PDA

View Full Version : BVC, BWV or OKW with kids

boysx3
02-22-2003, 10:09 AM
We are going to Disney in April with sons (9,8,3). I knwo the pool at the BCV is great but do they have any other activies for kids. We stayed at the BWV last April and the Community Hall was great. They also had games for the kids by th pool area duri=ring the day. Any idea if BCV offers this. Our reservations are for the BCV and I don't now if I should try to change them. Please help.

BillM
02-22-2003, 11:22 AM
If you are talking about this April '03 you would have practically no chance of changing ressies at this time. Instead focus on BCV which should be a great location for your family. SAB is the best pool on property, hands down.
As for the activities for the kids, I don't have any experience wth that. Someone else will answer.

Have a great trip !

colleen costello
02-22-2003, 08:13 PM
There are some planned activities for children at BCV. When we were there last it was pool-centered. One day I remember it was some sort of scavenger hunt. I just got a DVC newsletter and they mention this type of activity being available. There is also a nice room downstairs (off the lobby) with small chairs and a tv that shows Disney movies. Seemed like a nice place for a quiet half-hour.

My children spent a lot of time digging in the sand at Stormalong Bay. We spent a lot of time there because it had more to it than the average pool. We also went over to Boardwalk for some of the fun there.

I think you will enjoy Stormalong Bay and the whole area very much.

boysx3
02-23-2003, 06:46 AM
Thanks so much for the information. Only 45 days and we will be there. Can't wait.:wave:

CaptainMidnight
02-23-2003, 07:53 AM
There's also a small playground out by SAB if it's too cold to get wet. The arcade is available as well as the Sandcastle Club in the evenings. There's volley ball for older kids. The sand beach is available to play on.

I'd be interested in learning more about the kids activities that are avaialable at BCV too. We don't have the advantage of the BWV Community Hall, but there still may be resort activities we are nto aware of. We did visit Santa at the YC last Christmas. He councelled my older son about being nicer to his younger brother. Boy was that worth the walk to the YC lobby.

BCVOwner2002
02-23-2003, 08:00 AM
Our first trip to B&YC was when DS was 11 years ago, when he was 6. DS LOVED SAB, B&C and the video arcarde. I would highly recommend BCV. Besides BW is within walking distance too. Annmarie