PDA

View Full Version : What is your weakness?

tlgoblue
02-28-2003, 09:17 AM
What is your weakness and how or do you overcome it?

I'm sure mine is chocolate, but I also thing it is it's own food group.;) I've also read reports that recent studies show chocolate is high in polyphenol, an important antioxidant.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have had other weaknesses along the way, but have managed to replace them with healthy things, to the point that I can't stand most of them anymore! But chocolate and wine remain. I have wine almost every night with dinner. Just one, sometimes 2 glasses.
Chocolate is another story. I am very picky about my chocolate which is a good thing. I'm lucky to score good quality chocolate once a month. Another reason I don't beat myself up over it. I know I'll never give it up, which is why I'm constanly loking for excuses to justify it's consumption.

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

kamgen
02-28-2003, 10:53 AM
I really love cereal! So i found a way to work it into my points for WW! I have cereal each day for breakfast and I eat it as my evening snack! It hits the spot for me! :)

I also like having something sweet after lunch...so I eat one hershey kiss...and yes it does do the trick!

Kamy

tlgoblue
02-28-2003, 11:02 AM
Kamy,

Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops? LOL! That is a great weakness to have. It would be a real bummer if you were doing the Atkins plan. It is nice when you can work them into your plan. Makes you feel like you're not giving up as much! I love the Hershey's Kiss thing, but I'm afraid I couldn't eat just one. Maybe one after lunch, then one after that, then as a snack, then after dinner. OH! I admit it ! I'm hopelessly addicted! :rolleyes:

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

nativetxn
02-28-2003, 11:42 AM
Salty and crunchy foods are my weakness, like potato chips. Luckily, being on the Atkins plan I can have pork rinds instead and that works.

I haven't had any cravings yet for potato chips or popcorn. Of course, I haven't gone to a movie since I started Atkins, that will be the true test. Movie popcorn smells <b>so</b> good :teeth:

kamgen
02-28-2003, 11:43 AM
Tracy-
LOL!!! Actually....I eat Cheerios (either Honey Nut or the new berry blast).....
And, no I could not do Atkins! LOL!! I need grains and not meat! LOL!! :)

As for the HK thing.....I only put ONE kiss in my lunch....then I eat it, enjoy it and move on....it is hard, but that is all I bring.....

Good luck!
Kamy

Amy
02-28-2003, 12:05 PM
CHOCOLATE!!!

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to overcome it. I tried getting those Nestle sugar-free turtles - they're individually wrapped so I'd be able to stop at one. But they were horrible!

Right now, the only way I can overcome chocolate is to NOT have it in the house!!

believe
02-28-2003, 01:41 PM
I have several....potato chips, homemade hot banana or apple bread, ice cream and occassionally chocolate. The bread and ice cream are my biggest.

PRINCESS VIJA
02-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Potato chips and McDonalds!!! I could eat McDonalds for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :rolleyes: But, I know in order to get going on my wt loss, I have to change how often I go there. And I won't tell you how much I did!;) So, I am able to go 1x a week (Thursdays for lunch) and I can order any value meal (NOT supersized). That way I know I have only a few more days, and I can enjoy it guilt free.

And chips, that's another story. I simply can't have them in a big bag in the house. I just bought the single serving bags. I told DH that 2 of those bags are for me, for lunches, but the rest are for everyone else. That does the trick for me.

PRINCESS VIJA
02-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Oh, I also want to add, is that I like the crunchy foods, so I am substituting as well for the chips. for ex. Today I had a sandwhich for lunch and I made my cauliflower salad with lowfat mayo. that satisfied my need for salty/fatty foods, in a healthy way!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

tlgoblue
02-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Hey PRINCESS VIJA,
I like the cauliflower thing. What a great Idea!

Fast food, all kinds, was definately a killer for me, too. Last year, we took a 6200 mile coast to coast road trip and ate FF all the time. That did it for me. I can't stand any of it! I feel so lucky to have broken that cycle. I gained 15 lbs on that trip. Though some was water, most was not. There were other problems that followed from that trip, which I won't go into. Suffice it to say, I was irregular for about a month! We took the same trip this year, but stopped at places that had more "Healthy" choices. Though I did gain a few lbs., I did lose it all within a week, so I'm calling that water. ;) I'm glad to hear you've been able to work through your weaknesses.

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Lesley
02-28-2003, 02:16 PM
My weakness in the past has been sugar in all forms....Atkins has been an incredible help with this. I no longer crave sugar, though I still like sweet stuff. But, wow, if you haven't had sugar you become amazed at how sweet other foods are...peppers, strawberries, etc...

I do love chocolate. I've found a few sugar free varieties that are good. The Atkins Endulge stuff, Gertrude Hawke, and Sorbee are quite good. As a treat on Valentine's Day dh and I had strawberries dipped in sugar free chocolate...it was wonderful and completely fine for our diet. As someone who used to eat sugar in some form multiple times a day....I'm doing great with not having sugar. I do have a sugar free treat once every other day or so....which keeps me from feeling deprived.

I used to love breads, etc...but now when I think about those things I can just imagine how spongy and weird they'd feel to eat. No big loss.

Simba's Mom
02-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Amy
[Right now, the only way I can overcome chocolate is to NOT have it in the house!!
LOL! Same with me-but my parents just sent me a pound of white almond bark (no one down here'd heard of it, but I used to love it in Massachusetts). I had to ask DH to hide it somewhere in the house and not tell me where it is. Once a week he brings out a small amount for me. Otherwise I'd have no willpower.

TigH
02-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Going out to eat! I can go out with the best of intentions and completely crumble when it comes time to order. I don't keep snack foods around the house, so there is no temptation here. And I usually don't get hit with any particular type of craving.

However, get me around Mexican food (and a margarita, naturally) or a nice big juicy burger (with the works) and fries and a beer, and there is my weakness. :)

tater bug
02-28-2003, 03:16 PM
Eating out is the worst. We can be very good IF we eat at home. Unfortunately, we eat out almost every day. :rolleyes: