PDA

View Full Version : 5 people in a 1 Bedroom

newarknut
02-15-2003, 12:00 PM
In June, we're taking our son (11) and his friend (11) to the Boardwalk Villas for a week. We're (my wife and I) also taking my FIL. Can we (I hope) ask for a rollaway cot for him? The boys will sleep on the sleeper sofa. I sure hope this will work! We're booked!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chuck S
02-15-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm not going to open the 5 in a 1brdm debate, but I will say that there are no rollaway beds (or "extra" beds of any kind) available at DVC resorts. There are 2 beds in a 1 bdrm, 1 king in the master suite, and 1 fold out couch in the living room. So, unless you, your DW and FIL are planning to SHARE the king (and I doubt you are), how are you going to fit 5 people into 2 beds? You CAN bring a small air matress, but it will still be crowded with 3 adults and two young kids. And Disney will NOT provide extra bed linens for your air bed.

patsal
02-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Without opening a debate, what Chuck said about the roll away is true--they do not provide these. Considering the scenario I doubt you will be able to fit comfortably in this room.

newarknut
02-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Great! I guess we'll have to pack an air mattress and linens. I pay a great deal of attention to this board, I can't believe I don't recall knowing this info :( Oh well, we'll deal with it...somehow!

Chuck S
02-15-2003, 12:25 PM
BTW, you'll also need extra towels and bath linens, they are available from DVC for $6 per set, or you can bring your own.

A "set" is 4 bath towels and wash cloths (don't remember how many hand towels). We did a similar set up a few years ago, we were actually 7 in a 2 bedroom lock-off, but a family of 5 shared the 1 bedroom portion, and Mom & I shared the studio (OKW). The "extra" adult in the 1 bedroom was a small woman, so she just slept on the loveseat. It still wasn't the most comfortable arrangement.

CarolAnnC
02-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Since the original poster's question has been answered, and occupancy limits are not up for discussion on this board, I will direct those interested to visit our Debate Board regarding five in a one bedroom. Thanks all.