PDA

View Full Version : Disney Outlet store-HHI?

Simba's Mom
02-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Is there still a Disney Outlet store on or near HHI? I thought I heard sometime back that it may be closed. There's directions to one but I'm not sure if it's current info. Any Disney shopping tips?

tripletvan
02-08-2003, 04:42 PM
I am under the impression that it closed last year.

NCRedding
02-08-2003, 06:48 PM
I just did a search for Hilton Head Factory Stores, and listed in their directory is Disney Character Corner, which is the name of the Disney outlets at Belz, Buena Vista Outlets and premier Outlets. The former Disney outlet at Myrtle Beach is now a character corner/warehouse, and I like it better. I'll see the HH one in a couple of months.

Paula H
02-08-2003, 08:31 PM
As of mid-September the Disney Character Corner was still at the Hilton Head outlets. I was a little disappointed, though, and couldn't believe it when I walked out without buying a single thing. The store had alot of leftovers from WDW - t's and sweats that said WDW, etc. and a year - 2001, mostly, when I was there. Some of the the toys would make good stocking stuffers and small gifts. I remember thinking this would be a GREAT place to hit after the parks to pick up some bargains.

ReneeQ
02-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Yes, it is still there. It is in Hilton Head Factory Outlet #2, which is just a mile or so down the road from #1. It is technically in Bluffton, before you get to Hilton Head, even though it's called "Hilton Head Factory Outlet" - confusing, I know.

It used to be a catalog outlet, which closed last year. It reopened this year, in April I think, as the Character Corner. The merchandise is much better now than when it was the catalog outlet, but I will admit I often leave without buying anything, too. The stuff there is hit and miss.

It's about 45 min. from where I live and I get over there about once every three months, just for my "fix." They closed our Disney Store 2 years ago, so it's the closest thing I've got to hold me over between DVC trips!

tripletvan
02-09-2003, 03:52 PM
I was there when they closed it. Glad to hear it has been reopened!