PDA

View Full Version : Attention all 10/12/03 4night Wonder Cruisers! Sign in here!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kamgen
01-06-2003, 01:55 PM
It is 2003 and time to look ahead to our fall cruises! We will be sailing on the 4 nt Wonder Oct 12 and the 7 nt Oct 18!!!!!

We would love to chat with all our fellow Oct 12 cruisers here! Get to know each other and plan to get together! I know it is early, but time will go by faster if we chat here!

Kamy

(and pay no attention to BeanoC.......he's a strange, silly man!)

;)

BeanoC
01-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Count us in ! Me 'n Tarzanman are gonna take the ship by storm... so to speak!

Don't be shy everyone, sign in!! (Just ignore Kamgen, she is a twisted little person with no friends).

Me, DW, DS13 and DD 11 will be there for sure, and the party's at our place! I can't post the stateroom number here though, or Kamgen will know where we are. We must hide from her at all costs. She is strange and troubled... but cute!

'Beano':cool:

kamgen
01-06-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey, don't come here on MY thread and start trouble! :)

Seriously folks, we are a fun group, so let us know who you are! We have cruised DCL before and can answer any questions you might have!

Can't wait to hear from all our fellow cruisers.....

and Beano...mind your manners! :D

Kamy

kamgen
01-07-2003, 09:00 AM
I know it is early, but DIS folks are known for being obsessive planners! Anyone else out there cruising with us??

Kamy :)

kamgen
01-07-2003, 03:12 PM
Guess we are all alone on the ship! LOL!!!!!! j/k

I am just way too excited about a cruise that is 10 months away! LOL!!!!!

Kamy

BeanoC
01-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Kamy - 10 months?? By my calendar it's less than 9 ! You gonna be late, girlfriend! ;)

Do you know how heartbroken I would be if you were not cruising with me?? Not very, as long as I have Tarzanman and a case of beer!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Kidding!!!

So where is everyone???

'Beano'
:cool:

Ethelina
01-07-2003, 09:15 PM
We'll be there!!! I'm sooo excited. I can't stop the planning. I am driving my DH crazy. I talk about it daily maybe it's because I have been on DCL and it's been 4 years ago. Too long!! We have recruited our family this time around. They are all 1st time cruisers on any cruise. This should be interesting but I know Disney will treat us right!

We are a family of 4: myself, DH, DS(7) DD(18mos)
My parents, my in-laws, and my niece and her boyfriend. We have 4 cabins on Deck 6. Last cruise our cabin was on Deck 2. I hope we like Deck 6!! Glad you started a new thread for this cruise I have been watching for one!!!

I am sure I will have alot more questions!!

E :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

kamgen
01-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Welcome Ethelina!!!!!!!! Glad to hear you will be joining us! This cruise is going to be fabulous and please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

We are all crazy planners, already thinking about excursions! LOL!!! Cannot wait to cruise!

Kamy

BeanoC
01-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Just giving my friend Kamgen a little 'bump'!

How was it for you, hun? :bounce:

kamgen
01-10-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks Beano! :D

Starting to think no one likes us :(

Kamy

Ethelina
01-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Hi all!!

Do you know if there is a pull-down bunk bed in Cat:11? Our cabins are above the Buena Vista Theater, any opinions on this location? On our last cruise, we did the Stewart Cove Snorkeling excursion in Nassau. Has anyone done this one recently? Or can you recommend one?

Thanks in advance!!
E

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

kamgen
01-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Hey Ethelina!
I don't think all Cat 11's sleep 4. If you specifically booked one that does, you will have a pull down bed. We had a cat 10 with a pull down this past October and the pull down was great! Your TA should be able to tell you if your room is a 4 person room or not.

Your location should be fine.

We usually just walk around and shop in Nassau, so no experience with excursions from us. We plan to possibly go over to Atlantis this time!

Hope this helped a little!

kamy

Ethelina
01-10-2003, 02:39 PM
I'm pretty sure I let me TA know we needed at least 1 cabin that holds 4 persons. I will double-check that. I'm not sure if I want to leave the ship while in port. Our last cruise was a 4 /nite on "Magic" and I enjoyed being on the ship. Time onboard goes sooo fast!! My DH will probably want to do an excursion!!

Thanks for the speedy reply!!

E

kamgen
01-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Monday morning bumparoo!!!!!! :D

Is it October yet???? LOL!

Kamy:smooth:

BeanoC
01-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Kamy, I found you on page 5 ... :( Nobody loves you.

Either that, or nobody is going on this stinkin' cruise with us!

Your family, mine, and Ethelinas! I guess we got the whole ship to ourselves!!

C'mon, where is everyone???

'Beano' :cool:

kamgen
01-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Either we are all alone or all our fellow cruisers are not here on the DIS!!!!!! OMG......are there actually people who are NOT on the DIS???? LOL!!!! :D

Can't wait till October!

Kamy

BeanoC
01-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Ok, this thread has no business being on page 15 !!!

Our 10/18 thread has started to see some life, so I thought the 10/12 crowd might be showing up now too!!

I am bumping this one back up again to see who's attention we can get! Come on people, this is going to be a fantastic cruise!!
Show yourselves!! ;)

kamgen
01-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks Beano!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see some new cruisers signing in!!!!

timswoman
01-28-2003, 03:12 PM
We will be taking our 2nd Disney Cruise on the 4-night Wonder on October 12th. We are so excited. We are going to do Universal Studios afterwards. Any tips?

tarzanman
01-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Looking good BeanoC!!!

Can't wait till October. Having withdrawls now!!!:bounce: What to do, what to do. Where the heck is everyone? I will be the crazy one dancing by myself.:jester:

Ethelina
01-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Hello Shipmates... I have another question. We are planning 1 nite at WL before heading for Port C on Sunday. Do you know if I can pre-check for the cruise at WL?? I know they let you with the Land/Sea Packages. Glad to see a little more action on this thread...I was "Wondering" about a private cruise for us!!;)

Thanks for the help!!
E

kamgen
01-29-2003, 10:57 AM
I think the only way you can check in at WL is if you have a land and sea package.

