PDA

View Full Version : Next DVC Members Cruise......Would you go??

ncligs
02-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Just wondered after seeing the reports and great pictures from last weeks DVC cruise http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/baby21.gif, would other DVC members go on the next one (hopefully reported summer of 2004), and if you were on the 1st DVC members cruise, would you do it again? Do you think it should remain 4 days or make it a 7 day cruise.
Also, I think it would help a lot of us members if DVC plans it at least 8-11 months out, to give us a chance to squeeze it in our vacation schedules,so we know how to budget our points ;) .I know we would go on the next one if DVC gives enough notice,and I don't know why they couldn't give at least 1 years notice.
Any other thoughts or suggestions are appreciated on this thread also.http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/baby21.gif

cgcw
02-08-2003, 01:33 PM
We would be interested. We've never cruised so I don't really have an opinion on how long the cruise should be - 4 or 7 days but I'd think the longer, the better. We've always talked that when DS2 is old enough to participate in the kids actiivities, we'd rethink the idea of a cruise. He'll be 3 in a couple of weeks so maybe the next members cruise will be the one for us.

I agree that the wider the window of knowing the date, the better for us to plan. We probably would be using at least some of our points. The more time planned to plan ahead, the better.

By the way, the recent pictures posted look wonderful!

luvindisneyworld
02-08-2003, 01:39 PM
we will definetly like to go on the next members cruise.

dbond
02-08-2003, 01:51 PM
YES! But we'll be in the same boat on the next one as we were on this one, will the timing fit in to when we can go and will we have the points available at the time? I would like more advance notice, that would have helped trememdously this past member cruise. If we had known about it earlier, we could have planned our time off and our vacation budget for the year a little differently. I'm very happy it was a success, we dreadfully regret not having the opportunity to go and we hope the success will be just what DVC needed to make this an annual event!

WDWLVR
02-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Would we go again? Yes, if it fits timing and points wise.

We were lucky that this one came at a time when with just a few minor changes in our plans (and taking some points back from my in-laws) we were able to do it.

I agree that it would help if we could have 11 months notice.

A 7 day one would be great. There was so much to do and see. Would love a couple of days at Sea to do the DVC things. As it was I missed a couple of panels I would have liked to gone to. Saw some great ones though.

DVC did a fantastic job on this and I'm sure it was a success so I don't see why they wouldn't have another one. I sure hope they do and I hope when they do we can make it.

mouseclick1
02-08-2003, 02:34 PM
We already have a 7 day cruise booked for summer 2004 (eastern itinerary). If they did a 7 day member cruise, I would consider switching. I would not give up the 7 day we have planned to go on a 3 or 4 day just to be on a members only cruise. We've already done both the 3 and 4 day and I am definitely ready to move up to the 7 day!

Melrosgirl
02-08-2003, 03:03 PM
I would look into going only if we can pay cash and the rates are reasonable. I won't have enough points to pay only points for a family of 3. (My TA gets me great deals - better than any other company can give me - on my cruises, so I don't want to have to book through DVC only to have to pay way too much money.) The last DVC cruise sounded like a blast and I love "free" goodies on vacation too! :)

Verandah Man
02-08-2003, 03:14 PM
We would love to be able to go, and I think a 7 day would be the ticket the next time around. From reading the post of those who went on this members cruise, there just wasn't enough time to get everything in they wanted too.
I think the more time notice given is also a plus.
We were condsidering giving up our planned 7 day cruise this coming August for the members cruise that just ended, but we didn't want to have to take our DD out of school again. We took her out of school for a couple days in November '02 for our VB vacation. Therefore, I think a summer member cruise in 2004 would be great!

ReneeQ
02-08-2003, 03:32 PM
We would LOVE to go, but would need more notice.

DVC-Don
02-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Would also love to when ....... more notice and on a school vacation.

lostgirlPA
02-08-2003, 05:19 PM
We would love to go. We just changed our Oct. trip to BCV and added a 3 night cruise to the end of our stay. It will be our first cruise. We can't wait! I wanted to try the 7 day first, but my two DS's wouldn't hear about it because they have to go to Disney! Not that we mind! A member cruise sounds wonderful!

nclings, We used to be neigbors. We lived in Howland for two years. I've heard the area has grown quite a bit. There wasn't a minor league stadium when we lived there. It's a nice area. :D

ditzy
02-08-2003, 05:31 PM
How quickly did the recent Member Cruise sell out and where/how did Disney announce ii?

