PDA

View Full Version : New Fireworks display

madcoco
03-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Found this latest rumor on Screamscape:There is some truth to it as they were testing some new fireworks and firing areas after hours when we were there in Feb.

Park News - (3/5/03) The latest rumors claim that an all new fireworks show is now being planned to open sometime in November 2003. Why November? You’ve got me, especially since they will need to pull out every trick in the book to keep attendance from falling this summer again. A new killer fireworks show would sure be a good way to increase attendance this summer. Meanwhile we’ve heard that they may be testing elements of this new fireworks show (rooftop launches?) on March 19th if you’re in the area.ScreamScape (http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world.html)

Darwineffect
03-05-2003, 02:15 PM
you might want to credit screamscape for the source on that

BrianD
03-05-2003, 05:17 PM
You know, I don't know if this is related or not, but we were down there last week and were eating dinner at 'Ohana. It was Thursday, Feb. 27. MK had closed at 7:00 PM that night. At about 8:30, while we were eating dinner, all of a sudden I heard explosions and saw flashes of colorful lights out the window. I could definitely tell that it was fireworks, but we were on the other side of the room, and by the time I got up to the window, it had stopped. The fireworks probably lasted about a total of 60 seconds. One other interesting thing was that the fireworks were not being shot off behind the castle like normal, they were going off to the left (or west) of MK.

At first I thought that maybe it was a private event taking place in the MK, but the fireworks only lasted a minute, which seemed strange. Maybe this explains what was going on.

madcoco
03-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Darwineffect
Thanks it's done. Didn't want to link to all the other rumors on the page.

diswedwish
03-05-2003, 09:13 PM
If you saw a 60 sec. burst of fireworks, it might have been for a wedding at the Pavilion or elsewhere. We didn't have them, but you can have these, for a price of course;-)

pointandshoot
03-05-2003, 11:35 PM
We were at the WL the first week in Feb. and saw a firework burst in the air about every 20 minutes or so until 10pm. The link below to a thread that had some info on the new show.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=326708

nativetxn
03-06-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm moving this to news and rumors, for you.

Very interesting, though :)

Spectro is #1
03-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Although I love Screamscape, when was this posted? They may be a little late on this one.

I found and posted this in early Feb.
Found this in the Orlando Sentinel

New fireworks show may be on the way soon!
found this in the Orlando Sentinel

"A surprise in the skies"

Guests at Walt Disney World last week may have spotted some extra fireworks that didn't seem to be part of any scheduled shows.

They weren't.

On Feb. 5 and 6 the attraction's fireworks team tested both new fireworks and possible new locations to launch them from after the parks closed. Among the possibilities, shooting them from the top of Cinderella Castle and the Peter Pan ride in the Magic Kingdom"

madcoco
03-06-2003, 09:38 PM
We were at WDW on the 2/6 and remember reading that same article in the Sentinel a few days later.Screamscape posted this updated rumor on 3/5. It mentions a possible opening date for the new show in November and another test firing on March 19th