Check in at port is a breeze and nothing to worry about! I just suggest you arrive around 11am! :)

I cannot wait to cruise!!!!! UGH!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

BeanoC
01-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Ok, I guess there are other people besides us on this cruise!!!

:) :)

I agree with Kamgen about arriving at port at around 11AM to check in. It's usually quick and easy, and it's a great time for pre-cruise introductions!! Look for us - we're easy to spot. tarzanman will be the guy dancing around by himself, I'll be the guy videotaping him doing it!! And we'll most likely be wearing obnoxious lime-green tshirts. (Kamgen, did we decide to stick with lime green for our theme color???)

kamgen
01-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Beano- lime green is fine with us! I had some ideas, we can chat about later! LOL!!! :)

We will definetly be noticeable at port! The group of us are crazy and easily excitable! LOL!!!! :)

Can't wait to meet everyone and have a great time!

Kamy

Ethelina
01-30-2003, 12:22 AM
We are planning to be at Port C around 10:45-11:00am. I'm going to have to be looking for something in lime green to wear. I think I still have the lime green ribbon from our last visit to WDW. Wasn't sure if it was the right color for the cruise too?

I'm ready to cross off January...come on October!!!!!

E

BeanoC
01-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Ethelina - Just look for 2 people in lime green, acting like they are in charge of the entire port... that would be Kamy and I !!

Or look for 2 very nice people, also in lime green, trying to act like they don't know us... that would be our respective spouses!!

I too am ready to rip January off the calendar... then we can start referring to the cruises as only 8 months off!!

kamgen
01-31-2003, 08:21 AM
Oh come on Beano...we are not in charge of the whole port...just most of it! LOL!!!! :)

Looking forward to October.....crazy to think that 2003 basically just started and I am already ready for October! LOL!!!

Kamy

tarzanman
01-31-2003, 08:36 AM
Ethelina,

We found our Lime Green shirts at Meijer. I don't know if you have one of those stores by your house or not. We tried for weeks to find them. You might have to order some from some website or something. For how many people are looking for them, I should buy them in bulk and sell them on a website.

Ethelina
01-31-2003, 02:05 PM
Hey, That's a good idea!! If you put them on Ebay, we could all bid for them ..LOL.. You could make a little extra for Disney Dollars. I do have a Meijer fairly close & I will check them out!!
Thanks for the heads up.......E

BeanoC
01-31-2003, 05:08 PM
I have my tie-dyed lime green shirt with my name embroidered on it, but I wore that last year... I don't want to look the same in all the pictures every year!! I better be on the lookout for a new one myself. But how can I not wear my Beano/DIS shirt??

Cruising can be so difficult!! ;)

kamgen
02-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Oh Beano---don't fret.......we will all get new lime green DIS shirts this year! LOL!!!!

Cruising is never difficult...except when i am trying to decide what drink I want! LOL!!!!

Kamy

BeanoC
02-03-2003, 01:50 PM
I don't know, Kamy... cruising can be very stressful!!

Should I have the lamb or the salmon?

Should I have a sailaway drink, or a beer?

Should I go snorkeling or parasailing?

Should I watch the sunset off my verandah, or from deck 10?

Such difficult decisions. I don't know if I can handle it!!! ;)

'Beano'

kamgen
02-03-2003, 02:07 PM
You silly man! :)

I say...don't choose----have it all and do it all! LOL!!!!:smooth:

I cannot wait to cruise!

Kamy

kamgen
02-04-2003, 09:26 AM
BUMP! :)

Ethelina
02-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Can anyone answer a few questions about parasailing? And can you share your experience? DH would love to try this on CC. Where do you sign up & what is the price tag?

Thanks in advance!!
E

BeanoC
02-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Ethelina - We parasailed at CC last year, and it was great!

You can sign up for excursions, such as this one, by phone once the cruise is 60 days out. I suggest doing it as soon as you can, because it is a popular excursion and it fills up fast. I also suggest booking the earliest time you can, so it doesn't interrupt your day, but rather leaves all afternoon open for you to enjoy the island!! Ours was at 10:30 I believe. We were back, changed and on the island by noon.

They take 6 to 8 people out on each boat. Once they get out far enough away from the ship, up you go!! Each person takes a turn, of course, but some people go tandem. That was the only boring part about it, waiting while everyone else did it !!

They take you up a couple of hundred feet, and just pull you around for 8-9 minutes. It doesn't sound like a very long time, but it is a nice enjoyable ride. Once you are up there, it is so quiet that you cannot even hear the boat's engine! It is a very peaceful experience. Last year, it cost $70.00 per person.

Email me if you're interested in a copy of our video of the experience!! :)

tarzanman
02-13-2003, 10:09 AM
I guess that no one else is going on this cruise with us. Well too bad for everyone else huh?

BeanoC
02-18-2003, 01:18 PM
Kamy, you don't mind if I give you a little bump, do ya? ;)

8 months from today, this bad boy sails!!!

kamgen
02-18-2003, 02:49 PM
8mths?? Not bad!!!!! I can't wait!

Kamy

BeanoC
02-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Ok, page 8??? I don't think so!!!

BUMP!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We are going to be so bored all by ourselves on this cruise.... ;)

'Beano'

kamgen
02-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Just think Beano...if we are alone...more drinks for us...more food for us.....more fun for us! LOL!!!!

Kamy

Ethelina
02-27-2003, 05:16 PM
Hello All,
It's been a few days!! I do have a question about checking-in at the Terminal. Do they give you a Navigator at check-in or is it in your cabin?? I'm thinking about ressies at Palo's and I want to know where they are lining up for reservations? We did not eat at Palo's on our last cruise & want to do it this time around!!

Get ready to RIP OFF February!! Come on October!!

Thanks!!
E

Ethelina
03-08-2003, 02:15 PM
I think it's my turn to give this a little bump!! I found us on page 11......I'm packed and ready not really but almost:smooth:

I have not been able to put down the DCL PassPorter it's full of goodies!! I would strongly recommend it to first or second timers like myself. I found it on Overstocks.com for $10 + change Shipping was only $1 the day I ordered. What a Bargain!

