PDA

View Full Version : Kapalua Bay Resort on Maui

MAD about DIZ
02-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback on Mauna Lani Resort. Can I also get some info on the Kapalua Bay Resort on Maui? I know this is going to be a hard decision. Thanks. :D

vbfamily
02-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Just FYI,

Sheraton is running a special at the Kapalua Bay Hotel and Villas for 35% off room, rental car, food, certain activities, etc. Also, you get your 6th night free with 5 pd nights.

Are you a SPG member?

Run the numbers both ways. I'd be curious to know if what way is cheaper-cash or pts. If you absolutely want to use pts, then it doesn't matter.

Anyway, Maui is great. My DH has golfed at Kapalua but not stayed there.

If you go to Maui and enjoy biking, try Biking down Haleakala.

kraigp
02-22-2003, 11:21 AM
We were at the Kapalua Bay Resort Hotel in January 2000 and really enjoyed it. One of the best features was that we were on the "breakfast plan". We could stuff ourselves on the large buffet at no extra charge (apparently included with our DVC points) and then we would just snack until dinner, thus not spending huge bucks on meals. The hotel has a small butterfly shaped pool and a private beach which is a good place to practice your snorkeling. We played golf at all three Kapalua golf courses, taking advantage of the "after 2:00" green fees (which are about 1/2 price). The problem with golfing that late in the winter is that you may not get all 18 holes in before the sun goes down. We would highly recommend Kapalua Bay.

njzieglers
02-22-2003, 04:29 PM
this is a terrific resort! the rooms are fairly large with a fridge/bar.we also had the breakfast plan w/6th nite free. kapalua is on a real nice location of maui, slightly cooler and wetter, but also convenient to lahaina. the beach is very nice with excellent snorkeling and scuba diving. we are going back to hawaii this june/july to the mauna lani resort on the big island. can't wait!!