PDA

View Full Version : DVC health club usage

Pinnie
02-20-2003, 08:49 PM
I recently came upon an issue that really bothers me as a relatively new (April, 02) DVC member. What I want to know is how the health club facilities at the various DVC sites are manned by staff to keep non members out. I recently read from a local that there are ways to get into the facilities to shower and change. A recent race was held near the parks and non members used VWL facilities to shower and change. (Apparently there is a "back way in"). I know there is another race this coming weekend and there are plans to use the showers at VWL again.

While this may not be an issue to most of you, to me it just seems wrong. I am paying dues to keep up the facilities and if non-members and locals are using them, then they need to pay too.

Are the entrances key coded? Are there attendants present?

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

Cruelladeville
02-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Yes, attendents are present, however, I think you might have misunderstood about the health clubs. They are not "DVC" health clubs, they are resort health clubs, and as such can be used by all resort guests. Paying guests pay a fee, I believe, although it's free for us DVC members. For example, you could go over to BWV and use their facilities free of charge, even though you are staying at WLV. I know you are asking yourself why you would want to use a different resort's facilities, but you could if you wanted to. I am still questioning why anyone would want to use any of the health clubs on vacation, I think that's what a vacation is all about:p

CaptainMidnight
02-20-2003, 09:56 PM
I am still questioning why anyone would want to use any of the health clubs on vacation, I think that's what a vacation is all about
Helps clear the mind, and helps the body feel good. If you work out regularly, it also helps to buff up before going out by the pool.

dizfanz
02-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Rock on Cpt. Midnight:smooth:

VJMorrell
03-03-2003, 09:45 AM
It is only free of charge to DVC members, even hotel guests have to pay. I believe the charge is either 10 or 15 dollars per day.

As for exercising on vacation, I workout 4-5 days per week at home and love the fact that I can work out on vacation. It is just part of my weekly routine, although I will admit I do workout less on vacation!!

spiceycat
03-03-2003, 09:52 AM
yes there is a back door from the quiet pool and no the staff does not monitor it - too few people. So yes you could do this - you just couldn't use the equipment without showing your ID and signing it.

but the showers and the changing room yes - this is like the main pool at OKW - it also has a restroom with showers that has easy access - so members can use it before their rooms are ready. I would think the one also from the BWV gym is the same way?

CarolAnnC
03-03-2003, 01:56 PM
This past December my DD went down to use the BWV gym where we were staying, and the attendant tried to insist that she needed to pay the fee. She kept showing him the DVC Member on the room key card and he finally relented. So be aware to inform family members that may be going down that the DVC Members are complimentary in the health club.

spiceycat
03-03-2003, 02:47 PM
I have had this problem with BWV gym too - He refused to let me in at all - I don't know why the other DVC gyms do not have a problem - I had to call guest services to get it clearly up!!!