PDA

View Full Version : OKW....building 62

4greatboys
02-21-2003, 10:52 AM
We are going home for the first time in Oct. Based on having an elevator and being close to some place to grab a bite to eat and being close to the pool we requested building 62.
Anyone stay in this building before and if so what did you like and/or dislike about it?
Thanks

robinb
02-21-2003, 11:02 AM
I have not stayed in building 62, but can I make a suggestion? You may want to expand your building requests just a little. Think about what you really want. Elevator or First Floor? Near the Hospitality House? Near a bus stop? Near a pool? If you're in a 1BR, do you need a seperate entrance into the bathroom?

If you limit yourself to ONE building and that ONE building is not available then you may end up somewhere you really don't want to be.

Check out this thread for all the information you need about the configuration of the buildings at OKW:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146435

lizziepooh
02-21-2003, 04:51 PM
We were in bldg. 62 in January. It was great being that close to the Hospitality House, pool and bus stop. The elevator was great for the baby stroller.

Our unit was on the end of the building, closest to the road that goes by the HH, so we did hear some noise from the buses as they stopped to turn into the HH. It wasn't bad tho.

mzzbuzzlightyear
02-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Hi,
We have stayed in Building 62 twice; once in a dedicated 2BR and once in a 2BR lockoff. Both tmes with 4 boys!!!~ I liked it so much the first time, that I requested it the second time and got it!
With small children, we liked being able to go to the store, game room and boats. Also, the buses were very convenient. I didn't hear any noise from them either. But then again, we were with 4 boys!!!LOL
June:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

4greatboys
02-21-2003, 06:08 PM
robinb--I wanted all the things listed in your post. Close to pool,
close to hospitality house, close to marina, and elevators--since we have little ones. I understand the older units dont have elevators, thats why we didnt request some of the other ones close by.
But your right about picking one building so I will look over the map again and see what else looks like what I want.
lizziepooh and mzzbuzzlightyear---did you request blding 62 or you just got lucky?

Thanks everyone for your help.

mzzbuzzlightyear
02-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Hi,
The first time we were assigned to #62, the next time we requested 62 and got 64, the very next time, I requested 62,63,64 and got #62. I like the area with small children; the 11 and 9 year old were able to go to the game room by themselves, and, of course, their favorite place was the store!

June

Also, we always request non-smoking for Medical reasons.:D

robinb
02-22-2003, 12:26 PM
I just wanted to point out that you don't really need an elevator since you don't want to climb stairs. Just request a first floor on the buildings that do not have elevators.

Good luck!

rbuzzotta
02-22-2003, 01:24 PM
We have stayed in 62, 63 and 64. All I can say is those buildings are WONDERFUL for my family!!!!!!

havee a great time!!!!!!!!!!

MAC3
02-22-2003, 05:23 PM
We have stayed in both 62 & 64 both are wonderful locations. You won't be unhappy with either 64 has a better view as far as watching golfers from your balcony.

Good Luck,
Lisa

Dancind
02-22-2003, 05:29 PM
We've stayed in 62 and 64, loved them both. Can't remember which, but one looks out at a large pond with a fountain. Lots of local birds hung out there, it was as good for "animal" viewing as the Savannah view room we had at AKL! Diana

lizziepooh
02-22-2003, 11:18 PM
We requested close to HH and non smoking. I know requests aren't always able to be met, so I felt very lucky getting bldg. 62.