Have a great day ;)
E

Jumba Jookiba
03-09-2003, 09:17 PM
I just found this site.. I just booked my first ever cruise for the 10-12

I can't wait.. This is going to be so cool :bounce: :bounce:

Ethelina
03-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Wow....This was your first post on this thread!!! I think you will learn alot about Disney Cruising on these boards. I know I learn something knew almost everyday.

Great to have you onboard with us!!
Ethelina

kamgen
03-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Welcome Jumba to our crazy cruise group!!!!
We are really looking forward to this cruise and are glad you are joining us!
If you have questions, ask away!!!!

Kamy

BeanoC
03-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Jumba - Welcome to the DIS boards, and welcome to our thread!

Ethelina is right, you can learn alot from these boards... such as what a crazy group of people you've gotten yourself mixed up with here!

We have lots of fun sharing ideas back and forth together for a few months before our cruise. My DW and I will be on this cruise as well as the 10/18 Magic cruise, along with Kamgen and her DH! (tarzanman). Be wary of him... He's nuts.

Please ask all the questions you can think of - many of us have "been there done that" and we love to talk about it!

Jumba Jookiba
03-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Wow.. Its sounds like this trip will be a blast.

I do have one question..

On the key to the world card.. Is the charges per person or per room.. Cause I am going along with a friend and my sister and I didn't know if all of the charges will be billed to the room or if we get get each card charged seperately..

Thank you for all the help..

Look out Deck 6 here I come..:bounce: :bounce:

BeanoC
03-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Jumba: The Key to the World card is billed per room, however it does show which card was used to make each individual charge, so you can easily figure out who owes what. Our printout last year was 5 pages long by the end of the cruise! :)

You can go by the Guest Services Desk at anytime and get a printout of all your charges, and you can pay it down as you go if you want to. We usually go once a day, and pay it off each time.
Those pictures and Sailaway drinks really add up!!

Jumba Jookiba
03-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Thank you very much.. Looks Like I will be stopping at Guest Services everyday.. :-)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kamgen
03-12-2003, 10:20 AM
Today is March 12....only 7 mths to go!!!!!!!

Kamy

Jumba Jookiba
03-12-2003, 12:46 PM
and counting.. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kamgen
03-13-2003, 11:15 AM
There are some new cruisers on another thread! Hope they join are thread here! :)

Kamy

BeanoC
03-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Well, we will just have to make them aware of it, won't we?? :)

We all know that this is the OFFICIAL 10/12 thread!!

kamgen
03-14-2003, 09:42 AM
Thanks Beano!!!!

The cruise is going to be great and I cannot wait to go! :)

Kamy

FredS
03-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by BeanoC
Well, we will just have to make them aware of it, won't we?? :)

We all know that this is the OFFICIAL 10/12 thread!!

Is he ALWAYS this bossy? ;)

Kamgen, just curious -- what are you doing between your cruises? Going to WDW?

kamgen
03-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Welcome Fred! :)
And yes, Beano is always this bossy! LOL!!!! Just kidding Beano....you da best! :p

We are going over to WDW between the cruises....two whole weeks of Disney mayhem! LOL!!!!Could there be anything better??? :) (maybe three weeks! hehehe)

Let's go! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Kamy

BeanoC
03-14-2003, 02:08 PM
FredS, I am really am not that bossy all the time.

Kamy, tell him I'm not. Tell him right NOW! Do what I'm tellin' ya! ;)

We are going to Epcot in between cruises, and who knows what else! Probably DTD too...

Can't wait !!!!!

kamgen
03-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Okay, Okay...Beano is only Mildly bossy! LOL!!!!! (luv ya Beano!)

Looks like we are getting a great group! The Sailaway party is gonna rock!!! :)

Kamy

kamgen
03-18-2003, 10:04 AM
BUMP! :)

Kamy

BeanoC
03-26-2003, 12:23 PM
I'm bumpin' this back up from page 8!!

It's only 6 months away, people should be getting excited now!

kamgen
04-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Okay everyone! Where are you??????????? Are we cruising with a light crowd on this one???

Come on, sign in!!!
Kamy:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Wishing on a star
04-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey, we are not on this sailing, but I happened to notice two things.... You guys all need to go get listed on the the 'unofficial cruise list'!!! Nobody is listed on there for 10/12 yet!!! Also, on the current thread about DCL cruisers trying Princess, a poster just mentioned that he is planning on sailing on 10/12. So, I thought I would just give you all a heads up.

Sounds like you 10/12 DIS'ers will have one fantabulous cruise! :D

Jumba Jookiba
04-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Where do you get listed for the unofficial cruise list?

buzz5985
04-15-2003, 02:21 AM
Also, on the current thread about DCL cruisers trying Princess, a poster just mentioned that he is planning on sailing on 10/12. So, I thought I would just give you all a heads up.

Too Funny!!! That's me and I'm a she aged 43. Sailing with DH 44 and DS 6. Just noticed this thread. My DH and I have cruised before - but many years ago. Can't wait to try DCL.

kamgen
04-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!! :)

Kamy

BeanoC
04-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Welcome Buzz5985!! Now I won't be the only 40-something in the group! :)

(I can still outlast these young 'uns though!!)

kamgen
04-15-2003, 01:37 PM
Don't lie Beano.....I seem to recall you having more hangovers than us Young uns! LOL!!!

Kamy

BeanoC
04-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Kamgen - Um, I recall the reason you and my DW didn't have any hangovers was... you didn't drink! :)

And how many times do I have to remind you that I was in "Bon Jovi" with a 4-alarm hangover??? That was the day after our night in Cozumel... I felt like I was gonna die. But I was up almost all night anyway! ;) (Quite a display of my intelligence, huh?)

Me 'n tarzanman will keep each other going until the wee hours. Party on, Bubba!!

kamgen
04-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Me not drink????????/ Were you awake in Cozumel???? Did I not do those famous shots and conga line shots and more shots and more drinks????????? And did I not get drunk in your stateroom eating cheeseburgers?????? I drank! LOL!!!! :)

I guess I just handle it better than you! LOL!!!!! j/k

Look forward to seeing you again buddy!!!!!!!!

