PDA

View Full Version : THe Cinderella Castle Cross Stitch

Pembo
02-24-2003, 08:15 PM
I bought one off E-bay and it finally arrived today.

None of you mentioned how LARGE this thing is! Anyone actually finished it??????

I'm very excited to get started but I'm wondering if I'll ever finish it?! :)

hopemax
02-24-2003, 10:39 PM
I got mine at the beginning of November and I'm about half-way done. Just started working on it again 2 days ago. Last time I worked on it was around Christmas. However this one is *much* easier than any of the other Stoney Creek/Disney patterns. The other kits change colors ever three squares it seems.

The first one I did was the Self Portrait. It took me over three YEARS to do. The time to do the others has gotten progressively shorter, but I don't think any of them I finished in less than 6 months.

kellyla
02-25-2003, 09:55 AM
I am about three quarters done it.I started mine late January 2002.I havent worked on it for a few months but i am hoping to have it done in the next few months before the kids get out of school and before we go to WDW in December(that way I can buy a new one to do)

Inlove4WDW
02-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Do you know where ( a web site) can I find this kind of products? :confused:

* Verºoº *

hopemax
02-25-2003, 07:11 PM
You can see pictures here:

http://www.stoneycreek.com/disney.html

The Family Dinner one is no longer available.

But the kits can only be purchased at WDW or WDW Merchandise. They sell for $40 each.

WDW Attraction Merchandise Mail Order (407)363-6200
Open Monday thru Friday 8:30 - 11:45 and 12:30 - 5:00 (eastern). wdw.mail.order@disney.com

JESW
02-26-2003, 12:38 PM
Welllllllll..I haven't actually started mine yet (bought it last May) but every once in a while I take it out and LOOK at it - does that count?? :)

Jill

Rajah
03-01-2003, 11:53 PM
Uh... I think I have about 3 square inches done? I've been working on other projects instead.

Goofydiane
03-04-2003, 03:41 PM
I bought mine in December 2001 and started it January, 2002. Finished it on a the plane going to WDW in March 2002.

Looks fabulous and all I can say is ARGGGGHHHH regarding the metalic thread. I didn't get enough in the kit and went out and bought my own - which allowed me to change some of the colors in the fireworks.

It looks great when it is done.

Happy Stitching Everyone!
Diane

DiznEeyore
03-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Diane, you're my hero! ;) I've been making progress on mine -- now that I know it can actually be done (LOL!) I'm more determined than ever to finish it!

Goofydiane
03-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by DiznEeyore
Diane, you're my hero! ;) I've been making progress on mine -- now that I know it can actually be done (LOL!) I'm more determined than ever to finish it!

Nah, not a hero. I was home recovering from surgery for 6 weeks, so I had nothing to do during this time except stitch!

It is fun to watch the castle build as you stitch!

Diane

Jiminy102
03-05-2003, 10:34 AM
This is one pattern I would love to have. I have looked at the kit but have no idea when I would be able to get it. $40 is a little more than I can do right now for a kit!!!

lynxstch
03-06-2003, 04:29 PM
incoming PM for you..check your in box
Lynn

ahutton
03-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Rajah and I have more and more in common! I have had that amount done since I was on vacation expecting DD#1 who is now 3! I am pretty sure now that DD#2 is almost 1 I'll get back into it, but who knows. I've had "gift budget" to go buy a sewing machine for months and haven't been able to do that yet either. Does this crafty stuff get easier when the kids are a little older? I really enjoy it but am usually cross eyed by the time I can get them off to bed!

ltldeb
03-09-2003, 09:34 AM
I bought this when I was in WDW in Dec, but have yet to start it. I'm hoping to get started on it soon.

JESW
03-09-2003, 11:04 AM
ahutton...to answer your question if it gets easier to do these things when the kids get older. Yes and no. It gets easier because you may have more time, BUT, then the kids want to "help". I converted out living room into a craft room since NO-ONE ever went in there (we have a family room and a room above the garage we use for another family room - the lr just sat there with furniture and things no-one ever saw) Well, since I converted that room it has seen more traffic and more attention than ever! The kids (and DH!) always stop by to see what I am working on. There is a couch there and another table so I always have company. I also get a lot of help - which is why I am only up to June 2002 in my DS8's scrapbook (not bad actually...) and I am 3 years behind in DD4's book. When I rubber stamp or anything else messy, then that's when both kids appear. They also love shrinky dinks and making holiday cards.

I complain about not being able to get things done, but I know the kids won't want to hang out with me forever so I TRY to have patience. (try...but not always succeed!)

I have tried to cross stitch but I have another unusual problem with that. Whenever I bring a projuect out, our cockatiel Ziggo gets VERY interested and he flies over to see what Mom is up to. He loves to pull on the floss and take them away. After a while I just put that project away.. :)

Good luck!

Jill

Pembo
03-11-2003, 11:04 AM
Well I've started. I have the very top of the Castle finished from the 1st page of the pattern. LOL! I don't want to look at the 2nd page yet.

That metallic floss is hard to work with. I'm having a tough time threading my needles with my Glissengloss. (love that word). It does look cool though........

hopemax
03-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Just a heads up, because it scared me half to death.

I was stitching away, and I'm almost done with the regular stitching in the castle (still have to do all the fireworks and Tink) and I ran out of color #317. So I go to my floss containers and get some out and start stitching. I look down after a couple rows and the colors DO NOT MATCH. I pulled out an older Disney kit, found the #317 and tried it, didn't match. I'm getting really upset now because, I'm thinking there was something wrong with the thread Disney sent and my only option is to take out all the old thread and restitch it.

Thank goodness for the Internet! I do mostly kit stitching and don't go through my extra floss at a very quick pace, apparently. In the mid-1990's DMC had to change the dye process to meet new environmental standards and so the grey family is a slightly different color now than it was a decade ago. The castle kit comes with the new color, and I had the old color. So I rushed out to Michael's bought a new skein, and the colors match, so I am back to stitching again.

Kim in TN
03-17-2003, 09:30 PM
I love these kits but they are expensive. Has anyone seen them any cheaper? Or pattern only kits, we are doing an international adoption, and I would love to take one of these with me to do while we are there for 3 weeks , but can't spare too much extra $ at the present time since adoption is expensive also.

Inlove4WDW
03-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Just the pattern? That is a great idea!! If you can get it please tell me, ok? :) Or if someone sales one, please tell me!! ;)

* Verºoº *

frannn
03-24-2003, 10:17 PM
the Disney outlet (don't remember which one) had the Family Dinner Kit at 17.99 or 16.99, and I had them charge it or mail it to me. This was very recently, so give it a shot. It was possibly Character Corner at Beltz. Good Luck!

arvoris
12-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Is the Cinderella Castle chart that comes with the kit printed in color or Black & White?

Also, am looking for the Tinkerbell Spring Blossoms. Anyone have one they wish to sell?

Mickey527
01-02-2007, 07:26 PM
I made the Castle on a dark blue sweater and I wear it with pride. I took Tinkerbell out of the design because I thought she was done way too large for the size of the castle. I was able to put more fireworks on the sweater without her. I have more comments on that sweater when I wear it to WDW, but here at home no one appreciates it. I figured out what it would be worth if I charged $10 an hour, it would be over $800. That pattern was not easy. I have been working on Self Portrait on a sweatshirt for years now but as someone else said, it changes colors every 3 stitches. Mickey's pants alone are at least 11 different colors. And now with my neuropathy I doubt if I will ever finish it, I can't hold the needle.
I wish I could post a photo but I don't have one. A friend did post one once but she is no longer on DIS and I don't know where she went to.
Maybe someday I will get someone to take a picture of me with it on and post it here. Peggie

Carole
01-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Hi! I've been working on the castle for a long time - don't even remember when I started it.... I'm cross stitching Tinkerbell now and have a question. Looking at the picture it appears Tinkerbell's wings are full stitches but the pattern "+" calls for half stitches. Can anyone tell me what they did? Thanks so much !

tashasmum
01-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Have just checked mine and her wings are only half stitches. Happy stitching.

