of a big snowstorm and have just come through a bitterly awful cold snap....which makes me all the more anxious for March 20th...I just want to go to where the water is blue and the wind is warm.

tecdavidt
02-02-2004, 12:39 PM
We don't expect to see our DOC's until the end of the month. They might surprise us and get here sooner but I doubt it. Snow and more snow here! I guess mother nature is making up for the above normal temps we had in Dec. & Jan. I need heat, the ocean and palm trees now! Husband wanted to book a quick get-a-way but I can't fly until the cruise:( , ( simple knee & foot surgery). Rats. Kathy

geffric
02-02-2004, 12:51 PM
For some reason I can't get the boys to focus on the cruise...whenerver, i bring up excursions et al.. they give me the "look" and say MOM is that crusie all that you think about??
..:crazy:

Anyway, dvcmomdeh , thanks for the info on parasailing.. I will check it out.. but I think we will be the family that is waiting in the LONG lines on the ship to sign up for excusions, if there is any room left on them...Bother>>
:mad:

AboutTheMouse
02-02-2004, 03:55 PM
I know the feeling about getting my DH to focus on excursions. Between him and my mom, all I get is "you did the research, whatever you think is fine". But if I book something that they don't want to do ... you might find me hanging overboard!

At some point I think that they will wake up and realize that this trip is only 46 days away!

More snow here tonight. Keep thinking about warm sun, sand and palm trees!

mobetsy
02-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Because I tend to be just a teeny bit obsessive about planning in every way, and yet don't want to over-prepare...I'm wondering if any of you are worrying about sea lice (and thus bringing Sea Safe) or if you think it is early enough in the year to stay clear of them?

These are the sorts of things I am pondering when I should be working...

strawberryblonde
02-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Funny, I was just thinking of ordering some today. Should I get more than one bottle for my family of 4?

geffric
02-03-2004, 07:50 PM
So tonight at dinner, we discussed the parasailing and my boys reminder me that in Jurasic Park 3 that the boy and his DAD are parasailing and they get lost on the island and the Dad gets eaten and the boys is alone on Isle N..

So does that mean that they don't want to go parasailing or that they don't want their Dad to go so that he doesn't get eaten???

tecdavidt
02-03-2004, 08:09 PM
We have never brought Sea Safe lotion on any of our cruises and we have never had a problem. I guess March and August aren't problems months? I do pack a lot of the sun screen we prefer to use, Coppertone Sport SPF 30. It is nongreasy and waterproof, sweatproof and works.

I have been going over the excursion info and all my husband tells me is that I over whelm him. Hmm. I take that as, "we haven't planned in the past so why now." I guess we will wing it.

Geffric, good question on the boys, why don't you ask them? Since they are males they may just be making a statement LOL.

Lets see, we have 44 days to go!!!! Yes, we are freezing and the snow is just getting deeper and deeper. Think warm, ocean and swaying palm trees.
Kathy

MickeyMagic
02-03-2004, 09:55 PM
A foot of snow Sunday - Monday and now more cold!! It will make the cruise that much more enjoyable!!! :sunny:

Magicboundagain4
02-03-2004, 11:23 PM
:( :( And might I add ,lots more snow coming Thursday....they are already talking about cancelling school Thursday for my 4 kids....They have to go to School or I just can't get my work done. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!! I really hate winter lately especially after the last 2.5 weeks.

My husband is in Argentina right now where it is very very warm and I am feeling sorry for myself because it is very very blustery cold and snowy.

I think I need a Bahama Mama right about now!!!:crazy: :crazy:

tecdavidt
02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Everyone--go get your Jimmy Buffet CD and put it on and turn up the volume! Can't hurt. We are expecting another 4 to 7" in the next 24 hours. We have now broken our annual record for snowfall for one year. Kathy

Padre Disney
02-05-2004, 08:39 AM
someone on the 3/14 4 day got their docs. Ours should be coming soon!!!!:hyper: :hyper:

geffric
02-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Padre Disney
someone on the 3/14 4 day got their docs. Ours should be coming soon!!!!:hyper: :hyper: If the mailman can find the mailbox under the snow:teeth:
another 3-8 inches here...I need to feel the warm sun on my face and hear my children laugh as the go down the slide at the Mickey pool, smell the ocean air...

strawberryblonde
02-05-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing my docs ::yes:: , couldn't help notice the 3/14 cruiser getting theirs, lol. Sometimes people don't get them until 2 weeks before so I'm trying not to expect them (and yet here I am......expecting :hyper: )

Miss Eeyore
02-06-2004, 01:56 AM
The journey begins for us "left coasters" six weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Padre Disney
02-06-2004, 01:52 PM
DOC DANCE!!!! DOC DANCE!!!
We just got docs for one of our 2 rooms. YEAH!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
::yes::

strawberryblonde
02-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Yeah for you :)!! I just got on to post that my DOCS came today, just now :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: !! I can't believe I got them so soon. I have to go read them now.......:hyper:

Magicboundagain4
02-06-2004, 02:50 PM
:bounce: :sunny: :bounce: :Pinkbounc We just got our cruise docs for our adjoining rooms. UPS just delivered them. Doc. Dance:Pinkbounc :crazy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Padre Disney
02-06-2004, 03:36 PM
:bounce:
Our sons girlfriend got her docs, My cousins mil got hers.
We have five different addresses between four rooms holding 13 people. :bounce:
We are sooooo excited......

Miss Eeyore
02-06-2004, 04:03 PM
I can't remember if docs arrive via fedex, ups, or certified mail. The mail has not come yet, so don't know if I'll have a little slip to go pick up IMPORTANT mail.

Marilee

geffric
02-06-2004, 05:11 PM
My mail is not here yet..will they come today??:bounce:

i don't want to wait any longer...:wave:

tecdavidt
02-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh I can't wait any longer! Snow, snow and more snow. I want to start filling out my docs. Kathy

Padre Disney
02-06-2004, 06:48 PM
ours came UPS this time. One other time a few years ago they came fed ex.

Cara
02-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Joining in on the document dance!!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Ours came UPS!!! Hooray! Hooray!

Cara

mobetsy
02-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Ours haven't come...I guess mail takes longer to the west coast. You can guess who will be watching out the window for the UPS truck, though.

MickeyMagic
02-06-2004, 11:24 PM
We are dancing, too!!! Docs came UPS today. Good way to start the weekend!!! :teeth:

Miss Eeyore
02-07-2004, 12:25 AM
I'll be on the hunt for the UPS man or the Fedex guy tomorrow too. Pouting because everything takes longer to get to the west coast.

geffric
02-07-2004, 08:00 AM
We didn't get ours yet.. but maybe today or Monday...maybe UPS is haveing a hard time due to all the snow?? I am going to try and not look our the window all day long today...waiting..