Kamy

BeanoC
04-16-2003, 12:30 PM
That's just it, Kamy - I WASN'T awake in Cozumel!!! I was in a "walking coma"!

Ah, but the cheeseburgers and beer in our stateroom! Still one of my favorite evenings of the cruise! Rememeber, you guys promised we'd do that again this year!!

LADYnTRAMP
04-17-2003, 07:35 AM
We'll be there too...DD 16, DS almost 11, DH and myself. Had to change from the May 25th sailing due to have to make up snow days and my DD's semester exams being extended. Sailing in October we could afford the upgrade to a Cat 6 from a 10 so we're real happy about that!;) Can't wait!!!:Pinkbounc :p :bounce:

BeanoC
04-17-2003, 11:54 AM
LADYnTRAMP, Welcome to our group!!!

I think you'll enjoy sailing in October - we have always had very favorable weather that time of year. Besides, our friends from Michigan are in better moods, because they are escaping the cold!!!

We look forward to meeting you! :)

kamgen
04-17-2003, 12:52 PM
It's not THAT cold here in October.....but it is cooling off!!! We are happy to be onboard DCL anytime....especially with friends!

Welcome to our group LadynTramp!

Kamy

IvyandLace
04-17-2003, 06:02 PM
*giggle*

Wow!! Sure hope that our plans to cruise 10/12/03 work out...I'd love to meet you guys and join in on the craziness! :p DMom, Dsis and I are tenatively booked for our first cruise with all y'all and will be cruising with a purpose-we are planning a huge family cruise in 2004 and wanted to find out what it's all about! :)

Still working on our iternary but will definitely be spending time at WDW before and after....of course!

Can't wait!
*sprinkles pixie dust around her bathtub boat in a pathetic attempt at cruising magic*

IVY ;)

buzz5985
04-18-2003, 12:46 AM
How is the weather in October??? What's the water temperature like on Castaway Cay??

DH wants to know if he needs a Suit or a Tux. Also he wants a guys opinion of Palo. Is it worth it??

I saw the show the Travel Channel had. The ship looks awesome.

BeanoC
04-21-2003, 11:50 AM
We have always had excellent weather in October! We love cruising then (Ok - we love cruising anytime!!)

Water temp on CC is very pleasant - I'd guess around 76 degrees or maybe a little warmer.

Your DH doesn't need a tux, but many guys do wear one ( I don't !). A nice suit is perfectly acceptable. Isn't it, Kamy? ;)

I am not sure I understand what you mean by a guys' opinion of Palo - the food? the cost?

The food is outstanding, and even that is an understatement in my opinion. As far as the cost, it is minimal. If you were to eat in a restaurant of that caliber elsewhere, a couple could spend 100 bucks easily enough. Palo is more like $25, including tip! (Obviously more if you order wine.)

The Travel Channel show was awesome! But it didn't show you the real "feel" of the ship that only comes from enjoying a sailaway party with your DIS friends!!

buzz5985
04-22-2003, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the reply.

DH will just bring the suit. And as for the Palo question - he is meat and potato type of guy. Nothing too exotic.

you the real "feel" of the ship that only comes from enjoying a sailaway party with your DIS friends!!

We will be looking for - I believe you mentioned - lime green shirts??? LOL Janis

BeanoC
04-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Yes Janis, we are always a sea of lime green at Port Canaveral - can't miss us if you try!!

And Palo is not really a meat and potatoes kind of place, but your DH can certainly get a good steak there. Close enough? It's worth it just for the experience and atmosphere, in my opinion.
We love going there.

kamgen
04-22-2003, 01:39 PM
I eat Chicken at Palo.....I am not a fan of exotic foods either and I LOVE Palo!

This cruise will be awesome....if it would hurry up and get here!

Less than 6mths to go!

Kamy:bounce:

kamgen
04-25-2003, 10:31 AM
Bump!!! Come on guys, where are you??? :)

Kamy

Jumba Jookiba
04-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Comon October..

Jumba Jookiba
04-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Where am I.

I just got back from Disney World.. :-)

:smooth:

One more Trip to go before the Cruise....

kamgen
04-25-2003, 03:34 PM
Lucky Lucky!!!
We are going soon.....yahoo!!!!!! :) :) :)

Kamy

kamgen
04-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Monday morning bump!

Kamy

Ethelina
04-28-2003, 06:37 PM
We are getting close to ripping off another month. Just that much closer to October!!!!

I have 1 question about Palo dress code....I am planning on DH packing a sports code/ shirt & tie. Would he be under dressed?? Our last cruise we did not do Palo.

Maybe I need to plan on a suit???

Thanks for any info,
E

Ethelina
04-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Sorry, That is sports coat!! I have codes branded on my mind.

Ethelina

kamgen
04-29-2003, 09:34 AM
He could wear a sports coat, shirt and tie...my dh did that on our first cruise...now he has a suit...but he doesn't always wear his suit.

Hope that helps!
Almost May....hmmm....gettting closer! :)

Kamy

BeanoC
04-30-2003, 02:31 PM
M-A-Y ... Does THAT spell October?? :)

Oh well, gettin' closer all the time!!

I am ready for a nice evening at Palo. I already ironed my tie and everything!!!

kamgen
04-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Wow, ironed your tie! You must be one classy fellow! Do you wear socks with that too??? LOL!!!!!

We are getting closer! Just not close enough....hey, when do I get my docs, darnit! LOL!!!

Kamy

kamgen
05-01-2003, 10:21 AM
I am starting to think NO ONE else is going on this cruise! Cool! A whole ship with just all of us??? Wait, that would stink! That means all the 'OTHER' people onboard are not DISers!!!! No way man! We need more DIS people....
so get out there you DIS folks and contact DU to book this cruise!!! LOL!!!!!

MO64RN
05-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Kamy,
I actually think you guys have scared everyone off and they have cancelled their cruises. LOL!!!!

We are still thinking about changing from the 7 day 10/11 to the 4 day 10/12. I probably won't know until the end of summer. Either way I am dying to cruise again.

My DD sang with her chorus at Downtown Disney and we got free Tickets. We are going 5/9. Are you guys going to see the mouse when you come to FL in May? Let me know. Maybe we can hook up.

