PDA

View Full Version : Any Magic Halloween Cruisers 2003 out there?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Rose_Greenthumb
01-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi! So who else will be cruising with us then? They'll be me (Emma, 15), my Mum, my Dad and my brother's Oliver and James (both 13).

laurenk
01-26-2003, 10:15 AM
We will be on that cruise! My twins will be turning 10 at Key West! This will be our first cruise, and it cannot get here soon enough!:D

KaitlinsMom
01-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Add us to the pot - My husband and myself and our daughter will be 5 then -

Karen

Rose_Greenthumb
01-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Great! I wasn't too sure if anyone would be on here this early in advance.

laurenk
01-26-2003, 06:57 PM
:Pinkbounc

buzz&woody'smom
01-26-2003, 07:49 PM
I will be there with MIL, 5 year old DS, 2.5 DS, Mom and Dad

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Rose_Greenthumb
01-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Just so you all know, Im slightly obsessed with LOTR and I have a quote from the films for every day.
Today's is
"What about elevensis? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?"

JLSE50
01-27-2003, 12:19 PM
EMMA: Sounds like Samwise asking about food on the expedition. Am I close?

Greetings everyone: We went on the MAGIC Halloween Cruise 2002 and met Emma there. Anyone with questions, just ask. There will be others who are going again this year also who can answer them.

Have a great cruise and fun looking forward to it! :Pinkbounc

Jan :earsgirl:

Rose_Greenthumb
01-27-2003, 12:58 PM
Not quite! It's Pippin asking Merry if Aragorn knows about other meals besides breakfast. I was going to post it on the other thread but Dena already used it.

rae519
01-27-2003, 04:03 PM
Looks like Mom (74), me (48) and Michael (my ds - age 8) will be meeting up with you all.

Can we plan a brunch together at Palo's? Jan, I figure you'd go along with this - correct? Do you think I could go as "Grumpy"? I'm feeling it right now with these freezin' below zero temps!

Maybe we could get a table together with Emma and her family?
Up to any and all suggestions for "fun in the sun"!

And my dear "Rose Greenthumb" - Dahling, how about coming up with a real novel idea for recognizing eachother? I'm thinking "lime green boa" for a sort of hair ribbon or wrist corsage?!~ You are our ace in the hole for fashion so go for it!

Glad you started our thread and so glad to be a part of this cruise!

Rae

mdvasquez
01-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Yea for you Emma! I'm glad you got this thread started.:D Just to update the new people, we too will be on this cruise. That includes, me my DH, MY 2 DS (16&13) my DD (12), My parent, my MIL, my two sisters and their husbands and babies (1 each) and my cousin his wife and their two kids. We are so excited and cant wait! I know that this is getting way ahead, but we also just booked for halloween of 2004 on the magic. And guess what, it is the eastern itinerary. YEA.

Dena:earsgirl:

rae519
01-27-2003, 07:59 PM
Hi Dena!
Wow!~ You certainly have a large group traveling with you! Glad to know I'm going to be with such a wonderful group of Halloweeners!

Rae

rocadonismom
01-28-2003, 09:43 AM
HI! I don't ever post much (have to change that) but, I am here every day.
We are going on this cruise - it will be me (28) and my husband (25). My parents are also going to be there (54 and 48 ish). I would love to "get to know you" before the cruise. It sounds like you all had a great time last year! --Carolyn

buzz&woody'smom
01-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Hi All-

As I stated above I will be going with my MIL, 2 & 5 year old DS's and my parents. Halloween will fall on Friday our Castway Cay Day. Will the ship have a party that evening and can the kids wear their costumes to dinner?

Thanks!
Tiff

Rose_Greenthumb
01-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Today's quote is
"Frodo, I'm Arwen. Telin le thaed. Lasto bth nin, tolo dan ngalad (I've come to help you. Hear my voice. Return to the light.)"

Well last year Halloween was on the Thursday which was a day at sea anyway so all the Trick or Treating was held then. Lots of people wore their costumes to dinner (not just the kids) and I should think the same thing will happen this year.

9 months and we will be half way through our cruise already!

I'm hoping Ill find some1 my age before I go because I wasn't a big fan of common grounds last year.

Im going to London for the weekend with the performing arts department at my school. I filled in this form for it on Sunday and can't for the life of me remember where I put it!

Rose_Greenthumb
01-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by rae519

Maybe we could get a table together with Emma and her family?

You lost me there! Mind you I am one of the easily confused...

Rose_Greenthumb
01-28-2003, 11:58 AM
And my dear "Rose Greenthumb" - Dahling, how about coming up with a real novel idea for recognizing eachother? I'm thinking "lime green boa" for a sort of hair ribbon or wrist corsage?!~ You are our ace in the hole for fashion so go for it!

Hmm, Ill get thinking on that one! After all, we only have 9 months!!!

rae519
01-28-2003, 01:00 PM
Ain't nobody who can do it up like Emma can!

RE: Maybe we could get a table for all of us and be dining mates - guess I write almost as fast as I talk - leave it to a New Yorker to get a Brit confused!!!!!! You're okay, Emma - I got that from a good source (Jan!) - now she's probably still making a decision on me ; )

Rae

rae519
01-28-2003, 01:03 PM
To the Entire Halloween Group -

The 9/28/02 group had a list going so people could keep track of who was going, etc, etc. Putting on it as much or as little information as they liked. Then we decided if we wanted to meet and where, brunch or not -- just little things. No one was obligated for anything but just whatever they felt comfortable with.

Would someone like to start this for our group? I don't know how to do attachments so I'm probably not the best one to take over the responsibility.

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
01-28-2003, 01:08 PM
I am in but computer illiterate except for posting :(:Pinkbounc

Rose_Greenthumb
01-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Ah! I get ya now! It doesn't really take much to confuse me though! So you mean a table for all of us here? Or am I confused again?!

If no1 else can, I could try the whole info gathering thing but this is the girl who nearly blew up the school when trying to use a sewing machine!

rae519
01-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Rose!!
You got it!
I have to change from cash to points today so I'll have the new numbers later. You nearly blew up the school with the sewing machine. Okay, DAHLING, you are now officially out of the "Seamstress" career field! We will have to let Jan take over!!!
(Isn't it nice the way I volunteer her! Considering I was assuming she was coming with us on this cruise and she isn't?) I think I should kidnap her and bring her anyway!

Buzz&Woody's Mom - welcome to the club!!!!!! The tag fairy and monitor had to help me when I was trying to post Kayla's memorial - I tried and really messed stuff up!!! Hey, as "Desiderata" states, "even the dull & ignorant .....have their story". My middle name is "computer ignorant but chatty on line"!!

My husband says if I compile the info, he will help me post it. So I'm going to get this going - maybe tomorrow!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
01-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Do they do tables that big?

I don't think Ill even start on what happened when I used the drill in woodwork. Or what happened when I made cheese on toast. Oh and there was the time when we were making copper sulphate crystals in science...

We're apparently due some snow tomorrow morning. I hope it doesn't cause a problem with getting to London on Friday. I found my form, somehow I'd put it in my maths book and I thought it would be a good idea to leave it there for safe keeping. I then handed my maths book in!

Today's quote
"If you want him, come and claim him!"

rae519
01-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Tables that big? Oh yeah!!!!
And I am definitely kidnapping Jan!

I bet we all have those "school stories" - I remember once when the science prof said, "Now don't look at the flame!" and I shouted out, "Wow! Look at that!" I guess I didn't hear him and everybody turned to look - ohhh, did he ever get upset with me!!

Anyone working on a costume yet? I want to be something big and fluffy - (comfortable). I'm going to have to check on some ideas and maybe talk my Mom into doing some sewing!!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
01-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Big and fluffy made me think of Sulley from Monsters Inc. :)

rocadonismom
01-29-2003, 03:28 PM
I think I'm going with a renaissance gown. I found some beautiful ones on Ebay. It'll be so fun to have an excuse to dress up for Halloween.

Also, although I have no kids (unless you count husband, and he would definately count), I would be very interested in participating in a trick or treat.

Fluffy costumes? What about Pooh or Baloo?

dzneprincess
01-29-2003, 05:54 PM
We will also be there :-) Myself (28) Dh (30), DS 8, DD 7 and DS 4. I will be more than likely leaving newest DS at home, who will be 5 months by then :-) We are all very excited and I wanna go NOW! LOL

rae519
01-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Buzz&Woody's Mom - YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
Ohhh, I love Sully! And he is so big and fuzzy!
My DS (Michael) can be Mike! What a great idea! You rock, girl!!

Carolyn1023 - Renaissance Gown! Ohhhh, that sounds lovely! Don't you just LOVE E-bay!
Heck yeah, trick or treat - we are all kids with Disney!

Welcome dzneprincess and family - we all echo that "we want to go now" feeling!!! Start thinking "costumes"!!!!!

Rose Greenthumb - DAHLING! Remember Frodo lives! But Emma rocks!

Rae

rae519
01-29-2003, 06:44 PM
http://www.kidsturncentral.com/holidays/hcostume3.htm

Here's a website with some unique costume ideas - I did NOT go through all of them and do not mean to offend anyone.
Trying to be "PC" (politically correct)!

Rae

dzneprincess
01-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh my!!! I am lovin the Black eye p!! hehe

buzz&woody'smom
01-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Well it is actually funny because I was sitting here at the PC reading your thread about a fluffly costume and at that exact moment my 20 month old DS was running a huge Tonka dump truck over my feet with you guessed it a stuffed Sulley in the dump part of the truck..........define inspiration from a 20 month old :)

Last year my boys were Buzz & Woddy, this year since we will be on the cruise I was thinking Captain Hook and Peter Pan??? MY 5 year old DS wants me to be Wendy and his Nana (my MIL) to be Tinker Bell............that would be kinda not good :)

disneydeb
01-30-2003, 10:55 AM
i'll be there(47) with DD (19) almost 20.

rae519
01-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Welcome Disneydeb!
I love these mother-daughter trips - but of course, in this case, I'm the daughter (48) and Mom's the Mom (74) and Michael is my DS (8).
Mom and I love the Rainforest and she plans on camping out there during this cruise. Except for hitting the dessert table but she's a wisp of a woman and it won't bother her at all.

Buzz&Woody'smom - I love your inspiration - hey, fluffy and comfortable - Sully works! I usually do a ugly witch. I tried Elvira but that really wasn't working for me!!!

My Michael wants to be a pirate. Maybe I could be Mr. Sneed? He was pretty comfortable looking!

I love the Peter Pan idea - everybody gets to be part of it. Hey, wasn't there a dog in it? Maybe I could do the dog! HAHAHA! I don't think I could get down on all fours like I could in the "old days" - I'm feeling older than Mom lately!

Dzneprincess - aren't some of them outrageous?! It's "food for thought".

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
01-30-2003, 01:39 PM
We did Trick or Treating last year as I recall, that worked out really well.

I was thinking I could go as Rose Greenthumb for halloween. Those of you that don't know, my name is actually Emma, Rose Greenthumb is my hobbit name.

Today's quote is
"What grace is given me, let it pass to him. Let him be spared."

Phew, for a moment there it looked like the washing machine had eaten one of my Hello Kitty socks! That really would have been a disaster.

We were singing Dream A Little Dream today in choir and I could just see a whole load of pigs ballet dancing to it. Mind you, I do think my RE teacher looks like an apple. It's no wonder people think Im phsyco really!

Well I really have to go and pack my stuff for London and do my maths homework which is in for first thing monday morning (Oh how I love my maths teacher!).

rae519
01-30-2003, 01:58 PM
DAHLING! You definitely need this vacation - enjoy the theater!!

I think the story of the psycho substitute tops the choir director one!

You have to get packing and I've got to stop procrastinating on getting my taxes done! AGGHHH! Don't ever grow up, Emma - it's not as much fun!

Rae

rocadonismom
01-30-2003, 02:52 PM
buzz&woodysmom - You and your mom could always dress up as two of the lost boys, that would keep with the Peter Pan theme.

Emma- Don't read this post now - you should be packing and doing homework. However, I just wanted to tell you to have a wonderful trip. And - forgive my ignorance because I have yet to see either of TLOTR movies - is Rose_Greenthumb an actual hobbit or one that "matches" your name?

Rae - Loved the costume page. There are some really cute ideas. Last year I dressed my husband all in black and sewed Barbie dolls all over him. He was a chick magnet.
I think I'm going to break down and try some spa stuff this time. Sounds relaxing and so many people have good things to say about it.

disneydeb - Welcome to the post.

dzneprincess - I agree with you about wanting to go now! Several of the guys I work with every day think it's funny that I know how many days are left til we leave. Don't they know this is important business?

rae519
01-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Carolyn1023 - My Mom grow up around Scranton, PA. It will be nice to hear about the changes in the area.
Ohh, I loved the "chick magnet" - what a hoot! Great idea!

I have purchased a lot of spa products and am very pleased with them STILL! And I am using them (unlike the Mary Kay makeup I tried). I have some favorites (Instant Refreshing Gel and Musclease) and I like their facial products (cleaning and moisturizing).

I am still trying to talk Mom into doing a costume but she's a rather shy person and I don't think she will. I do have some time to work on her - maybe I'll get Michael to ask - the magic of the Grandchild at work!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
01-30-2003, 03:54 PM
You're right! I really should not be here but I couldn't resist checking the board one more time! And anyway, Im nearly packed!

Rose Greenthumb is the hobbit name that matches with mine. The name generator is
http://www.barrowdowns.com/middleearthname.asp
if anyone wants to try it.

You heard about the psyco substitute teacher thing from Jan then? He just went off on one about Osama Bin Laden and showed us a photo of him with some1 he claimed was Bin Laden! Well he hasn't been seen at all this week so I don't know what happened to him...

My friends all think Im mad because I count down to things Im excited about. When we went to Venice with the choir last year I knew exactly how long it was till we were going. I think they're rather glad we don't have any dates for China as of yet!

Well Im going now, I just remembered whilst reading Rae's message that I haven't sorted my wash stuff out yet!

rae519
01-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Glad the psycho sub is gone. You think maybe he went away with the men wearing white jackets?!

Enjoy your trip, Emma!!

Rae

rae519
01-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Emma!
I tried the Hobbit name site....thanks so much! It was great!!!!

By the way, I'm a cowardly Nazgul - name "Angelica Bushey from Willowbottom" and my Orkish name is "Grimzog the Sly".

I tried my son Michael:
He's a world famous Harfoot - name "Polo Fields from Oatbarten" and his Orkish name is "Burzgork the Tearer".

I think I like being Grimzog the Sly!!!!!
And Michael is definitely "Burzgork the TERROR"!

Rae

rocadonismom
01-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Emma - Wow! You really get to do quite a bit of traveling. That's so exciting - I love seeing new places.

I also went and tried the name site I come up as "Menegilda Ploughman from Frogmorton" (is Frogmorton a nice place to visit?) and my Orkish name is "Bagkur the Crazy" (fits pretty well).

Rae - What a small world. Scranton is about 45 minutes from here. I truthfully don't go there much - usually only into Dickson City for the AC Moore but, I think it has really grown. I'll ask my aunt, they go all the time.

Do you have a favorite treatment at the spa that you would reccomend?

buzz&woody'smom
01-31-2003, 01:53 PM
At Grand Cayman I think I will send my parents (Mom uses a wheel chair) MIL and 2.5 year old DS on the Land & Sea Tour or the DCL Air conditioned Bus tour of the island/turtle farm/Hell.

I was hoping to do something more adventurous with my 5 year old DS but don't know if I should just take him to 7 mile beach or go on one of the sting ray excursions. After reading some of the wonderful trip reports about kids "drowning" their parents to get away from the rays I can so see my son doing that and even at 5 he is half my size :)

Another option would be to pack them all off with my MIL :) and tag along with one of you brave soles to snorkel.

What do you all think we should do?

Tiff

rae519
01-31-2003, 02:30 PM
Carolyn 1023 -The capsule. Ohhh yeah!
You recline in a enclosed egg shaped capsule that is very warm and vibrates, with headphones on soothing music, a warm eye shield over your eyes and for me, lavender oil! I've had several treatments and the massages are very good, as is the wrap but the capsule is heaven.

