PDA

View Full Version : Where did you stay before you bought DVC?

anniet
02-22-2003, 09:04 AM
For many years we stayed mostly offsite with an occasional onsite stay at a WDW Resort. Usually CBR or CSR.

But I was thinking I'm the exception not the rule and that most DVC members probably stayed onsite most of the time prior to purchasing.

So where did you stay before you purchased....WDW Resorts or offsite?

yasuern
02-22-2003, 09:25 AM
AllStar Movies twice and All Star Music once

Our last AS vacation in 2000 the pop werner kids were there and they were out of control - each morning when I would walk up to the food court to get coffee - there was a lot of trash - in fountains on bushes - the two straws that pushed us to DVC were
1. we arrived back from the parks one evening and the kids wanted to go swimming - so we suited up and when we arrived at the pool in each corner there were the adults that I assummed were there to watch the kids - in each corner with cases of beer - not watching the out of control kids -
2. The morning I walked up to get coffee and saw a little court yard area fountain filled with empty paper cups and the small trees covered in tiolet paper.

I don't blame the kids at all - I blame the "adults" that were supposed to be watching them - pitiful!

Terry S
02-22-2003, 09:39 AM
We stayed at the Beach Club, that is why buying at the BCV was a no brainer for us.

GAIL HAYDEN
02-22-2003, 09:41 AM
POFQ and CBR, once offsite.

Regina
02-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Either the Polynesian or the Villas in Downtown Disney (Disney Institute.)

imgoingtodisney
02-22-2003, 09:48 AM
1996 All Star Music
2001 Wilderness Lodge - then we bought DVC
2002 PO/FQ after buying into DVC but dont ask for details

ClarabelleCow
02-22-2003, 10:14 AM
WE stayed offsite at a Days Inn or something, and swore if we were doing Disney, we would never stay off site again, We stayed at Vistana and just did a day at Disney (that is a great resort, but once you buy in, your investment drops to almost half its worth!!!!) Then we have stayed at the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and the Cabins at the Campground, which was fun, but found the busses to be a pain, but that could also be because I was 8 months pregnant and we had downpours the entire stay!!!! We stayed at Vero a few times and thats how I started to really consider DVC, then bought resale just prior to a stay at OKW on rented points, and that confirmed our decision with my hubby!!!

MdmMim
02-22-2003, 10:15 AM
Pre-DVC, I stayed at the Poly, CR, GF, BC, BWV, Disney's Village Resort (became DI), and WL. I came to the point where I realized how much $ I was spending for a hotel room on each trip :rolleyes: and seriously looked at DVC--I discovered I could have been directing all that $ toward points. That's when I joined. :D

SheriB
02-22-2003, 10:19 AM
We stayed offsite 1st time. I was fine and content and thought it was close and convenient(didn't feel any need to stay onsite).

The second time we stayed at CBR. It was an unplanned trip. My son saw the big postcard that came in the mail with a discount rate for Disney's moderate resorts. He said, "Mom, is this a good price?" I said, "Yeah, it really is." He said, "Do you think we could go to Disney again and stay there?" I said, "Go ask your father (thinking he would say no)." Well, he said, "Go ask your mother." Of course I said yes (we used some of the money we were going to remodel our bathroom with-the bathroom could wait).

After staying at CBR, I decided then and there that I would only stay in Disney from then forward (there really is something magical about staying onsite). We toured DVC while there our last day and decided to buy 2 or 3 weeks later. This June will be our 3rd time time at Disney, but our 1st time at DVC. Can't wait!:Pinkbounc

Sheri

drusba
02-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Pre-DVC stayed off-site twice; stayed on site all the rest; have stayed at every place on site except AKL, YC and AS; note that includes staying at the Shades of Green when it was the Golf Resort and then the Disney Inn.

lacool
02-22-2003, 10:30 AM
1st time was in a house in Kissimee, a very long 30 minute drive away with plenty of tolls each way, AND I made my poor sister sit through a 2 hour timeshare spiel to get it at a discount. I never wanted to stay offsite again. Since then we've stay at Shades of Green, Poly, and Contemp. Took the DVC tour on the final day of that last trip and loved the idea of a 1 or 2 bedroom! Talked ourselves into it before we reached the airport!

