PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment rate and Loew's Card

ehbis
01-26-2003, 08:38 AM
I was wondering if anybody that booked a rate with the Entertainment Card still got their Loew's benefits with it? Thanks!
Steve

PartyofSix
01-26-2003, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the boards. This has been a hot topic many times. And I think the majority of about 95 % of the time the answer is yes. I have stayed many, many times using the ent rate with multiple rooms and always got the treat for every room.

ehbis
01-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info and welcome:D ! I figured that was the main perk to deal with at check-in, and that use of the health club wouldn't be an issue, as one just needs to show the card. I got an Entertainment Rate of $150 garden view for HRH for 3 adults and 2 kids for 3/13-3/17. Portofino was available for $195- bay view

PartyofSix
01-27-2003, 08:29 PM
If you prefer PBH you should keep calling rates do fall to 150'ish for there bay view rooms which are wonderful!

lomillerin
01-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Do you show your Loews card at check in to get the welcome gift or will they have it in the room?

lomillerin
01-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Can we get two gifts since we are checking out of HRH and then staying at RPR? when we check in at each can we request the gift? If so, can we pick 2 different gifts?
LO

JessicaR
01-28-2003, 12:10 PM
LO,

I always just hand them the card with reservation at Check-In. If you filled out a profile they have your requests on record but I dont see why you cant request a different welcome gift. Do it when checking in.

As far as getting one at each hotel, we did that with no problems.

lomillerin
01-28-2003, 03:16 PM
One more thing, I did not have a card when I made the reservations, should I call and give them the number or can I just give it to them at check in?

JessicaR
01-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Can't hurt to call now and have it added to the reservation. I would:)

ehbis
01-28-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by PartyofSix
If you prefer PBH you should keep calling rates do fall to 150'ish for there bay view rooms which are wonderful!
Thanks again for the advice. Our rates would probably be a bit more with 3 adults. If a better view for HRH shows up, that would be good. I don't know if they ever offer the Entertainment rate on a kid's suite or if an upgrade might be available at check in for extra money. I think I'm going to be fine with Hard Rock, reviews I've read on Travelocity and TripAdvisor are much more consistently good with HRH than Portofino.

kat28
01-30-2003, 07:20 PM
:( Decided to book a trip to Universal and stay on site. Where do I go? Of course--universalstudios.com. You could only book packages--should be the best way to go right? Booked the trip-7 nites at RPH june15-22 standard view. Price for the hotel is $1424 for 7 days (or 203 per night) What benefits does the package give you? 2 adult passes to wet and wild/or one meal. Now I'm reading about discounted rates/entertainment book deals, etc. (coincidentally, we do have an entertainment book).

This might be an obvious question--Did we get ripped off?

How does Universal get away with doing this?

Disney Debbie
01-30-2003, 08:22 PM
First of all - you can book a room only online. Click on the On-Site Resorts button - don't go to the buy tickets and vacation button.

Secondly - If you don't like your deal - try for something better. If you have an Entertainment Card call and see what the rate is for your dates. If it's better - cancel your ressies and make new ones at that rate.

Third - If you still don't get a good rate, check out the Loew's site and see what they have. Join Loew's first for free while your there - you may get a room upgrade at check in and you're supposed to get a "welcome" gift.

Fourth - The deal online for the 5 consecutive days tickets for the price of a 2 day ticket can't be beat!

Fifth - You didn't get ripped off - you just didn't get the best deal. You've got plenty of time to research and come up with something better!

kat28
02-01-2003, 07:56 AM
:p Thanks for the info DD. I feel better about the rate considering the discounted park ticket rates. Already signed up for Lowe's card. We'll apply it to our ressies once received. We'll also ask them about where our room is at that time (It seems like some buildings are better than others by the sounds of other threads).

Dano1182
02-01-2003, 10:52 AM
I have been checking around for differnt rates.One thing that I have not been able to figure out is one day I looked into a 2 nite thre day package at RP it was about 730 on uswebsite.The next day it was 970.

I then called RP direct and asked for entertainment rate.
I got Waterview for 125 a night and now they offer passes pay for 2 days get five.The passes are $88 for 5 days seems too good to be true.

I did not do the math but could it be cheaper for you to book entertaineent rate for hotel and buy 2 day passes get days.Even if you buy 2 sets of 5 day passes.That is if you plan on going to US parks everyday if you are taking a day off you may only need five day of passes

The entertaianment rate was drasticly lower than any thing offered online.
AAA,Amexx,Expedia,Loews,among others.

Call and ask for all rates the woman on the phone was very helpful

damo
02-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Well, if you are paying $125/night for two nights and then $90 each for two tickets it works out to $430 for your two night vacation. Pretty good deal. Way better than the package of $730.

I don't think package deals work to your advantage very often.

shpedly
02-02-2003, 08:06 AM
kat28,
It has usually been my experience that when making reservations with resorts, you get a much better rate buying rooms and tickets separately. Entertaiment rates have the best deal, I have HRH for 125/night. I would suggest to keep calling to try and get a ent rate as they add avail all the time. you don't need a book tomake the ressie, and you can buy one afterwards online at www.entertainment.com. Right now they are $10 off and free shipping.you can canel your original ressies once you get something cheaper.

kat28
02-02-2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the advise.