So you are Bagkur the Crazy, ehhh! I had a ball with that last night! Emma is so great and comes up with such wonderful things!

Tiff - I think we are going horseback riding at Nikki's. Buckaroo's Dad did it with his son last summer and raved about it. His whole trip report was a hoot and I wish I had saved it now. I know they did the ATV's also, but I think that was at Cozumel.

Snorkeling? I keep hearing the theme to JAWS. That's because the one time I did go in the Ocean (in Hawaii), my dear friend grabbed my leg and scared the stuffing out of me! No more ocean for me!

Rae

rae519
01-31-2003, 02:45 PM
Introducing the DIS Halloween Cruisers for 2003!

1) Rose_Greenthumb
England
Emma (15), her parents and her twin 13 yr old brothers (Oliver and James)

2) LaurenK
Virginia
Lauren, DH and her twin 10 year old sons

3) Kaitlin'sMom
Southern California
Karen, D and 5 year old

4) Buzz&Woody'sMom
Jacksonville, NC
Tiff, DH, MIL, DS 2.5 yrs, and DS 5 yrs

5) MDVasquez
Sebastian, FL
wife, DH, 2 DS (16/13), DD (12)
Parent
MIL
Two Sisters and their spouses and 1 baby each
Cousin, his wife and 2 children

6) Carolyn1023
Pocono Pines, PA
Carolyn (28), spouse
Parents (54 & 48)

7) Dzneprincess
Columbus, GA
DW (28), DH(30)
DS (8 and 4), DD (7)
And minding the fort will be DS age 5 months!

8) Disney Deb
N.Windham, CT
(47) with DD (almost 20)

9)rae519
Peru, IN - NATIVE NEW YORKER
Rae (48), my Mom Lilly (74) and my son Michael (8)
My DH (Tom) will be minding the fort (babysitting our cat and dog!)

Welcome Disney Magic Halloween Cruisers for 2003~!

May we have calm seas, clear skies and many good times with our loved ones and each other!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
01-31-2003, 02:51 PM
One correction my griup will consist of:

Me, 2 DS's (2.5 & 5.5), MIL and my parents.

DH has to stay home due to the war or "current conflict" :(

But you all sound like a lively and FUN group......can't wait!

rae519
01-31-2003, 03:01 PM
My DH can't come either - so are we going to be two "wild single women"?!

Yeah, with parents and children along our DH's won't ever have to worry about us, will they?! But just who is going to watch them while we are gone?!!!!

As time passes, we can see if we want to have something to identify our group (T-shirt, ribbons of a certain color, etc.) during embarkation and meet at a certain point during the Sail Away.

Also, we might decide to have Brunch at Palo's together one day while at sea.

And there is also the opportunity to have Disney arrange seating for people who want to sit together during Dinner. We've done this twice already and they way it works is that one person will call DCL with the others name, address and reservation number and request for seating together. You must both have the same time (Main or Late Dining).

I think that's about all I can share with you right now - Michael is due home on the school bus and it's snowing heavy (this morning was freezing rain).

So glad it's the weekend!

Rae

rocadonismom
01-31-2003, 03:33 PM
This definately does sound like a fun group, I am so looking forward to meeting all of you. Rea and Tiff- although this is probably WAY to much info - if Angelo goes back to his mom by then I'll be free to join the "wild single women with parents as chaperones group"! But anyway, I digress...

I started looking at the excursion choices almost a month ago. So many to pick from. Tenatively I was looking at the Stingray City Snorkel Tour and 7 Mile Sail & Snorkel on Grand Cayman - Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party and Dolphins on Cozumel - Parasailing and the Banana Boat on Castaway Cay and nothing yet for Key West. However, I LOVE horseback riding and am pretty adventurous so, I'm sure there will be many changes.

Rae - The capsule sounds wonderful. I went over to the website to check it out... "you will feel as if you had 2 1/2 hours of sleep during the 25 minute procedure". Sleep sounds good to me, I get so little of it as it is.

The brunch idea sounds fabulous. Although this is my second Disney cruise we did no excursions, Palo, spa or anything on the first one. I'm determined to try all kinds of things this time. And I'd love to meet up with others so as long as others are interested we'll have to come up with something!

Okay, that's long enough. I'll talk to you later --Carolyn

rae519
01-31-2003, 03:52 PM
Carolyn - I love it "WSWWPACG" - HAHAHAH!

I'm not quite sure what excursions I (we) will take. Quite a difference between 74 - 48 and 8!! Finding something for all of us to do is probably impossible, but maybe - just maybe! I need to review all the information again since the only two things I know that I will DEFINITELY do is the brunch and the Vista Spa.

The capsule is very relaxing - I've done the 25 minutes twice already and am going to opt for the longer session this time. The Rainforest is very relaxing to me and Mom, we enjoy "hopping" around from sauna to shower to hot chair and back again! There are two steam saunas and one dry one - three different kinds of showers and those ceramic hot (warm) chairs are nice!!!

I am going to be asking for a specific server when we embark so if anyone wants to do that - it is possible to make the request. So much to do at embarkation though - Lunch, Palo, Oceaneer's Club, breathe, Dining Room Change, unpack.......MUSTERING STATION...Sail Away...Dinner! Oh yeah, I'm ready!

I haven't gotten my flight reservations yet but am seriously considering flying in on Friday night and staying at the Port or maybe Airport.

Any recommendations or suggestions from those who have done it before? (I don't want to rent a car though!!)

And I still hear it....dah DAH dah DAH dah DAH DAH DAH (Jaws theme).

Rae

JLSE50
01-31-2003, 06:59 PM
I have been away from the DIS for DAYS and you have added so much. Sure wish I was going. Any space in a suitcase Rae?

BUZZ&WOODYSMOM: We had a GUY (and not a small one at that) on our last Halloween cruise who went dressed as Tinkerbell! His mother made his costume.
(We also had an adult lady Tinkerbell who was cuter--sorry Paul, if you are lurking, but she is cuter and her husband was Peter Pan.)
Paul won a special prize too--for having the hutzpa to dress like that I think. No reason your DS's Nana could not be Tinkerbell and you be Wendy--it's Halloween!!

laurenk
01-31-2003, 07:18 PM
Rae- Thanks for putting the list together! One correction though, I have one boy and one girl. We are also traveling with neighbors who have a 5 year old son.

Buzz&Woody'smom- You can join us at Stingray City, but I warn you, I might be jumping in your arms!

I am SOOO excited for this cruise, and getting to meet all if you will be an added bonus. We went to a DIS meet once at WDW and had a wonderful experience.

buzz&woody'smom
01-31-2003, 08:13 PM
Oh Lauren, I needed a laugh tonight my hair desser took about 3 inches off more than I planned for.....a woman thing.

Is your neighbor's 5 year old going? Does he seemed freaked out about the Sting Rays? Thanks for the offer to join you I may just do that and soon to be 5 year old DS may have developed enough by then to go too :)

Maybe my hair will have grown back by our meeting!

laurenk
01-31-2003, 09:51 PM
They are seriously thinking about taking their son to Stingray City, he says he wants to do it, but...............

:eek:
LMK if you really do want to join us, the more the merrier!!

He WILL be doing the Dolphin Encounter at Cozumal. he is VERY bommed that he is too young for the swim.

Sorry about your hair:( Some hair dressers get over zealous.

JLSE50
01-31-2003, 10:05 PM
EMMA
We were singing Dream A Little Dream today in choir and I could just see a whole load of pigs ballet dancing to it. Mind you, I do think my RE teacher looks like an apple. It's no wonder people think Im phsyco really!
Maybe you need a job illustrating new segments for Disney's FANTASIA.

RAE & CAROLYN1023: What is "WSWWPACG" ? :rolleyes:

At Key West we did Fury Catamaran and loved it.
At Grand Cayman we did Shipwreck and Reef Snorkel and loved it.
At Cozumel we went to Chakannaub (?sp) Park on our own and had a wonderful time with our own snorkeling equipment.
At Castaway Cay we snorkeled with our own equipment at the snorkeling course and the adult beach.

We heard people say that they enjoyed Grand Cayman stingray city and did not hear of any children having trouble. We went to Sea World once and patted sting rays in tanks there. They feel like fine sandpaper. The only person I ever heard of who did not go in the water and enjoy the stingrays is an adult who does not swim. She went on the excursion with her daughter and grandson, stayed on the boat, took pictures and had a lovely time.

Whatever you choose, you will probably have a good time and hear enough about other excursions that you will want to go back and try something else the next time.

Do you all know that the words on RAE's posts under Kayla's picture "Our little angel- Kayla Renee" are a clickable link?

laurenk
01-31-2003, 10:13 PM
Rae- We are staying at The Comfort Inn because it is right near the beach, you can leave your car there, and they have a shuttle(Art's Shuttle) to the ship. We were going to stay at the Radisson, but this is closer to the beach, and only @ 5 miles from the terminal. Plus, my friend found a really good rate for all of us. We are only paying $89.00 including parking there for the week and shuttle, and I "think" my neighbors(carless) are paying around $60.

rae519
02-01-2003, 07:26 AM
LaurenK - made the correction, will post a new one next week. Still hoping for more DIS ers.
(JAN, do you hear that? I have a spot reserved for you and Tom!!!!)
We are flying in to Orlando. I am thinking of just staying at the airport (that hotel there) since I don't want to rent a car and want to use the Disney Transfers.

Jan - Carolyn1023 came up with it after I posted about us being wild single women with children and parents - it stands for:
"Wild Single Women With Parents As Chaparone Group" - yup, thats us - parents and kids but no husbands on this trip!
Thanks for telling us about your excursions - again, I keep hearing the JAWS theme.....big chicken, I know!

Rae

quackattack
02-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Rae, Dena, Emma and Jan,
You all know that we will be going along on the Halloween cruise again this year but I just wanted to introduce the family to EVERYONE else.
On this cruise it will be myself, DH and DS (3 yo), my sister and at least one of my sister's daughters maybe both.
No reservations yet but we will probably stay at the Radisson again.
No plans for excursions yet. We like to spend as much time with our 3 yo as we can so any excursions will have to be toddler friendly. We figure as he gets older we will work our way through the age appropriate excursions and we will get to do them all.
I may not get a chance to get on the thread as much as I would like in the early stages, but it is exciting to get to know the group early. Last year I think the thread was already 30 pages long before I found it. It took me some time to read all 30 pages before posting. I wanted to be up to speed before I posted.

Have to go now. Saturday chores will not do themselves. :mad:

I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Rochelle ( 1/3 of QuackAttack) :bounce: :Pinkbounc :wave:

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-01-2003, 11:42 AM
hi! I'm not going on this cruise, but I was on it last year with Emma and Jan and Dena and a whole bunch of other people. I like hooking in to see what you all will do this year so yeah. If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask.

*The Space Shuttle Columbia just blew up. Another moment where we'll remember where we were. First Israeli was one of crew members. the images they are showing remind me so much of 9/11.*

rae519
02-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Hi Rochelle - I'll get you on the next list. It's going to be a fun time for all of us.

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL - Thanks for stopping in - stay and just add your suggestions as you see fit - hey, we can always use some advise!!

So sorry to hear about the Columbia - I was in the car and remembered that it was also in January, many years ago, that the Challenger exploded. Can't forget that date, Lucianno Pavarotti was live in Indianapolis and a friend and I were there to hear him. He sang "Ave Maria" as a memorial to them.

One of the crew was from Plattsburgh, NY - not sure if my parents knew him or not, but regardless of race,color, creed or national origin, everyone on that flight was someone's child, or spouse or parent. May God help their families through this horrific tragedy.

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-02-2003, 01:37 PM
I got back about an hour ago. I had a really great time and we did so much!

Friday
I arrived at school at about 8:35am and found a gang of my friends all jumping up and down with excitement. The weather wasn't looking great for us but we decided even if we got stranded we'd be fine *** Helen always has enough food with her to feed the 5000! We went to sit in the drama studio and compare suitcase sizes. We left almost bang on 9am and arrived in London at about 1:45pm. The weather hadn't hindered us at all. We had a makeshift tour of London for a few hours before we checked into our hotel at 4pm.

We had an hour to get ready for dinner and the theatre but most of our time was eaten up by us ooing and ahhing over our rooms. We turned on the TV in our room and there was a welcome message for Miss Hickmore (me!) *** the room was in my name!

Dinner was served and we left for the theatre once we'd all finished. I think we got to the London Palladium at about 7pm and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang started at 7:30pm. It was fabulous! Michael Ball was in it and boy does he have a voice on him! The baron got the giggles when his pants kept slipping down and the baroness just wound him up whilst staying in character! It was wonderful.

We got back to the hotel at about 11pm and I went to bed around 1am!

Saturday
My alarm went off to my disgust at 7am! We had breakfast at 8am and left the hotel for Oxford Street at 9am. We had four hours shopping along Oxford Street but I never actually bought anything because we got a phone call on Lyndzi's mobile (cell phone) from Zak. They'd met Kathryn's idol in Topshop and she wanted to speak to Kathryn. Kathryn got so excited that she just screamed and screamed! She was really upset that she'd missed seeing her and about an hour later we got another call from Helen. Kathryn misunderstood what Helen had said and thought her idol was in McDonalds (there are about 5 McDonalds on Oxford Street!) so we ran the entire length of Oxford Street in about 10mins dashing into every McDonalds we saw! It was all a misunderstanding of huge proportions and by this time, we had about half an hour before we had to meet back to go to the theatre.

We got to Bombay Dreams about 45mins before show time and so we just sat in our seats and chatted. It was absolutly stunning visually! The sound was great but some of the songs were mimed. I suppose it was because they were doing so much dancing. I want the soundtrack though because it's really something.

Back at the hotel we had dinner and went to either the gym or the pool. Then we just lounged about in other ppl's rooms.

Again I managed to go to sleep at 1am.

Sunday
Woke up at 7am with a really bad cold! Had breakfast at 8am and left again at 9am with all our luggage in tow.

We went on the London eye which had spectacular views of most of London. Needless to say we got pretty snap happy!

I suppose that lasted about half an hour and so we headed to a little shopping centre and stayed there for about an hour. We then headed home and the most exciting thing that happened was that we stopped at a service station!

Rose_Greenthumb
02-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Sorry that last post is so long! Im glad you all enjoyed the name generator, I had fun finding out all my friend's middle earth names not long ago.

I heard about the Columbia when I turned on the widescreen TV in my hotel room last night! I didnt watch much of it though because they didnt really know anything about what had happened because it was breaking news and plus we were having a bit of a get together in Lyndzi's room!

rae519
02-02-2003, 03:50 PM
Emma!

So wonderful to get that travel report - my, my it sounds like you had toooo much fun. I think I'd rather enjoy meeting Helen - the way she packs reminds me of someone I see daily in the mirror!!
I even bring food on the Disney cruise!

The story about the baron's pants falling reminds me of the "Man of La Mancha" when the actor who played Don Quixote jumped three pages and no one knew where he was or what he was trying to do to make up for all the missing dialogue and song!
I learned early on to post myself a note somewhere hidden on the set to keep me in line if I mess up. Only did it once (Neil Simon's Last of the Red Hot Lovers) but that was ENOUGH!

So our Halloween list is growing and we should have a "motley crew" by the time we meet.

I read a suggestion about meeting at Topsiders (outdoors) Deck 9 a half hour before the Mustering Drill. How does that sound to you? Looking for suggestions from the group here!

We had 40 degree weather and grilled steaks outdoors today! It was wonderful and tomorrow it's supposed to get cold and snow again. Gotta have fun while you can!

Rae

njfamily
02-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Hi! Another 2002 Halloween Cruiser here! Just wanted to wish you all a magical vacation. Wish we were going with you. We are skipping this year but have booked Halloween 2004.

For those thinking of going to Stingray City - My DD, 5 1/2 loved it, she even held a stingray. She loves the water and has been taking swimming lessons at the local YMCA since she turned 3. MY DS who was 3 1/2 is scared of the water. He refuses to take swimming lessons. We did take him on the excursion and he did touch a stingray, but he was so frightened of being in the water, that after he touched one stingray we took him out of the water and he watched the activity going on from the safety of the boat. His Grandpa didn't go in the water either, so we had someone to stay with him on the boat.

rae519
02-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Hello NJfamily!

