PDA

View Full Version : How long until I have a membership number?

lacool
02-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Color me elated. Jaki called last night with news that our resale has closed. I'm coming home!!!!

Now, here is a question for those of you who have purchased through a resale...How long did it take for Disney to get you into their system and issue you a membership number? I am so anxious to make my first ressies. Shall I call on a daily basis, or give them at least a week?

As an aside, Jaki told me that Disney exercised ROFR on 10 of the 12 resales that she had offers on this week. Yikes! Makes me feel even luckier to get the deal I did.

Leigh Ann
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Carlnne
02-08-2003, 02:53 PM
lacool- Congratulations!!! Would you mind giving us the details of your purchase? Such us # of points, place, and if there were points banked. Your statistic of 20% successful sales worries me. We are currently waiting for one to go through and are not very optimistic hearing that. Thanks!

Poorman
02-08-2003, 03:03 PM
I have mine........
Congratulations Leigh Ann, I got mine before you and already made my ressie for May. The 404 OKW contract I had was bought back by Disney. We were lucky to get ours through when we did. Happy DVC'ing. Rich:Pinkbounc

BTW Mine closed a weekago last Friday and I had my number
on Thursday.

missyndda
02-08-2003, 07:06 PM
We bought through Jaki, too back in November. Not listening to Jaki's advice that our number probably wouldn't be available until the following Friday, I called every day. What a waste! Our number was not available until Friday just as Jaki had stated. Bottom line: I would wait a week like she says.

lacool
02-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Almost another whole week -- nooooooo! I hate to sound like Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka, but I want it NOW! Rich, didn't you make your offer after I did? How did you close so fast???

Carlnne, we purchased 250 BWV points with 219 banked from last year and all this year's points available. We paid $70 per point ($72 if you factor in the closing costs). It was a bit higher than what seemed to be the going rate, but I really liked the idea of all those points immediately available. It also doesn't seem like a great deal with the current MB program Disney is offering, but then we wouldn't have had any points available until August. Overall, I think I made the right choice.

lacool
02-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Hey Rich. Your countdown says 215 days, but you mention going in May. Is your counter operating on the Aztec calendar?

Poorman
02-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Hi Leigh Ann, I made the September ressie before I bought the points. I actually rented points to go in September. Now I have 696 points to use in 2003-2004. I forget how to update the countdown calendar. Any hints. BTW I paid the extra $15.00 to overnight it to Disney. But I know what you mean,I was chomping at the bit to get my number. Good luck,you'll get it soon. Rich

Figured out how to update countdown.

lacool
02-09-2003, 12:53 PM
That makes much more sense, Rich. Nice job on the countdown. I'm looking forward to having something to count down to. I sprang for the $15 extra to rush it to Disney, but I cheaped out in the beginning and didn't overnight my deposit to the law office. Perhaps that is the difference that I am paying for in wait time now. Who knew these six weeks would pass sooooo slowly. The problem could be that I am on these boards daily, reading about everyone else's plans and growing more envious every day!