PDA

View Full Version : Towel and Trash and Housekeeping -- can I refusal or request different schedule?

StevenTheGeek
02-21-2003, 09:52 PM
There's one disapproval I distinctly remember when we did CBR in 1999...housekeeping!

IMHO, I'm on vacation...the last thing I want to deal with is housekeeping at 8:30-9am! Many days, HK was doing their thing (Pounding on our door with DND tag hanging, organizing nearby rooms, slamming of nearby doors and causing LOUD sounds in general), cause me to wake and be grouchy. I don't like grouchy...I like happy.

So to keep me happy....when I check-in, can I request a different T&T schedule (i.e. No T&T on day-4, full-service on day-8, etc..)?
This has multiple benefits:
1) Don't have to worry about 'securing' items for fear of theft...as often.
2) Don't have to worry about 'picking up' after yourself (i.e....I know exactly where the map is in that pile of paperwork on the table).
3) I CAN SLEEP IN and be happy...not grouchy!!

Steve

NCRedding
02-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Yes you can ask to reschedule the housekeeping. One thing that I noticed was how much quieter it was at BVC than at CSR when we stayed. I always heard the maids each morning at CSR; never at BCV

DebbieB
02-22-2003, 07:07 AM
On our December trip to BWV, I had washed towels on Monday afternoon, so I called housekeeping and asked if we could move T & T from Tuesday to Wednesday. It was no problem.

Nanajo1
02-22-2003, 08:15 AM
In January I called to postpone our full cleaning by one day and was told no problem. But we came home and found the unit had be cleaned! I called Mousekeeping not to complain but to make sure they weren't coming the next day. The supervisor told me they would come in two days. Okay. However our housekeeper must have been on her own schedule we got full cleaning three days in a row!
BTW we did put the DND sign up our last day and we wern't bothered.

StevenTheGeek
02-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the replies all!

I will request a change in the HK schedule and I'm looking forward to sleeping in (or at least wake up when I want to)

Thanks again,
Steve