Glad to know you booked for next year's Halloween cruise! I am considering that time again for us since it's like Goldilocks and the porridge (not too hot/not too cold/ "just right")

I am going to conquer my "Jaws" feel and talk with Michael about the Stingrays. My 9/28 pals went and loved it - so with all this great positive stuff....well, I conquered tomato juice so.... HAHAHA!

Anyway, I appreciate your posting and hey, stick around - we can always use some tips/advise/information!!

Thanks!
Rae

njfamily
02-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Rae519 - My number one tip would be to plan your own Trick or Treat event with your DIS board friends. My kids had a blast running from floor to floor to T or T. The one put on by Disney was a big disappointment. Long, Long, Long lines. Did I mention the long lines? So long in fact that my son fell a sleep before he even got one piece of candy. After the second stop we ditched the whole thing, we had plenty of candy from our morning DIS event. I think the Disney event was held at 2 PM, right in the middle of naptime. Our DIS board T or T had about 20 kids participating and we went to about 17 rooms. Many nice DIS'ers who did not have children also participated by letting us T or T at their doors. Some people went to the extra trouble of packing goodie bags with treats from their local areas.

Also I agree with you about the weather. We don't like it too hot, but we want it hot enough to swim. Last year's weather was perfect.

JLSE50
02-02-2003, 05:05 PM
EMMA: I am a Fennec's Fox too.
Glad you had such a nice trip.

As far as Halloween costumes are considered, I would like to suggest that you discuss it here and see if you can put together some groups. Or did I say that already? :rolleyes: If some people are dwarfs they could go with a Snow White and have a better shot at a prize, regardless of ages. If someone is Sully, then maybe another family has a Mike and they can be a team. Dena's daughter had a Sully costume last year and she said she was HOT. But, RAE, she was fluffy.

It is 37 degrees here and overcast. It has been overcast all day. Any groundhog around here would not see his shadow so that means I get to have spring start tomorrow, right?

We spent Saturday morning and early afternoon looking at our calendars, discussing some trips, classes I may take, meetings Tom has to go to, etc. It was not until nearly noon that we learned about the shuttle disaster. We were looking something up on the internet and saw it posted on the MSN newspage that is our "homepage". What a sad thing, but it does make people more open about discussing their faith.

Have a great day,

JLSE50
02-02-2003, 05:42 PM
When I was writing my last post the previous one was from RAE. When I checked back now, there is one from LYNN in between.
LYNN: We must have been writing at the same time!!

The DIS Trick or Treat was fun for those of us with no kiddos!!
We got photos of cuties and had fun planning before the trip what to bring. The space that the treats took in our luggage was available for souvenirs on the way home.

rae519
02-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Oh, yeah! Sully - big and comfortable and FLUFFY!

Did I tell you that for a long time I was the Miami County Duck? Picture me in a duck suit - I called myself "Disco Duck". It was summer and I wore a t-shirt and shorts under the costume. Disco Duck left when the Chamber changed leadership - guess "disco" was never meant to be! (There's a joke there somewhere!)
I'll have to dig out a picture and attach it along with all the other pictures I've promised various people that I will get on the computer. Good excuse this time. Scanner light blew out!

I love the idea of getting the candy ahead of time and making arrangements with everyone to just go stateroom to stateroom.

If anyone else is interested, I'll use a private posting to get that info together.

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-03-2003, 07:26 AM
Today Im off school with my cold for company! I feel better having slept for 14 hours though.

I would absolutly hate the stingray thing but then I am scared of fish! Rory said it was brilliant last year though.

Helen is great! A total shopaholic and takes enough food to school everyday for a picnic!

Meeting before the drill sounds like a good idea (best one we've had so far!). Last year we arranged to meet on deck 10 at the sailaway party.

rocadonismom
02-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Wow! There are a ton of postings since I was here last. I don't normally have access to a computer on the weekends, maybe soon.

Emma - Your trip sounded wonderful. I've always loved seeing plays, had the chance to see a few on Broadway while I was still in school. Helen sounds like my friends and I when we used to go away to camp. I think we took more goodies than clothes. Of course, camp food is special in it's own right.

Rae - I had suggested to my parents that we use a car service (have seen that suggestion many times on the boards). If we get several people together, it'll make it inexpensive (actually cheaper than the Disney transfers). The prices I have from Happy Limo for a stretch limo are round trip from Orlando International (is that MCO?) to Port Canaveral $360.00 for up to 8 adults and 2 children. A van would be $195.00 round trip for up to 10 adults. Lots of time to think about it but, if you're interested we could meet up and share the vehicle.

I agree with the post about meeting by Topsiders, do we get to wear our fashionable vests? I'm sure they would look lovely with the lime green boas.

Also, I'd love to be included in the hander-outers of Halloween treats and candy.

Welcome to the others that are joining us on this cruise (Rochelle), I look forward to getting to know you as the months go by. As for those that were there before (Jan, njfamily, pixiedust), any advice is appreciated. My first cruise was actually over Halloween 1999 on the Wonder but, we didn't know about any of this then. What a loss!

rae519
02-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Carolyn1023 - LOVE the idea - either one would be great.
We are planning to stay at the Hyatt Airport that Friday night - are you plans similiar?

I know that this DIS Board has been a blessing for me - the wonderful friends, great advise and fun times I've had really are priceless. I wish I had known about it before my first two cruises!

It was 49 degrees here today but heavy fog! I couldn't believe the warm temps - tonight we are supposed to get snow but even with the fog - it was a delightfully wonderful day (my chiropractor came back from his vacation! AMEN)

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-03-2003, 05:10 PM
We are driving down from NC. Has the Raddison posted any good codes for our October trip? Does anyone know the best rate out there?

Thanks-
Tiff

laurenk
02-03-2003, 07:13 PM
Tiff- We got the Comfort Inn for $89 including parking, and shuttle to the ship. We picked there because it is right near the beach, and my kids want to hang out there the day before. Plus my hubby can relax after the lnog drive down. When I checked Raddison was $129.

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-04-2003, 08:51 AM
Oh yes! Stingray City was EXCELLENT!:bounce: I do have to say that in the beginning I was scared to go into the water, but by the end I did go in. I still have the tape (they film a special tape that you have the option to buy)

I think Lynn is right in the fact that you should plan your own Trick or Treat. That was excellent fun last year! It did last only a short while, so you might want to make it last longer in that you make it a game or something. Make the kids guess what room to go to next or something of that sort.

I also want to suggest that you choose something to wear that everyone would recognize. As the crusie gets closer talk to each other about what you're going to wear and what you look like. That's how I found Jan and Emma!

It was also fun to get to know each other because I had been going on about how my science project this year was to collect 25 bugs, kill, and pin them. Well as you can tell I wasn't too thrilled about that and I talked a lot about it on the boards. I also talked about how my father runs the Fall Festival at my church. Well I gave the website for my church and the day before the cruise I was shocked when my dad brought home two (or maybe three?) jars of BUGS! for me. I was shocked when he said someone named 'Jan' gave them to him. *Thanks a lot Jan!*

JAN - by the way, I got a 93 on it!

Emma - Are Oliver and James excited about Common Grounds this year. Maybe they'll have more fun then we did. (Although I still loved that halloween party.:rolleyes:

Rose_Greenthumb
02-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Rory-I don't think they are particularly looking forward to it! Maybe I shouldn't have told them how awkward I felt in there...

I definatly still say we should have gone dressed as wallflowers to that halloween party! I still can't believe we were the only ones who dressed up!

I think the main reason I recognized you was your name tag to be honest Rory! By the time I'd spent a week at WDW the only thing I could remember about what you'd be wearing was lots of eye make-up!

buzz&woody'smom
02-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Ok you all I need your help. Even though we 9 months away I have a need to at least determine what we will be doing for our excurisons. Any and all input (helpful) is appreciated:

Group so far is me, my MIL, my parents (Mom uses a wheel chair) and my sons who will be 2.5 & 5.5 when we sail.

1. Key West: Decided on the trolley. My whole group can do it. Would you all recommend us getting off the ship and getting our own tickets to the trolley. I think I will also take my MIL and sons to the shipwreck museum/aquarium. Is it cheaper to do it on your own or purchase thru DCL?

DCL excursion is $42/$22 and includes the trolley and admission to the aquarium and shick wreck historeum.

I found the trolley page and a trolley ticket is $20/$10 but I could not find out how much admission to the ship wreck histroreum and aquarium was.

2. Grand Cayman: Ok I have decided on the Grand Cayman Island Tour for my parents and probably my MIL and 2.5 DS that goes to Hell and the turtle farm via AC Bus. I am hoping they drive by the beach too.

But I want to do a beach/sting ray excursion with my 5.5 year old DS. I am so confused. I want something easy, smaller group, family friendly. I see that DCL sponsors the Rum Beach Adventure and Sing Ray City, 7 Mile Sail and Snorkel, and Stingray City Snorkel Tour. People on the Dis have also recommended Captain Bryans and Captain Mervyn's. I am so confused?????? Or shoule we just hit the 7 mile beach?

3. Cozumel-I have been to Cozumel enough that I think we will do Chakanab or Playa Sol on our own.

Any thoughts, experience or suggestions would be great!

Tiff

rae519
02-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Tiff -
Would love to hear your suggestions about Cozumel -

Shirley Nelson-Brown (Key West native and The Perfect Gift owner at the Cape) suggests the aquarium as has other Key West natives. That's about all I can offer there!

Rae

mdvasquez
02-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi to everyone!

Welcome to all of the new people. It has been a while since I have posted, our computer was in the shop for a few days getting upgraded. And the week before that we were on the Disney Wonder 3 day cruise. Which was wonderful!!!

My daughter was dressed as Sully last year and yes she was very fluffy and also VERY HOT!!!! And I agree with NJFamily, our own T or T was way better than what Disney offered!! So I would definitely be into doing it ourselves again.

Also, we did the stingray city in Cayman and LOVED IT!!!!! My daughter who was 11 did not:( She kept getting bombarded with waves (she could barely stand) and when I picked her up, a stingray mistook her knee for a fist of food and sucked on it. She was so upset and scared, she went and sat on the boat for the rest of the excursion. But I am definitely going to do it again this year.

NJfamily: we also booked for Halloween 2004. That is an Easter itinerary, which we have not done yet, so I am looking forward to that.

Well, thats all for now, hopefully I will be able to post more often than I have been.

Dena
:earsgirl:

JLSE50
02-05-2003, 11:17 PM
RAE: The Miami Duck??? Tell us more.

RORY: You are welcome for the bugs.

TIFF: Maybe you could start a new thread or two, specifically asking your travel questions and then let everyone know what you learn in case they miss it. Titles like "KEY WEST AQUARIUM--WHAT DID YOU THINK AND WHAT DOES IT COST"
and
"WHAT"S GOOD AT GRAND CAYMAN FOR A MOM AND 5 YEAR OLD?"
Stuff like that. I bet you will get some good input.

I had two children to see for physical therapy homevisits and was going to see a friend for coffee today. BUT I was running late and when I called her about coming for coffee, it was too close to an appointment she had with one of her students so we rescheduled and I headed home.
On the highway I started hearing a funny noise so pulled over to the left shoulder and discovered a FLAT tire--passenger's side rear. I called Tom who said he thought that our roadside assistance could get there faster than he, so I called them.
As I was giving the information the HOOSIER HELPER (roadside assistance truck) pulled up on the other side of the barrier going the other way on the highway. He knew what the problem was as he had seen me sitting there when he passed me on my side of the road. But he wanted to get behind me so he went on and got off at the next exit and then on again. That way his truck was a buffer for him working on the van. I told the dispatcher of our roadside assistance plan that he was coming so we hung up. Thank goodness for cell phones.
He was there a little while later, got the spare on and I was on my way. At Tom's suggestion I went straight to the tire dealer and got a new tire as the one that went flat was too damaged. They think I hit a nail and then in my attempt to get over and stop, damaged the side wall.

Hoping today was a good one for you,
jan

sallyo
02-06-2003, 12:01 AM
We will be on the Oct 25th sailing. There will be me, my DH(54 and much older than me), DS (14) and DS (11), my Mom and Dad, sister, brother in law and neice (18). Can't wait. This will be our 4th Disney cruise but first Western cruise. Sounds like a fun group going on this. Hope we can meet up!:) :jester:

rae519
02-06-2003, 05:55 AM
Welcome sallyo

I will put you on the list that I will place here Friday so we can all get to know eachother before the cruise!

Welcome aboard!
Rae

rae519
02-06-2003, 06:07 AM
IF you want your first names put on the list - please let me know.
Right now I only have user names and relationship identifies for people.

Please only put down what you are comfortable giving out. Privacy must and will be respected here.

So just let me know - I am going to ATTEMPT to have this information privately mailed to each of you then you can update your own records after this.

Okee dokee?

How many days left now? AGGGHHH!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-06-2003, 01:48 PM
How many days left now? AGGGHHH!

Too many!

Mind you, having said that it gives me some time to try and find some1 my age to talk to before I go.

rae519
02-06-2003, 02:39 PM
Emma, DAHLING! We are all YOUR age, just a few more added to that - that's all!!

Actually, your maturity age is no where near your chronological age. You can handle intelligent and stimulating conversation with any age group easily and comfortably.

Having said that, I understand what you mean, sometimes we old fogies are just not cool enough! I can remember THAT far back!

; )

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-06-2003, 04:39 PM
I never though of it that way before Rae! I just don't want to have to venture into common grounds on my own! I didn't like it much last year, I felt like I was being judged as soon as I stepped in the door.

We were all being attacked with snowballs yesterday lunch time. They were shouting at us and calling us goths because we're all in black. The funniest thing is, we wear a uniform so we're ALL wearing black!

rae519
02-06-2003, 06:38 PM
I wore a uniform when I went to Catholic school - green jumper with white blouse and brown/white oxford shoes with little white anklets.

I hated green but BLACK uniforms - wow! Perpetual mourning.

When I was a teen, I probably would NEVER have gone into a teen club if my life depended on it. Always felt older than my peers and had different interests, points of view and a more serious attitude toward things. That's why I enjoy "goofing" around now - my "second childhood"!!!!!

Rae

mdvasquez
02-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Welcome Sallyo:D

RAE: I went to Christian School from 9-12 grade. We have to wear uniforms too. A dark blue skirt and white blouse. As much as I hated it, it made it sooo easy to dress in the AM.:) Aso, you can put our first names on the list me- Dena, DH- Michael, DS(16) Alex, DS(12) Brendan, DD(11) Ashley. We have the second seating, and will be in cabins 6055 and 6053.

EMMA: You are around the same age as my son, so you can hang out with him;)

I have to go and make sure my daughter has her homework done and is ready for bed.

dzneprincess
02-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Are we there yet??????????????

Rose_Greenthumb
02-07-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by mdvasquez
EMMA: You are around the same age as my son, so you can hang out with him;)

I hope you're not getting any ideas!

It's so much more fun to act like a 5 year old most of the time. Our drama lessons tend to consist of us all doing really bizzare plays and scaring any visitors we might have! I'm still trying to convince ppl into letting us do a play about a load of fruit (walking, talking fruit) that goes on a picnic but it turns out they're the food!

Common grounds wasn't much fun last year. I was the only english person there. They had baseball (I think) on the TV and everyone was talking about that. Being a Brit I don't understand it in the slightest (I thought it was rounders to start with!) so I was rather isolated! Everyone wearing glasses were introduced to each other and everyone with perfect hair and well glossed lips were introduced to each other on the other side of the room!

Todays quote (and you thought you'd got away with it!)
"I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. I choose a mortal life."

rocadonismom
02-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Thank God it is FINALLY Friday!!! (not that this really matters because I have two jobs and work seven days a week). But, it is Friday anyway.
PLUS, it's snowing. I absolutely love snow. I don't even mind shoveling and all the work that goes along with it. The only thing I hate is that the guys who work for us always call off when it snows, leaving me to call all of the customers and explain why we aren't coming.

