PDA

View Full Version : DISNEY STORE ~ I bought more pins! AND OTHER THINGS ON SALE!

SandraC
02-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Hi ~ I went to the DS at Square One this afternoon and bought 15 more pins. I said to the CM, "I thought I bought one of every pin you had! But here are 15 new ones!" She said she just found them in the back room today! GOOD FOR ME!!!! Also there were more sales on different things than the last time I was there a couple weeks ago. I bought ds a lovely Buzz and Woody fleece pull-over for $9.00, it was reg. $38! Those really cute car antenna Mickey's and Minnie's were $1.99 on sale, the reg price is $5.00. Lots of sales. They also have a couple of promotions, one is for Treasure Planet and the other is; buy $60 worth of stuff and get 4 free face clothes, a $14 value. Pretty good! S

tmli
02-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Sandra did you happen to get the details of the Treasure Planet offer? I'm going to head to hamilton to pre order but I don't want to if the deal isn't worth it. Thanks!

SandraC
02-27-2003, 04:21 PM
No ~ I didn't get it. I think the offer was something like this; order the video (comes out in April) and get 4 lithos of the movie now. I think it was tied into spend $65 and get a $15 gift cert back. There was a different offer of; spend $60 before tax and get 4 free Disney face clothes, value $14. They are those clothes that are compact. I bought a ton of them at a Dollar Store for a buck a peice so I didn't bother with this offer. Two pins that I bought were $3.00 because they were special birthstone Pooh Bear pins, the rest were very inexpensive, 1 x $1.88, 3 x $1.13, 10 x $0.88. (Oh, I guess I bought 16 pins, not 15 pins). I love that I am getting pins that I would have bought anyway for only 88 cents! I think that they a lot of pins are really 90% off because I got 10 pins for 88 cents each that were marked $7.00 and $7.50 reg price. I got a couple of lovely Epcot pins that I was looking for! S

cdnmickeylover
02-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Thanks for posting Sandra. Guess I'm going to have to make a trip to Fairview.

Cdnmickeylover

MaMudduck
02-27-2003, 08:09 PM
I got 2 more pins, I didn't really have time to shop because I was with friends from England... and they didn't want to watch me go through 2 bin of pins, imagine that!:rolleyes: They had lots of adult fleece sweatshirts for $22.99 from $60+. I went to Fairview last Friday, didn't find any different pins than Yorkdale, and not too many left. I'm still looking for wealth pins or princess one. Let me know if any come out of the "back room"

EvilQueen
02-28-2003, 03:32 AM
Here goes:
Tresure Planet will be released on April 29th. As always, you can pre-order up until the day before the release date or until the lithographs run out. VHS is $19.99 and DVD is $26.99. It comes with a set of 4 lithographs and if you spend $65, including the purchase of the VHS or DVD, you get a $15 gift card back.

tmli
02-28-2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks everyone, I guess a trip to hamilton is in order!

Tantor
03-01-2003, 08:17 AM
I wonder if I should plan a trip to Square One................hmmm

TimNDansMom
03-01-2003, 11:07 AM
You guys are making me jealous that I live so far away from a Disney Store! :(

SandraC
03-01-2003, 06:24 PM
JULIE! ONLY 5 DAYS TO GO! WOW! You must be getting soooooo excited! Think of all the pins you will get in WDW in less than a week! S

TimNDansMom
03-01-2003, 07:55 PM
I know Sandra, this time next week, I'll be in Orlando!!!
Bring on the warmth!!:sunny::Pinkbounc :sunny:

Mmmmm, pin-hunting in WDW.....now that has a nice ring to it! :teeth:

DSNY FN
03-01-2003, 08:02 PM
The Fairview store is it Fairview mall in Kitchener?

TimNDansMom
03-01-2003, 09:03 PM
Darren, the Fairview Mall they are talking about is in Toronto at Don Mills and Sheppard. I wish there was a DS at the Fairview Mall in Kitchener!

DSNY FN
03-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Ok I was gonna have to scream if Kitchener had one and we didn't get one in London hehehe

MaMudduck
03-02-2003, 03:01 PM
I don't live close to a Disney store...Scar.Town Centre is 1hr away, I just have to do alot of traveling to T.O. so i centre my TDS trips around it. I think I'd be broke if there was one any closer.

Scratch42
03-02-2003, 04:29 PM
I ended up going to Yorkdale last night!LOL The selection was poor but there were some new CMs working there, well I'm begining to wonder if there is something in the works?!??! or just wishful thinking on my part!LOL

I had asked regarding the DC and whether there was anything going to replace it for us Canucks, well one CM said that there is the Visa card and I said that was for the US and he said no, that ...
And then another CM shot him a look and chimed in that , yes you are correct that it is for the US... The other CM looked like a scolded puppy for saying something maybe he should not have????

