PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get phone call re DVC internet survey?

Simba's Mom
02-22-2003, 11:11 AM
This morning I got a phone call from a marketing firm out of Boston, MA (of course, I didn't catch the name) asking me to participate in a DVC internet survey on the accomodations at WDW. The only information she asked for was my Email address when I agreed-she already had my name, home address, etc. (didn't mention home resort or anything). She also talked briefly about weather and I found out that even though the firm she worked for was out of Boston, she was calling from Florida. This seemed legitimate since she didn't ask for much. I'm only concerned if now I'm going to get another call trying to sell me something. But then again, maybe it is just a DVC survey on their accomodations, just as she said. Anyone else hear about this?

CarolMN
02-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Haven't heard or read anything about this survey. Since all they asked for was an email address, it probably won't hurt to participate if you hve the time. If the survey asks questions you don't want to answer, you can always just "quit"

You might considering calling MS to check on this survey if you are at all worried. If they are not aware of it (or can't find out anything about it in a short period of time), it probably is not legitimate.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

RweTHEREyet
02-22-2003, 11:16 AM
I had a phone call a couple of months back, not from DVC, but from someone doing a WDW survey. They asked if I would participate in an on-line survey, I said yes, and a few weeks later a survey showed up in my e-mail. At the end of the survey they offered me $10.00 for my time, or I could donate the $10.00 to the organization at WDW that gives trip to terminally ill children, do not remember the name. I donated, would have felt like a heel if I hadn't.

Buzzsgramma
02-22-2003, 11:24 AM
I got a call the other night.....she talked to fast..kept asking her to repeat what she said...Think she named a group like a firm name and said something about our DVC..I said 'Are u representing Disney?" thought she said "Yes"....then proceeded to ask me "...if I own DVC" gee......isn't that why she was calling...I opted not to do survey....everyone knows enough of your business as it is...

CarolMN
02-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Apparently there are quite a few members getting this call. Just found this recent thread on the same subject:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=333047