PDA

View Full Version : Amerisuites Universal

lampy
02-06-2003, 10:11 AM
I have my mind made up to stay ONSITE, but I just got Amerisuites Univesal 1BR suite for $20/night. That is hard to pass up. Any comments on this Resort? I know they have a breafast buffet, but what about pools, transportation, area?

I stayed at the Best Western on Caravan Court once and it was TERRIBLE. Never felt safe.

Any opinions?

SC Minnie
02-06-2003, 11:37 AM
We have stayed at this Amerisuites twice. The pool is relatively small but it was never crowded. The rooms were clean and nice. The one we were in had a pull out sofa and kitchenette. We felt safe there (we would not have gone back it we hadn't). I think they have a shuttle to the parks but we didn't use it. It was leaving later than we wanted. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. They had waffles, cereals, fruit, danishes, etc. The hotel looks like it is only a couple of years old.

Tigger&Belle
02-06-2003, 02:17 PM
What time of the year are you going to Universal? During busy times you couldn't pay me to stay off-site. The front-of-the-line access for resort guests is too good. If it's off-season the price sounds too good to pass up.

lampy
02-06-2003, 02:50 PM
I agree FOTL is a great benefit. This is for next March 04. Not exactly off season.

troot
02-06-2003, 07:14 PM
My sister,son and I stayed there 3 years ago it was nice the breakfast bar ws nice the pool is small.

we got to the hotel late at night due to flight delays. We did call and let the hotel know we wouldn't be in until 1:00am. they said that was fine just ring the buzzer and they would llet us in. They lock the main doors at 11:oopm. When we arrived we rang the bell and no one answered. We kept banging and knocking for about 20 minutes and finaly 2 people came from behind the counter straitening there clothes . They were very appolgetic. They said they were having trouble balancing the books ( yea right). They then proceded to kiss our but we got free nintendo in our room for my son for the week, reduced our rate by $20.00 a night gave us that night free, and every time they saw us were constantly asking if they could do anything for us. It gave us something to laugh at all week.

All in all the place is nice.neat clean.

Have fun.

madelyn
02-08-2003, 02:46 PM
How did you get the $20 rate? Right now I have reservations at the Hawthorn Suites for $85. Was your through Priceline?

Planogirl
02-09-2003, 01:00 AM
I've just about settled on us staying at Amerisuites when we go in March but how did you get such a good rate? I like that people keep saying that the hotel is clean which is VERY important to me. Any other info would be very appreciated too especially whether it's possible to walk from the hotel to the parks. We won't have a car so this is the only thing I'm concerned about.

lampy
02-09-2003, 05:27 AM
I got the rate at universalstudiosvactions.com. Keep in mind I am looking at March of 2004. I was suprised to find anyone taking reservations that far out, but I was just doing some preliminary planning. I can't decide wheter to take this rate or stay on-site at the RP.

madelyn
02-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Thanks for replying. Wow! That is quite a deal! I entered my dates for next week and it prices at around $100 a night!

marley
02-09-2003, 12:49 PM
To all of you who are planning to stay at the Amerisuites in 2003, you can get a $55 rate through www.valuetrips.com. I have used them before and can never find rates lower than theirs when I go to Florida.

Marley

SC Minnie
02-10-2003, 07:55 AM
We used the valuetrips website too. I forget what our rate was but it was around $50. You could walk to the parks but it would be a hike. The parking area for Universal is not that close to the entrance to the park. Even if you drive it can take 10-15 minutes to get from the parking deck to the front gate. The Amerisuites is directly across the street from the parking deck.

Amerisuites does have a shuttle to take you to the parks. We didn't use it because it was leaving later than we wanted to leave plus we had a car. There are several restaurants within walking distance- TGIFridays, Cracker Barrel, and one other I don't remember.

crazelion
02-16-2003, 04:34 PM
The link does not work for universalstudiosvactions.com.
Can you post it again please.

Thanks

crazelion
02-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Never mind. Figure it out was spell wrong

crazelion
02-16-2003, 04:41 PM
Do they have somewhere on this site I can book hotels rooms.

universalstudiosvactions.com

If so where is it at.