Figment2
02-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Let's see - Contemporary, Ft. Wilderness cabins, Carribean Beach, Port Orleans, and Dixie Landings (before the name change). Only once offsite and I swore never again. Since I joined DVC, Beach Club (before there were villas), All Star Sports (couldn't beat the room rate), Boardwalk (my home) and Old Key West and one of these days, the Grand Floridian.

Cyn

tampapirate
02-22-2003, 10:48 AM
In the 25 years I have been going to WDW, I have stayed at all resorts but the AKL and GF. Beach club rules, esspecially if you have children.:smooth:

AEN
02-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Without going back to my youth and pre marriange; we stayed at:
ASMu 96
ASMu 98
ASMo 00

Then DW and I stayed at the Contemporary in 2000, on a business trip, and we loved more uspscale accomodations and the proximity to a park. That convinced us to sit with the DVC guide.

Then we stayed at BWV on another business trip in June 2002 and I pushed her hard to sit with the guide again.

Based on the accomodations, and the other features, and our friends really encouraging us, we decided to take the jump in September 2002.

I think the AS's are a great start for on-site.

Maistre Gracey
02-22-2003, 10:54 AM
We stayed mostly at The Poly, but we through in an occasional Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We really like the resorts that lend themselves to heavier themeing.
Funny thing is, now my favorite resort (DVC or otherwise) is VWL.
I guess it worked out for us! :cool:

disclaimer: I am not home, and do not have my dictionary by my side, so please excuse my spelling!

Buzzsgramma
02-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Stayed at POR (2rms.), FW,(2 cabins), Poly (2 rms.) ,WL (3rms), two yrs in a row...good grief....DH said "Lets check out this DVC" ..all that $$$ on hotels....love our BWV...

DisneyHumbug
02-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Started out at Ft. Wilderness (first a tent, then a pop-up, then a travel trailer!). Moved up to DxL, CSR, Contempo, then DVC!

SNOWHITE7
02-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Our first visit was off site, the whole trip was a prize in a free draw. Our other three trips we have stayed at All Star Movies. On our last trip we saw DVC and really wanted to buy. Completed on a resale at OKW at the end of December (after all the helpful advice on these boards) :) and looking forward to our first trip home in 2004. Using points at DLP this year.

DIGGER68
02-22-2003, 12:34 PM
The allstars and downtown disney area.

Do I ever want to go back to that? NO WAY.

MickeyCrazed
02-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Dixie Landings (95)
Port Orleans (97)
Wilderness Lodge (98)
Boardwalk Inn (99)

We toured DVC (Old Key West) during our first trip, but couldn't afford it.
During our trip to the Boardwalk Inn, my DH said "Either we buy DVC or we don't come back."
Boy did he make that decision hard! ;)

DisneyPhD
02-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Our sig says it all. Mostly Mod resorts, DL was our fav. Always on site. Stayed away from Allstars because we often go over college spring break (hubby teaches) and feel it would be full of students and crazy kids. We stayed at Y&B once, in Feb when I was 8 months pregnant. I didn't think we would get to stay there again, until we joined DVC and now we will be there in 6 days!!!!! We also got a great deal with a code and stayed at Poly for 196 a night.

Now with DVC we have 40 years ahead of us with a Deluxe I never thought we would be able to afford.

JKLLady
02-22-2003, 12:55 PM
We always stayed at the YC before joining & stayed at ASMu once, because DD's Marching Band was staying there before they played in Spectromagic. ASMu was a HUGE letdown when you're used to YC (plus, DH, DS & I got stuck w/a HC room; good thing DS was only 3 at the time; the king bed made do for the tree of us)!!! We toured @ BW on Mother's Day during the ASMu trip & completed WLV purchase when we got home(and did a BCV add-on). There's no looking back now!!!

Macnjac87
02-22-2003, 01:41 PM
1995 - Dixie Landings
1996 - Dixie Landings
1998 - Port Orleans

Loved both of the above moderates, but went to the Winnie The Pooh Breakfast at Old Key West on our second trip, checked out the DVC info and decided we couldn't afford it then. Checked it out again online in January of 2000, bought at BWV sight unseen, and went "home" for the first time in April of 2000 to Old Key West. So, far we have stayed at OKW twice, VB twice (added on there) and have a trip planned next month to BCV and a trip planned in July to HH. Have not stayed at our home resort yet!!

nezy
02-22-2003, 03:32 PM
We did not come to WDW. We had no kids and flew to Puerto Rico. After we had kids we though PR would not be an annual option.

