PDA

View Full Version : Another Stupid Newbie ?

Tiiiigergirl
02-19-2003, 09:12 PM
I just know that especially in the beginning I will have a million questions for member services. Is their phone number toll free or should I start saving for calling cards right now?!

CaptainMidnight
02-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Don't know about the toll free number, but your guide can call on his or her dime to answer your questions.

By the way, we were all stupid newbies at one time, no such thing really, the trick some of us haven't mastered is not to be a stupid veteran......

Tiiiigergirl
02-19-2003, 09:35 PM
LOL. Thanks Cap'n I needed that!

lacool
02-19-2003, 09:49 PM
The phone number for MS to make or change reservations is toll free. And hey, what else would we do here, if we weren't around to answer each other's questions?

madcoco
02-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Like CaptainMidnight says all beginners at one time. May not be a complete newbie to DVC here, but still known to be stupid at times just ask DW. No then again, please don't. It's a family board.;) Welcome to DVC.:)

kem330
02-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Well, this board is a great place to start for info wihtout even making a phone call. After that I would call your guide (they will give you their 800 #) and Member Services is more for actually making your reservation, paying dues, checking availability, etc.

MrsToad
02-20-2003, 08:03 PM
...and if you are at all conservative and shy like me, you could also spend a few days/weeks just reading the posts...someone may have already asked the same questions :-).

With all of the knowledge I've gained "listening in" over the last two weeks or so, I've just completed my first purchase, added on another set of points, and booked a BCV Studio for October to be followed by a 3 night cruise. This board has been a great help...thank you all!

lacool
02-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Congratulations on breaking out of your shell...and welcome home.

madcoco
02-20-2003, 09:17 PM
And welcome to the boards MrsToad:)

MickeyCrazed
02-21-2003, 06:24 AM
Welcome to the Boards and most importantly....
Welcome Home MrsToad!:D

MrsToad
02-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to all of the wonderful DVC experiences to come. I hope to see news of another members cruise...it sounded like a wonderful group of people having a wonderful time.

TinkHappy
02-22-2003, 03:59 PM
There are no "stupid newbies" questions!!! The number to MS is an 800 one, but I bet if you "hang out" on these boards long enough, you won't need MS to answer most of your questions. You should find most of your answers right here. I know I did. Watch out though, you'll get addicted.;)

Which brings up another question...does the "Dis" have a 12 step program for the boards? (my DH wants to know:jester: )

HorizonsFan
02-22-2003, 08:19 PM
The 'Search' function on the board is a gold mine! Chances are, your question has been asked before.
Welcome Home!

madcoco
02-23-2003, 12:03 AM
TinkHappy Disneyitis Did some searching found my old post. Don't know who is the originator of the definition, but it says there is no cure.Sorry, you are out of luck;)

Disneyitis (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=246730&highlight=disneyitis)

TinkHappy
02-23-2003, 09:48 AM
lol!!! I enjoy my addiction, I actually relax while I am on the boards.