Carole
01-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Just an update on the wings question I asked about recently. I emailed Stoney Creek and they responded with "the '+' symbol stitched with DMC 3846 should not have an asterisk by it indicating that it is to be stitched with only 1 strand worked as 1/2 cross stitches. The "+" symbol is worked in full cross stitches as usual. The graph has been corrected for future kits. No other changes have been made." Hope this helps someone else !!

Forchunut1
03-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone! I just discovered this site and it is great to find others working on their Disney kits!

I have a question. I was at Disneyworld a few weeks ago and bought the 35th Anniversary kit. it is beautiful and I have just started working on it. My question is whether it is "allowed" to swap charts with someone else? I wanted to get the Happiest Celebration on Earth kit, but the folks at Disney say it isn't available anymore. I even had a hard time finding the 35th Anniversary kit. I actually found it in one of the stores on Main Street at the MK, which I didn't even know had them.

So, if allowed would anyone be interested in trading the Happiest Celebration chart for the one I have?

frannn
03-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone! I just discovered this site and it is great to find others working on their Disney kits!

I have a question. I was at Disneyworld a few weeks ago and bought the 35th Anniversary kit. it is beautiful and I have just started working on it. My question is whether it is "allowed" to swap charts with someone else? I wanted to get the Happiest Celebration on Earth kit, but the folks at Disney say it isn't available anymore. I even had a hard time finding the 35th Anniversary kit. I actually found it in one of the stores on Main Street at the MK, which I didn't even know had them.

So, if allowed would anyone be interested in trading the Happiest Celebration chart for the one I have?

PM'd you

Forchunut1
03-25-2007, 04:16 PM
frann, I tried to send you a PM and apparently someone newly registered on this forum has to have a certain number of posts before you can send a PM. :confused3

Forchunut1
03-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I'll send you a PM as soon as I can. I'm a big Disney fan so I can probably find some other threads to make a few posts on. :thumbsup2

dreams91
03-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I would be willing to swap. I think I have the one you are looking for. I'd love to get ahold of the new one.

Macca1111
03-29-2007, 11:47 PM
So the Happiest Celebration is no more? I didn't see it at either park, and I was at both of them during the Celebration. I too got the Past, Present, Forever one, but it would be nice to have had the (sort of) matching Celebration. BTW, my sister finished her Cinderella castle, but changed Tink's face a little - she didn't like the manly look that the pattern gave. I made the self-portrait for her, and when I busted my buns I got it done in a few months, as a new teacher, no less. :woohoo: Yes, I was proud of that one. That pattern was bad, but NOTHING compared to this new Past Present bit. So much tweeding...:sad2:

Forchunut1
03-30-2007, 09:47 PM
No more Happiest Celebration according to Disney employees. :sad: I looked at every Disney store for them as well as at Downtown Disney. There were a few Past, Present and Future, just two 35th Anniversary (I bought one of them) and lots of the Mickey and flag and Mickey and the firefighter.

I sure wish we could get the kits direct from Stoney Creek but I guess only having them available at Disney makes them that much more special.

Macca1111
04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Since Happiest Celebration is gone, would anyone be willing to send me a copy of the pattern? I have Self-Portrait, Past Present and the Castle Fireworks to offer in return.

Macca1111
04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Is the Cinderella Castle chart that comes with the kit printed in color or Black & White?

Also, am looking for the Tinkerbell Spring Blossoms. Anyone have one they wish to sell?

Don't know if you'll see this now, but no, all of the kits are in black and white now. The first time my family bought Self-Portrait (10+ years ago?) there was some pink along with the black, and I found it significantly worse to read.

Forchunut1
04-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Just thought I would pass along something I found out about aida fabric. If anyone is planning to use a chart and get your own materials, all the sources I could find for such a large piece of 14-count navy aida on the internet were selling it for approx. $30+ dollars a yard! :sad2:

But, I found someone on ebay selling it for $3.99 per yard! I just received mine today and it is exactly the same at what comes in the kit. :thumbsup2

DizneyDogs
04-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I like buying my own aida cloth and dmc thread and needles rather than using all the stuff that comes with the kit. I did use the thread from the Cinderella Castle kit and never again, that thread tangled up so bad. I also prefer to stitch on 16 or 18 count rather than 14 count. Luckily there is a great needlework place here that carries all different colors of aida cloth and the quality of fabric is just so much better than what comes with the kits. So I end up paying for the whole kit and just use the chart, but to me it's worth after spending countless hours making it.