I called reservations and asked about the advantage of the packages vs booking rooms/buying tickets separately and even quoted some of these prices. She told me "impossible" The packages are ALWAYS cheaper than booking separately. Could have fooled me. My package is supposed to include the "fifth nite free".

Just one more question though. I haven't attempted to obtain the entertainment rate yet (although I do have a card). Does anyone know if they are blocks of rooms that they keep reserved for entertainment book? Is is possible that the ent rate rooms are not as nicely located as a room booked at the regular rate?

Disney Debbie
02-02-2003, 08:07 PM
I booked with the Entertainment Rate for Hard Rock 2 years ago - $99/night. Got upgraded to a pool view when we arrived. They do not give you a bad room.

Call and find out now about the Entertainment Rate - they go quickly.

And as far as the reservationist goes - If you call a guy that sells whole life insurance he'll tell you that's the best thing since sliced bread. If you call a Ford salesman and ask him about Toyota.... you get my drift!:p

We're staying 5 nights at RP for $110/00 night and bougt the 2-day get 5 days passes. That's $850.00 or $170.00 a night WITH park passes. If I'm reading your original post correctly you aren't getting your park passes at all? or are you getting them with Wet-n-Wild too? If that's the case, Wet n Wild is only $30.00 so you still can do better with an Entertainment rate and buying separate tickets.

kat28
02-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Without airfare, it's $1967. That's 7 nites standard room at RP, 2 adult and one junior length of stay passes, 2 adult and one child wet and wild, round trip transfers to and from airport and travel insurance.

It breaks down to 203.30 for 7 nites (including all room taxes, etc.) and 3 wet and wild passes

3 length of stay passes at $130 apiece

$75 for transfers

$60 insurance

barbnbrian
02-07-2003, 06:49 AM
"I was wondering if anybody that booked a rate with the Entertainment Card still got their Loew's benefits with it? "

When I booked my room with Entertainment Rate, I was told that I would not receive the Loews Card benefits.

I think I will still present my Loews Card at check in and see if I can get the welcome gift.

Linda/MA
02-07-2003, 10:42 AM
I just booked a room at HRH with the Entertainment card. Will they ask for the card at check-in? She didn't ask for any info over the phone. Or is this rate widely available and not just for Entertainment card holders?

JessicaR
02-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Hi Linda,

Bring the card when you check-in. They may ask and they may not. It would be awful to not have the card if asked to show it and risk possibly paying the difference. They do not ask for verification over the phone when booking this rate. Have a nice trip!

Hi barbnbrian,

By all rights as stated on your loews card, discounted third party rates are not entitled to the loews amenities. However many many people have received them while using the entertainment rate. I would say more have then have not. Absolutely give the card at check-in. I hope you have a nice trip:)

jdm
02-10-2003, 02:00 AM
Although I was not asked for the Entertainment info on the phone when making my reservation, I was told that I would need to have the card at checkin.

Jenn

BarbaraMB
02-18-2003, 11:53 AM
I need two rooms (we have 4 kids) they said I would need 2 entertainment cards to get the discount on both rooms. Is it possible to use someone else's card (friend/family member) as long as they didn't use it for the hotel discount.

dbail2
02-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Last summer they would not let us use our loews first card in conjunction with the entertainment discount. I just booked for this july using the entertainment rate and the loews first card so we will see what happens in July one year later.

JessicaR
02-19-2003, 06:08 PM
dbail2,

Just curious were you staying at Hard Rock? Did you mean by not letting you use your loews card that they didnt send up the the welcome gift? We had that happen once and we just called star services when we were ready for the cookies and milk and they were sent up about 1/2 hr later.

dbail2
02-20-2003, 07:31 PM
We stayed at the Royal Pacific. They had alot of problems last summer. They had no kid packages. Their staff knew nothing about the grade A kids program. They checked us into the wrong room(not pool view) and when we got there it was not even cleaned yet. The poor bell man. We did not get our milk and cookies and could not use the health club. They said at check in it was due to the fact we were getting such a good rate. I did not want to fight with them so I wrote a letter when we got hame about our experiences and we got a coupon for 2 free nights which I am using this year and booked another night with the loews first card.

antmaril
02-21-2003, 07:21 AM
Just wanted to mention that we stayed at PBH last year over Labor Day Weekend using our Entertainment Card. I am also a Loews First member and mentioned that when I made the reservation and also at check-in. They delivered a very nice bottle of white wine to our room shortly after our arrival.

bjakmom
02-21-2003, 05:04 PM
BarbaraMB- I was also told I'd need 2 ent cards, but at the last minute we only needed one room, and they did ask to see my card. I have seen other posts from people who did not need 2 cards for 2 rooms - but if you have one from a family member or friend I would take it along just in case - they don't take down the # from it or mark it in any way - so I don't think there is any way of knowing if it had been used before or not.

I also received the wine even after being told over the phone that no Loews perks could be given with the entertainment rate - so maybe by the end of Aug they had fixed that.