PDA

View Full Version : World Passport Collection Exchange Newbie


dizfanz
02-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I just received the blue passport booklet with the world passport collection point chart in it. Am I understanding this right. A one bedroom property is only 124-160 points depending on season. I understand you have to find a match of someone willing to give up their property during the time you want to travel and pay $75.00 fee. But can I go to Europe, Australia, etc... for 160 points or less for 7 days??? There has got to be more to it than just that? In the guidebook it sounds like you have to call member services and the points depend on resort, time of year etc... So what is up with the point chart that says 124-160 without listing the properties. Are all world passport collection resorts included?

thanks for the help.

WebmasterDoc
02-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Yes, all properties part of the DVC /II program are the same point cost. The only limiting factor is availability.

Enjoy!

Regina
02-09-2003, 05:57 PM
This was the focus of the Member Update that they held on the Member Cruise.

They had representatives from Interval International there, and it most definitely is 160 points maximum for a one bedroom property, no matter what your destination is. There was no mention of a $75.00 transaction fee. I don't believe that it's in effect.

It still depends on availability, but it's much simpler now. Another advantage that we have is that Member Services can continue to check a specific destination on your behalf if it's not available at first. :D :D :D

It seems much easier to understand. What you are looking at is exactly how it works.

Dean
02-09-2003, 06:10 PM
You make it sound like giving up 160 DVC points is an easy thing, I don't think so, LOL. You just call MS and tell them what you want that's on the list and they will see if it's available and if not can start a search for you. If they find a match they will call you and see if you still want it and give you enough time to check air fare.

It may be simpler but it's more points overall, esp for the studio and 2 BR, a bit lower for the 1 BR.

Dean
02-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by dvcreg
They had representatives from Interval International there, and it most definitely is 160 points maximum for a one bedroom property, no matter what your destination is. There was no mention of a $75.00 transaction fee. I don't believe that it's in effect. There is a $75 exchange fee.

Regina
02-09-2003, 06:25 PM
Yep, there it is in the Member Guidebook. Since it was never mentioned during the Member Update, I thought that it was eliminated.

adamak
02-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Wait. I am confused too. Is this a new change? I was looking at my old manual, and I thought the point system was different.

Sounds like a great deal, if it's only 160 points max for a room for a week in Europe or the Carribean or Hawaii.

Dean
02-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by adamak
Wait. I am confused too. Is this a new change? I was looking at my old manual, and I thought the point system was different.

Sounds like a great deal, if it's only 160 points max for a room for a week in Europe or the Carribean or Hawaii. Yes, it's new. They've just instituted a set points exchange but overall the same basic system already in place. The 160 is for a 1 BR, the best deal in the exchange system with the changes. The studio isn't much less than the 1 BR and the 2 BR is 270 for high season.

WDWLVR
02-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by dvcreg
Yep, there it is in the Member Guidebook. Since it was never mentioned during the Member Update, I thought that it was eliminated.

Reg,

During our member update meeting (which was at a different time than yours I think) someone asked the question about the $75 fee and they said yes it is still in effect. Think they wanted to drum home the 160 and 270 numbers so much they left out that little detail.