View Full Version : loking for USF watertaxi info 101
02-04-2003, 11:49 AM
I will be staying at the HRH for the first time this sept. I know that there are watertaxis (or whatever you want to call them) that go from the hotels to the parks, but I had a couple questions:
1. what is the traffic pattern of the taxis, is it like at epoct in terms of one big circular route, or different?
2. what is the average wait for a watertaxi at the HRH?
3. Is there ever a situation when you can't get into one of the boats b/c its too crowded (like at epcot!)
4. is it easier just to walk from HRH to the parks and citywalk? what about from HRH to PBR?
thanks for the scoop!
02-04-2003, 12:20 PM
1. what is the traffic pattern of the taxis, is it like at epoct in terms of one big circular route, or different? Each boat goes only from it's resort to the dock at City Walk - you don't share a boat with the other resorts.
2. what is the average wait for a watertaxi at the HRH? I think they say about 20 minutes - but we hardly used them so I'm not really sure!
3. Is there ever a situation when you can't get into one of the boats b/c its too crowded (like at epcot!) Probably - but once again I never had that happen
4. is it easier just to walk from HRH to the parks and citywalk? what about from HRH to PBR? It is definitely easier to walk to the parks and Citywalk in my opinion. It's barely a 5 minute walk to Universal or to City Walk and just a little more to IOA. I'm not sure about the walk to Portofino - I would think it was longer but we DID take a water taxi there. You have to go to the dock at CityWalk and change boats - so time wise it's probably as long as walking!
02-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Definitely WALK to the parks. The water taxi only takes you to CityWalk anyway. The walk from HRH to CityWalk is only a few minutes. Take the path out the back of the pool across the parking lot and before you know it, you're at Universal Studios. It is SOOOOO
02-05-2003, 08:30 AM
When we were at HRH, we only used the water taxi when it was right there. It's so fast and pleasant to walk, that we never wanted to bother waiting for the water taxi.
As far as being crowded, the few times we did use it, it was never crowded where there were no seats, and this was during the July 4th holiday.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.