PDA

View Full Version : Disney Beach club villa

KANSAS
02-21-2003, 11:15 PM
I own at Disney Beach Club Villa. I am finding out that if you try to book at this DVC Resort, within the 7 month window, it is difficult, because the owners at BCV, have booked most of the attractive dates, between their 11 month window and 7 months and 1 day.
Do most of you agree? or disagree??

Dean
02-21-2003, 11:53 PM
It depends on when you're talking about. I'd agree for holiday and December but any of the resorts are usually available at the 7 month window otherwise (excluding HH summer) and GV units.

CaptainMidnight
02-22-2003, 01:57 AM
Since Beach Club Villas is still new, other members are trying it out, and BCV members naturally want to go to thier home resort. Once the novelty wears off it may change and level out a bit with the other resorts.

lampy
02-22-2003, 06:21 AM
I own at BWV and had no problem getting BCV during spring break at the 7 month window.

RweTHEREyet
02-22-2003, 08:07 AM
I agree that it is because it is new right now. Hasn't this happened at each resort during it's first year or so? I think it may hold true for the summer months with people wanting to stay there with kids and have access to Storm-a-long Bay.

disny4ever
02-22-2003, 08:39 AM
We got a 1 bdrm for 4 days in early december with only 3 days notice. We were willing to go to any of the resorts ( our 1st trip home ) on such short notice, but got lucky and got our home resort at BCV's. Best thing to do is call and ask.

Dean
02-22-2003, 08:59 AM
There are competing forces. BCV is a smallish resort with less units than some others. The newness will also generate more interest. OTOH, the sales process guarantees there are extra units available for points more than required to book all the points for those that have bought, at least if you ignore large amounts of borrowed points.

mickey7861
02-22-2003, 12:12 PM
I think it depends on what you consider an "attractive date". We almost always go in the summer. We have always gotten our requested ressie within the 7 month window at BWV, VWL, BCV, and OKW. We've gotten VWL within 3 months.