Lucky for me my brother owmed DVC, so we would stay at OKW. After staying w/him a few times and going on a few time-share tours(Marriott, Sunterra, Sheraton Vistana) we knew we had to buy DVC.

We are so happy we did, althugh I would like to go back to PR again! I will have to look into World Passport option.

TinkHappy
02-22-2003, 03:37 PM
WL, That is what convinced us to become members. WE LOVE THE LODGE!!! :teeth:

Verandah Man
02-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Our first few trips we stayed at Fort Wilderness Trailers(before cabin days), we have also stayed at All Star Music, and All Star Sports. Have also stayed off site a couple of times(traveling with others), but we prefer staying on site.

WDWLVR
02-22-2003, 04:18 PM
We've stayed just about everywhere onsite. We honeymooned at the Grand Floridian in '90 and stayed at All Stars Movies in Jan. of 2000 when we bought into DVC. In between we did Yacht Club, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Carribean Beach, and Poly. Since joining we have also stayed at Villas of Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk (our home), Coronado Springs and have a trip planned for the end of the year at Contemporary. I love DVC but that doesn't mean we won't try other things as well.

loveswdw
02-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Well, considering we just put our deposit down today... I don't know if we are officially DVC but I'll post a reply anyway!;)

ASMu once, POFQ twice, CSR once (never again!), then we did the Hard Rock a couple of years ago (definitely one of the coolest hotels ever!!).

:cool:

loveswdw

MAC3
02-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Twice off site. Then we moved up to the All-Stars... Music 4 times and Movies 1. Thank God for DVC our prepaid hotel room for the next 39 years!!!

Enjoy,
Lisa

JVL1018
02-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by anniet

So where did you stay before you purchased....WDW Resorts or offsite?
Always onsite: 5 times at CBR(our favorite until we joined DVC), 1 time each at PO, AS Sports, AS Music, CSR and twice at DL/PO-R

DISNEYDEVOTEE
02-22-2003, 05:35 PM
We always stayed at Dixie landings, until one time we were upgraded to the Beach Club because I complained about the pool being closed! Stayed at the Beach Club every year until the 25th anniversary when we stayed twice, at that time we took the DVC tour and bought on the spot. Best money ever spent

Bob

mikesmom
02-22-2003, 05:46 PM
I guess we're the odd ones. We'd NEVER stayed onsite in several visits. When it was just me and DS it was Ramada,Best Western (never again!), Days Inn, , whatever was inexpensive. As my income increased, quality increased with succeeding stays. After I married DH, we stayed at Hilton, Days Inn Suites, Embassy Suites (no HIFS then and we wanted the separate bedroom) or 2 rooms somewhere I don't even remember.

When Boardwalk first opened we went over there to walk the Boardwalk and see what was going on. When we saw the Boardwalk hotel, DS asked if we could stay there "just once". I think he was 14 and we took 2 years to save up once I found out what rooms were going for. (sillyme, we payed rack rate - didn't know about these boards). The rest is history. All it took was walking into a 1 bedroom - we were ruined. We took the tour, did some research, ran the numbers, and have been happy members at BWV ever since.

Pig Pen
02-22-2003, 07:08 PM
We worked our way up from off-site roach motels to All Stars, to moderate, then a deluxe. We love Disney (DH refuses to go anywhere else...well, maybe somewhere else in FL, but that's it).

We toured all the monorail resorts and the boardwalk resorts on our last visit and decided DVC was the way to go.

paults
02-22-2003, 07:17 PM
We stayed off-site twice(Enclave and Vistana) before deciding to stay on site at BWV on cash in 2002. But before we made ressies I discovered the DISBOARDS and DVC and decided to put the $1100 towards DVC that we were going to use for cash ressie. Already have our 3rd trip booked. :wave: :crazy: :teeth:

rpink58
02-22-2003, 07:47 PM
In 1994 we stayed at the ALstar sports. We went home and all we did was talk about how much fun we had. While digging through the WDW stuff came across the DVC paper work, called recieved the video and the rest is history.

timC
02-22-2003, 07:58 PM
We stayed at CBR, and DW and I have both had opportunities to attend business conventions at the Dolphin.

On one trip, our taxi driver pointed out some nice buildings and said these were vacation homes that were owned by some lucky people. DW and I looked at each other, and smiled.

Our next trip was to BWV, and the rest is history.

SueOKW
02-22-2003, 08:13 PM
WL Campgrounds.. then a LOOOONg break.. DS was born, (disabled, but that's another story!) and we didn't go anywhere for quite some time.

Finally everything settled down and two kids later we called a travel agent and said we needed a place with a kitchen.. took a friend to balance adult / child ratio and suddenly we were in an OKW 2-BR...

We knew WDW was perfect for our family after that.. when i booked similar digs at Disney Institute I realized we couldn't keep paying that much money!!! There was no choice .. a no-brainer...

Joined, and LOVE IT!

Sue

(32 days .... OKW)

AZKathy
02-22-2003, 11:55 PM
We visited WDW for the first time staying with a DVC friend at OKW. We bought into DVC right after returning home from the trip.

Barb
02-23-2003, 12:06 AM
We pretty much stayed at one of the monorail resorts. Being a family of 5 at the time, it was our only choice. When the boys were older, and didn't accompany us we stayed at WL and AKL.

sgtdisney
02-23-2003, 01:38 AM
Before we bought into the DVC we stayed at primarily at the Villas at Disney Village, or whatever they were calling it that year.. We stayed in both the Townhouses as well as the Treehouses. Prior to that we stayed at the The Golf Resort. On my honeymoon, the year before our DVC membership we stayed at the Polynesian. Have always wanted to go back there, but when you look at the points for a room at the Polynesian and a Villa at OKW, we just can't justify giving up all that space.. :) I have stayed at the Dolphin twice since we joined, but that was when my company sent me to conferences, so it was on their dime. Of course I had to extend my time and stay at OKW for a couple days after the conferences were over.. ;)

eva
02-23-2003, 05:58 AM
We only went to WDW twice before buying DVC. Both times we stayed at CBR. We really loved staying on-site and had decided to check out DVC. But the first year that we went DVC was requiring that you bought 270 points. That was too much for us at that time. When we returned in 97 the points required to purchase had gone down to 150 and we decided to take the plunge and bought 150 points at OKW.

bliss4us
02-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Our first Disney stay was at POR/WL for our honeymoon - a week at each, 1998. Then we went back in Nov. 2002 and stayed at AKL. I had already done considerable research on DVC while planning our most recent trip, so we already knew we wanted in when we got there. Bought at VWL - so happy!

Our guide, Mike Corriveau, was great - although we were probably the easiest sale he ever had LOL!

Daisy;)

Beth
02-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Before buying into DVC, <i>we didn't visit Disney</i>! That is, we only went over for day trips.

We planned a last minute week-long trip back in '96 - 2 nights in Naples, 2 nights in Orlando, and 2 nights in St. Augustine. We couldn't forget that experience at the off-site resort in Orlando. You were fighting for your life to board the "free transportation" bus in the EPCOT bus lot - it was AWFUL!!

Anyway - we were first introduced to the DVC concept at that time. We had been married for 2 years, and had never even CONSIDERED the thought of a timeshare. I took the info home and brewed over it for several months - eventually signed the papers in April '97.

So DVC has caused us to go from "never visiting Disney" to "visiting 3 or more times/year!"

akghutton
02-23-2003, 09:50 AM
My husband and I stayed at the former Dixie Landings, now Port Orleans Riverside. We loved it there, especially the boatride to Downtown Disney. However, now that we have stayed in a 2-bedroom at our home resort, the Boardwalk, it would be very hard to go back to Dixie Landings.;)

ncligs
02-23-2003, 10:31 AM
As Beth has stated above we didn't visit WDW hardly at all before 1997.When we did, we stayed at Dixie Landings(Port Orleans Riverside). My sister invited us down to stay in a GV at OKW in 1997. Now the rest is history and we go at least 2-3 time a year and have 500 pts since joining DVC in 1999.:D

jennymouse
02-23-2003, 11:13 AM
I haven't offically purchased yet (will in the next couple weeks), but I know my next stay will be in my "home.";)

My aunt & uncle used to live in Orlando...my uncle is an engineer with the company that helped build, Epcot, MGM, WL (An interesting tidbit, my uncle went to Italy to purchase tile for WL once...I thought that was cool info), CBR & not sure what else there. Anyway, we used to stay with them when we came to Florida. After they moved to Paradise Island? for a couple years to renovate the Atlantis resort (Don't ya just hate them.;) ), we started staying on site. I missed visiting my aunt & uncle but loved staying on site.

