PDA

View Full Version : Renting points for part of your stay?

kathyg
02-22-2003, 09:27 AM
Hi all,
Wasn't sure whether to post on this board or the other...

I was wondering if it is possible to rent points for part of your stay (weekdays) and pay for the rest (weekends). If this is possible, how would I go about it?

Thanks.

CarolMN
02-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Make the weekend reservation yourself via CRO.

Ask the DVC member to make the points reservation and give him/her the confirmatin number of the CRO/cash reservation. Ask DVC member to have MS note cash reservation number on the points reservation with a request to stay in same room.

Call CRO and ask them to note your DVC confirmation number on the cash reservation with request to stay in the same room.

Fax DVC resort 3 or 4 days ahead of time to repeat request. Be sure to include both confirmation numbers.

Ask again at check in.

Good luck!

kathyg
02-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info Carol....I appreciate your help! But, what is MS?

WebmasterDoc
02-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by kathyg
Thanks for the info Carol....I appreciate your help! But, what is MS?

MS is DVC's Member's Services, where your point reservation was made by the member from whom you have rented.

It's still possible that you would have to change rooms for the weekend, but by doing the things outlined above, you will maximize your chances to stay in the same room. You will still likely need to check-in again on Friday and get a new key- even if you are allowed to stay in the same room.

Since these are two entirely separate reservations, booked thru two entirely separate reservation systems, staying in the same room won't be guaranteed, but may still happen.

Good Luck!!

kathyg
02-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Staying in the same room is a priority for me. And, just to complicate matters, I have two weekends, one on either side of my "week". So that probably means two additional reservations in addition to the DVC ressie. Guess I was hoping for too much! Oh well, back to the drawing board.:)

Dean
02-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by kathyg
Staying in the same room is a priority for me. And, just to complicate matters, I have two weekends, one on either side of my "week". So that probably means two additional reservations in addition to the DVC ressie. Guess I was hoping for too much! Oh well, back to the drawing board.:) It's very unlikely they'll make you change but you might have to check back in, in this case 2 times. It's in their best interest not to have to clean the room for a new family as compared to what they do on an a daily basis. In the scenario you describe, you'd get full cleaning for the weekends and a Trash and Tidy during the middle of your stay. Still there's no way to guarantee it unless you do it all cash or all points. Even then something could happern to your room that necessitated you moving like a flood in the unit but that's obviously unlikely.

MELSMICE
02-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Is it a better deal to pay cash for a weekend night than to rent points from a DVC member? From my experience the cash costs are usually more than the cost of renting points.

CarolMN
02-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by MELSMICE
Is it a better deal to pay cash for a weekend night than to rent points from a DVC member? From my experience the cash costs are usually more than the cost of renting points.

It's usually more cost effective to pay cash for the weekend nights (Friday & Saturday), but it depends on the cash discounts available and how much the member is charging per point. You have to do your homework to find the best deal.