I do have most of the Art of Disney cross stitch charts and would be willing to trade for the 35th anniversary chart. If anybody wants to trade just pm me.

dreams91
04-08-2007, 12:22 PM
When you change the count of the thread, what does that do to the pattern? :confused3

tashasmum
04-08-2007, 01:30 PM
If you change the count of thread that you use it makes the overall piece bigger or smaller.

Macca1111
04-08-2007, 07:39 PM
If you change the count of thread that you use it makes the overall piece bigger or smaller.

And depending on how much you change it, it can affect how clean the design looks. Usually the more stiches you fit into an inch, the cleaner it is. All of the beginners or easy little kits use huge thread counts like 10, while more detailed and nicer patterns use more stiches like 14-20.

Forchunut1
04-08-2007, 08:05 PM
The navy fabric in these kits is hard to work with. I think I would go crazy if I did it in fabric with more thread counts per inch! :sad2:

dreams91
04-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Thats what I thought, but I'd never done it so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the info.

DizneyDogs
04-11-2007, 02:04 PM
The navy fabric in these kits is hard to work with. I think I would go crazy if I did it in fabric with more thread counts per inch! :sad2:

All you need to do is back light the dark fabric and it makes the holes easy to see. I just sit a lamp on the floor and it works great.

If you use 14 count that means 14 squares per inch. So if you stitch on 16 or 18 count then it just means more stitches per inch which likes others said gives it a much cleaner look and will make the over all image somewhat smaller.

tashasmum
04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
An alternative is to put a white cloth on your lap whilst sewing.

MouseMemories
04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I have looked high and low for a copy of the pattern for either Cinderella's Castle or The Happiest Celebration on Earth. Does anyone have one they could copy for me??

Thanks!!

stm61
04-14-2007, 06:40 PM
MouseMemories,

PM me, I think I can copy my Cindy's Castle with Tink pattern. I'll dig it out Wed, that's my day off this week.

MouseMemories
04-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I am having a hard time PM ing you...not sure if it is this computer or what. But, I would love to have that pattern! I am trying to fill the time between now and the time we go in November!

Thanks!

Teri

SusieStone
04-15-2007, 05:29 AM
I am interested in this now. Off to go see it

stm61
04-15-2007, 06:37 PM
I am having a hard time PM ing you...not sure if it is this computer or what. But, I would love to have that pattern! I am trying to fill the time between now and the time we go in November!

Thanks!

Teri

You might not have enough posts yet, sorry! I'll dig it out Wed and make copies. I'll post when I've got it ready to go. Nov, make me jealous! I've got another yr to wait!

MouseMemories
04-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry to make you jealous!! I think when we go, I am going to buy some more cross stitch patterns to hold me over to our next trip there...LOL. That will help fill the time between the trips. But, November still seems like forever to wait! Thank you so much for taking the time to look. I appreciate it!

Teri

stm61
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Ok, everyone who wanted a copy of Cindy's Castle, I've got them done. They're not perfect, I did it several years ago and it's been stored ever since, plus there's a few tape marks and smudges. You can definately see the symbols. I color copied the front page, but the rest were in black and white. As soon as I have everyone's address I'll make a mail run, so if you haven't already, please pm your address. Happy stitiching everyone!

MouseMemories, I'll try and send you a pm with my email address. You can send your address that way. Please post if you don't get the pm.

frannn
04-18-2007, 05:50 PM
to sell or be kind enough to make and send a copy, I would be thrilled to have one! Thanks!

Inlove4WDW
04-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi!! I've always seen this kits in WDW but never bought them because I didn't knew how to did them.But now, my MIL tech me this wonderful work.

If someone could please sell me or like Frann make a copy and send it to me? I will like the Cindy's Castle and the Happiest Celebretation on Earth patterns.

