PDA

View Full Version : What are our chances..?


dwbakerjr
02-10-2003, 06:14 PM
We have been planning a spring break trip to Mouseville for about 6 months, and have a 1-BR at BCV all set up. But another young man (17) and his younger sister (9) are thinking (seriously) about going with us. I called, and of course no 2-BR are available anywhere, but they put us on a 'wait list'. Is there ANY CHANCE of getting the additional BR space, or will they be staying out on Hwy 192 someplace...

Anybody ever been in this situation before...??

Happy Birthday Cat
02-10-2003, 09:13 PM
The bad news is you are past the 7 month window. The good news is you have a good chance IMHO, especially at the BCV. As more people buy, more units come out of the developers inventory and are available for owners to use with points.

Did you check availability at other resorts? Did you wait list anything else, like a studio? I had a wat list come through for a standard view studio at the BWV for New Year's eve so anything is possible. But have a back up plan just in case.

Good luck.

HBC

PamOKW
02-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Could you handle booking a studio on its own? This might give you a better chance at availability. If they have one available at BCV, they will do their best to keep you near each other if you make that request. You might think about letting them stay at the BWV if there were a studio there and if DVC would allow a 16 year old and 9 year old to be alone in the resort.

dwbakerjr
02-11-2003, 09:49 AM
Actually, Ben is 17 (18 in August), but for right now we are on a wait list for ANY 2BR DVC facility ANYWHERE on Orlando Diz property. If we have to split up (on or off property), either me or my wife will probly stay with them (Can you say "All Star Resort.."?)

lol

:D

pwoodham
02-11-2003, 03:40 PM
We were recently in this situation, and waitlisted for about a month, but everything came through. Good luck to you.