We stayed at ASMu a couple times, then last year we stayed at AKL for 8 nights. I figure I'll be taking my DGD8 for many years to come & I prefer the deluxe accomodations, so DVC makes since to me.

DVC Grandpa
02-23-2003, 11:17 AM
Dixie Landings was our base for most of our visits. Loved the old southern setting. We revisited the dining area in January and found it to be partially closed…how discouraging.

Disney Doll
02-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Prior to purchasing DVC, we stayed on site. A couple of times at the BC, most of the times at a moderate. We actually stayed in every moderate at least once, and POR and POFQ several times.

Ms. WDW
02-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Polynesian each and every time!

Sometimes, we'll stroll over there for dinner and the "heart strings" get tugged. DH and I got engaged there a million years ago. I always say that one of these days I'd stay there on points. But when I check and see how many points it would be I quickly get over that "old feeling" LOL....:)

waltskids
02-23-2003, 02:37 PM
We stayed offsite and with friends once, ASMu, DL, and FW. Bought into DVC in '99 during our Fort Wilderness stay.:earsgirl: :earsboy:

CaptainMidnight
02-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Grand Floridian.

DVCGirl49
02-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Pre- DVC we've stayed at: GF, Poly, FW, CBR, and POFQ. Usually CBR and POFQ because we felt it was better to save the $ to use in the parks. Once they announced plans to build WL we REALLY wanted to stay there but it seemed so expensive. Therefore once they started building VWL and we crunched some #'s be found that we could have the best of both worlds....nice rooms for an affordable price.

sueg
02-24-2003, 09:23 AM
We stayed off-site, 16 yrs. ago, part of the old Disney Cruise, on the Big Red Boat. Never wanted to stay off-site again. Next, we stayed at the Poly & YC. While we enjoyed both of these stays, I always wished we would have used that $$$ to buy DVC, instead.

jimmytammy
02-24-2003, 04:49 PM
We stayed offsite once at The Grosvenor. It was nice but we thought the CR sure did look like the place we wanted to stay next trip since we swore we would NEVER stay offsite again.
After checking prices for CR we decided All- Star Sports was more our speed, so we stayed there next 2 trips.
Then we bought at VWL site unseen and couldnt be happier!

yesdisneyfool
02-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Before DVC, it was All Stars, DD was young. After telling a friend that we book next years trip before we leave, he said let's talk about DVC. Well after 3 months of talking we bought sight unseen at OKW and have never look back since.

We use to do 1 trip a year now it's 2, 3, or 4 trips a year. Points & AP are great.

In Oct 2002, we went back to Sports to eat at the food court, DD wanted the quesidilla (sp) and DW and I looked at each other and both said "DVC". :D

LUVMICKEY
02-24-2003, 06:19 PM
We always stayed at the Poly. We've got alot of wonderful memories there. And one time at Dixie Landings. We loved it there too. But we are ready to make some new beautiful memories at BCV.

Michele

DVC-Don
02-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Our first trip was offsite at a relatives condo. From then on it was onsite. Our list:

Beach Club, 1/1995
Wilderness Lodge, 1/1997
Contemporary, 1/1998 & 1/1999
Polynesian, 12/1999
Dixie Landings, 2/2000
Carribean Beach, 12/2000

Then came DVC:
Boardwalk Villas, 8/2001
Old Key West, 1/2002
Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, 4/2002 & 2/2003

Granny
02-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Interesting question and responses...

We were the Wilderness Lodge version of Terry S.:)

We stayed at WL a couple of times and fell for the theming in a big way.