EMMA- I think I agree with you. I never liked to hang out with people my own age because being the oldest I had lots of responsibilities and never felt like I fit in. That being said, I look pretty young and could probably pass for a teenager (an uncool, misfit of a teenager but, a teen none the less). We can crash the club.

Rae- Our info is okay to be posted. My name is Carolyn, husband Angelo. Stateroom 7035 (steerage but, on a higher deck:rolleyes: ) Parents are Ralph and Sherry, stateroom 7034(?) I'm not sure what seating we have but, it will probably be late. Anyone want my lobster?

Dena- Count me in for the stingray excursion. I just need to pick which one - the stingrays are listed in like four excursions. Any input on what other attractions should not be missed?

Rose_Greenthumb
02-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Carolyn1023
EMMA- I think I agree with you. I never liked to hang out with people my own age because being the oldest I had lots of responsibilities and never felt like I fit in. That being said, I look pretty young and could probably pass for a teenager (an uncool, misfit of a teenager but, a teen none the less). We can crash the club.

OK! Hehe!

I'm not sure what staterooms we're in. I will ask my mum when she gets home.

rae519
02-07-2003, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone!

I am getting all the info together and thought I'd get the list finished today (with all the new info) but I got a bit "crazy" (Okay, crazier than usual) and did some closet cleaning(for Church rummage sale) and being out of shape, I did something stupid (Lord knows what!) and well, I'm on my way to my chiropractor now.

After my October surgery (breast reduction - hope that wasn't toooooo much information for you all!) - anyway, I had to take it easy and well, now I'm trying to do what I used to do before and the mind is willing but the body is NUMB!

I will learn. Someday I will learn.

Getting more and more excited about the October cruise - if that's possible.

Rae

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Emma - I remember that! We started to hang around and talk (You, me, and Jess) there might have been someone else. Anyway and than this girl comes up to us and introduces us to her brother (who wears glasses. I think his name was Josh) and all the 'pop' people as my school calls the popular people get together on the other side. I remember it was one of the World Series baseball games. Well, yeah...

On my first cruise I went to common grounds for the 411. Just like you Emma as soon as I walked in I felt like I was being judged. Almost as if everyone was saying "What's she wearing?" or "Like I want to hang out with her. yeah right" I hated that time. What's worse is we have a Valentines Day dance coming up. Now this will be fun:rolleyes: . Um yeah we have a dress code for the dance that says skirts, shorts, and dresses all have to be fingertip length and you cannot have bare shoulders or backs. Now that it idiotic. Not the skirt thing or the back thing, but why not the shoulders? Err! Oh and they didn't say no middrifts.

I go to a Catholic School. This is my last year. Anyway we wear green polo shirts and red plaid skirts. The boys wear tan pants. Our PE outfit is a red t-shirt and blue jersey shorts. They are so annoying.

Rose_Greenthumb
02-08-2003, 12:24 PM
And that Halloween party! Could we have been more wrongly dressed?! We got there and were the only one's in costume, needless to say we did not stay long!

I'm sure it won't matter too much what you wear to your dance Rory, everyone will still dance the same! Is your crush going?

Rose_Greenthumb
02-08-2003, 12:26 PM
I still don't know what our cabin numbers are but I do know that we are on late seating.

JLSE50
02-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Carolyn:it's snowing. I absolutely love snow. I don't even mind shoveling and all the work that goes along with it. The only thing I hate is that the guys who work for us always call off when it snows, leaving me to call all of the customers and explain why we aren't coming.
What is your business?

RAE: Hoping you feel better soon.

EMMA: Crashing Common Grounds with Carolyn sounds like fun. Maybe more adults should do that so that the "pop" kids get the idea of what is really important in life.

Have a super day all,

Asheryl
02-08-2003, 04:18 PM
HI ALL

Our family will be on the Magic 2003 Halloween cruise. We are Sheryl age 59, DH age 59, 2 daughters ages 17 and 18, 3 sons ages 20, 20 and 17. (ages at the time of the cruise.)
We are from Oregon and this is our 6th cruise with Disney. I am looking forward to meeting fellow cruisers !

Sheryl

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-08-2003, 05:27 PM
Hope you and your family have a great time Sheryl! My name's Rory and I was on last years. I'm hear to give people advice and chat with last year's gang.

Emma - Yes, 'Jim' is going. I have to sit next to him in new classes now. (notice the sarcasm) The only problem is that at dances no one actually dances. Sort of like the ones at Common Grounds. The only thing anyone dances to are slow songs and it's a whole traditional thing where the boy has to ask the girl and even slow dancing isn't dancing. all it is is the guy put both arms around the girl's waist (or on it) and the girl puts her hands around the guy's neck (or on his shoulders) and together they move back and forth without saying a word. It is really boring.

When at common grounds if an adult pops their head in the teens arw instructed to say 'heads up' so the counselors don't suddenly curse or anything. I agree that you guys should crash it.

JLSE50
02-08-2003, 09:26 PM
YAH RORY!! We will tell them how to have fun but we don't have to do it!

Welcome Sheryl. Have a great time. We have been on three Disney Cruises, including the Halloween cruise in 2002. We had great time on all of them.

rae519
02-09-2003, 06:47 AM
Asheryl - Welcome! I will post your name and info on our list shortly. What a blessing to have all your children with you - even if they are adult children! I wish I could talk my oldest son in coming with us (23).

Jan - I heard there was a 60 car pileup in Michigan due to the blowing snow -we just got flurries.

RE: Me and snorkeling. Michael was at Mom's and was watching JAWS yesterday. I was flipping through the TV and saw it on.
DA DA DA DADADADAA. Okay, I'm staying in the boat.

Back is much better, thanks!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-09-2003, 08:37 AM
I went snorkling at Castaway Cay-big mistake! Im scared of fish and when I got about half way out my mask started filling with water so I had to stop and fix it. All these fish just started surrounding me and I freaked!

Welcome Sheryl, glad you'll be joining us

rae519
02-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Stay in the boat, Rose Greenthumb! Stay in the boat!

Or better yet, ON SHORE with the rest of us landlubbers!

Rae

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-09-2003, 06:41 PM
I went snorkeling too! Don't you hate how the mouth piece will fill with water if you go too deep. BLEH! Sea Water. The banana boat ride was fun, but you can't really enjoy it cus you can't see anything. The water gets in your eyes so you shut them. It is fun when someone falls off. :p :cool:

"Ginger"
02-09-2003, 08:23 PM
:bounce: Hi All:wave: Emma going again this year? That's great. I sure wish we were going too but to much going on here at home to cruise this year. If you all need tee shirts for your cruise I could give Ray a shout for you, just let me know.

Mdvasquez already booked for 2004 WOW!!!! Your way ahead of all of us. DH and I were looking into next years (2004) Magical Halloween cruise too. DH said book it. I'll be doing just that in a few weeks. So I guess we can start a thread for 2004. We'll be heading to Anguilla from St. Maarten, we love it there.

Again, sure wish we could come along. In the mean time I'll be lurking. You all are going have a Spookticular time. Don't forget your costumes.

rae519
02-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Hi "Ginger" -
I think tee shirts would be great to identify our group, can you give us an idea of the cost so the group can decide?

You liked St. Maarten - that's the other side of the island from where we dock, correct? Since I've only seen the docking side, I really wasn't impressed. Can you give me/our group some ideas of whats beyond the hills?!

Thanks!

Don't just lurk - join in!!!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Yeah the bannana boat was fun but we didn't get anyone falling off. My mum fell into the middle of the boat though!

I was fine snorkling in Grand Cayman *** the fish stayed a fair distance away from me but I'm not sure I'll be snorkling at Castaway Cay again!

My mum and I are trying to talk my dad into us going on the one in 2004 too but since I want to go to China that year with choir it might not be possible.

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-10-2003, 04:11 PM
A guy also fell into the middle on our boat. Jess fell halfway off and some other person fell totally off.

We went on the island tour and stingray city on Grand Cayman. Those were fun, but I was afraid of all the stingrays.

WOW! China? Now that's cool. The farthest we have ever gone for choir is the Bobcarr which is about thirty minutes away. Mom and Dad might go on a cruise with friends this fall, but I can't go cus our school has a limit on how many days we can miss, and I'm already planning to miss a lot so I have to wait until spring break like next year.

Emma - I decided to wear a tank top with a red sweater over it with my black sparkly pants. Should be fun. Oooh! I lost 15 pounds!

rae519
02-10-2003, 04:13 PM
If you are looking for the 15 pounds you lost, don't fret - I found them!!!
And you can have them back GLADLY with interest!

Rae

"Ginger"
02-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Rae St. Maarten is the dutch side which is where the ship docks. The other side is St. Martin the French side. We loved Anguilla not St. Maarten. We did have to travel to St. Martin's to get the ferry to Anguilla. St. Martin was a brief taxi ride maybe 15 minutes. Then a 20 minute ferry ride to get to Anguilla, the beaches there are beautiful and well worth the trip. Send me your email address, I'll have Ray contact you about the shirts.

Jan are you going on the 2003 Halloween also.

We are booked to go on the Magic for Halloween 2004, I hope to see some of our past cruising freind aboard.

rae519
02-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Hi "Ginger" !

I pm'd you the information.

I will have to check Anguilla in May. The poverty of island just overwhelmed me after the posh luxuries of the ship.

I have been trying to get Jan to come with us - I'll have to work on her some more! We have a meeting set up the end of April and I am so excited about it! Nice to have met a DIS friend and have her within driving distance!!

We will probably go next Halloween - it's a good time of year for us also.

Thanks!
Rae

mdvasquez
02-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Hey everyone.

I just spent 10 minutes responding and when I went to submit reply it told me I wasnt logged on and erased my whole thing:mad:

Anyway..........

WELCOME ASHERYL! Are you the family that is staying in the Roy O suite?

Hi Ginger: sorry to hear you wont be cruising with us this year. We did not get the SPR for this curise, but we did get the two ajoining ones for 2004. Will you still be coming to FL for MNNSHP? I would love to get the shirts from Ray again, if you dont mind getting in touch with him for us.;)

Rory: Congrats on the 15 pounds!:p I could stand to lose a few. My problem is that I cruise too much and keet gaining.:p

We now have 6 more family members joining us on our cruise. They are the ones that cruised this past halloween with us. That brings our total up to 24 or something.

"Ginger"
02-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Dena and Rae I have passed your info. on to Ray.

Dena you may want to check with Disney, I think if you book 8 or more staterooms the person in charge gets to go for free. Not sure about MNSSHP Ashley's school was not very happy with us taking her out of school for 10 days, so far the only time she has missed. I hate our school system here. If you take your kid out for a family vacation when you come home they're ready to put you in jail, but they'll close their doors if a flake of snow falls. So MNSSHP party is up in the air for us for now.

Jan my home improvements are to begin April 1st. Can you beleive that???? I can't. I sure hope it's not an April's fool joke. It seems like I've been waiting for years to get this project underway.

Rory, I found your 15 lbs and then some. I'm happy for you, losing weight is hard work. Just don't go overboard(no pun intended) with it.

Asheryl
02-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi there Dena
No, we aren't the family staying in the Roy Suite. But we are the family staying in the Walt Disney Suite. I haven't told the kids yet. I am trying to keep it a suprise until we board. In fact I haven't told my hubby yet either. I feel sorta guilty about that one. I told the kids we had a room where we all can be together. The other cruises we always got ajoining cabins. So now they are fretting that it will be too crowded in just one cabin. Sure hope I can keep the secret.
If anyone would like to check out the Walt Suite you are more than welcome to come look around.

Sheryl

rae519
02-11-2003, 07:36 AM
Asheryl - thank you for the invitation to see the suite. If you could let us know what day and time we won't just "drop in" at an inconvenient moment. This is sooooo neat!! I am reading the book on Walt Disney right now and wow, I didn't know what I didn't know!!!! He was amazing in many ways.

Just got the note from Ray about the t-shirts for our special cruise.

I hesitate to give him a go ahead without knowing what the thoughts of this group are. In my opinion, they sound great!!

Okay, if enough people want them Ray can make a design up - put it on his website and we can buy the shirts directly from him.

Let me know your thoughts on this!

Thanks!
Rae

rocadonismom
02-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Rae - My parents own a security company. We install alarm systems, surround sound, locks, all that good stuff. I really like working here - especially when I get to go out on the road and do the technical work. I just greatly dislike two of the guys that work here because they are LAZY.

The t-shirts sound great. Do you have any more information on them.. embroidered or printed, design, price?

Emma - How did you get into a choir that does such fun things? Is it just the regualr choir or an honor thing. I think we got to travel to elementary schools, all within a fifteen mile radius. I have been to Russia though, that was amazing.

Asheryl, Wow, what a secret to keep. Good luck with that, just keep all materials that show the different levels of staterooms out of reach. I would also like to see the suite - just out of curiosity. Please let us know a good day/time though! I can extend the invitation if anyone wants to experience steerage!

Dena - Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun. I'm trying to convince my aunt to go. She just went to Disney for the first time last year (took almost 40 years to get her there). I'll keep trying.

Rose_Greenthumb
02-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Rory-Really, don't go overboard with the whole weight loss thing! My friend is turning anorexic I swear, the stupid thing is her sister nearly died because she was bulimic so you think she'd learn!

We're just a regular school choir. We're not even auditioned, just anyone that wants to sing can come join. I guess we just have a great conductor! We're entering the music for youth competition this year so fingers crossed we do well in that.

The funniest thing happened in French today! Rob fancies Kathryn which we all know about and in french we were doing how to ask some1 to the cinema or something and Miss said "right Rob, ask Kathryn out!" We all just fell about laughing!

rocadonismom
02-11-2003, 01:05 PM
So - did he ask her?

Rose_Greenthumb
02-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah but it was just what she was asking everyone to do in our class.

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Emma - Don't worry. I won't go overboard. Believe me, my weight is really the last thing I want to worry about. I'm a chocoholic. But my family's doing Atkins so I'm stuck on it too. I am happy though. I also have friends who are constantly worried about their weight. One of them has a sister who is twelve and she weighs 76 pounds. Although the thing with her is that she had an eating disorder when she was a baby so it still sort of affects her. When we all say we lost weight she's the one saying she gained. (And she's happy about it) Good for her.

Omigod! That is so funny Emma!:jester: Today was our principal's birthday and during the student news they had a tribute to her. So after they say everything she goes and gives a speech:o and when she's finally done she starts to leave. In the script it had one of the guys saying 'happy birthday sister dorothy' as a closure, but he was saying it to the audience and suddenly you hear in the backround my principal going 'thank you' It was hysterical. I guess you'd sort of have to be there.

Tomorrow I'm going to a funeral for a former teacher. She had breast cancer and died a week ago. :( Tomorrow school closes early in memorial.

buzz&woody'smom
02-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the dress for the night in Cozumel "tropical". Tell me what this means exactly. I am assuming Hawaiian/Tropical shirts and dress/skirts but what about shorts for the men?

Also how dressy is semi-formal and formal I know for men a nice suit and tie is appropriate but what about for women and young boys (2 & 5). I was thinking of having "Mickey" vests made for the boys for formal night?????

Thanks!
Tiff

rae519
02-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Mexicalifragilistic for Cozumel, Mexico. Sort of tropical with a Mexican theme!

I love the idea of the Mickey vests, Tiff! Seems we have another seamstress in our midst! My Mom is starting to plan our costumes - Lord only knows what she is going to have us in!!!!

Due to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight with 30 mph winds - boy, I just love winter........well, I used to!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Oh, I can not sew a lick but have a lady in town that made my valances for me that is great! I saw the fabric and am thinking is I find the right fabric having a shirt made for my Dad for Fathers Day that matches the boys :)

I was in Myrtle Beach over the weekend and took my Mom shopping and we found her some cute cruise clothes. One outfit is a long vest like sleeveless shirt with capri pants in a tropical theme. It looked adorable and will be perfect for Cozumel night. I have not seen my Mom this excited in a long time (since her stroke 2 years ago) this has really given her something to look forward to. She did not even get this excited for our 4 day Wonder last October. I think now she knows it will be ok and wheel chair accessible.