WebmasterDoc
02-08-2003, 05:52 PM
This cruise sold out the first day, although with cancellations, there were also some openings available later. It was announced on the internet site and in all DVC member publications.

With more notice, we would have enjoyed the cruise this time, but we alreayd had our trips planned for the year.

Looking forward to trying the next one ... and I'm sure there will be a next one!

ditzy
02-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, Doc. I must have been sleeping that day.

dhogan614
02-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Our family would book a member cruise again in a heartbeat! As a matter of fact, we added on 100 points to be sure that we'd be ready if the next one is a 7 day as hoped.
DVC really did a fantastic job with this cruise, and it was great to be on board with what really felt like extended family!
A big hello to Mike, Bunny and Tara...we miss you already!

brittsmum1998
02-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Definately, I would be happy w/ another 4 day or 7 day and I agree, a little more time for pts planning etc would be a great idea. It was so worth the extra pts. The only regret I have is we didn't get to meet Mark and Mary :( Way too crowded w/ our 4 yr old on the deck that day. :smooth:

WDWLVR
02-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Brittsmum,

We're sorry we didn't get to meet you either. I know Gail (#1 Mouse) mentioned it as well. You were one of the most excited people on the board before the cruise. I totally understand what you mean - it was crazy up on deck.

The nice thing about a 7 day if they do it is we could plan a sea day mid-day meet. On a 4-day it is just to fast to do that kind of meet. I kept hoping you would see us on deck or something and we could have got you your buttons.

dhogan614
02-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Mary and Brittsmum--

I just wish we had known about disboards-and all our extended DVC family-- before the cruise!
We had so much fun making new friends, and were even lucky enough to attend one of those private cocktail parties in the Disney Suite!

Now, of course, they'll need to have that 7 day cruise--so we can meet all of you, too!!

Thanks to madcoco for telling us about this great site!

Barb
02-08-2003, 09:12 PM
We would love to make the next one. WE just need a little more notice, too. We didn't have enough time to plan for this one and had, like so many others, already made plans for the year. We bought into DVC on our last Disney cruise, so it's appropriate for us to go on a official DVC cruise, don't you think? ;) :)
Do you HAVE to book using points or can you pay cash?

alisbarc
02-08-2003, 09:17 PM
The DVC cruise sounded great. We would love to go on the next one. Notice is the key for us also. Would help Disney also because they longer the notice the fewer folks they got to cancel existing reservations for.

TTFN

TDC Nala
02-08-2003, 09:19 PM
I would like to go on a member cruise but only if it's a 4 day. I just got back from a 7 day and I won't be doing any more 7 day cruises (I like the ports of call, but I get bored being at sea, and now that I've seen all the shows I'd be even more bored). If there is a 4 day member cruise next summer, is it necessary to use points to book it or can members use cash? I don't have enough points to use them up on a cruise.

Verandah Man
02-08-2003, 09:28 PM
The way the replys are coming in, they might have to use the Magic and the Wonder at the same time, or have two DVC Magic Member Cruises next year(time)???

ncligs
02-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by lostgirlPA
ncligs, We used to be neigbors. We lived in Howland for two years. I've heard the area has grown quite a bit. There wasn't a minor league stadium when we lived there. It's a nice area. :D

LostgirlPA ,
Hi former neighbor http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/wavey.gif, my brother lives in Howland(another DVC member;))
We have season tx to the Indians minor league team(Mahoning Valley Scrappers) and our 4 seats are 1st row behind the visitors dugouthttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/biggthumpup.gif.
Where do you live now in PA, my son and sister live in Pittsburgh.

brittsmum1998
02-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Mary, Britt was a little intimidated at the beginning w/ all the people and the loud music. She got used to it by the end of the cruise though ;) . Funny thing was, DH ran into someone in the elevators who had the button on ( I had showed him Mark's pics prior) He told DH that Mark had made them etc. When he came back to the cabin and told me it only made me more depressed!! :( Ahh well, theres always the next cruise. Gotta love DVC, again, I'm sorry we missed you , Kim

ncligs
02-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by TDC Nala
is it necessary to use points to book it or can members use cash? I don't have enough points to use them up on a cruise.