When VWL came up, it was easy for us to buy into DVC.

mickey7861
02-24-2003, 11:27 PM
The first trip we stayed at the Disney Inn (87)
Then we spent several trips at CBR (5x)
Then DxL (3x)
Then ASSp (once, never again!)
Then CSR (2x)
Then the Poly (still do weekends there!)
Bought DVC in 2000 while staying at CSR/DxL.
We had never stayed offsite that's why DVC really appealed to us.

nezy
02-24-2003, 11:35 PM
What was the "Disney Inn"?

mickey7861
02-24-2003, 11:38 PM
It's Shades of Green now. First it was the Golf Resort and then the Disney Inn.

ScottOKW2K
02-24-2003, 11:42 PM
We stayed at Dixie Landings in 11/99, bought OKW sight unseen in june of '00 before staying in Dixie Landings again in 11/00. We wanted to use our points for that stay, but by the time the resale closed there wasn't availability for our dates. Dixie was one of the main reasons we felt comfortable buying into DVC without seeing it - if a Disney moderate could be that nice and relaxing, just think how nice the "Home away from Home" resorts must be.

We were right :sunny: .

BTW, I did the AS Sports once later on a solo trip - just not my style. Maybe staying in a VWL 2-bedroom just a few months before may have skewed my opinion, though ? :rolleyes:

spiceycat
02-25-2003, 12:35 PM
you are talking about after OKW was built and before you brought right - Contemporary back when you basically got the room free when you brought the package for the "Jolly Holidays" - anyone else remember this? - saw OKW and I wanted to buy - but got talked out of it - next year took everyone - over 8 people to DL (POR) and brought tickets and meals and say this is crazy and brought OKW that year. I was still told I was crazy and wasting my money - but hey I knew I would be back to WDW.

Besides I was working full time and going to school at night - so I didn't have alot time off - my nephew was due to start school and our schedules won't match. So buying DVC allowed me to go to WDW and them at different times - but we all still got our WDW fix each year.

kpatches
02-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Before joining DVC in 1993 going back to 1979 we stayed many times mainly in the Polynesian Resort. We also stayed at the Disney Inn (Shades of Green), Comtemporary Resort, Grand Floridian and spent an overnight in the Club Lake Villas, Dixie Landings and Coronado Springs. We were planning a trip in 1993 and heard about DVC and signed up sight unseen. We only wish that it would have started sooner. We would have saved a whole lot of money!!!!!!!!!!!

living la vida mickey
02-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Let's see - we've stayed at the Poly, Contemporary, Disney Inn (now Shades of Green), CB and then we bought DVC in 1993 and the rest is history!:cool:

bcvprincesses
02-26-2003, 08:55 AM
We stayed at Vistana Resort and Vistana Villages x2 and many other off site hotels. I can't wait for our first trip home.:Pinkbounc

jx3smom
02-26-2003, 09:05 AM
We always stayed at our timeshare, Vistana for 1 or two weeks. Sometimes adding a couple of days at a hotel in the area before the week at Vistana. Then several years ago we stayed at Dixie Landings and visited BWV. We were hooked and bought then added on and when BCV opened we bought there too. We will be staying at Vistana the week of 3/2 but will be at BCV for 10 days starting Good Friday.

sgtpet
02-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Well from my childhood we would stay at the Poly and Contemporary as well as a Days Inn over in Kissimmee. I have also stayed at CBR, CSR, POFQ, WL, as well as the Courtyard Marriott over by Downtown Disney. I think it was a hojo years ago. Have never stayed at the GF but know I will in the future. My family and I are more than thrilled with our DVC locations.

Jimmac
02-26-2003, 11:57 PM
'97 Poly and YC which convinced us to buy that trip at OKW without any Magical Beginnings.

DSNY FN
02-27-2003, 12:13 AM
96 was All Star Sports
98 was All Star Sports . Coronado . Dixie
99 All Star Music . All Star Movies
01 All Star Movies . BWV . All Star Music . Wilderness Lodge Villas
I still love the All Star Resorts and plan on staying there often we usually go in the first couple weeks of Dec and the cheerleading and football stuff is going on and the past couple years the kids have gotten alot more dis respectfull but I still love the atmosphere of the All Star resorts

WDWguruDH
03-02-2003, 11:49 AM
We stayed at mostly deluxes on-site - Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge(probably our favorite) - can't wait until the AKL DVC. We did stay at the Courtyard by Downtown Disney a couple times.