The problem here is that I'm live in México City. :guilty: And my next trip to the world will be in 467 days and 20 hours with 28 minutes and 19 seconds, and I NEED my Disney dosis before that.Of course I will pay for the patterns and for the shipment.

I hope someone could help me, you've always been so kind with me in the past.

Now I know who can tech me those tiny secrets! :goodvibes

Thanks!!:love:
PS.I'm sorry if I ruined your language.

Ami4338
04-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Can anyone help me with the backstitch directions for this. It states backstitch lines printed in grey use 407 glissengloss . I'm not understanding what backstitch lines in grey??????????? There are some backstitch lines in a squiggle line around the blue circle. Is that what they mean?

stm61
04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Can anyone help me with the backstitch directions for this. It states backstitch lines printed in grey use 407 glissengloss . I'm not understanding what backstitch lines in grey??????????? There are some backstitch lines in a squiggle line around the blue circle. Is that what they mean?

you have to really look closely to see them, but some are around the blue circle. It's Tink's wand, and it looks like the rest are on the castle. I did mine several years ago and my bright light needs a bulb so I can't say for sure how many spots there are.

countrygirl629
05-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am someone who LOVES disney and have been many times. We are DVC members and Florida Residents, so we go at least 4-5 times a year. I love the cross stitch and have completed the Puppy Love one and The Past Present and Forever. I have started Self Portrait and have Happiest Celebration waiting for me. However, I started too late to get a couple that I really wanted. I was at DTD this weekend and they told me that there were a bunch that were discontinued. I searched in MGM, Epcot, MK and DTD and was unable to find Preening Pixie or Cindrella Castle. If there is anyone who has these patterns and are willing to sell or trade, I would gladly send the ones I have your way. I am planning on obtaining the 30th Anniversary this year, and will share that one as well. If anyone can help I would greatly appreicate it. Thanks :yay:

countrygirl629
05-20-2007, 03:43 PM
I like buying my own aida cloth and dmc thread and needles rather than using all the stuff that comes with the kit. I did use the thread from the Cinderella Castle kit and never again, that thread tangled up so bad. I also prefer to stitch on 16 or 18 count rather than 14 count. Luckily there is a great needlework place here that carries all different colors of aida cloth and the quality of fabric is just so much better than what comes with the kits. So I end up paying for the whole kit and just use the chart, but to me it's worth after spending countless hours making it.

I do have most of the Art of Disney cross stitch charts and would be willing to trade for the 35th anniversary chart. If anybody wants to trade just pm me.
Hi there,
I am new to this forum, but noticed that you have some experiance with the Art of Disney Cross Stitches. I have been doing this for a year or so and have completed Puppy Love and Past Present and Forever. I am currently working on Self Portrait and have the Happiest Celebration waiting for me. However, I notice that Stoney Creek has discontinued a few that I wanted to get, and saw that you have Cinderella Castle, which is one I wanted. I wanted to see if you would be willing to trade, or sell me the directions for this. Also, if you have the Preening Pixie (Tink on the Mirror) I would love that too. Anything you can do to help, I would appreciate. Thanks.

mtblujeans
06-16-2007, 02:43 PM
This is a very good thread! :goodvibes

MerryPoppins
06-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I've always wanted to stitch Cindy's Castle. I'm so sad now that I read it's been discontinued. How I wish I'd bought the kit. I put it off thinking I'd get one when the kids were both in college and I had more time on my hands. Now I wish I at least had the chart. Anyone finished with their copy or willing to make me a copy?

stm61
06-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Just wanted to say that if anyone's been trying to contact me, my computer died. I'm at the library now, but don't know when I'll be back on-line, hopefully next week. Sorry to anyone who's tried to pm me. I promise I'm not ignoring you!

cantwait4disney
06-23-2007, 08:15 AM
I'd LOVE to get a copy of Cinderella's Castle - I'm just getting back into cross stitching and when I saw this pattern, I fell in love with it! Is there anyone out there willing to share their pattern? I don't know if I have enough posts yet to PM me, and if not, you can email me at terri@stagedwithstyle.net

Thanks!!

