PDA

View Full Version : WISH Check in Week of March 9

Jiminy102
03-09-2003, 08:40 AM
Ok gang here it is!! THe check in. I figured tsince we have a couple people who weigh on SUnday or Monday morning I should try to post it Sunday A.M. Well I expect nothing this week since I could not behave myself! But this is a new week so we shall see. I bought a new excercise DVD which I am going to make myself try as soon as I put socks on and through a load of laundry in the washer. Ok so how did everyone do this week????

One good thing is I got all my water in yesterday!!! It is always harder for me on the weekends to do that so it makes me very happy!!!! See everyone throughout the week!!! Good luck everyone!!

PartyofSix
03-09-2003, 09:49 AM
-3 for the week. 19lbs total for my 6th weight in week 7.

John In Illinois
03-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Lost one more pound this week, bringing my total since Feb. 1st (when I started with all you fine folks here on the WISH Challenge) to 24 pounds.

Need that next tough-to-find pound of loss to claim the 25 pound clippie!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :p

Boo'sMom
03-09-2003, 10:15 AM
congrats everyone....the week is off to a good start...
I'll be checking in first thing tomorrow morning...hoping to hit the 5# mark at week2

glo
03-09-2003, 10:56 AM
I still have to wait til Tuesday. I am not stepping on that scale til Tuesday...I just need one more pound for my 15 pound clippie :) :)

I'll be back then...good luck with weigh in everyone. Congrats to all who lost!!! To the rest of us...keep it going we can do it!

Tiggerkeeper
03-09-2003, 05:39 PM
My first weigh in and I am down 5 pounds! Congrats to all!!

Now if I can just survive week two! This is the week I start exercising! Good luck everyone!

Melissa

pixiedust218
03-09-2003, 05:51 PM
I am down 2 lbs this week (makes total of 4 lbs since 2/22). I didn't think I did so good this week, had a binge on ice cream....that sweet tooth (LOL), but I did do extra walking so I guess it made up for the difference.

Good luck to everyone this week.

I hope to get my 5# clippie next week.

nativetxn
03-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Tiggerkeeper you get that 5 lb clippie, yay for you!

Everyone has done so well. I don't weigh until Thursday.

perfectmatch300
03-09-2003, 11:09 PM
For the first time since I started with you WISHers I can finally report a loss! I pound only, but at least it's something and I'm pretty excited about it! The first 6 I lost before coming to WISH seemed so easy. Now I'm having to work incredibly hard for every single ounce! I'm hoping this will be the start of a breakthrough period for me.
Congratulations to all you other "losers". :D

lvs_eeyore
03-10-2003, 05:14 AM
I am down 1 pound for a total of 10 pounds since starting WISH!!!! Woooooo hooooooo I get my ten pound clippie!!!! My weight loss has slowed greatly since starting. I think I need to shake things up a little or I will never get to goal before July 4th.

Congratulations to all our losers!!!!

TigH
03-10-2003, 06:37 AM
Congratulations to everyone!!!! You guys are doing great!

I won't weigh myself until the end of next week. I am still feeling pretty fluffy today and it's my big week for retaining water. :)

Hope to report a loss next week.

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!

Boo'sMom
03-10-2003, 06:39 AM
Morning everyone...

Down 2 pounds for 5 total in 2 weeks!!!! Woo hoo....

believe
03-10-2003, 07:18 AM
I am down 3/4lb this week. That has brought me to under 1lb to lose to reach my goal.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc It has taken almost 3yrs, but I am finally very close. The last year I have struggled with the last 10lbs. I also feel that I am in the mindset to be able to maintain it, which is a great feeling.

Good job everyone on your loses!!!!!!:)

BethR
03-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Congratulations Everyone ! So much to celebrate this week! :) YEH!!!

My first WISH weigh in (THIS time :rolleyes: ) and I am down 3.5 pounds! Yippee! :)

Now to keep it going!

Keep up the GREAT work Gang! :)

caitycaity
03-10-2003, 09:36 AM
-3 pounds when i weighed in on sunday, which puts me at -13 total. :)

disneyfan551
03-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Same weigh in this morning, as the previous 2 Mondays! Aaaarrrgh!!

I still need to fine-tune the plan, though. And, I'm going to start doing the WOTP tapes, if I can find out which ones are the best...

Everyone is doing a great job! :)

ZerasPride
03-10-2003, 10:37 AM
I have just completed two weeks since joining the WISH board. I have lost 2 pounds. I'd like it to have been more but I didn't do too good this past week. I have, however, stuck to my exercise routine so I am happy about that. I hope to report at least another two pound loss next week!

Debbie
03-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Sigh. I haven't lost anything this week. In fact, the week was see-saw every day, hovering around that 15 pound loss. Sometimes up a pound, sometimes down a pound. So today it was right there at the -15 mark, and until it stays there more than 2 days in a row, I won't add my clippie.

Congratulations to all those that have lost. We can do it, can't we? :)

Now, with a week off, I want to get started with the exercising. The treadmill awaits!:p

Tiger Lily 03
03-10-2003, 01:28 PM
I just went back in time and reread some posts throughout the forum. I went backwards this week (I gained a pound :( ) so I guess it was only natural for me to go backwards here too in order to regain strength. No kidding, this time I mean it. I am done with walking around the issue and now I am aiming right at the center!

I am on my way! :sunny:

Tink33
03-10-2003, 02:22 PM
To quote a Bon Jovi song:

We've got to hold on ready or not
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got
We're half way there
Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin' on a prayer

I lost 2 pounds for a total of 15 pounds and I am half way to my weight loss goal !!!!!!!! Today is reward day for my 10 pound loss = an 80 minute river stone massage. :) My biggest accomplishment was this weekend. We spent the night at a hotel in Beverly Hills and I actually went to the gym and worked out.

Keep up the weight loss fight this week everyone.

robinb
03-10-2003, 03:44 PM
I lost 1.4 whole pounds and was totally surprised. I was sick all last week. Why does that always happen right when you try to diet and excersize? *sheesh* I actually walked for 30 minutes once ;). The rest of the week was spent not journaling, not excersizing, not eating right and feeling like a miserable blob. But, now I'm a miserable blob who lost 1.4 pounds anyway. I can handle that. BTW, I am journaling again today :cool:.

ead79
03-10-2003, 04:07 PM
I gained 1.0 pound this past 2 week period (I had to miss a weigh-in because I was on vacation). But actually I'm not too disappointed with that because I usually do much worse when I go on vacation. I really tried to keep the overeating to a minimum on this trip, so that's improvement for me. I am now ready to get going again so hopefully I'll lose this week! :)

159.4/159.4/125

NancyK
03-10-2003, 04:33 PM
Down 1.5 pounds for a total of 11.5 pounds. I really ate a lot on Thursday, but got right back on track on Friday. Congratulations to everyone who lost this week.:D

Dizzy-Disney4
03-10-2003, 04:51 PM
No change here:rolleyes: . Still at 11 pounds. Not too disappointed though.

*Wish*Upon*A*Star*
03-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone... I just happened to stumble upon this forum while browsing through the DIS. Is it too late to join you all?

I just joined Weight Watchers last week and I have my first weigh in this Wednesday...

Wish me luck!

Hannosmom
03-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Down 2 lbs this week :Pinkbounc. I paid a lot more attention to how much I was eating and did the walking tapes 5 times this week. Still doing the 1 mile walk, but feeling stronger every day.

Great posts, everyone. They really help to keep me focused.

Linda:D

nativetxn
03-10-2003, 09:16 PM
I'm so happy for everyone who has lost weight and so proud of everyone staying active and doing their workouts.

I still have two more days before my weigh in, I hope I did as well as my fellow WISHers.

*Wish*Upon*A*Star* it's never too late to take the WISH challenge. Welcome to our support group. Grab the challenge clip art and join right in.

Katholyn

tiggerlover
03-11-2003, 12:41 AM
Congratulations to all our losers! Keep up the great work.

I weighed in this morning and the scale hasn't budged (do you think it could be broken? LOL) I am still at a nine pound loss and have really been working it at the gym, so maybe I am turning fat into muscle. I do have on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear since my son was born (he will be 7 in June), so even though the scale isn't budging (it really must be broke) I am losing inches.

Have a great day everyone.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

dalepool
03-11-2003, 02:13 AM
I made a mistake last week---( I wasn't sure of my weight when I started the Wish Program). Start at 160. Lost 4.25 #'s last week. Weigh 152.5 # today so now have a loss of 7.5 #. I know it's confusing------I had to look up my original start weight----what a short memory I have.

I just have to keep on task this week........

Happy exercising to everyone------

See you next week

PattyN

snels
03-11-2003, 05:32 AM
I lost one pound this week. So far I have lost seven pounds.
Sandy

believe
03-11-2003, 06:41 AM
tiggerlover....Losing inches, to me, is better than losing pounds.

Congratulations to those who have been able to maintain and to those who are losing.

glo
03-11-2003, 07:30 AM
I didn't make it to my 15 pound clippie :( Maybe next week. Maybe somewhere inbetween I will jump on the scale and see. I was short 1.5 pouinds.

Good job everyone. The important thing is to not give up. I am trying hard not to either.

{{{HUGS}}}

kamgen
03-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Lost 2lbs this week! Yahoo!! I am really happy about it! That makes 17 so far (only 7 since joining the WISH)!
DOn't give up everyone! We can do this!!!

You can get there Glo!!! Hugs to you!!

Kamy;)

nativetxn
03-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Tiggerlover, I too would rather lose inches than pounds.

Congratulations to all who have shown a loss and {{{HUGS}}} for those whose scale didn't budge or moved in the <i>wrong</i> direction.

Don't weigh in until Thursday.

Glo, you have done so well, you will get that 15 pound loss clippie before I get my 5 pound clippie, I'm sure.

I'm so proud of all of us! Kelsie this is such a great board!

Katholyn

ohMom
03-11-2003, 09:08 PM
well, day two of being "good" on the WW point system. I'm doing it on my own to start and see if this is a good program for me.

I haven't weighed in at all - not ready yet. But i will soon, maybe next monday!

AlreadyExcitedGrammy - where are you????????

Thanks for all the encouragement - just reading your posts encourages me to keep on going....................

TigH
03-12-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by nativetxn
Glo, you have done so well, you will get that 15 pound loss clippie before I get my 5 pound clippie, I'm sure.

I'm so proud of all of us! Kelsie this is such a great board!

Katholyn

I second that! Glo will surely get her 15 lb clippie before I get my 5 lb clippie! ;) D'oh!

Kath, I echo your sentiments. This is a terrific group of people to be proud of. Thanks, Kelsie and everyone who participates!

And congratulations to all our losers!!! :jester:

AWilliams
03-12-2003, 07:45 AM
I missed my WW meeting on Monday night because I was in Providence, RI seeing BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN!!! There are lots of meetings in my area, so I went to another location last night. After all the drinks at the concert I was nervous about my weigh-in, but I LOST 3.2 POUNDS!!!!! I was so excited when she told me. So that makes a total of 6 pounds with WISH and 21 pounds in total. (I got a ribbon and some gold stars at my meeting :cool: )

I'm going to track down that 5 pound clippie now!!!

Keep up the great work everyone! Thanks so much for your support!!!

-Amy

nativetxn
03-12-2003, 10:03 AM
<b>Woo Hoo!!!</b> Way to go, Amy! Yay for you getting the 5 pound clippie.

<i>I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous....</i>

TCKK
03-12-2003, 11:03 AM
I weighed in last night and lost 8 tenths of a pound. Not as much as I hoped, but at least it's still headed down.

Congratulations to everyone else on your week!!:Pinkbounc

Amy
03-12-2003, 12:10 PM
My scale STILL hasn't budged. I gave up chocolate for Lent and the weather's been sort-of nice so I've been out taking the dog for long walks. I'm about ready to give up....... :(

Tiger Lily 03
03-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Amy,

DO NOT give up! You may not have budged the scale, but look on a bright side...you have budged! You are doing something (walking your dog) and you haven't gone up. You may just need to keep at what you are doing until metabolism thing kicks in a little more.

Don't give up...you can do this. You are worth it!

ahutton
03-12-2003, 02:05 PM
My scale wasn't budging this week either. I need to get a little more aggressive with my water drinking and walking...

Tiggerkeeper
03-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Amy ~ Tiger Lily is right DON'T GIVE UP! You are moving in a positive direction just keep going and the scale will budge! It takes time to put it on and time to take it off!

You can do it!! :bounce:

campingcorgi
03-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh, well, I got the dreaded M this week:( We had a substitute WW leader, so I can try to blame her scale. Really, though, I was good. Now that the weather is decent again (!) I'm sure my activity level will pick up!

Guess I'd better get back to journaling every bite!!

Liz
03-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Had my WW weigh in today and I'm down another 1.8 lbs! That makes 15.8 total! Wahoo!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR SUCCESSES THIS WEEK!

Breezy_Carol
03-12-2003, 08:22 PM
I had my WW weigh in today. Lost a whopping 0.2 pounds. Well, at least it is a loss. I really thought I had lost more than that.

Totla lost since November, 2002 = 22.4 pounds.

nativetxn
03-12-2003, 08:27 PM
You're doing great Carol. The slower you lose, the less chance you have of gaining your weight back.

I know how frustrating it can be to lose so slowly, though.

Katholyn

inky dinky doo
03-13-2003, 05:26 AM
I stepped on the scale this morning, and I've lost four pounds since my last check-in. That's 14 pounds since the challenge started (get my 15-point clippie ready, Kelsie!! yea!!) and 36 pounds since mid-January. Woo hoo!

I think I'll reward myself when I hit the big 5-0 (50 lb. loss) with the castle cross stitch, which costs around $50. Can't wait!! It's something I've wanted forever.

Pat

268 days and counting . . . again

Disneyaholic
03-13-2003, 08:55 AM
Did my WW weigh-in this morning and I've lost an additional 4.2 pounds, for a total of 8.2 in three weeks! I was really amazed at this, since I was out of town last week and didn't follow the points system as closely as I'd have liked to. (I don't even want to know how many points there are in a Philly Cheesesteak!

:eek:

I'm off to Curves now. This is fun!! :Pinkbounc

Dottie -- who hopes she followed the instructions correctly for the 5 pound clippie...

nativetxn
03-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Holy Cowabunga! Disneyaholic and inky, you both did an awesome job this week!! I'm really proud of you both :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Okay, it's Thursday and that is the day I weigh in so....<i>drum roll please</i>

I lost 2.5 pounds :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Not as good as disneyaholic and inky but for me it's pretty darn good. I was beginning to think I was <b>never</b> going to get that 5 pound clippie.

So my progress since 1/9 is a total loss of 24 pounds and since taking the WISH challenge on 1/31/03 a total loss of 5.5 pounds.

I'm off to add my new clipart to my siggie!

SnackyStacky
03-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Everyone's doing great! Even those who didn't do as well as they'd have liked, at least you're sticking with it, and still checking in!! :)

I had my weigh-in this morning, and had a loss of 2.2 pounds! My WISH total is now 7.6 pounds!

My full weight loss total since 3/6/02 is 127.6!!!

My real celebration this week though isn't numerical. I need to go shopping for some new pants because the 38's are getting too loose even for a belt!!!! WOO HOO!

Debbie
03-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Dan, does that mean that you've been working for a year, now? (I always have to think on the short forms, since we sometimes read them day-month-year in Canada). Either which way. . .
<center>Congratulations
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: </center>

jlawall
03-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Well, I didn't expect but..............I LOST 21 POUNDS.........SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!.......1.6 this week!!!!!!!!!!!

nativetxn
03-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Congratulations on getting that 20 pound loss clippie, jlawall! Way to go!

Katholyn

Tiger Lily 03
03-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Everyone -- Congratulations!! How great you must feel. This is wonderful news/

PartyofSix
03-13-2003, 10:23 PM
WOW everyone is doing so great this is wonderful. Dan I admire your inner strength and determination you inspire me.

jlawall
03-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Thx Katholyn! I was really surprised (and relieved) this week! The Disney cruise is a POWERFUL MOTIVATER!

Tiggerkeeper
03-14-2003, 04:36 PM
WOW! Y'all are doing fantastic!! Keep it going!

Disneyaholic
03-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by nativetxn
Holy Cowabunga! Disneyaholic and inky, you both did an awesome job this week!! I'm really proud of you both :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the kind words, but it looks like I might have not been clear on something -- the 4.2 pounds was over a 2-week period, since I was out of town last week. But I'm still pretty happy with 8.2 over three weeks!!! ;)

nativetxn
03-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, disneyaholic...4.2 pounds is still 4.2 pounds and I think that's quite an accomplishment. I'm still proud of you :)

Katholyn

*Wish*Upon*A*Star*
03-14-2003, 09:13 PM
I lost 5 pounds this week!! My first WW weigh-in...

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

nativetxn
03-14-2003, 09:20 PM
<b>Woo Hoo!!!</b> Way to go *Wish*Upon*A*Star*!

*Wish*Upon*A*Star*
03-14-2003, 09:48 PM
I was so surprised to see 5lbs in one week!! Although, I have about another 75 to go...

I'm setting small goals, though ;)

snoopy
03-15-2003, 06:34 AM
I hit my 15 lb. loss this past Friday! :) 5 more to go to reach my goal.

I really have been surprised at how easy Weight Watchers is. Its not all that restrictive, as long as you journal the food you eat each day.

glo
03-15-2003, 06:38 AM
WOW that is awesome Snoopy!!! Congrats...I am hoping on my next clippie this week too :)

nativetxn
03-15-2003, 10:12 AM
You are doing so well, Snoopy. Congratulations! You've reached your goal so quickly. I'm so proud of you.

Katholyn