TDC Nala,
You can use either points or cash,if you use cash it has to be put on a credit card at the time of booking.:D

lostgirlPA
02-08-2003, 09:51 PM
ncligs,

We live in Pittsburgh too! Actually 1/2 hour north of the city in Cranberry. We're still not that far from you now. Maybe someday we'll be on a flight to MCO together! BTW, my dh's cousin lives in Girard and his wife owns a beauty salon in Girard. I can't remember the name, it's been six years since we lived in OH.

Verandah Man
02-08-2003, 09:53 PM
ncligs,

Can't you also use points and cash together if needed?

ncligs
02-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Verandah Man
ncligs,
Can't you also use points and cash together if needed?

Yes, you can use both points and cash together.

LostPA girl,
My sister lives in Cranberry(we were just there tonight).She lives off of Rochester Rd (Off Powell)My son lives 3 minutes from the Pittsburgh airport(close to Charlie Browns).

lostgirlPA
02-08-2003, 10:12 PM
ncligs,

It sure is a "Small World." I grew up in about 5 min. from Charlie Brown's in Moon. I see that you are going to OKW soon, enjoy your trip. I hope it's a lot warmer than it is here! :smooth:

msdis
02-08-2003, 11:15 PM
We won't have enough points either next year unless we add on in some fashion because we are having a mini family reunion this summer at OKW but we could do cash and/or partial points for sure. Looks like everyone had a great time.

What was the itinirary and the specials for this cruise? Was the routine the same as the regular cruise? Like the dining and entertainment or were things different?

AnnaS
02-09-2003, 08:27 AM
I would love to consider it. We also had our 7 day West. cruise booked already for this July '03. There was no way we would have changed/cancelled or added another 4 day one. We would also need more notice (11 months). If they do one again while school is in session, I would definitely not consider the 7 day cruise. I won't take kids out and won't/cannot arrange for someone to take over for 8 days. Even though we love the 7 day cruise, I think more people can swing the 4 days easier (money wise and kids wise as far as school goes, wether you leave them home for 4 days or take them out of school for 4 days - more doable). Just my opinion.

CaptainMidnight
02-09-2003, 08:43 AM
With enough advanced planning notice, I think a 4 day member cruise would be nice. Perhaps we could have a tug of war between those taking pools towels, and those who do not. Dodge ball between the 4 person limit to a room advocates and those who think 5 is OK in a one bedroom (gasp!). They could set up a boxing ring on the ship and some of the unresolved threads could be put to rest.....(smile)...... We could have some type of big olympic style event or King Aurthur style contest where each home resort challenges the other for the championship, the winner will forever be claimed as the best DVC resort among them all and winner of any such future discussions. Donnations and proceeds from the events could be donated to the wonderful people providing this website, or a charity providing dream vacations to kids who wouldn't otherwise get a chance..... Sure, a member cruise could be lots of fun.....

Regina
02-09-2003, 03:22 PM
I would do another member cruise in a heartbeat.

:D :D :D :D :D

DBorges
02-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Without a hesitation!

We had a fantastic time.

:p :D :p :) ;) :cool: :p

nezy
02-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Sign me up!!!
I really thought for the member cruise you could only use points. I din't know why I thought that, but I am glad I could do a combination.

If it is in the summer I would definately do a 7-day. If during school, Well, I would definately do a 7 -dy too, but would prefer a 4-day at that time as I would like to also visit WDW. I am not that anxious to go to WDW in the summer.

sparkspeak
02-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMidnight
. . . They could set up a boxing ring on the ship and some of the unresolved threads could be put to rest.....(smile) . . . We could have some type of big olympic style event or King Aurthur style contest where each home resort challenges the other for the championship.....
Or.....take both ships and stage a mock battle.....
Pirates of the Caribbean--LIVE.

