PDA

View Full Version : DCL Transfers ??

Dustin & Shelby's Mom
02-23-2003, 07:04 PM
We are staying at CBR the night before our cruise and I know that we can get the busses to the port from there, but I would like to try to get to the port earlier and see about upgrading, making ressies, etc. Is it possible to catch the DCL bus from somewhere else, i.e. Grand Floridian or Contemporary after a character breakfast, and still have our luggage taken from CBR? I know security maybe an issue, but I would really like to get there earlier, but I do not want to have to take our luggage with us.

Also, does anyone know when the bus leaves from AK for the port? Would we have to take our luggage there as well?

TIA

Dottie

vicnmickey
02-23-2003, 08:01 PM
We too, are doing the land/sea with CBR. We are doing the Animal Kingdom pickup. You leave your luggage in your room and the DCL picks up your bags and they magically show up on the ship. The only thing you have to take with you, is your carry ons. So I am sure if you told the CM at the cruise desk during checkin of your intentions, there should be no problems. They just like to know ahead of time, so they know how many busses to send to that hotel or stop. Have a great trip. When are you sailing?

Dustin & Shelby's Mom
02-23-2003, 11:52 PM
We are sailing on the March 23rd Wonder. Do you know what time they pick up from the Animal Kingdom? I am not sure where we want to be picked up from, but I will know by the time we get there.

vicnmickey
02-24-2003, 06:41 AM
The pickup is at 12:15 to get on the buses. You check in at a cruise line desk at the front entrance of Animal Kingdom. They will check your carryon bags for you and give you fastpasses, I believe to two of the rides. We opted for this option so we can get a couple more hours of the parks in before we head of to our cruise.
Have a wonderful vacation

Dustin & Shelby's Mom
02-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the information. It looks like this maybe something we might want to do. It really looks like the ship is getting full, so there may not be any reason to try and upgrade.

Can't the next 24 days go any faster! I would really rather be cruising.

Thanks,
Dottie

vicnmickey
02-24-2003, 04:08 PM
I hope you have a great time! 24 days, I have 64 and I am getting really anxious. Happy sailing!