MO64RN
05-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Kamy,
How do you get the info under your screen name in colors like yours is? I can only get mine in black writing.

kamgen
05-01-2003, 02:06 PM
Hey Maureen!!
Yeah, we probably scared them off! LOL!! Well, if you switch cruises, you'll be stuck with us and the crazy Creightons! (ooops, did Beano hear me?? LOL!!! ):bounce: :Pinkbounc

We are going to be in Vero Beach May 25-29 and then over to see the mouse May 29-31!! I cannot wait!!!
What are your plans?

That is awesome about your daughter! Have fun!

Bye!
Kamy

MO64RN
05-01-2003, 02:31 PM
Kamy,
We are actually leaving for our NY trip 5/30. We have a new nephew to see and also some catching up with some family and friends. It has been over 3 years since we have gone back as a family.

So maybe we will catch up with you guys and the "Crazy Creighton's" in October.

Have a great time in Vero Beach. The weather should be great!

BeanoC
05-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Yes, Kamy, I heard you...

And I resemble that remark. :mad:

kamgen
05-02-2003, 09:49 AM
You resemble it????? Yeah, you do! Crazy man! LOL!!! (you know I luv all of ya!) :)

Is it time to cruise....I am so ready!

Kamy

BeanoC
05-04-2003, 03:22 PM
HELP !!! I am stuck at work on Sunday!!!

Can you tell I'd rather be at Palo than here???

(Or Parrot Cay, or Animator's Palate, or...) :p

kamgen
05-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Sorry Beano! :(

I would rather be at Palo any day of the week than here at work! LOL!! :)

Actually, right now it is raining and gray outside...I would rather be on deck 10 laying out in the sun sipping a nice drink.....ahhh....sounds good! Anyone else want to join me in this dillusion! lOL!!!!

Kamy

BeanoC
05-05-2003, 11:35 AM
Kamy - that's "delusion". And YES, I'll join ya!! :p

'Beano'

kamgen
05-06-2003, 05:38 PM
LOL!!!

Bump!
Kamy:Pinkbounc

tarzanman
05-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Beano,

Can you tell me how to get to the Signals Bar? Thanks.

aperfecttrip
05-11-2003, 11:46 AM
We'll be on the Wonder October 12,2003, the second year in a row. Looking very forward to it!!! It will be myself, DH, DS 15 and DD 10 along with a bunch from Ashland, Kentucky!!!

BeanoC
05-12-2003, 11:25 AM
tarzanman - Go to deck 10, jump over the railing and into the pool, swim to the back end and get out. From there, hang a left, walk around the corner, and you'll see a guy wearing a Disney badge. He's a cast member. Ask him where the bar is.

Hope that helped!! :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

'Beano'

kamgen
05-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Silly man! Just look for me...I will be AT the bar! LOL!!!

Kamy

BeanoC
05-13-2003, 12:30 PM
I'll be the dude walking around with a refillable beer mug, looking like a homeless beggar: "Please sir, may I have some more"??

kamgen
05-13-2003, 02:58 PM
I will be the short lady holding two sailaway drinks smiling from ear to ear! :)

Kamy

BeanoC
05-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Ok, then I guess I'll be the guy signing the tag for the sailaway drinks! Maybe Tim can take my beer mug and refill it for me while I am buying sailaway drinks for my women! LOL

kamgen
05-14-2003, 09:53 AM
This sounds great already! Too bad we gotta wait till October! :)

Kamy

BeanoC
05-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Yes, we do have to wait until October to cruise... but SOME people get to go to Vero Beach and MK in the mean time. And SOME people get to spend a week this summer at a beach house at Mackinac Island!

Some people are SO spoiled! ;)

buzz5985
05-16-2003, 01:07 AM
I have a question. How much cash do we need for Nassau?? For shopping?? Will American money be OK, or do we need to exchange it??

I was thinking of booking the Dolphin swim on my own, but my DS is only 6, and I'm leaning towards - he won't even remember it. So has anyone been on the stingray excursion - how's that??

Janis

BeanoC
05-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Monday morning bump... :bounce: :Pinkbounc

buzz, I wish I had better answers for you, but it has been many years since we've been to Nassau, and this year we are planning on making that an "Atlantis Day". As I recall, you do have to exchange your currency when you get off the ship... been a long time though!

So is everybody ready to cruise ????!!!!

tarzanman
05-19-2003, 11:23 PM
They accept US currency just fine. No need to exchange it. If you do exchange it, you might have more problems because most of the merchants would not accept it. You would use US for Atlantis, shopping and eating. I think that the casino exchanges your money for you but I am not sure because we have never been.

BeanoC
05-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Tht reminds me - I need to make a hotel ressie for Nassau so we can have passes to Atlantis. Seems like Comfort Inn is the way to go to do this. Anyone have any input on doing Atlantis this way?

kamgen
05-21-2003, 02:43 PM
That's Beano! Always looking to make another ressie!!! LOL! :)

I have heard Comfort Suites is the way to go...hopefully you can get more info from someone who has done it!

Kamy

BeanoC
05-27-2003, 11:49 AM
This is the official after-Memorial Day-thread-bump...

Less than 5 months, and counting! :) :) :)

aperfecttrip
05-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Yes, you can book a room at Comfort Suites for around $210.00 for 4 people. This gives you access to Atlantis, but you can book the Beach Tower at Atlantis and pay the same rate. This price is for 2 adults & 2 children in the same room, but 12 and up is considered an adult and it is $45.00 additional, per adult. The max is 4 to a room unless you book a one bedroom. This accomodate's 5 but the price starts at $300. There may be a cheaper way to do this, I am checking on something and should have the info by 5/28. You can drop me an e-mail if interested. I would rather get a room AT Atlantis if the price is the same!

BeanoC
06-02-2003, 12:12 PM
Ok, I have another question about our day in Nassau...

I saw a thing on TV last night about Stuart Cove, and saw these people cruising around underwater in these cool one-man subs.
Ok, Beano wants to do that!! Apparently they will pick people up at the ship...

Has anyone been there??

Hey everyone - it's June!! Just over 4 months and we're off.

Can I pack NOW??? :)

takemeaway
06-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Hi Everyone

WE are first time cruisers and going on the Wonder October 12-16. We are from California and are a family of four; however, I am trying to auction the kids on ebay so maybe there will only be two by October.

I am bringing my husband, and 2 sons, 7 and 4...they insisted on coming. I want to experience everything...Nassau Dolphins, Seaweed Spa treatment, Palo Dinner. Thanks to these boards, I have learned so much in such a short amount of time.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on board. If anyone wants the children, please feel free to bid on ebay. There is a no exchange or refund policy and I think in a couple of years the children will be able to wash your car and clean the carpets!!!!

Rose

kamgen
06-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Welcome to our group Rose!!!!!!! We are repeat cruisers and love DCL! Please pm me if you have any specific questions or need help! :)

We are planning to all get together for the sailaway so I hope you will join us! And you can bring your dh and your kids! LOL!!! :)

Welcome aboard!
Kamy

tweetsie
06-11-2003, 09:59 AM
Just changed our reservations from a 3-day in December to 4-day October 12th. A surprise for our DD8. We are not planning to tell her until we get there. She knows we are going to Disney but doesn't know about the cruise.

This will be our 2nd disney cruise.

kamgen
06-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the group tweetsie!!!!! There should be lots of kids for her to hang out with too!! :) We have a great group going so this should be a blast! :)

Kamy

takemeaway
06-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Hey Kamy:

Getting together sounds great. And, guess what? I have a PLAN. We all meet in Beano's room. Since we have a CAT 11 and I am sure Beano has a better room, let's just stay in Beano's room until Beano can't take it anymore and leaves. Then we switch my luggage with his luggage. And TAAAA DAAAA! An unofficial upgrade!

I do have one question for you Kamy? Why do we have to wait 4 months? I want to go tomorrow!!!!!!

kamgen
06-11-2003, 10:57 AM
You are so right! Beano is the best to hang with....tons of fun...and he always brings tons of luggage! LOL!!

We have to wait 4 months cause they won't let us on right now...no docs! LOL!!!

I am ready now too!! I cannot wait to get on the ship and to meet everyone! :)

Kamy

kamgen
06-12-2003, 10:03 AM
BUMP!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

kamgen
06-13-2003, 08:24 AM
BUMP! Happy Friday!

BeanoC
06-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Oh, sure - I go out of town for a few days, and already you're scheming for my room! It's only a cat 4 though. Wait until the following week! :) Woo-hoo!!

Rose - Welcome to our twisted little group! Where in CA are ya'll from? (I like the idea of putting the kids on Ebay; don't know how much ours would bring in though!)

kamgen
06-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Welcome back Beano!!!! you know we luv ya! LOL!!! :)

Well, I don't know...your kids might bring in a lot...they don't eat much! LOL!! :)

takemeaway
06-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Hey Beano:

Bad news! EBay called me and told me selling my kids on their website was illegal. Can you imagine? So, I have decided to sell my leather purse and just add the kids in for a bonus. The buyer won't know until the purse and children show up on their doorstep. Will let you know how this works.

I am in North SAn Diego county. Where are you? We live about 50 minutes south from the "other" magical kingdom, Disneyland and California Adventure. After we get off the boat on Thursday, we are trying to decide what to do (we are staying in Orlando until Saturday). We are going to Disneyworld Thursday night from 7pm - midnight for the Halloween party. However, on Friday we are trying to decide between Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and MGM Studios. Where would you take a 7 and 4 year old? Where would they have the most fun? We have season passes to Disneyland so we don't really want to spend too much time at Disneyworld.

Wow Beano, CAT 4? <gets down on her knees and bows> "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. Beano, you do realize that if we were on the titanic together and my family was in the CAt 11 and your family was in a CAt 4, we would go down with the ship while you would sail away in the rubber raft. Would you at least throw us a life perserver?

I look forward to meeting everyone. And, thanks for the wonderful welcome into your "twisted" group.

BeanoC
06-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Rose: We are in the central valley, near Fresno... but don't hold that against us!

I used to live in Anaheim, however, just a few blocks from The Mouse!

We are also going to the Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom on Thursday night, along with Kamy and her miserable DH. We'll be at Epcot on Friday. As for your question, where to take your 4 and 7 year old...I'd have to suggest Animal Kingdom or Disney Studios. In my ever so humble opinion, I think kids that age would get bored rather quickly at Epcot. Besides, you wouldn't want to run the risk of seeing all of us on BOTH of your WDW days!!

And as for the difference between the cat 11 and cat 4... don't worry. Disney is no longer using locked gates at the stairwells to keep the riff raff away. You can even join us for brandy and cigars now... well, beer and pretzels, anyway.

Git your own darn lifeboat though. ;)

takemeaway
06-14-2003, 10:07 AM
Fresno? OMG. You aren't the house with the old toilet bowl in the front yard , are you? I just love the way you managed to use it as a planter. Great style.

Riff Raff? You know Beano, we have been called many things but never Riff Raff. Well, okay, a couple of times we were called riff raff, but it wasn't to our faces.

Thanks for your advice on Epcot. AS we were reading the material on it, DH and I were thinking Epcot was gonna be a little over the kids heads. Heck , we were thinking it might be a little over our heads.

Why did you move to Fresno? Do you miss Anaheim? I bet Fresno isn't as fast paced as Anaheim. That would be a nice change.

BeanoC
06-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Rose - Actually, I was raised here. I lived in Anaheim when I was finishing my schooling. My wife and I own a business here... and if I'd known then what I know now, I'd have patented that toilet bowl planter years ago and retired. What an inspiration. (By the way, if you can find it on a map, we actually live in Kingsburg, not Fresno!)

If your kids like the zoo, they'd enjoy Animal Kingdom. It's a much slower paced day, and you can easily do and see everything there in one day or even less.
Disney Studios is a great day too, but your kids would still be too little for the best rides in the park, much like taking them to Universal Studios. And although Epcot is our favorite park to visit; again, I can't recommend it for you. Your kids would be bored in an hour... (unless they like foreign foods and good beer perhaps?)

So sayeth Beano, your self-proclaimed DisneyWorld expert. (I'm waiting for Kamy to chime in on this one too!)

P.S. Please don't take the riff raff comment personally. I would never be so rude as to say something like that to nice folks whom I've never even met yet. After we meet and socialize on this cruise, we can exchange insulting nicknames more properly. Like my friend 'tarzanman', with whom I communicated on this board only a few times before our cruise last year, and yet now I can be quite comfortable referring to him as the low-life, dog kicking, boot licking, inbred, overstuffed sack of monkey poop he really is. I mean that in a good way, of course. :)

kamgen
06-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Wow beano, you are just full of insults! :) And who made you the WDW expert of the group??? That would be me...don't deny it! You are so jealous!LOL!! :)

Yeah, i figured you must have a toilet bowl in your front yard since you never invite us to see you in your native land! LOL!!!!! j/k :)

You know Rose is right....you would get a life raft you pompous little man! LOL!!!! Just kidding!!!

This is gonna be a great cruise!

BeanoC
06-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Hey, Kamy - Shaddup.

I would like to take this time to officially welcome "MO64RN" and her clan to our cruise!! She has been unable to post on the boards lately, but I received an email from her and they are definitely joining us. My kids are very excited to be cruising with her kids again... Look out Disney Wonder, here they come!!

(And actually, we don't have a toilet bowl in our front yard, but if Kamy and Tim ever DO visit us, we'll install one just for them. ;) )

BeanoC
06-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Bumpity-bump-bump-bump. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

tweetsie
06-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Can anyone tell what the weather is like on the 4 day during October especially during the second week (temperatures).

BeanoC
06-19-2003, 06:21 PM
We have cruised this same week for the past 2 years, and have had great weather both times. Very little rain, I'd say less than 30 minutes cumulatively all week. Temps in the low 80's, moderate humidity... all in all, very pleasant weather. Can't wait to go back!!

takemeaway
06-19-2003, 06:58 PM
GEEEESH! What is going on with this website? I couldn't get in! I just want everyone to know that I have been refused entrance into better places than this!!!!!!

takemeaway
06-20-2003, 12:58 AM
Okay, me again. What do you guys think about Discovery Cove? Have you ever been there? Will the children drown? Will we go to prison if they do?

I know the 7 year old and I can swim with the dolphins. However, can the 4 year old and hubby still have fun in the fish pools? (notice I am making sure that I get to go swimming with the dolphins. That is the kind of DW I am. Always thinking of ME).

If you have any constructive input, please reply. Beano, notice the word "Constructive" (joking).

Thank you

BeanoC
06-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Ah yes, my reputation for unconstructive advice proceeds me!!

Actually, we went to Discovery Cove 2 years ago, so I can tell you what ya need to know!

The dolphin swim was fun, if a bit overrated. Let me put it this way: It was much less than what I expected it to be, therefore I was disappointed. So just keep your expectations lower, much like my wife did when she married me, and you'll be fine!

Seriously - I had expected a chance to jump in the water and frolic with these beautiful creatures... frolic - that's a funny word, isn't it? Fraw-lick. Fraugh-lique! Um, where was I? Oh yes!

The dolphin portion was said to be about 90 minutes. Sweet!
Actual time with the dolphins? Maybe 20 minutes. And actually swimming with them? Forget it. They tow you in about 30 feet with their dorsal fin, and that's it. And that is really just so they can take your picture with the dolphin and sell it to you for 30 bucks! But there is absolutely no 'free swimming' allowed in the dolphin area.

You spend the first 30-45 minutes watching a mandatory video about the dolphin's behavior, etc. Then you proceed to the water, where you are allowed to go in ankle deep while the trainers work with the dolphins. Then each person in your group gets to touch the dolphin on the nose. Oh boy.

After that, each person individually swims out to the center of the lagoon, and your dolphin pulls you back in. Photo op! It's really cool to do that, but entirely too brief.

Sorry to put such a negative spin on it, but I felt the dolphin portion of the day left much to be desired. It IS a neat experience, but it's very brief and very expensive.

The snorkeling area is, on the other hand, awesome! DS and I snorkeled around the entire thing 3 times and had a ball.

One word of caution - be sure to use the "free" wetsuits! The water is chilly.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day; the dolphin encounter was a bit disappointing, but still nice. The snorkeling was great fun. Our tab for the day? $1,075.00 (4 people) cha-ching!!

Sorry you asked?? ;)

takemeaway
06-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Okay Beano, picture this. I am standing in front of you with a big, beautiful balloon and inside the balloon is my image of Discovery Cove. Now, you come along with a pitch fork and pop that balloon. You are a mean, mean man!

Actually, I think I was the only one that really wanted to go to Discovery Cove. DH said we would have to pay $139 dollars for youngest DS and him to play in the sand. We live 10 minutes from the beach and can do that everyday for free. I think you confirmed what DH was thinking....too much money for what you get.

So now we are looking at the Typhoon waterpark or the Blizzard. Do you know anything about those parks? You can be honest, I won't call you a mean man anymore.

AS for the word frolic? Well, Beano, I have only known one other man to use the word frolic in a sentence and he enjoyed dressing up in women's clothing. Is there something I should know about you?

PS: Your sense of humor is great. YOu are almost as funny as ME!

BeanoC
06-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Popped your balloon, huh? Hey, this mean man just saved you a grand! (And he's not a bad poet, either).

Ok, so now I shall wax eloquent about Typhoon and Blizzzard. Wait, I've no time to wax... Let me just tell you about them.

Blizzard Beach: My personal favorite of the 2. Why? More extreme slides. Slusher Gusher and Summit Plummet are 'da bomb! I believe Summit Plummet is the 2nd or 3rd highest slide in the USA. Scared the Bahjeebees out of me! Beano says 2 thumbs up!

Typhoon Lagoon: A close 2nd, and it merits mentioning that both of my kids AND my wife pick this park over BB. Why? Because they're wimps. Typhoon has more slow slides, plus the wading area, snorkeling area, etc. (Beano is now yawning). Much more laid back than BB, in my opinion.

