PDA

View Full Version : R: Sweet Potato Casserole With Praline Topping

Beth E. (NJ)
05-18-2001, 01:58 PM
Sweet Potato Casserole With Praline Topping

Doesn't this sound yummy? It's kind of cool and drizzly here today and this just sounded so warm and good. I got it from a friend and haven't tried it yet.

Sweet Potato Casserole With Praline Topping

Yields: 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup stick margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and halved (about 2-1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg white
1 (5-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring to form a streusel. Set aside. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until very tender. Drain well; mash in a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup streusel, granulated sugar, vanilla, egg white, and milk. Spoon into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray; top with remaining streusel. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Gibbey
05-18-2001, 03:34 PM
I think the only thing my recipe doesn't have is the milk and it has two eggs. It was given to me many years ago by a coworker and has become a Thanksgiving Day staple. Everybody loves it (even those who say they don't like sweet potatoes!) and I have passed the recipe on many times. You'll love it!

Tuffcookie
05-28-2001, 03:57 PM
Beth, I just had to tell you I tried your recipe Friday and it was a big hit! I served it as a side with boneless chicken breasts. I also made corn muffins and it was absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing. I will certainly be making this again.

TC :cool: