PDA

View Full Version : What is the coolest day you have ever experienced?

SandraC
01-21-2003, 09:41 AM
Hi! I used to live in Winnipeg. I remember -40C days! The wind chill was even colder than that! Advisory was not to even go outside! YIKES! S

TimNDansMom
01-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Don't you mean "Winterpeg", Sandra? ;) A neighbour got transferred there and that's what he called it. Too cold for me!!! :eek:

Scratch42
01-21-2003, 11:30 AM
and they are complaining about 40+ in Florida!LOL

Bring it on! Anything is better than what we are having right now!

See you guys on February 9!

I'll try to bring back the warmer weather! Bringing two big suitcases!
One for Souvenirs and one for the Sunshine and Warmth!LOL

TTFN

Scratch
:smooth:

#1 Disney Fan
01-25-2003, 03:07 PM
I've lived here in Winnipeg (<i> Winterpeg ;) </i>) all my life, so I've certainly experienced those VERY cold days.

It was funny in that today didn't feel *nearly* as cold as it has been, and I just checked the weather now and it's a -35 windchill! :p That's pretty bad when -35 windchill feels "not quite as cold" LOL!

TimNDansMom
01-25-2003, 04:07 PM
It's warmer here today ~ -7C, windchill -15C.

I guess it's all in the way you look at it, #1. If -35C windchill is an improvement over what you've been having, I'd say that's cause to celebrate! :eek:

E.Jane
01-25-2003, 04:13 PM
I'm in Winterpeg, and the temp the other day, with windchill thrown in, was -44. Someone mentioned -50 at noon one day, but I don't know for sure.

Makes -20 seem downright balmy, doesn't it?!

SandraC
01-25-2003, 04:26 PM
I remember one November a couple years ago, it was 11C and I was in my shorts! S

SandraC
01-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Oh Yeah, one time when I was a kid (maybe about 11 years old), my younger sister and brother and I were swimming in an outdoor pool in North Carolina, it was 60F outside. Four people walked by and said, "Are you kids from Canada?" We said, 'YES! How did you know?" They just walked away laughing hysterically. My parents had to explain that not everyone swims outside when it's only 60F. "OH" we said.

S

MaMudduck
01-25-2003, 04:35 PM
I use to travel on business to Timmins, Ont. from Toronto, once it was -32*C with windchill -50*C and I wasn't even going at the coldest time year!http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/uhoh2.gif -(me turning into a popsicle)
Then in then later I went to Texas 102*F with a humidex 120*Fhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/flame.gif-hot but loving it.
Talk about a year of extremes!COLD BAD, HEAT VEEEEERRRRRYYYY GOOOD!

pkitty
01-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Hey everybody!!!!!
I spent 5 years in Northern Ontario and I think my coldest day was in Timmins also...I was up there with my daughter for a figure skating competition...it was -42 degrees and sunny... two weeks later I was in the Dominican 104 degrees and sunny....bring it on!!!! Thats how we got hooked on travelling...it always seemed like a luxury but when your living 30 kms south of the Arctic watershed (at that points all rivers flow north) it becomes a necessity of life!!!!LOL:p