MarieS
06-24-2007, 07:00 PM
I am also just getting back into cross stitching and found this thread. If anyone would be willing to sell or share a copy of the patterns for Happiest Celebration and/or Cindy's Castle, please let me know! Thanks!

nts4wdw
07-07-2007, 05:10 AM
I finished it!!! I had it framed at Michael's and it hangs proudly over my piano. Don't give up. It's huge, but so worth it.
I really wanted the happiest celebration pattern, but missed it. Anyone willng to share? PM me.
Here it is!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/nuts4wdw_album/crossstitch.jpg

dreams91
07-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Very beautiful. I haven't even started yet.... I haven't seen anyone do the 'family dinner' yet. I like that one, but it retired before I could find it. You have motivated me to try to get mine out and work on it....

Stefferina
07-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Wow, totally gorgeous!

tashasmum
07-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Very beautiful. I haven't even started yet.... I haven't seen anyone do the 'family dinner' yet. I like that one, but it retired before I could find it. You have motivated me to try to get mine out and work on it....

Here's mine, I'm working on past, present forever at the moment

I've completed 6 so far

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/florida3466/P7211162.jpg

AlwaysGoofy
07-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Wow! Both of your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! You are motivating me to work harder on my "Puppy Love."

tashasmum
07-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Wow! Both of your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! You are motivating me to work harder on my "Puppy Love."

I've completed that one if you want to see it. It was the first one I completed

laluna
07-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi Stefferina, I have nearly finished mine (after 2 1/2 years although I did have a baby in there somewhere!) I will bookmark your details and be in touch when I've finished. You are welcome to the pattern if you haven't found one by then.

cobbler
07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Wow, they are great. I am working on the HCOE one. It's pretty big, I was hoping to finish it this year but I don't think so.

Stefferina
07-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks laluna! I appreciate you keeping me in mind. It really looks like an awesome piece.

dreams91
07-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know if you order these through Disney DeliverEARS can you use your rewards card?

TwistofLemon
07-26-2007, 01:30 AM
I finished it!!! I had it framed at Michael's and it hangs proudly over my piano. Don't give up. It's huge, but so worth it.
I really wanted the happiest celebration pattern, but missed it. Anyone willng to share? PM me.
Here it is!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/nuts4wdw_album/crossstitch.jpg
Absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing!

TwistofLemon
07-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Here's mine, I'm working on past, present forever at the moment

I've completed 6 so far

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/florida3466/P7211162.jpg

Oh this is beautiful. You do fantastic work. Thanks for sharing!

experiment_627
07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Anyone willing to share or sell a copy of the Cindy's Castle pattern or know where I could get one? I have exhausted everywhere else I know to look.

Post, PM me, or email me at cnava23@hotmail.com if you would be willing to help. I'd REALLY appreciate it.

:goodvibes

tashasmum
07-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Sorry but i can't help with this pattern. I have completed this one but the glissengloss thread annoyed me that much that i think i must have got rid of the pattern as well. It was very hard to stitch with.

experiment_627
07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Nevermind what I said about DH finding me one. He didn't know what he was looking at. :sad1:

So, I am still looking for Cindy's castle, Happiest Celebration, and Preening Pixie.

We have Past, Present, Forever I'd be willing to trade, and we are soon getting the 35th Anniversary and one of the wedding ones as well.

Just PM or email me.

Thanks!

laluna
07-27-2007, 02:45 AM
As I posted previously, I have nearly finished my Fireworks Castle Picture and will be willing to copy the pattern for people when I have. I will keep you updated on here!

brikinn
08-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I'd love love love either the castle with fireworks OR Tink. I have nothing to trade (my two disney projects are pretty simple, one's called "Cruisin'" and I don't know what the other is called, but it's Mickey and Minnie at a sock hop - though anyone is welcome to either!)

I was just really close to bidding on one of those computer generated cross stitch grids on ebay for a castle, and thought, "I'll just do it." and read down through and noticed that the finished size was like 7" by 8", so maybe if I were a mouse that'd be a good one for me :)

Please let me know!! I'm obviously also willing to pay!

tashasmum
08-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Just completed Past Present and Forever, in time for my trip to Wdw to buy more.

downunder
08-28-2007, 04:39 AM
Hi Everyone

I am so excited to find this thread! I absolutely love cross stitching. I am from Sydney Australia and there is no disney charts or kits available other than winnie the pooh.

