PDA

View Full Version : Ready to jum in on BCV / have reservation question...

BrianTime
02-12-2003, 02:50 PM
HI There,

Well....thanks to the tremendous amount of information I have gotten from this board and the obvious enthuisiasm DVC owners seem to have, I have decided to purchase into the BCV.

My concern is: I normally travel the first week of December, which I know to be a popular DVC booking time. I want to insure that I can take my trip on my schedule BEFORE I put my money down. Is there anyone who can advise me if this is possible or who has gont through this same scenario?

Thank you all in advance!

Brian

kdonnel
02-12-2003, 02:55 PM
I was asked what my first travel dates were on the same call I paid for the points. Before I hung up I had my first reservation. When you call your guide just tell them what you want.

wdwnut
02-12-2003, 03:16 PM
hi: as suggested, let your guide help you book your first ressie. in the future, make sure you book at the 11 month mark since it is a popular time. oh- almost Welcome Home!

alisbarc
02-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Your guide will bend over backwards for you to get you the ressie you want if you are going to buy. We were able to get a ressie within 3 months (in Oct 1998) when we told them we would buy if we could get a ressie then.
ttfn

Nink
02-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Take the plunge!

I did in November 2002.

I made my ressie for Nov. 28 -Dec 4, 2003 at the 11 month mark, and did it over the internet through the DVC member web site, and had no problem. I am booked and ready to go!

I also just made ressies for friends of mine for April 27 -30, 2003 and had no problem making those as well, even as close as it is.

:wave:

CarolMN
02-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Tell your guide that your BCV purchase is contingent on getting your first reservation for the dates/unit size you want. I'm sure he/she will be able to make it happen.

Good luck!