I never did get a reply back from CAA?

Let's keep our fingers crossed! Something is better than nothing!

Anybody got any extra car antennaes I can have?LOL Bought three more toppers just in case!LOL

Hey Julie, don't forget to bring the warm weather back with you!
Have a great time!

Scratch
:smooth:

SandraC
03-02-2003, 06:16 PM
I bought a Mickey car antenna for $1.99 on sale last week. Funny thing is, my car's antenna goes down and disappears when I turn the car off and dh's car is newer and doesn't have an antenna ~ ddduuuhhh! LOL! So now it sits on my dash board with ds's First Hair Cut Mickey Ears Hat and a Pooh Bear ornament. S

TimNDansMom
03-02-2003, 09:56 PM
I also have a retractable car antenna, so I was thinking of hanging a Mickey antenna top from the rear-view mirror, but I know dh would have a fit! I like your idea of having it sit on the dash Sandra!

Thank you Janet and I'll do my best to bring back spring! :sunny:

Tantor
03-03-2003, 06:59 AM
Have a great time Julie!!!:wave:

lilsonicfan
03-03-2003, 11:06 PM
But the Disney store we have here doesn't seem to possess any pins at all. I don't know what's wrong with them!

TimNDansMom
03-05-2003, 12:27 PM
lilsonicfan, tell them about all the business they are missing!! ;)

cdnmickeylover
03-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Was at the Fairview Store last night but didn't buy anything. Lots of stuff for little girls. They had no pins on display at all which was kinda disappointing. They had rearranged the entire store though and there was lots of princess stuff.

Cdnmickeylover

EvilQueen
03-06-2003, 06:53 AM
.... at the Disney Store at Scarborough Town Centre. They are at the cash. Not all the pins are out, but there a still quite a few.

kellyla
03-06-2003, 01:31 PM
I was at the Limeridge store this morning and there wasnt any pins out either.There was a whole lot of Princess stuff.Not a whole lot of adult(some nighties)I am a little disappointed in TDS now.

SandraC
03-06-2003, 02:55 PM
It's just one of those things ~ sales come and go. I never know when the sales happen until I get to the store. There is nothing better than walking around the corner of the mall and seeing the DS with a 75% OFF sign in the front! LOL! I think I bought over 120 pins during the sale, so I'm pretty happy with my purchases. I'll visit the store again after March Break and see what's up! S

Scratch42
03-09-2003, 03:15 PM
So off we go to Square One DS. No such animal! Have them call Downtown DS, still no luck! CM thinks it could have been from the US! So what else is new!LOL

Lots of stuff on sale, some at 33%, 50% and 75%! But of course mostly little kid stuff. The plush was moved away from their home in front of the TV and Princess Stuff in it's place.

And not a pin in sight either! Hope that means new pins coming in!LOL

Scratch

SandraC
03-09-2003, 04:07 PM
No more pins at Square One DS? That's okay. I have more than I know what to do with right now? LOL! I got so into Disney scrapbooking this weekend, I realized I didn't do my laundry and ironing! YIKES! Good thing it's March Break, I can do stuff Monday and Tuesday!

We are going to RFC this week, so I'll stop by the Yorkdale DS. Chat soon! S

Dragon Lady
03-21-2003, 01:50 PM
I have solved the mystery of the missing pins. Talked to a CM-Manager at the Disney store in Calgary last night. Apparently they were told to box up the pins, seal the boxes and place them in their store room while the "princess" sale is on. According to the CM this is a first. The pins are supposed to come out again in a couple of weeks and will be at the same smokin' deal prices. Unfortunately, even if you ask for pins from the back, they cannot sell them to you right now as their sales are being monitored. If CM's are caught selling the pins, they are being reprimanded.

So just keep an eye out for the elusive pins!!!

DL

SandraC
03-21-2003, 03:54 PM
OOOOOHHHHHH! Thank you! Do I hear FIELD TRIP! LOL! S

Dragon Lady
03-21-2003, 03:57 PM
oops, I forgot to mention that this is what is happening at all the stores. So, you can expect the pins to come out all at the same time. The CM said that it is easier to say "sorry we have no pins" than to try and explain why they can't sell them right now.

DL

Scratch42
03-21-2003, 08:27 PM
I need to get more pins! Especially now we are going to do the MAGIC! I can't believe it! Oh well, let's hope everything is ok by then.

Scratch