Verandah Man
02-09-2003, 05:12 PM
sparkspeak,
I really like your idea!!! LOL!!!

Verandah Man
02-09-2003, 08:41 PM
I imagine when word is released about the next DVC Member Cruise the word will spread like wildfire here on the DISboards, huh???

We will need to keep our eyes glued to all new threads being listed!!!

Who will find out first and post such great and exciting news!!!

goofy4dvc
02-09-2003, 11:15 PM
We've never been on a cruise - Disney or otherwise. We're hoping to go on a 3 or 4 day cruise with 3 or 4 days at WDW in April or May of next year. Would prefer a 3 or 4 day cruise. What about starting the event at WDW a day or two ahead of the cruise? Isn't there a convention room at WDW that would hold all of us? From what I read on the cruise reports, there was no place on the ship that would accommodate everyone at the same time. Use a convention center during pre-cruise time to get large group meetings out of the way before boarding the ship.

Since the demand for the member cruise was high enough to fill up in one day, consider this. What about two DVC cruises -- one for adults and one for families? That way more people would be able to go. Maybe this wouldn't work logistically...just thinking out loud.

In any case, YES, we would love to be on the next member cruise.

BCVOwner2002
02-10-2003, 10:02 PM
I'd love to go on the next DVC cruise. DS graduates May 2004 and asked if we could go on a cruise so if there is going to be a DVC one that would be great. I think I would prefer to do a 4-day since I have never cruised before. When are the cruise points supposed to be posted?

For those who went on the first DVC cruise, can you book more than one room? Annmarie

sgtpet
02-11-2003, 08:28 AM
I was one of the main complainers about the cost of the first DVC cruise. In saying that I thought the idea of the DVC cruise was fantastic. If the next cruise was a seven day cruise and it fit our vacation planning I would consider it.

Macmonster
02-11-2003, 10:09 AM
We would do it again. We love to cruise on DCL and are setting up our 7 day cruise plans.

This cruise was a lot of fun and enabled us to meet a lot of DVC'ers who are enjoying DVC as much as we are.

JW

Jenny0725
02-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Definitely! We loved the member cruise. I'm currently suffering from Post Vacation Depression.

I hope they do a 7-day over the summer!

sanddune
02-11-2003, 12:14 PM
We would go again in a heart beat !! Loved the Member Cruise! Mitch , Ryan says Hi! Send your e-mail thru private messages.

Duckielucky
02-11-2003, 12:22 PM
I went on the last member cruise and would definetly go again. Four days is probably enough. More people would be able to fit it in. I would like to have a "smoke free" cruise. The smoking restrictions should be the same as in the parks. There is only one smoke free lounge. We could not use our verandah as much as we would have liked because of the smoke. Smokers could be put on one side of the ship and non smokers on the other.

anniet
02-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMidnight
Perhaps we could have a tug of war between those taking pools towels, and those who do not. Dodge ball between the 4 person limit to a room advocates and those who think 5 is OK in a one bedroom (gasp!). They could set up a boxing ring on the ship and some of the unresolved threads could be put to rest.....(smile)...... We could have some type of big olympic style event or King Aurthur style contest where each home resort challenges the other for the championship, the winner will forever be claimed as the best DVC resort among them all and winner of any such future discussions

If these activities are listed on the itinerary the we are

DEFINITELY GOING ON THE NEXT CRUISE!!!!!! :p :p :p :p

DVC4US
02-11-2003, 03:06 PM
We would love to go on a members cruise. Didn't go this year because the timing wasn't right and didn't want to take the kids out of school. So we booked a 7 day in March. We would probably like a 7 day and in the summer. Plenty of time to plan would also be nice, because we usually go to Disney every year and would need to know in advance so we can make vacation plans.:) Another idea if they do not want to do the 7 day, is a land/sea package with maybe some special events at WDW. Maybe a special night at the MK for DVC members only!

mrsdon
02-11-2003, 04:57 PM
I would also go on the next member cruise.
It was great being on a whole ship of members.

ncligs
02-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Duckielucky
I would like to have a "smoke free" cruise. The smoking restrictions should be the same as in the parks. There is only one smoke free lounge. We could not use our verandah as much as we would have liked because of the smoke. Smokers could be put on one side of the ship and non smokers on the other.

