PDA

View Full Version : What time of day is hardest?

Boo'sMom
02-28-2003, 02:27 PM
This is the tough time of day for me. Seems between 3 and 5 I always want to snack. I try to eat lunch later, but some days that just doesn't work.
Today is a really tough day, everytime I turn around I find I'm looking for something to snack on....I've been good though, have had a ton of water in the last hour, and a few pretzel sticks...still within my daily range.
So how about you? When do you have the hardest time sticking to your new habits?

tater bug
02-28-2003, 02:34 PM
For me it's the same as my weakness - going out to eat. The worst possible time to blow it.

tlgoblue
02-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Me, too! Actually, around 2ish is my worst time. I find myself feeling run down, and I tend to want to fix it by eating. What I do now is have a cup of tea. The caffine perks me up enough to keep me going until dinner, but not so much that I can't get to sleep at night. Works pretty well. I'm just now sitting down for my 2:00 tea, because I went to pick DS up from school at 2:00. Of course he decided to ride the bus home, so after waiting for 1/2 hour, I wisened up and came home, and now I get my tea! Not only that, but happy hour is only 11/2 hour away! Yippee!

Good for you on your resolve today! Sometimes I just cave and say tomorrow is another day!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

ZerasPride
02-28-2003, 02:51 PM
For me the absolute worst time of the day is the evening. Especially if I try to eat dinner at a decent time. I always crave something sweet and/or something with chocolate at the end of the day. I bought a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups at Target last week that has them individually wrapped and they were so fresh and delicious! I am finding that if I eat just one, even if it is late at night, I am so satisfied. There was a time when a whole pint of ice cream would not have satisfied me so I consider this progress. I also try to make sure I keep a glass of water by my side at night. That seems to cut down a bit on the craving. Plus I keep telling myself that I don't get up almost an hour early to work out with The Firm to blow it over ice cream or cookies!

I just need to make my new resolve a "habit" and stick to it. No eating whole pints of ice cream at midnight - no eating pints of ice cream at midnight! :p

nativetxn
02-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Since I'm still on induction for Atkins, I don't really have a bad time of day yet. I have to force myself to eat and that is a brand new experience for me.

I'm sure when I begin adding more carbohydrates to my eating plan I will have a bad time in the afternoon. That was my bad time when I ate low fat hi carb diets trying to lose weight before. Usually 3-5

pixiedust218
02-28-2003, 07:19 PM
For me the worst time of day is the evening. I too enjoy something sweet before I go to bed.

I have been good all week, staying within my points and doing my "Walk Away the Pounds" tapes. I have been eating about 5 or 6 times a day (about every 2 hours, give or take) and this seems to curb any cravings. (I do save enough POINTS to have a WW dessert before bed:) )

ahutton
02-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Mid afternoon is worst for me too, especially at work when it is crunch time and I'm starting to worry about what I have to get done today so that my next day/week won't be so bad. I get myself so fired up and stressed that I go get a snack as an excuse to get away from my desk. This week was so crazy and I was out so much that it didn't matter. Next week isn't looking much better!

tiggerlover
03-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Mid to late afternoon is usually the time I am most hungry. And sometimes late mornings, depending on what I had for breakfast.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Disneyaholic
03-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Late morning seems to be the worst for me. Around 11:00 or so, I am STARVING. I have either been having an early lunch (or part of it, like WW veggie soup) or a snack (a few pretzels) to get me through it. I've been good so far, but it's only been a week. I'm sure that it will get better as time goes on!

BTW, not sure where is the proper place to post this, but I had my first WW weigh-in yesterday and I was down 4.0 pounds!! I was sooo excited!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

TinkerPixie
03-01-2003, 10:21 AM
My worst time is in the evening, say about 8 or 9 pm. I know I'm not hungry, but my brain still says o.k. your watching t.v. so you must be munching! It's a habit of long standing, and even after months of Atkins, this habits hard to break. I usually try to grab something legal, but I really wish I could stop altogether.