PDA

View Full Version : Little Mermaid Show

lindym
03-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Has any one heard about the Little Mermaid show at MGM? It was closed for a while due to gaps in the story line and i was wondering if anyone knew anything else about it?

OnWithTheShow
03-04-2003, 06:45 PM
I believe it was just closed for refurbishment and not for any changes to the overall show. I think it reopens in a week or two.

raidermatt
03-04-2003, 06:55 PM
I believe it was just closed for refurbishment and not for any changes to the overall show. That's what I read too, though when I read lindym's comments, I had a glimmer of hope that they would add 'Kiss the Girl' to the show...

WDSearcher
03-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Voyage of the Little Mermaid re-opened to Disney-MGM Studios' guests on February 26. Ariel now has a new scene with her father, Triton, which helps provide artistic "intention" into Part of Your World. Also added was a "practical tail" that gives more life to Ariel, and makes her more of an individual, as opposed to a Character stuck on a rock. Thre is also new lighting ... a new creative design that lets us know when we are "Under The Sea" or "up on land." Another aspect of this refresh was a motorization of the Ursula puppet. An artistic and technical upgrade to Ariel's grotto rock and transformation rock were part of this refresh, too.

:earsboy:

lindym
03-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Thanks a lot for the info. We leave one week from Friday! I can't wait to see the new show!

Sandy541
03-05-2003, 11:02 PM
My grandchildren and I saw the new Ariel show on Sat. It was great. Didn't even know it had been closed, but did notice the quality of the performance--Great. When I think of how disappointed my granddaughter would have been if it had been closed, I shudder.:Pinkbounc