PDA

View Full Version : What size do you want to be?

glo
03-04-2003, 05:51 AM
WHere are you now? and where have you been???

Are you being a realist about what you want?

OK, me first?

I was a size 20 almost 22...I am now in either and 8 or a 10 depending on the brand. Old Navy always and 8 unless it is their khaki pants then a 10. What would I like? I would love to fit in a size 6.

I think it is realistic...though I never thought I would make a 10. Hopefully by this summer sometime I can hit my goal. I am 5 feet tall on the dot, and a size six is not out of line, just hope I can make it :)

believe
03-04-2003, 06:45 AM
Glo, I am 5ft on the dot also. I was a size 14/16 at my biggest, should have worn more 16s...but instead wore tight 14s. I am now a very comfortable 6. This is where I want to be. I only have 1.5 lbs to reach my goal weight, I am already at my goal size.
You can definitely do a 6. I found that at 125 I was able to wear 6s, but they were very tight. With exercise I was able to feel more comfortable in them, but with a little more weight lose and exercise they are very comfortable.

tlgoblue
03-04-2003, 07:02 AM
I'm looking for a 6 as well. I used to be a 4/6 before children and have fluctuated between tight 8s and tight 12s since then. Six was where I was most comfortable, though I was still completely green when I saw people complaining they had to buy a size 2 and take it in. When I was a 4, I was getting lots of "We're concerned about your weight" comments, and looking at pictures from that period, I really didn't look that great. So a six it is. More choices in fashion, and I just was never sick or tired. (Of course, this was all before children, so the sick and tired part may be here for a while, no matter how slender I may become.;) ) I still have lots of my size 6 clothes. Yes I am optimistic! So I guess that means I need to drop 6 sizes. Thank goodness the weight to size ratio isn't 1/1!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Tiggerkeeper
03-04-2003, 07:23 AM
Good question! I am 5'5" and about 6 or 7 years ago I was a size 8/10. I was thrilled to be this size!

Now I am a tight 18. But I am gonna be a 10 again!! Anything less than that would be a great! I am trying to be realistic and not get too carried away.

You all are inspiring!

PRINCESS VIJA
03-04-2003, 07:26 AM
It has been so long since I have been down in wt and size that I don't even know what would be good for me. I don't even want to say what size I am so how a bout a little math! 13+ 13. :( I have a pair of old jeans that I pulled out and would love to be down to that size 14. BUT I know I can be lower. I remember when I was in highschool I felt good in a 9/10 so ultimately in my world of dreams, that is probably what I want. Now I have to put action into work and make the dream a reality!

PRINCESS VIJA
03-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Glo, you know what? YOu just gave me a great idea. DH and I are going to be cleaning the basement and going through old boxes. I think I am going to search out a pair of my 9/10 jeans and keep them upstairs for inspiration!:D Thanks for this thread.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

PartyofSix
03-04-2003, 07:43 AM
I'm 5'8" and at my heavyiest I was in a tight 20 around 240'ish I started my new plan wearing 20's and have stepped down to 18's at 224 now at 118 there not snug as they were. My goal is to go to 135 which for me would be a 9/10 and anything less than that i get the your to slim you look sick thing too. So I'm gonna keep alittle meat and journey to 135 I have 83.5 lbs to go! Although i must admit i dread hitting 16's cause that is teetering plus sizes still i will so siked when i hit 14 and lower~ I'm hoping by the end of summer i will be in 14's i'm exerscizeing my butt off literally.

kamgen
03-04-2003, 07:58 AM
I am also 5ft tall and was in a size 14/16 at my heaviest. I am now in a 12 and working on getting down to a 6.
I would just love the feeling of a single digit size again! LOL!!!
I am going to FL end of May and hope to be 10-15lbs less than I am now! I am not sure about the weight goal, because to me the clothes are more important. Looking and feeling good....and enjoying shopping again! :)

Great thread GLO!

Kamy

Lisa L from MI
03-04-2003, 08:00 AM
I am 5'6" and was a 14 a year ago. Now I am in a baggy 10 or a tight 8. I would like to be in a baggy 8 and working on it eventhough everyone is telling me I lost enough.