Rae, sorry about the snow. Here is eastern NC we only get a few inches if that a year. My boys would be so excited to get snow. I was just complaining about the cold here (50 degress during the day) and have no right to do so with the weather you are enduring.

I am ready for spring, flowers, green grass and then in July I will be complaining about the heat index of 102 :)

rae519
02-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Glad your Mom is getting excited. My Mom was so very hesitant about the first cruise (it was also her first airplane ride) - but once she got over the airplane jitters, the cruise was heaven to her!
She is really looking forward to our May and October cruises. I am glad because she deserves this in her life. I just hope that when I'm her age (74) I can be as active, healthy and wise!

I think that's great about your seamstress. I can sew but lack the finesse to deal with the finishing touches.

My best friend from college lives in Granite Falls, NC - she's an ER nurse. Loved it there and always tells me I should move down - people are "fun and friendly" and the area is mountains and beaches! (She's the one who tried to get me and her brother together before I married Tom.)

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-12-2003, 02:10 PM
I think Rob was a bit disappointed today *** he went out with the french assistant teacher during the first half of the lesson and Kathryn went out in the second half.

That does sound funny Rory, I'd have been laughing my head off especially if I'd caught one of my friend's eyes!

Our English teacher was in the classroom when we arrived today and we all got really excited and thought he'd come back. Basically he just came in to say goodbye to us all. He doesn't know if he's coming back or not and wanted to say goodbye to his favourite class. Becky and him never really got along but she shouted out "You can't go sir, we need you" and then we all started clapping. Bless him, he had to leave the classroom so he didn't cry infront of us!

We were all gutted because although we didn't like him when he was there, he's the best english teacher we've ever had. When he'd gone our supply teacher let us write letters to say thank you and stuff. I really hope he comes back.

JLSE50
02-12-2003, 09:36 PM
GINGER: Wish we were going, but with college loans on two kids still to pay--it'll take a miracle.
Keep us posted on the home improvements!! Any chance of photos as you go along?

RORY: I am not surprised that a girl who had feeding problems as a baby would continue to have trouble getting food down her throat as a teenager. I have been wondering for a long time if kids who are anorexic or bulemic might have had breathing tubes in their throats when they were tiny babies and if that left them with a gag reflex that is hyper or a fear of things in their throats that started when they were so little that they cannot put it into words. But maybe food in their throats makes them feel like they cannot breathe or something.

TIFF: For tropical night I wore a swim suit wrap as a skirt with a knit tank top, a hair lei I found in the party store and the lei they give out at dinner. Teva sandles and I was all set. Tom has an "island" shirt we bought in Nassau one cruise that he wore with shorts and Teva sandles. Easy to pack and comfy to wear.
For Semiformal I wore a knee length black lace dress with a self slip that packs well and black sandles. For Formal night I had a long black skirt, same sandles and a white lace blouse. You will see people who look dressed for a picnic and people dressed for the Prom and everything in between. I opted more for what I might wear to church or a wedding as it packs better than a prom dress, but some ladies went to the second hand stores and bought prom dresses. I kid you not.
Basically--it is whatever pleases you.
The Mickey vests sound SUPER!

EMMA: What does it mean that Rob went "out" with the assistant teacher?
What happened to the old English teacher that he had to leave?

Have a great day all,
THANKS FOR LETTING ME LURK AND CONTRIBUTE :Pinkbounc

Rose_Greenthumb
02-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Rob went to have a 20 minute lesson with the french assistant and 5 other pupils.

Nobody knows what's happened to make half the english department disappear. We all have our theories though.

I got a valentine's card today!!! OK so it was from my friend but nobody needs to know that little detail!

JLSE50
02-13-2003, 12:14 PM
:Pinkbounc Happy Valentine's Day all!!:Pinkbounc

buzz&woody'smom
02-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the info about Tropicali night....so I assume shorts are ok for dinnner that night for all ages?

JLSE50
02-13-2003, 11:00 PM
TIFF: I suspect that shorts would be fine for anyone, especially if it looks like the person is trying to dress in a tropical manner. But no one hassles you about your clothing anyway.

(Some people make a big deal about not wanting to dress up for Formal night, Semi formal night or even to wear slacks for me and nice outfit for women to the other dinners. They want to wear shorts and t-shirts all week and think that they should be able to eat in their rotation restaurants if they want to. Other people think that if they cannot abide by the clothing guidelines they should choose to eat at Topsiders each night as it is a nice dinner and more casual environment. Some HOT :mad: discussions have been held here on the DIS about it.)

Basically--have a nice time and remember you will wear half of what you think you will need. Part of most days will be spent in swim suits. Shorts and shirt worn part of a day may be OK to wear again another half day especially in October as it is not hot enough weather to make people sweaty.

Have a great time,

buzz&woody'smom
02-14-2003, 08:31 AM
I was only thinking shorts for Tropicali night with my Dad's "Tropical" shirt I am giving him and my young boys matching Tropical ****rts and shorts.

All other nights will be suits for my Dad or button down (or Polo shirts) and khacki's and my son boys appropriately.

Happy V-Day to all !

Tiff

TinkHappy
02-14-2003, 09:54 AM
Just butting in...I just want to say that I am sooooooooooo Jealous. We cruised Halloween 2001 Eastern and had such a blast!! You are going to have so much fun. Wish I was going with you. This year with schedules (DH work) we are going in Nov. Have fun!!:sunny:

buzz&woody'smom
02-14-2003, 10:12 AM
I looked at my last post and you can tell my 20 month was helping me type instead of typing shirts I have ****rts...........did you all think I was speaking in code (lol).

rae519
02-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Ginger -
Hi! Just found out you were from north of Baltimore. My friend "Jack" Frost was born there and lives in Lusby. Known him 23 years and we are still friends - he definitely deserves a medal!

See you soon!
Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-14-2003, 11:40 AM
I am just not supposed to have a good Valentine's day ever! I just tried to get into town but the bus didn't stop where I wanted to get off (even though it usually does) and I ended up in Westbank (about a mile away I guess from where I wanted to be). I had to ring my dad and get him to give me directions back to town. I then had to walk in the freezing cold and then just get the bus home!

Happy Valentines day to everyone else though!

"Ginger"
02-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Hi TinkHappy we can't make it this year either but we are booked to go next year. The Magic will be going Eastern Carb. next year, can't wait to go to Anguilla again. Maybe you'll be able to do the Halloweeen Cruise next year with us. BTW sailing date is Oct 30,2004.

Rae I am not sure where Lusby is. I'll have to look it up. We are in Harford County area not to far from the PA line.

Tiff don't worry spelling done't count. LOL

About what to wear...don't worry wear what you are comfortable in. We have cruised 5 times and have seen alot of different outfitted in the dining rooms from evening gowns with matching long gloves to bikini tops with shorts. It's your vacation, you paid for it, so enjoy. I agree with Jan, you'll only wear half of what you pack. I have learned to pack what I think I'll wear then I take half of it out before we leave home. I do pack quarters, soap powder tablets, dryer sheet and a clean trash bag incase we have to do laundry, they're lighter to carry and take up less room they extra clothes.

BTW all you new cruiser the food served at Topsiders is excellent.

buzz&woody'smom
02-14-2003, 02:06 PM
I did learn that lesson on our 1st cruise a 4 day Wonder in October. I packed WAY to much..........we did not wear half of it. For the 7 day I know to take 70% less. Two $10 roll of quarters, detergent tabs and dryer sheets, stain stick for me not the baby :) and of course at least 2 swimsuits a piece and most importantly OUR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

"Ginger"
02-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Sorry I haven't read every post on this thread but will the DISERS aboard have their own Trick or Treat parade this year? If so don't forget to pack your goodies too.

rae519
02-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Ginger - Lusby is down by Lexington Park - about 1 1/2 hr. south of DC. Near Calvin Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant. Nice area but now very much TOURIST TOWN. Definitely want to pack those goodies for the T & T! Can't wait for the fun to begin!

Emma - Don't feel bad too bad about a washout for Valentine's Day. We were due to have freezing rain today, I ended up with Michael home sick, a furnace that wasn't working properly, and got a cheeseburger pizza for my "Valentine" dinner. Wasn't a total washout - I had sauteed chicken liver for lunch! But at least I didn't have walk in the cold - hope you dressed warmly!

Tiff - On the 9/28 cruise, I packed way too early and when I started to unpack I had 8 pairs of shoes/sneakers/sandels/flip flops. Who needs EIGHT pairs of shoes?! I have learned my lesson.

Rae

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Happy Valentines Day! I decided not to go to the dance cus none of my friends are going. That's okay cus tomorrow my best friend is having a birthday party with the theme of scare your pants off. *Fright Fest!*

Emma I will never have a good Valentines Day until I'm good and married. Ergh. OKay in second grade I went to a friends house for Valentines and let's just say that person is not a friend anymore. OKay and in third grade I accidently wrote love instead of from only on my crush's valentine. In fourth grade I wrote secret admirer notes to my crush, and he never found out who it was. He didn't even care. So in fifth and sixth grade it was just dull. Last year I sat there the entire time praying "Jim" might give me something and today I watched him give a rose to his fifth girlfriend in the past month. Of course today in Music our teacher made all the class split up into twos (One boy and one girl) and had the boy sing MY FUNNY VALENTINE to the girl. And of course I get this guy who I really really don't like. Ergh. Okay 356 days more to hope for a good valentines day. Maybe if I pray every day for an hour....

rae519
02-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Rory - when the right one comes along - you will have a 365 days a year of Happy Valentines and not just one day! AND it will happen!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Oh and last year I thought it would be fun to go out and with my friend whilst she walked her dog. Well, my friend had to go and put something in the bin on the other side of the road so she gave me the lead without telling me how it worked (one of those extending ones). The dog tried to run after her and ran out in front of a lorry! Thank god the dog didn't get hit and all was OK but my friend isn't too keen on me anymore!

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-15-2003, 09:58 AM
Okay Emma, I think you and I just have loads of bad luck.

Thanks Rae for the guidence.

rae519
02-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Rory - when you get to be my age you will have LOTS of advise for younger women also. It's all the same advise my mother gave me and I didn't listen to!!!!! Now I've turned into her!

Smiles!
Rae

rae519
02-15-2003, 12:50 PM
http://www.lightstar1.com/disney/halloween_cruisers.htm

Let me know if this comes through and if the information is correct. I can add/delete as you request.

I would like to know if there is an interest in buying the Halloween shirts from Ray.

Also, if anyone would like to meet up for Brunch at Palo during one of the "at sea" days, please let me know so I can keep a list of those interested.

Again, this is YOUR list and anything you want added/deleted or changed will be respected.

Rae

quackattack
02-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Rae: Thanks for the Halloween cruisers list. This will really help me keep everyone organized in my head when I read the posts.

I also have to say that I agree about everyday being Valentine's Day with the right guy.

A word of caution to Emma & Rory. My husband and I were really good friends when we were in high school. We did not have our first date until we had been out of college one or two years. The right guy may be sitting next to you in class right now and you may not know it for a few more years.

Rochelle

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Rochelle that is hysterical because my crush sits right next to me in lit class

rae519
02-17-2003, 06:57 AM
Rochelle - I went looking for my "first love" just to see how he'd fared over the years, etc. His parents were my parents best friends and we grew up together, had our Junior High romance then we moved away from the area.

After years of listing to old songs, I got up the nerve to go find him. From a sweet innocent quiet boy, he turned into a rowdy obnoxious drunk - nothing makes for better material for my playwriting than a dose of reality. DH and I went to his reunion and his "first crush" also turned out to be very different than what he remembered, expected or could accept. Strange how things work out. But ohhh, so much better for playwriting!

I'm working on "Wedding Bell Blues" right now - taking a lot of my material from my own situation with oldest DS and his fiance. Haven't gotten to the end yet, but their date is in 2005 and that gives me plenty of time to pray for a miracle.

Rae

mdvasquez
02-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Hello again everyone:p
It seems like I only have time to get on here once or twice a week now:( Where does my time go. We had a crazy weekend :p Since it was a four day weekend, we decided to spend a day or two out at disney. So I made ressies for OKW on Friday night. We went to EPCOT and Magic Kingdom on Friday and to MGM on Saturday.:D :D :D What beautiful weather we had!! Then yesterday we went to see the Lord of the Dance. OH MY GOD......WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!! I absolutely loved it. I have had the music cd and a live video performance for a few years, and we saw the "mini" version of it when they were in EPCOT a few years ago, BUT, there is nothing like seeing the full show live.

So, needless to say, I am exhausted today and I am still in my pjs just hanging out, cleaning and doing laundry.:o

We also found out on Friday that my youngest sister, who is pregnant, due in July is having a girl.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

RAE: Thanks for the list. It looks great. We had one last year and it came in handy.;) Also, we will probably get the shirts from Ray, We had them last year and loved them. As far as palos for brunch, I don't think we will do that, because of all the family we will be with.

Everyone have a wonderful blessed day.

rae519
02-17-2003, 11:21 AM
Dena - if you want another getaway, I am sure that you could come up north and help shovel snow! Naw...I don't think anyone could ever be that desperate.
Next time I move it's going to be FAR AWAY from snow!

Rae

KaitlinsMom
02-17-2003, 12:22 PM
So Rae - Are you disappointed now that you looked up your old sweetheart? - Meaning - Before you had great memories and a warm fuzzie feeling when you looked back and now all you think about is a drunk -

Would you recommend this for others, or do you wish you still had a nice, warm memory?

Just curious -

Karen

rae519
02-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Remember the Moody Blues song that goes, "I wonder where you are and wonder if you think about me....in your wildest dream".

I should have left him as a warm fuzzy memory and not have the lasting image of a foul mouthed, crude and very sloppy drunk. He certainly wasn't anything of the friend I remembered.

My recommendation for others?! Well, I had taken my parent's advise to look him up since I have no siblings or any childhood friends around and wanted to have some memories. I'm glad that neither he nor I had any leftover "romantic" notion or feelings because it would have been worse. I think my parents were more shocked than I was when I told them about our meeting. Fortunately, I had alternative plans and made the best of the situation by "gracefully" backing out FAST!

I am using the scenario in part of my "Class Reunion" play though. It's one of those things that I can laugh about now!

IF you or anyone else ever thinks about this, my advise is RUN and RUN REALLY FAST in the opposite direction!
(Unless you need some good material for your writing!!!!)

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Well Im not old enough to go and find any childhood sweethearts really (there's that and I don't have any) so I'll just have to make up the plots for my stories.

rae519
02-18-2003, 05:55 AM
Just remember Emma that for every story you have there is another person out there who will tell the opposite side!

A friend once told me that there are three stories to each occassion - your story, the other person's story and the truth!!!
Although my stories are based in fact, I take liberties with my characters, situations and sometimes get just a little bit of "revenge" hidden in there!!! But the "sweetheart" to "souse" is definitely Fact being stranger than fiction!

Rae

rocadonismom
02-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Rae,
Thanks for taking the time to make the list. It looks good and it will be nice to have a "guidesheet" for when I read messages. One change though, my husband is Angelo (guy not girl :rolleyes: ) But, only change it it it's an easy thing to do because it's not a big deal!

I am interested in the brunch and the t-shirts. Please let me know when you have more info.

Going back out to shovel...we got 27 inches yesterday. Yeah!!

rae519
02-18-2003, 11:15 AM
One of the happiest days of my life -
TODAY!

I received an e-mail from the daughter of the woman who received Kayla's lungs today. She found my website during a search for organ donations. I had always wanted to have this kind of contract with her family and was very glad that I put enough information on my site that aided her in locating me.

Mariko, the recipient, is alive and well! Thank God! She and her family were the ONLY recipients who ever send me letters thanking me (as if that was necessary!) for the donation, etc.
Mariko is of Japanese heritage and made me a beautiful origami in the Thousand Crane design. It was and is a cherished possession.

I want to take the opportunity AGAIN to tell anyone who reads this to please consider donation. I may not have my daughter with me tomorrow to celebrate her 16th birthday but I have a family who is celebrating nearly 9 years of life because of her!

There is nothing that can compare to the feeling I have now inside!

May all of you have the best day of your lives!

Rae

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Rae: May today be the happiest of all days and I'm sure Kayla will be with you tomorrow, even if you can't see her. She is with you everyday.

I left my 'childhood' (kindergarten) sweetheart when I went to second grade. A year after that he moved to Alaska. A story that my friends always get a laugh out of.

rae519
02-19-2003, 05:54 AM
Rory - you "love 'em and leave 'em gal"!!! - I really got a kick out of that story!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Hi All-

Have been down and out with the flu and making preparations for major surgery in April. All thanks to wonderful splenic aneurysm. Without a spleen a germ can look at me and I get sick :)

I have also been scrambling to reschedule my sons 5th birthday party from a outdoor place to somewhere indoors. They are calling for heavy Thunderstorms here in NC on Saturday. Of course my DH was so helpful by commenting I was the dummy who scheduled a outdoor party for February but in my defense here in NC you never know. One day it is 60 and the next 30?I could not imagine having 15 5 year olds in my house...........yikes!

Rae-
I am so glad to hear that the organ recipient contacted you. What you did was brave a noble and I bet that message was like a sign from the Heavens.

On the list add my parent, Gary & Charlene. They are in cabin 2104 and my MIL, myself and 2 DS's have connecting 2102.

Hope all of you in the snow get some sun and it warms up for you!

Tiff

rae519
02-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Tiff - Wish there was something other than good wishes and prayer I can offer you. Hey, you need that for both the surgery and the birthday party. I'm copping out and having it for Michael in May at the local pizza place - they have games and the best part, THE CLEAN UP!
You are a brave woman!

Glad to add your parents to the list - will put them on shortly. The more the merrier!

I can't believe the ups and downs with temperatures this year - blame El Nino or La Nina or Mother Nature, but something is sure messed up with our weather. Just hope you don't get snow instead of the rain Saturday!!!

Do you think I could do that "pink poodle" look with my new perm? I am thinking "fluffy and comfortable" still!!!!!

Having a great day here - hope the same for all of you!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh no I am not having all of those children at my house. The party has been moved to Geoffrey's which is a Toys R Us. It is a protype store. It is a Toys R Us but is a Babie R Us, Toys R Us and Kids R Us all in one store.

They have the party place and they serve lunch, cake and the kids play games. I wa slucky to get a spot there must have been a cancellation because usually you have to book 6 months in advance. I did have a GREAT party planned at a local farm that has a country restuarant and the kids were going to roast hot dogs and marshmallows and go on a hay ride :(

Oh well, thank goodness Geoffreys had a cancellation.

Tiff

rae519
02-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Thank goodness you are normal, Tiff and not a "super Mom" - I tried it once for Christopher's 3rd birthday. Lots of kids, lots of noise, lots of mess and I did the entire party dressed as a clown - with a circus motif.
That's when I was young and foolish.
Now I just hand out the cash and say, "Have at it!"

Rae

austinmom
02-20-2003, 12:51 AM
HI there- We are new to cruising and I am new to these boards. Our first cruise will be on the Magic Halloween 2003. It will be me (Shannon), my DH Matt, DS Connor who will be 5, and DD Carlyn(will be 14 months). I wonder if you guys would mind passing along some information to me. I've heard about the pool policy regarding children required to be potty trained. But I also thought I had read somewhere that they had those jumping water things (not really sure what they are called) for the little ones to play in. Does anyone know if this is true?

rae519
02-20-2003, 07:17 AM
A very big welcome to you Shannon and family! Glad to have you with us - this is going to be a great Halloween cruise!!

If you get a chance, look through the past posts and you'll get a great idea of who we are, etc. I also have a list on one of the past posts that I'll put you on!

I'm Rae (48) travelingwith my Mom (74) and my DS Michael (8) while my DH Tom (53) stays home to "guard the fort".

Welcome!!!!!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-20-2003, 08:44 AM
Welcome Austinmom-

Yes, the Magic now has water sprays or water jets around the Mickey area of the ship for children to run through and play in. We sailed last October when little ones could still get in the pool and I tell you what it was awful chasing a 16 month old around those Mickey ears. I think the water sprays are a good solution. I have heard DCL is strictly enforcing the policy of no non-potty trained children in the pools. This year my DS will be 2.5 when we sail and potty trained so hopefully he can use both.

I also have a DS Chance who is turning 5 Tuesday who would love to meet up with your 5 year old. Sometimes it is easier to go to the clubs when you already know someone.

My kids loved the 4 day last year, Disney makes it easy for those of us with young children. Plenty of food choices etc, entertainment etc.

Feel free to PM (send a personal message) with any additional questions or concerns.

Tiff

Rose_Greenthumb
02-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the madness!

I was doing my physics practise paper last night and it took me about 45mins to do the first 3 questions (admittedly I was talking about Disney at the same time). In the end I decided to just guess seeing as they were multiple choice, it's a 25% chance I've got them right. Ill laugh my head off now if they're all right!

I got a pooh bear dressed as a sheep today! It's so cute! They also had an irish leprechaun one but I decided to run before I blew my life's savings!

rae519
02-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Halloween Cruisers List II

Remember to e-mail me any changes, additions or deletions!

Emma - I saw Pooh dressed as Buzz Lightyear! Cute! IF I knew you liked Pooh, I'd have gotten him for you!

Rae

disneydeb
02-20-2003, 08:24 PM
does anyone know how long your actually in the water with the stingrays? i think my daughter will want to do that one but i do not swim so ill be in the boat takng pictures, ill also watch scared children if you like, when we went to castaway cay in aug she stayed in water for 6 hours while i sat on beach with my number 50 sunscreen on and i stil burnt a little or as they say in alien encounter your not burnt ypu just have a healthy glow

rae519
02-21-2003, 05:38 AM
Don't know about the time in the water with the stingrays but we had them swim around us at the adult side of Castaway Cay and have seen them at the dock near the rocks. Water so clear you can see them! Beautiful!

I stay completely out of the sun because I burn and am very much concerned about skin cancer - even slathered in SPF XX!
So I don't do much beach or water activity.

I did hear from my friend Karen who went swimming with them on her last cruise (Western) that it was GREAT! I keep hearing the "Jaws" theme when I give it too much thought!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-21-2003, 10:38 AM
I love all the Winnie the Pooh characters, they're so cute!

I stayed at my friend's house last night. Stayed up until 5:30am listening to the same song over and over again! It's a great song though!

I don't usually burn that much but I go bright red when I'm in the sun. It's really weird!

rae519
02-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Same song over and over again - not unusual. I remember listening to "Society's Child" in the 1960's repeatedly.

Guess it's no surprise after listening to that song over and over again that I adopted mix race children then now is it?!!!

Rae

mdvasquez
02-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Welcom Austinmom!

DisneyDeb: We swam with the stingrays last October. I think we were in the water for about 45 min - 1 hour. We did the early excursion, so it was around 10:30am, when the sun isn't so strong. The boat however is very rocky, so if you are prone to sea sickness, I wouldn't recommend staying on the boat. I do highly recommed this excursion. It was wonderful and the water was probably about 4 feet deep.:p

EMMA: We just went to see TTT this afternoon. It was only my third time. But I just love that movie. I cant wait for it to come out on dvd. :rolleyes: We took my daughter to see it for her second time. She loves Legolas. It was nice to get out and do something fun, my daugher came down with strep throat on Thursday.:( but she is feeling much better now. Amoxicillan is a wonderful thing.:p

Well everyone, have a great night.

rae519
02-23-2003, 08:34 AM
Dena - glad DD is better. Strep is horrible especially for a child to have!

Glad you have a counter but can you speed it up a bit!!!!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-23-2003, 01:47 PM
I saw it for the 6th time yesterday after I'd been shopping with my best friend! It's still brilliant! I bought a rather nice pink punky fish top, and afro ken jotter, some stripy knee high piglet socks and some stripy knee high winnie the pooh socks!

rae519
02-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Okay, Emma, I give up - what is an "agro ken jotter"?
Yes, I know I'm showing my age here!!!!!

Rae

JLSE50
02-24-2003, 10:28 AM
I can help a little because I know that Afro Ken is a cartoon logo kind of like Hello Kitty but a colorful dog with an afro. But Emma will have to tell us what a jotter is.

We are back from our week visiting Tom's parents and seeing some shows in Branson. We had hoped they could drive the 5 hours to join us at our timeshare in Branson and we could take them to some shows, but they have decided that traveling is too tiring--her because of her extreme emphysema and need for oxygen at all times and still being exhausted doing small things and him because of being the one to tote all her equipment, luggage and push the wheelchair. So we drove down to see them in the midst of our Branson week.

I just renewed my driver's license and put on it that I will be an organ donor. Thanks Rae for the reminders of it's importance. How special that you can get feedback from one of Kayla's recipients.

Rose_Greenthumb
02-24-2003, 11:01 AM
A jotter is just another word for a notebook. We use them in french alot at the moment so I needed a new one.

http://www.dreamkitty.com/afroken.html

Here is a picture of Afro Ken.

buzz&woody'smom
02-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Ok what is all of this you all are all talking about? Hrry Pottoer or Lord of the Rings? Are they books or movies so I can be up to date. I am sorry I have a 20 month old and my 4 year old will be 5 tomorrow so right now my whole life is Rescue Heroes, Buzz Lightyear, Thomas the Cho Cho, Teletubbies, Barney, diapers.......you get the picture. I go for 48 hours sometimes not speaking to another adult except for you guys. Clue me in and I will catch up.

Right now I am in the throws of a bad flu/cold and the baby has it 100% worse and I slept on the floor next to his crib and he screamed all night and all morning........seems a little better now. Enough of a pity party for me.

You educated ladies enlighten me :)

Tiff

JLSE50
02-24-2003, 11:55 AM
TIFF: My head was so stuffy that I wanted to cry Saturday night. If I had had the presence of mind to get another pillow or try to sleep in the recliner so the sinuses could drain, I might have felt better. As it was I tossed and turned trying to clear the pressure. How much harder for a baby who cannot tell us what his trouble is and where it hurts. I am ON BOARD this pitty party for him and for you. :( :( :( so sorry!!

This crowd has some fanatical fans of Harry Potter AND Lord of the Rings. You never know which one they are talking about as they use initials a lot. Some of the quotes that Emma and Rory toss around are from these movies, but some are from others. You have to ask.

Since I am a homecare pediatric physical therapist, I can relate to Telly Tubbies, Barney, Buzz Lightyear, etc. I am on your page as that is what I see when I am in the homes of these kiddos.

buzz&woody'smom
02-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the info. H eis 20 months old and has had "yellow" diapers all week, no fever but clammy at times, last few days severe upper head congestion and nose drainage but clear and continuous crying even as I type. With no fever they won't give him a antibiotic. I spent 3 hours on the phone this am trying to call the Pediatric clinic and can't get through. I am giving Tylenol and Motrine for discomfort, Triamnic for congestion ( which is making him agitated but I have tried 3 kinds including prescription for the conhestion). Salined his nose and cool vaporizer????????

buzz&woody'smom
02-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the info. H eis 20 months old and has had "yellow" diapers all week, no fever but clammy at times, last few days severe upper head congestion and nose drainage but clear and continuous crying even as I type. With no fever they won't give him a antibiotic. I spent 3 hours on the phone this am trying to call the Pediatric clinic and can't get through. I am giving Tylenol and Motrine for discomfort, Triamnic for congestion ( which is making him agitated but I have tried 3 kinds including prescription for the conhestion). Salined his nose and cool vaporizer????????

JLSE50
02-24-2003, 01:13 PM
TIFF: Is he getting a lot of fluids?
:( Does he prefer to be held and rocked or left alone? I prefer to be cuddled when I am sick but my husband and sons act as if being sick heightens their nerve sensitivities and they would rather not have anything touch then, including air :(

Have you ever seen the ads for the Peace Corps calling it "the toughest job you'll ever love" ?? :confused:

Well, they are wrong--being a mother :D is the toughest job you will ever love. The care, compassion and attention you are giving him now when he is hard to love is what will earn you those sloppy kisses and spontaneous hugs when he feels better. :Pinkbounc

HANG IN THERE :) This too shall pass.

buzz&woody'smom
02-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Good news he was screaming in pain so much I called my DH and made him take him over to the Naval Hospital and demand he be seen. They are already back with Motrine, baby Sudafed and a Z-pack antibiotic for babies. Raging ear infections in both ears not wondering he was sreaming. Already have one dose in him so keep your fingers crossed tonight will be better. Thanks all :) Funny thing about children my DS who be 5 tomorrow has severe asthma and never ever cries or complains, he is on a ton of medicine and has had 2 sets of ear tubes and tonsils removed. Pneaumonia 6 times, Bronchitis more than I can count and over 50 ear infections and still no complaining. He loves to be cuddled and loved when he is sick. The little one I think you are right the stimulus when he was hurting was too much...........I keep day dreaming about October 25 2003 :)

rae519
02-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Tiff - you poor dear! Wish we could come out and help you with the little one so you could rest and get well. Hurrah for your getting DH to take him to the Hospital! We all have different ways to deal with pain - DH wants to be pampered, DS #1 and I are the stoic ones (Just leave us alone!) and DS #2 wants to be held all the time.
Okay, Mom - now you get some rest while he is down!

Jan - So glad you are back!!!!! That was fun e-mailing each other last night but it was after 2AM when I finally laid down!!
So sorry about Tom's Mom - is she on a transplant list yet? My prayers are with her.

Afro Ken jotter - Thanks Emma and Jan for the picture and info - you "kids"!!!!

Got my Passporter today - the Disney cruise book, it was wonderful! Highly recommend it even for us veterans!

Rae

JLSE50
02-24-2003, 05:16 PM
RAE: No one has ever mentioned transplants for Tom's mother. I do not know if the MD suggested it and she refused and did not mention it to the kids or if they do not think she would be a good candidate. She is over 80 and has been on oxygen for about 7 years I think. She has said several times that she is not afraid of dying but I do not know what she thinks of this long drawn-out debility.

TIFF: Smart move to send the baby to the MD with DH!! Poor little one--no wonder he was so upset! Can you get some rest now? Your cruise is the carrot at the end of your stick as mine was last year.

rae519
02-24-2003, 05:57 PM
I guess it's the time we live in, Jan, because two of my Aunts are in their mid 80's - both are asking family members to pray for their speedy passing. One has dementia and Alzheimers but becomes lucid at times, the other has severe osteoporosis and is quite helpless. Both have said they lived full lives and now they are a burden to their families. Guess I understand that more now than ever. Make your peace with family, friends and be right with the Lord!

Hey, Jan, why don't we fly out and take care of Tiff's baby for her?!! Wouldn't that be wonderful! I'm offering babysitting services from both of us now!!!!

Tiff - hang in there, babe! Still wish we could do more than give you morale support!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Thanks all, you are a great group. But after having the aneurysm when I had him I can handle about anything but not having a spleen makes me so sick sometimes. A germ can look at me and I am sick :)

Tomorrow Chance turns 5, I can't believe. I have to pull it together for him. DH has a lot going on being a active duty Marine Officer and then goes to college at night so I am on my own 95% of the time with my boys.

The funny DCL commerical is on where the little girl says her brother is a little souvernier..........boy that is funny! I remember one time when I was pregnant with my baby Chance had just turned 3 and I was at K-mart standing in line and the lady behind us was talking to Chance. She asked him if he had any brothers or sisters and before I realized what he was doing he had lifted up my shirt exposing a 8 month pregnant belly and said "yes, I have a baby brother in here"..........of course everyone around laughed and I was red as a beet.

Anway hopefully tonight will be the last rough night and the antibiotic will break the fever and start working tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone...........early night for me.:o

rae519
02-25-2003, 07:35 AM
Oh, my word - that was a funny but embarassing story! Remind Chance of that when he gets older - it will mortify him!!!!

Tom and I were active duty USAF - he retired 11 years ago but works for the State now. Being active duty is hard - you have to be a dedicated person to do it and knowing what he goes through, I have a lot of respect for him and all military. It's not the kind of life for everyone and hardest of all on military spouses (as you know).

Glad he is keeping up with his education. It's the real road to promotion in the military.

Now what do you do, darling, for YOU?!

Rae

rae519
02-25-2003, 07:52 AM
I order and received my Passporter - the guide to DCL and Ports of Call. It's a great value (I got mine through amazon.com). Even though I've cruised 4 times already on DCL, I learned a lot of things I didn't know and find it really is worth the money (under $12.00).

I HIGHLY recommend it for first timers and veterans!!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-25-2003, 11:24 AM
You guys really can talk when you want to!

Tiff-Hope everything gets back to normal for you again soon!

I don't understand what's going on with my english essay! To begin with it was an A and I handed in the same essay with more added in. Somehow it's now a C+! And the teacher who marked it has now left so I can't re do it. Our new teacher doesn't know the text it was based on.

rae519
02-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Want us to take on that English teacher for you? I am sure we "Chatty Cathies" can do something!!! If nothing else, we can filibuster!!!

See, Emma, what happens when you don't post for a while - we get our fingers set in overdrive!!

By the way, I have another UK family on my May 3 cruise, husband, wife and 3 year old child!!! Can't wait - just love your accents! (Yeah, I know "what accent?")!!!!!!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-25-2003, 12:00 PM
I am so gald we have this thread and this trip to look forward to, what better than a DCL cruise and a DCL with friends and family.

Emma-was the essay a rewrite that you received a C on? Why did you have to turn it back in? For corrections or elaborations on your original essay? That does not sound to fair and I remember reading your former English teacher left???

Rae-thanks for your support. I just told DH this AM over the phone when it gets really bad I keep thinking about the cruise :) and it cheers me up and keeps me going. I am also going on a super short 3 day RCCL cruise with my best friend from CA in August. a Mommy's only trip and I need it!!!

Someone clue me in on what this Passporter is and if there are different Passporters for each cruise line?

Off to get some laundry done while the little sick tyrant sleeps :):o

Rose_Greenthumb
02-25-2003, 02:09 PM
I handed in my first draft to my old teacher who marked it as an A and pointed out where corrections could be made so I did that and added the second part. Then I handed that in (still to the old teacher) and it's now a C+! I think I'll see if I can change it in any way to get a better grade. I was doing that around the time my nan died so I can see if they'll let me try again on the grounds that I had other things on my mind.

rae519
02-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Emma - do whatever it takes to get that corrected. And remember your family here at the DIS Boards are available!!

Tiff - I think that's what makes the cruise so special, is making friends before the trip and then meeting them in person. I have been very blessed to have had two experiences meeting DIS Board groups - the 9/28 cruise group was phenomenal - they are going this year in October and I wish we could be with them - they are a fun group. Through that group, I got hooked up with my tablemates, Ed and Karen - who were just the neatest couple! My son still adores Ed!! Then in December, we had tablemates, Paul and Kaye who were just so interesting and exciting! We've all stayed in touch.
But then again, a couple I met on another cruise who were our table mates turned out to become great friends also - Shelby, John and their daughter Alex - just had a super time with them.

It's all in attitude and sometimes I have a crappy one, but for the most part, I'm okay - hahaha!!Guess they've only seen my BEST side!!!!

How are the costume ideas coming along?

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-25-2003, 05:07 PM
I am still thinking Peter Pan and Captain Hook for my little guys???? At WDW MNSSHP last year they were Buzz and Woody and that was great.

I agree that making friends before hand is great for the adults and children. I have met up with Donna who's neighbor is going with us and they have a 5 year old DS and Austinmom who also has a 5 year old DS. We usually are surrounded by girls, I have 4 neices and every house in my subdivision has 6 year old girls............not that I have anything against them since I am one :)

Now to make a friend my toddler who will be 2.5 when we sail.

I like looking forward to the trip, that is 50% of the excitement.

Cade is still sick but at least he did not scream all day. Still not eating but drinking which is better than nothing. Today is Chance's 5th Birthday.............I told him he could have what ever he wanted for supper.........he picked Taco Bell, you gotta love that!

Tiff

Rose_Greenthumb
02-25-2003, 05:11 PM
I'm still hoping I'll find a friend before we go!

buzz&woody'smom
02-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Oh for goodness sake I will be your friend and Rae too, you have more maturity than I do at 33.........just teasing. I could find a youngish Marine here in the heart of North Carolina Marine country they are always in shape and usually handsome.................except they are all deployed now............:(

rae519
02-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Tiff - aren't most Marines bald? I think Emma would probably like to "run her hands" in his hair!!!!!!!

Emma - you have us - and we will definitely look out for you. Too bad you can't meet and date the crew members - because some of them are HOT HOT HOT! (And that's coming from my Mom!)

I love Peter Pan and Hook - I think Michael still wants to be a pirate (he wore his costume to Castaway Cay for our December cruise). I still want to be fluffy!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-25-2003, 06:24 PM
No not bald just clean shaven :)..................

rae519
02-25-2003, 06:26 PM
I know whenever I see a long hair, I am tempted to take my scissors out! My son (the eldest) is a runner and maintains a shaved head - someday he will wish he had his hair back and it won't be there!!!!

There is NOTHING better looking than a man in uniform!!!! Gets me everytime!!!!

Rae

mdvasquez
02-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Everytime I come back here and log on, you guys just have me smiling!! It it so fun to come here and read.:D

I am kind of bumming right now. I got an email from my 7th grade sons math teacher letting me know he has failed to turn in 14 assignments in the past 4 weeks, so his grade is at a C almost a D. And if he doesnt bring it up, he wont be put back in advanced math again next year. I want to wring his neck, he is soooo smart, but LAZY!!! I wish I could get him to understand how important it is to do well in school!!!

Well, thats enough whinning for tonight.

TIFF: My niece will be on the cruise and she will be 23 months old. She can play with your toddler:p
That is so cool that your get to go on a "Mommy only cruise" My sisters and I keep saying one day we are going to go on a cruise by ourselves. No children and no husbands.

EMMA: I already told you, you can be friends with my son Alex. he will be almost 17 and doesn't have a girlfriend yet. He thinks all the girls here are so immature, and can't stand the games they play. But I think you two could be friends you sould like you are on the same maturity leval as him.
:smooth:

Well, I catch up with you guys soon.

laurenk
02-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Hi Everyone! I have been following all of your posts, and finally decided to chime in again.... so you don't think I have fallen off the face of the earth. First, we have 4 more people joining(more neighbors,very close neighborhood) 2 adults, 1 11year old boy, and one 13 year old girl. Second, our group has decided to be the Mouseketeers for Halloween(adults only), and the kids will be various Disney characters.

We are once again getting ready for more snow. My 18 inches has melted away, but across the street looks like a different planet. Lucky for the sun in the winter, but in the summer it stinks. If my kids miss anymore school they will be going til July!!

rae519
02-26-2003, 07:34 AM
laurenk - wish I lived in your neighborhood, sounds like you have a blast! I love your idea of Mousketeers - sounds like it would be neat seeing you all in a group picture!!!!

I think we are all tired of winter - maybe that's because when May hits - we are going to be GONE!

Now I don't watch much TV at all, but Ricki Lake was at the Atlantis and it was 88 there when they filmed. We were at 2 degrees. Think I wasn't wishing that I was with them! I just saw the opening then changed the channel - I don't like those type shows but just to see a warmer part of the world...well, ahhhhh!

And don't take my Dr. Phil away!!! When I can remember and have the time, I tune him in.

Speaking of other TV shows - what's some of your favorites?

Here are mine:
Dr. Phil - of course!
Andromeda - Keith Hamilton Cobb (the very well-built black man with the dread locks) is MY man!
NFL Football - Doug Flutie (San Diego Chargers) is #1!
Everybody Loves Raymond - "Frank Barrone" - who doesn't remember him from "Young Frankenstein"?!

Rae

buzz&woody'smom
02-26-2003, 08:16 AM
This may sound cray but my 82 year old Auntie Irene is going to on John Edwards today! Check your local listings. She is really my Dad's Aunt but a tiny little lady with silver hair which she has had since her 30's. She is truly the kindest person I have ever known and here is the kicker she is a devout Catholic so JE coming to her home was something of a shock.

She tells my Dad his Father and her DH came through :)........have to watch and see. Now I have 2 sick children, going to be another long day :(

DCL take me away............

"Ginger"
02-26-2003, 11:24 AM
I am so sick of being sick and we have had enough snow to last me a life time. I have been looking at prices for this year Halloween Cruise. I am very tempted and DH's NO NO is get very weaker. He would really love to go too, our DD started crying the other day when I told her we could go this year. I'm so sad.:(

I hope everyone gets better real soon.

Rose_Greenthumb
02-26-2003, 12:09 PM
If I didn't know you lot better I'd say you were trying to set me up with about 12 different guys! Mind you, I'm not complaining!

I had what I was going to say to my english teacher about my essay all planned out and then she wasn't even in! Someone said that we were getting our old teacher back so I don't have a clue what's going on but I wish they'd make up their minds!

rae519
02-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Emma - and that's what we adults call getting an "education" - good luck sounds like your's is a lesson in futility, patience and strength of character!!!!

Rae

laurenk
02-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Rae-

Our favorite show is "Raymond" We are SO them it isn't funny. Must be the NY'er in me.
We also are totally addicted to reality TV. Sad, but true....

Well, the snow hit this morning...so far about 6 more inches, school is already canceled again for tommorrow, expecting another 6 inches:(

Our neighborhood IS wonderful. We are all very close, and many of us are Disney crazed. Those who aren't are used to us by now.;)

rae519
02-27-2003, 06:33 AM
laurenk - Do you remember "Big Brother"? I watched that! I was going for "Chickenman"!

Tiff - I wish we only knew about that sooner - I firmly believe in afterdeath communication being possible. Hey, why not - at one time the world was flat, wasn't it?!

Emma - 12 different guys? Girl - there are a lot of "frogs" out there to kiss before you get the prince - and when the right one comes along - it's MAGIC!!! So why not meet Mr. Right on the "Magic"!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
02-27-2003, 01:53 PM
I have my eye on some1 actually! I shouldn't really have said that because my mum will read this and try and get details but nevermind!

We started a really lovely song today in choir. Its called 'I'm going up a yonder' and it's so nice! I just sat there and wanted to cry!

"Ginger"
02-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!! COUNT US IN DH GAVE IN THIS MORNING AND SAID GO AHEAD AND BOOK IT. I GOT ON THE PHONE WITH COSTCO (THEY GAVE ME THE BEST PRICE). Sorry I don't mean to be shouting it at you. BUT WE ARE GOING TOO.........

So who is staying at the Radisson the night before? What are the plans for Halloween? YAHOO!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!

Rose_Greenthumb
02-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Welcome aboard Ginger! Im glad you're going to be coming too!!!

"Ginger"
02-27-2003, 08:47 PM
THANKS EMMA

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce::Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

mdvasquez
02-27-2003, 09:47 PM
YEA GINGER!!!! That's great news!! I am glad to hear you are going again. I don't know if we will be staying at the Radisson again. We will see how things go. What room will you be in?

RAE: I watched all of the Big Brothers. I don't know why I was so addicted to them.:D

Laurenk: I also love Raymond. We are just like them as well. So many people have told us that my DH looks like Ray. I also like King of Queens - they are totally my sister and BIL!!

Speaking of which I don't know if I told you guys, but we found out my sister, who is due in July, found out she is having a girl.:p We are so excited!!!! I am hoping to take a year off of work next year to watch my niece, since my sister can't afford to not work.;) I can't wait!!! Hopefully it will all work out.

Have a great night everyone.

"Ginger"
02-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks Dena we are booked in stateroom 2052 with hopes to upgrade at the port. I sure do hope that our staterooms will be better this year. Those secret porthole rooms were awfully stinky last year.
We have late dinner seating.

Congrads to your sister. Will the new baby girl be crusing with us.

rae519 could you please add us to your list. It will be me, Ginger 46 at the time of cruise, DH Bill who just turned 40 and DD Ashley who is 6.

Come on Ray and Tony, go with us again.

I have to work this weekend but I hope everyone has a great one.
:wave:

sallyo
02-28-2003, 01:24 AM
On thing I am concerned about on this cruise is that we'll be traveling with my 18 year old niece. She will be a senior in high school and still looks very young ( I know they all look young but she looks younger than most!). Can she still go into Common ground or will she have to hang out with the parents, grandparents and old aunts that still feel young?

laurenk
02-28-2003, 07:08 AM
Ginger- That is great that you can go! We can usually "pout" long enough to get my DH to agree to trips, or just pop in some WDW music, and he is putty in our hands;)

Are you driving or flying? We are leaving Thursday the 23rd after school and driving straight down. We are staying at the Comfort Inn at Cocoa Beach (@ 5 miles from terminal), so thay while DH catches up on sleep, I can take the twins to the beach on the 24th. They also have packages with parking and shuttles to the ship.

If the price is right, we are going to upgrade at port too.

"Ginger"
02-28-2003, 09:44 AM
LaurenK where are you located in Va. We live in Joppa, Md not to far from Baltimore City. Yes we will be driving too. Driving straight through leaving around 10 pm Thursday night. We will most likely stay at the Radisson as we have done in the past.

Sallyo I don't see why your niece couldn't hang out at common ground. They don't have check-ins like to other clubs do. She'll have a great time.

It's snowing here again. I am so glad DH agreed to the cruise I think we will need it after all the stuff we are going to go through this year. Having a major reno job done on the house and I started a new job. I guess I better get off of this computer to get ready to go there so I can pay for this cruise.LOL

JLSE50
02-28-2003, 11:20 AM
GINGER: Here's hoping you have a great cruise and can get yourself dug out of all this snow.
What is the new job?

We have had SUN for the last two days and I LOVE it. The groundhog did not see his shaddow here and I thought that meant we would have no more winter, but we are still getting cold weather. Even though it was below 32 yesterday and today I AM WEARING MY SNEAKERS on PRINCIPAL!

buzz&woody'smom
02-28-2003, 01:06 PM
You all are so brave, I am in eastern NC and it is about 45-55 and I am freezing. I think I would freeze to death in your climates. Remember we lived in San Diego for 5 years so it was a shock to experience the cold even though I grew up and went to college in SC.

Welcome Ginger. We have a great, sweet group here and will have fun, fun, fun.

Ok, back to my baby infirmary...................

JLSE50
02-28-2003, 01:13 PM
TIFF: I am freezing :( I hate the winter :(
I have lived 54 winters in the north-country. The Yukon territories it seems like.
I grew up in upstate NY, and except for two years on Long Island, lived in upstate NY--snow country--for 38 years. Then 7 1/2 in Bethlehem Pennsylvania which was warmer!! and now over 8 in Indiana. We get wind from Canada that blows across Lake Michigan and picks up water to dump on us. This winter has been COLD but not as much snow as some years. But we did get more snow than Chicago which is amazing everyone. We got less than the east coast. One of our sons lives in Bethlehem and they have really been socked in. But up there they know how to drive in it and how to plow. They start the plows when it starts to fall so the roads are passable much of the time.

I would LOVE to live in a warmer place.

rocadonismom
02-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Wow! Y'all have been chatting up a storm. I stopped getting the emails saying there was a new post and truthfully forgot to check. Imagine my surprise when I came here and there are 6 new pages. I read through pretty quickly.

Tiff, how are you and your family feeling? Hopefully better, it's so miserable when everyone is sick. At least the finally took him in at the doctors and gave him so antibiotics. The Peter pan/Hook costume idea sounds adorable.

Emma, any more news on the english paper? I was thinking about the decreased grade and thought (just a thought from having LOTS of papers graded in college and high school) maybe the grade went down because you strayed from the topic? I know my professors always asked for insanly high word/page counts then got angry when you "rambled"/ Don't know if that helps or not.

Jan, wow you lived in Bethlehem? small world. I live in Pocono Pines (kinda between Stroudsburg, Scranton and Wilkes-Barre) and Rae said her mom lived near Scranton. Must be a popular area here.

Rae,did you have a chance to get any more info on the tee-shirts? I am definately interested. Was glad to hear there was actually someone who watched/enjoyed Big Brother 1. I loved chicken George.

rocadonismom
02-28-2003, 02:00 PM
Decided to split up the post because the first one was horribly long.

Ginger, SO GLAD that you're going to be cruising with us. I think we may fly down the night before but, parents are making the majority of the travel plans and never do anything this far ahead of time. I would love to rent a limo (instead of the Disney transfers) to take to the port. Just this once.

laurenK, sounds like a great neighborhood - especially to get so many to travel with you. I'm also hooked on reality TV but, don't ever get to watch on a weekly basis due to work schedule. I'm always reading the boards trying to catch up.

UPDATE to cruise list (if you get a chance Rae) spouse name is Angelo (guy not girl).

I'm sure I missed people, sorry about that. Will be around more often!

Rose_Greenthumb
02-28-2003, 02:12 PM
We're also interested in t-shirts apparently.

I haven't been able to get at my essay so I still dont know what's wrong with it. The teacher wasn't in again today.

My mum said she's not going to ask me who I have my eye on. She wouldn't know him anyway so there really is no point in telling.

JLSE50
02-28-2003, 02:24 PM
CAROLYN: One of my good buddies lives in Pocono Summit--Colleen Abriel.

rocadonismom
02-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Jan, that is incredible... My brothers and sister are really good friends with Chuck, Nick and Marissa Abriel!

JLSE50
02-28-2003, 06:02 PM
CAROLYN: :Pinkbounc SMALL WORLD!! :Pinkbounc That is great! :) They are great kids.
Their Mom and I ran cub scout day camp in Bethlehem the first couple years they lived up near you. Colleen and I had gotten involved as Den Leaders when they still lived south of Bethlehem and we lived in Bethlehem. When they moved north, she continued for 3 more years as Camp Director with me as Program Director. We were both getting burned out when my DH got transferred out here so she took that as a good time to quit too. I could not believe she would drive down every day for a week plus for most of the planning meetings. Occasionally I drove up there.
Marissa was my special buddy. If you get a chance, tell your brothers and sister to say HI for me. :p
We pass by your area on Rt 80 most of the time when we come east to visit our son who still lives in Bethlehem. Not close enough to hollar, but close enough to know Colleen is there and now to know that you are there :p :)

"Ginger"
02-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Hi all thanks for the Welcome.

Jan I went to work for the United State Postal Service. Well I should say I went back to work for them, I work for them before I had Ashley. I went into my post office 2 weeks before Christmas to mail off Christmas cards, I started talking to one of the carriers and jokingly said I would love to come back to work. To my surprise all the paper work was sent to me within 2 weeks. Within 5 weeks I was back in the system and training again. We had to buy another SUV for me to use for mail delivery, but this one is a smaller vehicle than the ones you have seen. Just a little Jeep Cherokee it's been great in the snow.
So Jan why don't you and your DH join us again this year. I know I said we wouldn't be going this year but all this snow changed our minds. I think we will need a vacation after we get our house finished just to break away from the stress.

I talk to Ray about the shirts, he makes the best designs. I wish Ray and Tony were coming with us this year.

Hey Estelle are you lurking??????

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
02-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Dena - I had the same problem your seventh grader has. Math is my best subject but I'm really lazy with homework. I'm sure he'll come to his senses because I finally realized my grade was dropping and buckled down. Now it's a lot better. What exactly are the 'games' that the girls play. The ones that your son thinks are immature. maybe we heard about them up here in central florida.

Emma - I'm sure you'll have fun with everyone on your cruise. It's DISNEY!

JLSE50
02-28-2003, 08:41 PM
GINGER: Sounds like you have a rural delivery route. Did you trade in the truck we saw in Florida? How is the job going?
Ashley is in full day school this year right?
What are those families doing without you for a babysitter?

With college loans for our sons and Tom starting his own business, this is not a good year to spend money on a cruise. We used our DVC points for our cruise last year, but this year we are using them for a FAMILY trip to WDW in May. :p

We would love to come, but must be practical. Another time we hope will work out :p

"Ginger"
02-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Yes, Jan I am a rural carrier. I would have had to close the daycare because of the house being renovated so we just did it a little early. I helped everyone find care. Ashley still goes 1/2 a day. On the days I have to work she goes to a local child care center.
No, we still have all the big trucks just added another new one. Yes, my driveway and yard is starting to look like a SUV dealership. We don't lack for transportation here that's for sure. We'll be driving the Ford Excursion to Fla. again this year. Have a great time at WDW in May.

Rose_Greenthumb
03-01-2003, 04:55 AM
All this talk about postal services reminded me that the Royal Mail is trying to kill me! 4 of their vans tried to run me over in one week and then last week there was another van and a train! And then yesterday 2 vans came at me at once!

Jan-It would be great if you were coming with us but have a fabulous time in WDW in May!

JLSE50
03-01-2003, 10:45 AM
GINGER: How do you drive and deliver when the mail boxes are on the right side of the road and the wheel and pedals on the left side of the SUV?

EMMA: WATCH OUT :rolleyes: for those vehicles. We need you alive and intact over there.

quackattack
03-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Hello Everyone,
We are still here. We have been very busy. I am just getting over an earache caused by a blocked sinus cavity and DH presently has the flu. DS was sick a few weeks ago but recovered quickly. We have been blessed with a very healthy boy. He rarely gets sick. I think he has only had 3 sick baby visits to his doctor in his 3 yrs of life. I hope everyone else on the thread recovers quickly. It is no fun being sick and cold.

We have had more snow than usual here in Tennessee but mostly rain and cold temps. I am so tired of rain. (Rain Rain go away.....). When spring actually gets here and I plant flowers and DH plants a garden, I am sure my song will change.

DH and I joined the WISH Challenge today. I still have 5# from last cruise I need to lose. I have already gotten rid of the 3# I gained over the holidays. I guess spending more time on the treadmill and less on the boards has payed off.

I am glad to see that Ginger will be joining us again.

I guess that is it for my update.

Rochelle ( 1/3 of Quackattack)

Rae: DH does not watch a lot of television.
DS likes anything on Nick Jr.
I like CSI and anything on HGTV or the Travel Channel

rae519
03-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Still here, folks!
Dealing with that acursed four letter word - WORK, such as
"housework" and "paperwork" - aggg!

Anyway, Ray will do a design for us - but needs an idea of how many he will make.

We need 3 for our group. Let me know so we can get this going, okay?
I know you are in also, Ginger, - would 3 be correct? Let me know.

I suggest that we start a website called "Jan and Tom need a Disney cruise" - and solicit contributions/donation to a fund - that way, we can "give them a trip" - okay, Jan, please don't hurt me!!!
THIS IS JUST A JOKE, FOLKS!!!
I mean about the website for donations. I don't know if Jan would hurt me or not!!!!!
HAHAH!

Rare form here today - my mountain of paperwork is calling.

Ginger - I prefer woman postal carriers myself. In comparing several we have had, the woman are always within 30 minutes of their due time - the men....well, we get our mail sometimes as late as 6PM and it's due time is 3PM!!! Go figure. Postmaster lives in our subdivision, so he knows. Or at least he should!

Wish I had a postal joke to PM you - but all I've been getting lately are blonde jokes.

Rae

JLSE50
03-02-2003, 05:35 PM
When we were in Branson last month we went to a show by a group billed as and mimicing the PLATTERS. One of the fellows is from Gary, Indiana which is near where we live and a city in which I see patients so on the intermission I talked to him and got his autograph on my ticket stub.
During the second half of the show, one of his solos was a love song. I do not know if he always does this, but he jumped down from the stage, knelt in front of me, held my hand and sang. (We had seats in the FRONT row.) After a line he turned to Tom and said "Don't hurt me man!" And then continued singing. I was laughing so hard!! :p
and now Rae says I might hurt her....
I am even on good terms with bugs--I just catch them and let Rory kill them--so I would not hurt anyone.
I do NOT want anyone starting a cruise fund for us, but the thought is very sweet.
We will see if fortune smiles on us and makes it possible, but in the meantime, knowing we would be welcome is like getting hugs. :Pinkbounc

rae519
03-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Yeah, folks, that "cruise fund" was a joke. I don't want to get jailed for solicitating money and spend my vacation in the "pokey"!

New list will be added in a few minutes, I am still goofing off and not getting my "paperwork" done!

Rae

rae519
03-02-2003, 05:55 PM

New list (version 3) is now up.

Any additions, corrections or deletions?

Also, anyone interested in brunch, high tea, dinner at Palo?
Celebrating any occassion?
Spending the night before in the Orlando area?
Anything?!

Ray will do a design for the Halloween t-shirts and you can buy directly from him. I've posted him about that today so it's up to him and us now.

Happy Trails!
Rae

"Ginger"
03-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Jan the vehicle is going to be converted over to right hand drive. There is a company called PostalThings.com that sells the kits for Jeeps Cherokee. I've been driving my Bronco so far to deliver the mail, I can sit on the center console it's been very hard.

Rae sorry I am lost???? Group of 3?????
Rae I would like to do a high tea, not sure about the others yet.
Not celebrating anything but Halloween. We will be spending the night before most likely at the Radisson.
We have late seating, that was all that was left.
Yesterday some people didn't get their till 7 pm. I'll get better as time goes on. We don't have a special time to have it delivered by thank goodness.

Emma I would love to have one of those mail vans. It would make my life and my job so much easier.

Are we going to do a Trick-orTreat this year for our children?

buzz&woody'smom
03-02-2003, 07:12 PM
I have not posted because I caught the "grunge" from the baby. I think I may live. Whats this about t-shirts and yes lets do a trick or treat but that is our Castway Cay day so we will have to plann accordingly. Welcome Ginger :)....I am also trying to convince my sister and her friend to go and for good reason they are great with kids;)

rae519
03-03-2003, 07:47 AM
Ginger - group of 3 (3 people in your family) -

High Tea sounds great. I don't think my DH wants to do it, but I'm in. Maybe we can get a ladies afternoon set up. Anyone interested?

I think trick or treat is in - but not sure about time period involved since it is Castaway Cay day.

Tiff - I have my DS home right now with the high fever, sore throat and cough AGAIN. Always something isn't it? Send your sister and her friend to the Boards, we can convince them with all our ravings about how great it is!!!

On a side note!
I got my Select Comfort bed on Friday and have to tell you, believe the ads and testimonials. It is wonderful! First nights of painfree sleep for DH in decades (degenerative arthritis of the spine). It is very comfortable and you have wonderful support everywhere so my neck pain is pretty much gone now!

Rae

Rose_Greenthumb
03-03-2003, 11:05 AM
I think we want T-shirts too but Im not sure how many. Not sure my brothers will want to walk round in them.

I think Trick or Treating would be fun provided we plan it around our time in Castaway Cay.

Tiff-Hope you feel better soon.

I said I'd go on prefect duty at parents evening which is going to mean I'm bored out of my skull for an hour and a half. My friends are all in a concert so they aint gonna be there and I'll have to sit and tell people they need to sign in and out. How boring.

Taylor
03-03-2003, 12:32 PM
I just got off from the phone with DVC Member Services, where I booked our October 2003 vacation. We will be in a 2 BR at OKW for 4 days, the 3 Night DCL on October 30, then 6 days in a 2 BR at the Beach Club. The group will consist of myself, my wife, DD 10, DD 5, and my MIL. On the cruise we will have a category 7 room and a category 11 room.

I am also very interested in anyone who is travelling with a girl around my oldest (Kelsey - 10) daughters age. If possible, I would like Kelsey to be able to correspond with them via e-mail prior to the trip.

rae519
03-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Wish we could help but we are the 7 nighter cruise - October 25-November 1!

Put a new thread on and you will probably get a lot of replies!

Rae

mdvasquez
03-03-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey fellow cruisers!

Things are well here in FL, although I have to say the weather has been strange lately. Sunny and hot one minute and then windy rainy and COLD the next. Of course when I say cold I mean in the low 50's.:p

Thank goodness we are all healthy here now!! My kids have FCAT testing this week. Thank goodness my oldest is finished with that!!!

TIFF: I hope you feel better soon.

EMMA: Have you seen how to lose a guy in 10 days? We just saw it this weekend. It was SOOOOO funny.

We definately want the t-shirts from Ray, at least 3 maybe more. My daughter still wears hers all the time.

I want to do the TOT again with our group. We could always have it the day before Halloween, on Thursday. That would be our day at sea. It doesnt matter either way to me although I would prefer not to have it on our CC day. What does everyone else think? Disney may decide to have their Halloween events on that day as well.

I went shopping with my sister this weekend and we bought two halloween outfits for my niece(the one whose not even born yet)!!! OH MY GOSH - THEY ARE SOOO CUTE. And we only paid $3.50 for each one!!! One is a candy corn and one is a green lizard!:p :D :p :D :D :p :D :p :D

Well, thats all my news for now. TTFN

buzz&woody'smom
03-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Thanks I am on the road to recovery, I think the day before which is a day at sea for TOT is a great idea.

Doesn't DCL put on a little party on Halolween Day? This may sound strange but do children wear their costumes to dinner?

I want to see that movie (How to lose a Guy in 10 days), I also want to see the one with Mike Meyers and G.Paltrow about flight attendant training. I was a FA right out of college and think it looks very funny!

Tiff

JLSE50
03-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Halloween 2002 was our at-sea day.

Some kids wore costumes all day. Others put theirs on for the DIS Trick or treat, lunch (which was a DIS gathering for those who wanted to eat together) and the afternoon trick or treating put on by DCL. That amounted to locations around the ship where the Cruise Director's staff dressed as pirates gave out candy. I do not know if there were maps as to where to find them or not, we did not do that as we were an adult-only room that gave out treats to the DIS kids.

We wore our semiformal clothes to the theater than night and to get our photo with the Captian. Then we changed to our costumes, went back for another photo op with the captain and wore our costumes to dinner and adult costume judging.

They did the presentation of costumes on the stairs from balcony of deck 4 down to the lobby of deck 3 which sounds great but we could not see anyone as the railing was packed with people watching as we walked behind them to the top of the stairs.

On my evaluation I suggested they hold it in the Theater, people line up around the edges and walk up to the stairs on one side, get introduced and walk off the other side of the stage. Then everyone in line and sitting in the theater seats just watching could see.

TIFF: Glad to hear you and the kids are feeling better.

DENA: I will take that 50 degrees ANY TIME!

Have a great cruise!~! :)

rae519
03-04-2003, 06:07 AM
How would the night before Castaway Cay (Thursday night) be for Trick or Treating?

Rae

laurenk
03-04-2003, 06:33 AM
The night before sounds better. This way, nobody has to rush back from Castaway Cay. Don't they do the kid's show on Castaway Cay day too?

rae519
03-04-2003, 06:37 AM
So you are also up early, ehhh - Lauren? I have Michael home sick again today and Tom is complaining of feeling ill also now. So far, I'm okay - knock on wood!

Yes, the kid's show is right during sail away from Castaway Cay. Michael has done it twice already and says he'd rather watch us leave CC than be in it.

Ray is designing our shirts and will put the design up when he is done. Seems like a good idea to wear them at Sail Away and have some name tags on so we can recognize eachother!

Supposed to get a snowstorm with sleet this evening - oh joy!
Will winter EVER end?!

Rae

laurenk
03-04-2003, 07:00 AM
Yes, I am an early riser:D Sorry you guys are all sick. We have been very lucky in our house this year.

My DD will probably want to do the show. Not sure about DS...might be too cool for it.

I can't wait to see the shirts! I am probably going to make some for our ever growing party. We are up to 13 now. Nine of us went to WDW in 2001, and we got so many compliments on the shirts we made for that trip. Routman Dan really did the design for us.

buzz&woody'smom
03-04-2003, 08:13 AM
Hi All-

Good morning. My 5 year old gets up at dawn and has preschool today :) but I can not believe the baby is still sleeping so I am going to grab a quick shower. Hope everyone warms up and feels better soon. TOT the night before sound perfect count us in.

Tiff