If anyone would be able to copy me their charts i would be forever greatful. I am not fussed on design anything would be amazing.

I also have a beautiful alice in wonderland tea party that i got from england that i am willing to copy for anyone who wants it.

Thanks a million
JEss

cind51284
09-07-2007, 01:59 PM
i love this cross stitch feel in love at disney a couple of years ago and i couldnt find it since...does anyone have a copy i can have?

laluna
09-14-2007, 04:48 AM
Hi

I have finished this now and have made copies of the chart. I have been swamped by requests for a copy so I am afriad I am going to have to ask those who want a copy to pay a small amount for post and packing otherwise I will be out of pocket quite a bit!

If you are in the UK, please send me a SAE. Postage to the USA costs £1.75 which is about $3. I am guessing that paypal will be the best way??? Please pm me for further details. I am sorry if this sounds cheeky but with the copying costs too I just cant stretch to sending it out for free.

:)

hbmomme
09-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Apparently since I am a new member I cannot PM or email you to give you the info. Would you mind emailing me at jimmysmome@aol.com and I can get you the info and payment needed.
Thanks so much

Kim in TN
09-16-2007, 08:10 PM
I would also be interested
you can email me at marcusplus4@charter.net

Thanks!

eeyore78
09-17-2007, 07:16 AM
I have been looking for this chart for a while. Please PM me or email me at eeyorefan_3@msn.com and let me know. I will pay whatever shipping and handling you need!! Thanks, Corey

cind51284
09-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi, I can't PM you either because I am a new member...But i am glad to pay you the fee. My email addy is cind51284@gmail.com

thank you in advance,

Cindy

SandraVB79
09-18-2007, 02:27 AM
Hello people!
This is the first time I am on this board, and the first time I hear about these cross stitch charts. Woow, they are amazing!

So, where can I buy those? Some website said that it can only be bought at select theme parks. I guess DLP is not selected, never seen it there, but in just a month, I'll be at WDW!!!
Can anyone tell me where to get them over there, (like: which store?)

Thanks a lot!

Sandra

tashasmum
09-18-2007, 05:02 AM
They can be purchased in the Art of Disney at DD. They also have a shop in Epcot just as you go through the entrance past the ball. You could also buy them in Ak but i did not see them when we went in Aug.
There is a web site called Stoney Creek that would enable you to look at all the Disney ones, retired and new ones.

SandraVB79
09-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Thank you so much!
Exactly one month (and two flights) and i'll be able to buy it, woohoo!

Stefferina
09-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Laluna, I too would be interested.

gingerpeach
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
They can be purchased in the Art of Disney at DD. They also have a shop in Epcot just as you go through the entrance past the ball. You could also buy them in Ak but i did not see them when we went in Aug.
There is a web site called Stoney Creek that would enable you to look at all the Disney ones, retired and new ones.

Can anyone tell me the current price at Art of Disney? Could I also be able to call them and have them ship it? Trying to determine if I risk waiting until I'm there February or try to have one shipped now or try to buy one on EBAY if it is less expensive that way. I wouldn't want one to retire before I get there! :hourglass

dreams91
09-19-2007, 10:50 PM
i think they are right around 50-60.

Shashi
09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Laluna,

I too would be very interested in the Cinderella castle pattern. I've been looking for a long time to get one & just can't seen to find it. Please let me know if I can get one from you.

MushyMushy
10-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm glad I found this thread! You all are inspiring me to work on my pattern. I've only got about an inch done. :laughing: I got Past, Present and Forever, and I'm so sorry I didn't pick up the Happiest Celebration pattern while I was there. I don't know why I didn't realize it would be retired!

tashasmum
10-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Can anyone tell me the current price at Art of Disney? Could I also be able to call them and have them ship it? Trying to determine if I risk waiting until I'm there February or try to have one shipped now or try to buy one on EBAY if it is less expensive that way. I wouldn't want one to retire before I get there! :hourglass

i bought the ones that i was missing in Aug and they were priced from $45-$55.