TigH
03-04-2003, 08:15 AM
I'm 5' 8". At my heaviest I wore a size 18, but I should have been wearing a 20, probably.

My goal size is an 8, although I would love to wear a 6!!! :) I keep telling myself I am a size 10 now, but they are big size 10s and they are tight, so I am probably really a 12.

I want to have a nice flat tummy so I can tuck my shirts in and wear a belt without feeling self-conscious. I want to wear a fitted tank top without worrying about the "rolls" on my back showing! ;)

jimmytammy
03-04-2003, 08:30 AM
I am 5'4" and when I started, I was in a tight 18. I am now in a 12, so my short-term goal is a 10 and my final goal is an 8. I know I can do it, it just takes time. I don't want to take it off too fast because I am scared I won't keep it off. It has to be a life change, not just a quick fix.

disneyfanforever
03-04-2003, 08:40 AM
I am trying for the size 6. Once upon a time, I was and and would love to be again. Right now, I am a size 12 but they are often tight. Hopefully with time I will be back where I want to be (or at least to an 8). Single digits please!

nativetxn
03-04-2003, 08:49 AM
My sister, who is 5'7 and built very different from me, wears a size 6. I've always wanted to wear a teeny size like that (I know it's probably unreasonable).

I wear a size 22 right now, a very loose 22 but still....for right now, I want to be any size smaller than 22.

caitycaity
03-04-2003, 09:15 AM
when i was at my goal weight about 5 years ago, i wore a 12, and sometimes a 10. i would like to get back to that again. i'd even take 14. LOL

right now i am anywhere from an 18-22 depending on what type of clothing.

Boo'sMom
03-04-2003, 09:32 AM
I have a pair of size 6 jeans in the back of my bureau that SOMEDAY I will wear again.

Actually, just to be comfortable in a size 8 would do it for me!!!!

FergieTCat
03-04-2003, 10:48 AM
I was doing the math this weekend, and I think, realistically, I could maintain a size 14. Which may sound large to you size 6's, but even in high school, I was a size 16-18.

caitycaity
03-04-2003, 10:51 AM
fergie -- even at my goal "healthy" weight my pant size was a sz. 12. i have big hip bones.

a 14 sounds great! :)

Liz
03-04-2003, 11:41 AM
I don't know what size I'd be if I reached my goal weight. I'm almost 5'7" and wear a 22 pant now. (Gasp - I can't believe I admitted that!) The only reason I'm admitting it is because I know I won't be there much longer!!! I would love to be a size 12. Even during my teenager years when I had moments of not being huge I wore a 14.

BethR
03-04-2003, 11:51 AM
The first posts in this thread made me feel like an underachiever. :teeth:
But the more recent ones sound more like me. ;)
I am 5' 2" and am currently a size 22 pants. I don't think that I have ever been any bigger. I think that I would be happy if I was a size 12. I had lost 57 pounds about 14 years ago and I was a 12 then and I felt so "normal." That is my goal once again.
But I have a lot more than 57 pounds to lose now. :(

disneychrista
03-04-2003, 12:13 PM
I want to get into my pre-pregnancy pants, size 10, this is my ULTIMATE GOAL. I am a size 22 right now, about 8.5 years ago I got down to size 14.

pixiedust218
03-04-2003, 02:15 PM
I am 5'1" and wear a size 14/16. Before kids I was a size 5. I am setting smaller goals for myself at this time, and will be happy in a 10/12. Would be very happy to be a 6/8, but not sure if that is realistic at this time. Was happy that a pair of 14 pants I have, I was able to put on today without laying on the bed, and holding my breath, LOL:)

Jiminy102
03-04-2003, 02:34 PM
I am 5'5" and at my heaviest I wore a 28. I now am wearing a very comfortable 24. I am not sure what I wnat to be. I am thinking a 12 but would love a 10 if it is possible and if that is a comfortable place for me. Rightnow all I really want is to be out of the 20's!!!

Lesley
03-04-2003, 08:34 PM
At my heaviest my size 20's were getting tight....now they're getting loose (I'm down 16 lbs!). I'm not sure what will be the right size for me since I have been steadily gaining weight since high school. Back then I was a size 10 (when I met my dh) though I fluctuated...sometimes I was a 12 and when I really tried hard to lose weight (what was I thinking?) I could get into an 8. Its been almost 15 years though....and I've had 2 kids since then. I feel safe assuming that if my feet got bigger with each baby, my hips probably did too! So, anyway...I'm aiming for a 12....I'd just like to be able to wear regular sized clothes again. If I end up a 10...I won't argue...LOL. I like Lane Bryant....but I don't like that its one of very few options for me now!

Oh, I'm 5'6" tall....and built curvy....not big boned really (though I look it now) my actual bone structure is quite small (wrists, ankles...) but I've got hips and shoulders. I'm totally guessing on what size I should be at my goal weight since its been so long since I've been that size! So ultimately, as long as I'm feeling better, stronger and healthier I'll be happy.

TinkerPixie
03-05-2003, 10:35 AM
When I first started trying to lose weight, I was wearing a size 26 :eek: I knew I had to do something, so I started walking and lost a few pounds, an got into 24's. When I found and started atkins, then the weight fell off, and I'm in a good fitting 18 now. I really want to be about a 14-16. Anything less than that would be great, but if I never get there, I wont complain.

ead79
03-06-2003, 08:09 PM
I'm just under 5' 2" and wear a size 14 in most everything. My waist seems to be where I have really put on this last bit of weight, so I have two things that are 16's to accomodate my waist. I would ultimately like to be a size 6 in most things (but maybe an 8 in jeans since I like them loose). I have some really cute clothes that don't fit anymore, and I would love to fit in them again. So hopefully the weight will really start coming off soon.

snoopy
03-07-2003, 04:38 AM
I'm 5'10", and at my heaviest, I wore a size 14. It might not seem like a really big size to some of you, but the main thing is that all my clothes are a size 10! I hate having to buy new clothes because I'm too fat to fit into the ones I have!

So now with the help of Weight Watchers, I'm down to a 12, and I hope to be back into all my summer clothes that are size 10! I have no desire to be a size 8 or smaller, I've been a size 8 before and being so tall when I am that skinny I look emaciated (think Olive Oil! :rolleyes: )

ZerasPride
03-07-2003, 08:44 AM
I have been overweight just about all my life. As a matter of fact, I was so happy I found a picture of myself when I was about 12 years old and I was slim. I don't know what size I was but the smallest I can remember fitting into is a 14 when I was about 16 years old. I weighed in the 150's then. I am 5 feet tall and wear a size 26. That is hard to say out loud, even in cyberspace. Anyway, I have a dream of weighing 127 pounds. That may not be realistic but I would love to be able to shop in "normal" sized clothing shops. If I could get down to a size 14, I would be so happy! Anything under that and I would probably be hospitalized or should I say institutionalized with sheer joy!

Thanks so much for this thread. It helps me to focus on where I want to be and how I want to do it right this time, the whole lifestyle change, exercise and eat right thing. I know I can do, I just have to focus my energy on me instead of everyone around me all the time. Sometimes I think I am the nurturer to everybody else in my family as an excuse not to take care of myself. I am trying to work to change that.

disneychrista
03-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by ZerasPride
I found a picture of myself when I was about 12 years old and I was slim.
OMG!! My mom must have found a picture of me when I was I guess 16 or 17, and pined it to her cork board by her kitchen phone. OMG!! I saw that and couldn't believe how skinny I looked. At the time I thought I was fat/overwieght, I was probably about 130 pounds, 5 ft. 4in. Now I would KILL to look like that (well not literally).

Dizzy-Disney4
03-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Isn't it funny how we perceive ourselves. I've looked at pictures of Dh & myself when we first got married and I look darn good...but at the time, I thought I was fat. Now, 12 years later, I'd like to be back down to that size 12. Right now, I'm in a 16 and I'm 5'7". Have been up to an 18, but last year lost 15 pounds and got back into a 16, although it was a bit tight. Now, the 16's fit great and I'm hoping to be in a 14 by summer. Size 12 is what I'm hoping for...size 10 is what I dream of.

WDW Poly Princess
03-09-2003, 12:51 AM
I'm 5'10 and currently a size 14. Given my bone structure and everything, I think the smallest I could get is a 7 or 8. I'd like to get there eventually, but right now I'd be quite happy at a 10 :)

Nathan's Grandma
03-09-2003, 09:10 AM
I want to be a size "8" because when you shop clearance sales there always seems to be so many clothes in that size range.

I am now a 14 or a 16, depending if there is elastic in the size 14 pants on the side.

Kathy

perfectmatch300
03-09-2003, 11:03 PM
I would love to be comfortable in a size 10. That means I have a really long way to go, and lately it seems that progress has been at a standstill. Right now any drpo in size at all would feel really good to me.

tiggerlover
03-10-2003, 01:45 AM
14 months ago I was wearing a size 22, today I am comfortable in a size 18. In 14 months I have lost about 18 pounds, 9 of which I have lost since starting WISH almost 3 weeks ago.

What size do I desire? Size 12, will I make it there and be able to maintain it, probably not. What do I realistically want to see....14/16. Could I maintain that, maybe. Will I reach that goal, I hope so. (BTW, I am 5'5").

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Tiger Lily 03
03-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Giving away stats is very uncomfortable. Yet here I go.

I am 5'7" and started my quest last year after I climbed into my 18s and they started to "shrink" on me. That was IT!! I managed to get to fitting very comfortably in my 16s thinking I had it made. Things happened and food has always been my companion so I regained many pounds back. I am currently still in my 16s but they started getting uncomfortable recently. Then I found WISH. I WILL NOT go back up. I won't. So I have joined the fight to start where I left off in August last year and continue just a bit more to that 14-16 range.

I have never been smaller than that as I recall. For me 16 is fine as long as it is closer to the 14 side.

*Wish*Upon*A*Star*
03-10-2003, 07:54 PM
At my heaviest, I wore a size 22... Now, I am between an 18 and 20. I do have a large bone structure, and I would be very happy as a size 12- absolutely ecstatic at a size 10!!

As inspiration, my dad pulled out the bikini picture of me (probably taken 10 years ago) when I was a size 10 and made it into a refrigerator magnet...

Now- I have to look at that every time I go into the kitchen and think twice before I put something into my mouth ;)

phorsenuf
03-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Right now I am a tight 12 :( Ideally I want to get to an 8, before my July trip would be nice. I don't think my bone structure (after kids) would accomadate a 6, but who knows.....
8's here I come!!!!!:bounce:

How does everyone work on their tummy by the way? :confused: It needs to flatten out some! LOL:confused:

believe
03-11-2003, 10:29 AM
How does everyone work on their tummy by the way? It needs to flatten out some! LOL
The only thing I know of is abs/crunches. There are so many variations that I really enjoy this workout. I believe Pilates also helps this area.

TCKK
03-11-2003, 11:58 AM
When I started in September on WW I was wearing 18-20's. Now I'm wearing 16's. Size 14 is my goal. I'm very comfortable in that size. If I go less, that would be great too. I'm 5'4 1/2" tall.

ohMom
03-12-2003, 07:29 AM
ok ok I give in. I dont' like to give out stats either, but all your bravery was like osmosis through my keyboard/computer screen ;)

I'm 5'4" - squeezing into my 10s. they were "comfortable" last summer and i'm squeeking upwards again. At my heaviest two years ago I was 158 (probably really 160) and my 12s were getting tight. When I got back into the 10 last summer I got rid of my 12 pants - so now I have no choice!

I have never gotten back to pre-pregnancy weight from my youngest, who is now 6. That would be 140. Or wedding day weight of 7 years ago would be awesome - 135. For now I'll stick to my realistic goal of maintaining 145, and if I hit that maybe I'll lower it. who knows??

Comfy comfy 10s are my goal. No pinching anywhere!

158/154/145

anniet
03-12-2003, 07:06 PM
I think I'm the shortest one here at 4'11"http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/1381.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/1381.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/1381.gif I'm wearing a size 10, but today the button popped off of my skirt, so I should probably be in a 12.http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/1381.gif

I would settle for being a size 6, but I'd be thrilled if I could squeeze into a 5 like I did until I was 25. I swear 25 is the age when it all goes to pot! (no pun intended!):)