View Full Version : Anyone else's trip get postponed because of blizzard?
Terry in NJ
02-17-2003, 08:42 AM
I just whined all over another post.....
Ok, here's one more.... WAAAAAAHHHHHH!
We were supposed to be on the 7am out of Atlantic City to MCO this morning. Spirit has us delayed until 2 this afternoon.
Problem is, even if the airport does open back up.... there's a state of emergency, and no one's supposed to be on the roads.
I told my husband THIS IS AN EMERGENCY we have to get to the airport! He's being very rational of course, and is worried about getting stuck in a snowdrift somewhere.....
We made it to my sister-in-law's yesterday at 1pm, so we're only 35 minutes from ACY, standing by....
God I am SICK!!! And I bet we'll lose the points for tonight too....
Geez, I better call the rental car place also....
(I need a bloody mary or something....!!!!!!!!!!)
02-17-2003, 08:53 AM
I'm so sorry Terry. Be sure to call the resort. I don't know where you're staying so I'll give you all the numbers:
407-827-7700 - Old Key West
407-938-4300 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
407-939-5100 - Boardwalk Villas
407-934-2175 - Beach Club Villas
You may want to call Member Services as well.
I hope that you get down there!
02-17-2003, 09:13 AM
... If you can get out of your driveway you will make it to the airport. Don't worry about the cops, just stay away from Dunkin Donuts :-)
02-17-2003, 10:58 AM
... and the Action News Cam ... they seem to be spotting everyone who is out!
Hopefully you will get a much needed and anticipated phone call that you can head to the airport. My in-laws were headed to Florida this p.m., but Philly airport has been closed until at least 4:00 p.m. today, and then who knows. It's looking like tomorrow for them.
Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully tonight you will be enjoying that Florida warmth!
Terry in NJ
02-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Well, Spirit finally cancelled the flight. I was able to re-book us for tomorrow afternoon at 2:55. My husband thought that trying to get on the 7am flight might be pushing it..... they might not be "caught up" yet.....
Thanks for the phone#s Regina...
I was able to cancel Vero, since we're losing 2 days there. We DID get into the Wilderness Lodge (earlier) for tomorrow night, so we'll be there Tuesday through Sunday.
We'll just do the Vero "leg" and Kennedy Space Center at some other point.
Let's see, now I have to make some dinner ressies! Some fun to be had!
02-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Isn't saving your life, or someone elses more important than a few inconveniences or lost points?
02-17-2003, 03:08 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Last May, our flight to Orlando was delayed because of weather on the East Coast. This meant we missed our connecting flight and had to fly stand by. I was so upset, I ranted and raved (quietly because I did not want to get kicked out of the airport or cause a security alert). All I could think of was-"We're missing our PS at Whispering Canyon Cafe". Finally, (and this is no joke) so don't flame me, I took one of my mother's Xanax, had two drinks in the airport, and was calm after a time.
And yes, preventing loss of life is far more important, but that's being rational-The emotions when a vacation is delayed are anything but rational!
02-17-2003, 05:20 PM
are one reason we prefer to stay at a MCO airport hotel the first night and travel south on a Saturday. Even gives more flexablity in accepting bumps.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.