MushyMushy
10-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, this is depressing!

I lost my pattern for Past, Present, and Forever. I took it out of the kit to make enlarged copies and I must have lost it when we moved. I searched through all the boxes we have left and it's just gone. :sad2: I still have the aida cloth, all the floss, and the original packaging -- just not the pattern!:headache:

pooh fan 13
10-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Laluna, I am also VERY interested. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy it in 2003 when I saw it in WDW! I cannot PM since I am new, so please PM me or email me at tap151@prodigy.net

Thanks!!

firechick139
10-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Hello! I am also an avid cross-stitcher. I was wondering if Art Of Disney has a website to order off of? I looked on Disneyshopping.com and they don't have any cross stitch on there.

MushyMushy
10-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Firechick, no website, but you can call Disney directly and order things from WDW.

I'll see if I can find that number for you.

eeyore60
10-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I've also been trying to find both Cinderella Castle and Happiest Celebration on Earth cross stitch kits. I've called Disney World, but since they are retired, they no longer carry them.

I would love to have a copy of both charts if anyone has them available and would like to share -- I'll pay.

I've sent messages to several others but have not heard back.....

firechick139
10-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I would also love to have a copy of any of those Disney charts. I have none of them. The Castle would be especially great! Anyone willing to share, please pm me!

laluna
10-21-2007, 06:47 AM
I have photocopies of the Cindy Cross Stitch Pattern which I am happy to share. I am in the UK so would appreciate a contribution towards postage/copying costs please ($5). My email for paypal payments is hubbardjude@hotmail.com - I think this is easiest way to send money across countries! Alternatively please email me if you ahve any queries.

firechick139
10-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks laluna. I will pm you.

eeyore60
10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Thank you Laluna. I will message you also

firechick139
11-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi! How are we all doing with our projects? Anybody willing to share photos of their completed ones? I am not doing a Disney chart at the moment. I am working on Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum's "Angel Of Healing" from Lavendar & Lace for my Grandmother.

What are YOU working on?

MushyMushy
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Here's the number if anyone wants to order directly through Art of Disney store.

407-828-3929

nightowl1986
11-13-2007, 09:25 PM
I am also looking for the cinderella castle as well as the happiest celebration on earth......can anyone help me out PLEASE !!!!!!!!!! I would greatly appreciate it!!

Diz-Mommy
11-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Beautiful work ladies!! I love them both! I cannot sit still long enough to do cross stitchiing:rotfl:

mblake214
08-22-2008, 08:32 AM
I am looking for a copy of the 35th anniversary chart. I have several disney charts and I would be happy to trade of purchase a copy, Thanks Erica

gladstoneganderfan
09-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I have photocopies of the Cindy Cross Stitch Pattern which I am happy to share. I am in the UK so would appreciate a contribution towards postage/copying costs please ($5). My email for paypal payments is hubbardjude@hotmail.com - I think this is easiest way to send money across countries! Alternatively please email me if you ahve any queries.

Hi, I PMed you too. Thanks

Tink_Crazy
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I am looking for Cinderella Castle with tinkerbell I can trade for Preening Pixie if anyone has it..

Tearsa Smith
09-09-2008, 07:03 AM
I am willing to trade. I sent you a private message, but you can email me at tearsasmith@yahoo.com and we will set it up to trade.

momofzeus
06-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Over the years, the price really hasn't changed much. It's the material that will cost you big bucks even if you trade patterns! Just trying to reach the point where I can email about cross stitch to ladies on here. Thanks

mtblujeans
06-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Someone was going to send me a pattern all those years ago and they never did. I'm hoping everyone is still trading. :goodvibes

KDluvsWDWx10
08-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Hello everyone! I see a lot of people asking for the retired pattern of Cinderella's Castle with Tinkerbell. I, too, am going to be one of those people. Does anyone have a pattern they would be willing to sell? I am new to this, so can't email yet. I will also take a copy, if the color symbols are legible.

Thanks!!!