PDA

View Full Version : Question on beds at BWV

gravymom
02-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Greetings,

We just got back from a six-night stay (rented points). I enjoyed the room, but the bed was very uncomfortable. The sleeper sofa was as comfortable (or uncomfortable) as the regular bed. Was this a fluke or is this the norm for DVC? I am asking because we are considering joining. We stayed at 7th night at the Contemp. and the beds there are heavenly. Just wondering.

Amy

wdwnut
02-13-2003, 06:48 PM
hi: personally, i've only slept in the king bed on every trip. i find that rather comfortable. we have had over 10 different people ranging in age from 12-70 sleep on the sofa beds without any complaints. maybe they need to update/change the bedding in some units.

colleen costello
02-13-2003, 08:43 PM
And sorry you didn't like the beds! Please pm or Email me with your CURRENT Email -- I tried to respond to your pm to me and I only have the old Email address.

As I tried to email you, I thought the beds at OKW and Beach CLub were fine. I guess a lot of it is personal preference. Also, I am pretty sedentary at home and so and at WDW I am always EXHAUSTED -- I'd probably sleep OK on the floor!

Waiting to hear from you.

Colleen

Granny
02-13-2003, 09:39 PM
No problems with the king beds at all...loved them! And no complaints from my daughters about the pull out sofa...though they are not the pickiest sleepers in the world!

I wouldn't let the bed condition stand between you and a DVC purchase....but maybe you might want to go to a model and lie down on one. If it's important to you, it's worth the little extra effort (and a little embarrassment) to lie down there! :)

thepalagis
02-14-2003, 08:21 PM
The beds are just fine at BWV. If you don't want to use sofa beds the GV have regular beds in each room

DeeP
02-15-2003, 09:52 AM
I have always had very comfortable beds at BWV. I have never personally slept on the sleeper sofa but have had many firends and family members ranging in age from teens to sr citizens sleep here and have never had a complaint.

Caskbill
02-15-2003, 11:59 PM
I can't put my finger on it right now, but sometime back it was reported that sometimes the mattresses on the sleeper sofas were upside down.

I remember someone saying they flipped it over and it made the bed much more comfortable.

Just thought I'd share this FWIW.