Excellent idea Duckielucky, I agree 100% with your post.Hopefully Gail won't have a problem with this.;)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/smokin.gifhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/smash.gif

P.S. Welcome to the DIS!!

Minnie*Mouse
02-11-2003, 06:00 PM
I would definitely do it again.

We all had a fantastic time!

:D ;) :cool: :p :D :) ;) :p :cool:
M*M

tiggerguy2000
02-11-2003, 08:45 PM
I would go on the next trip but i think it will be around the same time next year.Im going for our 4th annual 4th of july trip and i gave my mother a 2 bedroom villa as a birthday gift so my points are gone. Im digging into my 2004 points so im shooting for a 2005 cruise.
tiggerguy2000 šoš

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

ILuvDVC
02-11-2003, 08:53 PM
I would definitely do the SS Member Cruise again! :D

Just wish it didn't take so maney of my precious DVC Points! :mad:

madcoco
02-12-2003, 03:16 AM
dhogan614 Thanks for being such great tablemates. See you in a few months.:)

Yes definitely. Make it a 7day. There was so much to do.Hats off to the DVC CMs,the crew of the Wonder and DVC families for making this cruise such a wonderful experience.(Can't forget Mother Nature for providing the weather.:) )

SCDizneyDawn
02-12-2003, 04:39 AM
I would also definitely go on a DVC cruise if they offer another one! We also could not do this because of timing, but we hope they give more notice for the next one so that we can plan to go!!

zurgswife
02-12-2003, 09:21 PM
I would definately love to go....but like soo many it depends on the timing of the cruise and how much prior notice we get...I plan alot of trips 11months out.....

but everybody had soo much fun I would love to be included...

ncligs
02-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Verandah Man
I think there is something wrong with this thread:confused: :confused: :confused:

I agree, at least 4-5 more people have posted and their posts have vanished.I reported this to DOC and he is working on it.
:confused:

madcoco
02-13-2003, 01:47 AM
So not completely nuts afterall. It must be Aliens.
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/edoom/very_first_smiley.gif

SCDizneyDawn
02-13-2003, 02:50 AM
My first try at this is not showing up, so here I go again!!:D

We would definitely try to go on the next member cruise. All the trip reports make it sound like SOOOOO much fun! We already had plans to do another cruise in Feb with some friends and could not make this one! Hopefully next time will give us more notice. I also would love it to be a 7 day, western carib. :teeth:

minimahaki
02-13-2003, 03:02 PM
I only hope they announce the next members only cruise soon. I was on the first and most definitely will be on the second. We were booking a January 3 Western Caribbean Cruise but that is now on hold until then next Members Only Cruise is announced.
Lauretta

zurgswife
02-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey Tiggerguy2000....looks like our 2 families quickly became 1:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last time I looked at the thread...It started with your post and ended with a pic of my family....LOL

Hey it looks like we are both going at christmas next year...:D :D :D :D

Rock'n Robin
02-14-2003, 04:58 PM
I would go if I had notice and it was during a school vacation period, which I doubt would ever happen--but as long as I teach, and I have about 18 years left :eek: , I won't be able to go during school time.
Robin M.

BethC
02-15-2003, 07:25 PM
We would go again in a hearbeat, we had such a blast!!

We're also hoping it will be a 7 night cruise next time. :)

tigger1bounce
02-16-2003, 03:21 PM
:wave: :earsgirl:

I would be there again in a heartbeat!! Had a fantastic time. I have to keep asking why did I come home again?!

dhogan614
02-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Isn't that the truth?

If we didn't need to pay for those new points we added on.... :D

madcoco
02-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Forgot to mention DW was on the phone with Member Services Friday and the CM went on and on about the cruise. She mentioned they had a meeting last week. One of the main topics was how everyone wants a 7day.:):):)

Diane heres a flashback:

Not Again LOL (http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/dre000/e007/e007014rhvi.jpg)

dhogan614
02-16-2003, 08:15 PM
That's the best news I've heard since February 6th! :teeth: