PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on the 8/16/03 Magic??

vcasey
01-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Couldn't do a search to see if a thread was started but was wondering who else would be sailing on 8/16 7 day Western cruise?

Also if anyone would be interested in splitting ******** or another towncar pm me. Its just me and my daughter but we have a 12:20pm flight going home so I'd rather feel secure knowing a car will be waiting for me. So if someone's interested, I'd love to save some of the cost.

Hannosmom
01-06-2003, 01:57 PM
My husband, daughter, sister and I will be on the 8/16 Magic.

Sorry I can't help with the ride, we're driving our car from my sister's home (in NC) to Port Canaveral. Can't wait and hope to meet you and your daughter on the ship.

Linda:D

Buckaroo's Dad
01-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Hi Vcasey and Linda. Our party of three - DS10, DM65+ and I - will be on the cruise. We are leaving early on the 15th and plan to stay overnight at the Radisson. At the end of the cruise we have reservations at a resort in Orlando along with tickets for the VIP Tour at Seaworld! Can hardly wait.

Have either of you made any decisions regarding shore excursions? As far as Grand Cayman Island is concerned, we are going to schedule a Stingray City Tour with Captain Marvins. Many Dis cruisers have offered glowing reports of this particular tour. Time permitting, we will also try to fit in another horseback ride on the beach with Nikki.

Hannosmom
01-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Hi Buckaroo's Dad, we will be staying at the Radisson on the 15th also and definitely doing the Stingray City excursion at Grand Cayman. We fed some little stingrays at Seaworld a couple of years ago, so I'm really looking forward to swimming with the big guys.

My daughter swears she will not get off Captain Marvin's boat. We'll see.:)

Looking forward to meeting you and yours in August!

Linda

vcasey
01-07-2003, 08:32 AM
I'm coming in on the 15th too and was debating on whether to stay in Orlando or at the Radisson (the car thing mentioned in my original post will effect that). Anyway I was wondering if Radisson was offering specials at that time?

Also my DD will be 10 was wondering if anyone elses kids would be in her 'club'.

Buckaroo's Dad
01-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Linda - it is nice to know that you and your family will also be at the Radisson the night before our Magical cruise! My son will probably be spending most of his time in the pool. I sometimes think the dear lad would even eat his meals in the pool if allowed!

Vcasey - my son is 10 so he might well be in the same club as your daughter. Does she like tall, shy boys? lol. Would gladly make arrangements with you regarding towncar service, but we are planning to pick up a rental car directly after the cruise. We will, however, be taking whatever service might be available at MCO to the Radisson.

Where are each of you staying onboard The Magic? I tried to book the same cabin we had last August, but it was already taken. This cruise we will be in stateroom 8002. Taking the early seating for dinner.

Hannosmom
01-08-2003, 08:44 AM
Hi again!

My daughter is 21, so no clubs for her, though she probably would enjoy them. My little angel is disabled and still loves to do all the younger kid stuff, but she thinks (and rightly so) that she will still have plenty of fun on board. :D

We are in cabin 7546, right off the midship elevator. We were in cabin 2000 last time, so we were looking to go up and have that "ever so inviting" veranda.

We booked the Radisson last night and the great $79 or $99 deal was not available for that time. But, things might change.

Later,
Linda :D

vcasey
01-08-2003, 09:00 AM
I don't have my ressie handy but I know we're on deck 6 with a verandah I'll get back to you guys. Still trying to decide whether to stay at the airport or go out the Radisson.

Buckaroo's Dad my DD is at age now where boys are still yuck but hey if he's tall and loves to swim you never know. LOL. She wants to be a mermaid in another life (I laughed when you made the comment about if your son could eat in the pool he probably would, so would my daughter) and she's the tallest kid (not just girl) in her class so anyone who comes close to her in height she usually goes up to.

No decisions on excursions yet, I'm a part-time travel agent so I'm trying to book things directly at 'fam' rates and all the calling and emailing takes time. Definitely will be over at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel and we're scheduling the longer swim with the Dolphins directly. I haven't gotten to Key West or Grand Cayman planning yet.

Buckaroo's Dad
01-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Hi Linda. I agree with you about the allure of a verandah. A cabin without one is like a lobster dinner without melted butter! I was going to make an analogy to desserts, but then again yours truly is more an entre person...

If your daughter enjoys shuffleboard and/or ping pong, she is more than welcome to challenge my DS10. Those are two favorite activities of his when I insist he exit the pool for a while in order that his skin reshape itself from "the prune" appearance it takes on.

Hi Vcasey.

my DD is at age now where boys are still yuck

Is that an opinion dictated by age or an insight founded within maturity? lol.

It would be nice if you selected the Radisson, but if you are arriving later in the evening the airport may be a wiser choice. Swimming with the dolphins sounds like fun! Disney had/has (?) a shore excursion where you stand in the water with the dolphins but don't actually swim. I believe it's called the dolphin encounter or something to that effect. Swimming with them would definitely be a thrill of a lifetime. Oh well, there is always our "next" cruise...

Looking forward to meeting you both.

vcasey
01-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Ok now I'm home an could check my ressie. We're in cabin 6078.

Regarding the Dolphins, we wanted to 'swim' which is actually what prompted me to investigate it on my own. Another agent I know did and she said we'll get a whole lot more interaction and playing with the Dolphins for not much more than DCL's excursion and with my agent discount it actually was the same price. Well...except I guess I'll have to pay to get myself over there, but I'm completely psyched to do it, so is DD.

Anyway if either of you decide you want to splurge on the Dolphin 'swim' we can share a cab.

Also I'm still 'investigating' but based on everyone's reviews I'm seriously considering Captain Marvins too.

Hannosmom
01-09-2003, 08:27 AM
LOL, Buckaroo's Dad. Lobster with butter, yum. Now I really can't wait for that verandah. ;)

My DD was thrilled when I read your post to her. She learned to play shuffleboard in highschool. She beat her coach a few times, but I think she also hit him in the shins with the puck thing ( I have never played) so shinguards may be necessary. :)

vcasey, thanks for the info about the dolphin swim. I will have to check it out. Chankanaab sounds good for Cozumel also.

Being a TA, you should be able to get a really good rate at the Radisson.

Later,
Linda

vcasey
01-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Linda, You were right the I did get good TA rate at Radisson. At first they quoted $99 but then when I called again and pushed I got a much better rate. It was better than anything I got at the airport hotels so I think we'll be at the Radisson too.

Won't be arriving until dinner time on the 15th but Buckaroo's Dad if I see a tall blond kid hanging out in the pool I'll be sure to ask if he's Buckaroo.

Looking forward to meeting both of you.

Vickie

P.S. Just found a good site if you're looking for non-DCL shore excursions. www.shoretrips.com (And if you visit and don't mind mentioning Vickie Casey as the agent, it would be nice :D )

Buckaroo's Dad
01-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey Linda, my son and I have already spent some bonding time at our local community hospital's emergency room when my son required eight stitches to close a gash on his chin after falling off his bicycle. According to the dear lad, he lost his balance when "the winds shifted." The accident had nothing to do with the three young girls he was ignoring as they watched him perform stunts on his bicycle... So a black-and-blue mark on his shin from a shuffleboard puck should be of no consequence aboard the Magic. Nothing, at least, that a treat from Scoops can't cure!

Hey Vickie, glad to hear you're going to be at the Radisson the night before. Perhaps all of us can be the first "party" to arrive at the Port for boarding.

I just booked a non-DCL shore excursion for Key West. If either of you, Vickie and Linda, would care to join us you are more than welcome. Please advise over the next several months and I'll change the reservations. We are taking a 4-hour Eco Tour / Dolphin Encounter / Snorkeling / Fishing Expedition with Captain Seaweed Charters. They allow for a maximum of six persons and DM already stated she'd sit this one out. I think she has her sights set on a little shopping spree...

vcasey
01-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Love to plan a mini-meet. We should be arriving around 6- 6:30 and surely needing dinner but later in the evening. Also maybe closer to the trip we should re-bump this post and see anyone else is out there.

I may be interested in the Key West thing, anything dolphins thrills DD. do you have more info on it?? A website or # (so I can check on the TA discount? :D or is it one fare per boat vs. per person) We were also thinking about the dolphin snorkel on that other site I posted or catamaran racing. Both DD and I love sailing but aren't very skilled so we were thinking that we might enjoy the thrill of trying it with pros. Also you mentioned Nicki's in Grand Cayman, I'm having a hard time finding them, I found Honey Suckle riding and saw good reports for them too. Looks like we'll be doing the same stuff in Grand Cayman, we're definitely doing Captain Marvin's and horseback riding if we can squeeze both in, maybe we can coordinate.

Hannosmom
01-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Hi again! Buckaroo's Dad, I can relate to the bonding thing. LOL I have two sons also and it seems boys and emergency rooms were made for each other. Plus they always seem so proud of their "battle scars".

We're planning to take the Trolley tour and do some shopping in Key West, so won't be able to join you on the eco tour, but thanks for the invitation.

Vickie, I'm so glad you got a good rate at the Radisson. Thanks for the link. I haven't checked it out yet, but I'll be sure to mention you when I do.

Would also love to do a mini-meet. I'm sure there will be more people joining the dis-board when we get closer to cruise time. :bounce:

Later,
Linda

Hannosmom
01-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Disney3144, here's the 8/16 thread.