PDA

View Full Version : Is an upgrade possible?

NoleLover
02-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Just curious..... what are my chances for a Loews upgrade at HRH, since I have the $99/N pool view rate? We won't be arriving until after 10pm.......Any suggestions on how to increase our chances? Thanks

Robinrs
02-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Upgrades are based totally on availability so there's really no way to guess. Your best chances would be if you go during low season and if there just so happens to be one open and ready for you.

Good luck!

lookingforward
02-15-2003, 05:09 AM
Actually, I have found that arriving at night sometimes helps with the upgrades. I have been upgraded PLENTY of times at the HRH. From standard to pool view, from regular room to deluxe, from standard to club floor. At 10 p.m. they have a really good idea that they are not going to "sell" the room and will more likely give it to you. If you checked in at 10 a.m. they would be hesitant to give it away for a few reasons 1. not everyone is checked out and thus they might not even know how many vacancies they have 2. Hoping to upsell a room 3. hotel overbooked and they are waiting for everyone to show and have not had last minute changes and cancellations.

Also, for suite upgrades ($35) they will most definately be more open to doing the upgrade later in the day. Ask if any are available. We got upgraded to a kid suite this way. It was great.

I have found the HRH desk to be really friendly and helpful. Have fun.

Aisling
02-15-2003, 02:33 PM
I wasn't upgraded during our one previous stay at Universal, but at Disney we checked into the BC at 9 in the morning and were upgraded from standard to a patio waterview without asking. So free upgrades do happen early in the morning, but hopefully they happen at Universal as well.

lookingforward
02-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Just got back from Royal Pacific. Am a Gold level member of Loews. Arrived about 4:30 p.m. and was upgraded from standard $99 room to a suite. The suite was a king bed with living room and pull out couch. I had a free upgrade coupon...otherwise the upgrade would have cost an extra $35 per night. WELL WORTH it, the room was great, overlooked the pool and got suite ammenities like turn down, dvd player, etc. Had a GREAT time.

FYI: The hotel was sold out.