So, if you want faster "thrill ride" type slides, it's BB. If you want a more laid back day, still with plenty of good slides, it's TL. (Both parks have basically the same tube-floating river, where you casually float around the park.)

So sayeth the Beano. That is all.

takemeaway
06-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the great input. I think you could start charging for your detailed reviews.

kamgen
06-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Beano- LOL!!! great descriptions! Yeah, your family are wimps.... LOL!!! :)

I personally like both of them. TL has a great wave pool, but a bit strong for small kids IMO.
Also look at it this way, if you want more sun and less shade, go to BB. But if you like shade, go to TL...they are very different in those aspects. Plus BB is all stairs...so if you don't like to climb.....

TL is more relaxing.

BeanoC
06-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Well I hope you can all get by without us for a few days. Unless tarzanman is taking his laptop on vacation, we will be sans internet for over a week! AAAHHH!!!

We are on a plane for Michigan on thursday morning... Spending the 4th of July holiday with friends! :)

After that, this cruise stuff gets serious. We have plans to make; we can't be goofing off all the time, for heaven's sake. Aren't you people EVER serious? Sheesh. I get a little tired of all the childishness.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy a new rubber chicken and T.P. a friends' house before Sponge Bob comes on.

kamgen
06-24-2003, 12:31 PM
You gotta love Beano's humor! :)

takemeaway
06-24-2003, 08:20 PM
(Gets off the chandelier after swinging upside down from it. Fixes her hair and puts on her SERIOUS look)

Well, we just got some papers today for the cruise and you will be happy to know that we are no longer "RIFF RAFF" . We went from a CAT 11 to a CAt 9 without any bribes. However, our cabin is located on Deck 2 right under the nightclub. So, that leaves us two options. Either we go up and join the party or we drink heavily so we can't hear the noise. I think both of our options will work out just fine. (Raises her glass) Yes, what I won't do for a porthole!

I will hold down to the fort until you guys come back. It won't be the same without the Kamy and Beano banter, but this thread must stay alive and I am the woman to do it. (Standing with her hands on her hips in her Wonder Woman outfit. You know, this outfit doesn't fit like it used to.)

Have a safe and fun trip.

MO64RN
06-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Hi Guys,
I am back after being shut off the boards for a while for a "cookies" issue.

Any way after much debate we have decided to cruise on the 4 day Wonder with Beano and Gang.

My kids are ecstatic!!! I am also looking forward to a different ship and Itinerary. I am really looking forward to Atlantis. You are right Beano! I picture the kids riding the slides together all day.

Less than 4 months to go. When do we get our doc's?

Beano and Kamy where are you guys off to for the Holiday week?
We booked a room for a few night on Melbourne Beach (right near Cocoa and Port Canaveral) We have never stayed over that way but needed a quick get a way for the holiday weekend. We have one other short trip planned in Sept. to tied us over until the big cruise in Oct. Frank is leaving for San Francisco today on business. He wanted me to come but I had nobody to take the kids.

It's good to be back and I will talk to you all soon.

kamgen
06-25-2003, 09:22 AM
Maureen~ That is awesome! SO glad you are joining us! We don't think we will got to Atlantis...but Beano is! LOL! :)

beano and family are coming to MI for this coming week...they arrive tomorrow!!!! Yippee!!!
We are going to Northern Michigan to visit Mackinac Island, etc....
Should be a great week!!!!

So, any docs yet?? LOL!

BeanoC
06-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Welcome back, Maureen! We're glad you're here, and excited that you'll be on this cruise! My kids are already making a "plan of attack" to execute on board the Wonder with your kids! I am happy for all of them.

We return from our upcoming vacation on July 7th, and we leave for these cruises on Oct. 9th! That's like, 3 months dude! :)

Ok, I am outta here! See y'all in about 10 days. There's a plane to Michigan with my name on it. (Funny looking thing, a plane that says Beano on it... I hope they have good peanuts.)

MO64RN
06-25-2003, 06:10 PM
Have a great week Beano and Kamy. Hope you have some great weather. Talk to ya all when you get back. Enjoy and have a drink or two for me!!!!

kamgen
06-26-2003, 09:00 AM
Thanks Maureen! You all better keep this thread going! Be back online on July 7th!

MO64RN
06-27-2003, 07:03 AM
With Beano and Kamy gone we need to keep this thread alive. Does anyone else have plans for the upcoming holiday week or weekend?

TGIF!!!!!!!!

takemeaway
06-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi Maureen:

My name is Rose and my family (DH, DS 7, DS 4) will be traveling with you and your family in October. This is our first Disney cruise and we are all looking forward to our vacation. How old are your children?

We live in southern California. Where are you located? We will be heading to Santa Barbara and Monterey the week after the holiday. Then, I am going to a convention in Anaheim the week of the 16th. No husband, no children, no whining. Can you say HEAVEN?

WE look forward to meeting everyone. We already got upgraded from a CAt 11 to a CAt 9. I JOKED with my husband that if I sleep with the captain maybe we could get a verandah. He JOKED , "If you sleep with the captian, we will probably get a room below deck with the crew" Oh well, I guess we should just be happy with a porthole."

That's about all for now. I saw that you are heading to Cocoa beach over the holiday. That should be nice getaway for you.
Remember it is mandatory that you "ooohhhhhh" and "awwwww" at fireworks.

MO64RN
06-27-2003, 07:36 PM
Hi Rose! Nice to meet you.
I am looking forward to meeting some new DIS'rs this cruise as well as hooking up with some of those Old farts I met last year. LOL!!!

My dd is 10 and ds 13. This will be our third Disney Cruise. We met Kamy and Beano on last years cruise. Actually, Beano's kids and mine hung out all week and we barely saw them. It was definitely incentive to change our 7 day cruise we had booked to the 4 day cruise. My kids are on fall break that week and we were unable to go the next week that the Beano clan is going.

We live in Central FL not to far from the MK (about 40 min). We transplanted here from NY 9 years ago.

So what kind of convention are you going to? Sounds like fun leaving the 3 kids oops! I mean 2 kids and hubby home. Sounds like my kind of work. Unfortunately I am a nurse and don't get to go on business trips.

Definitely looking forward to our 4th of July getaway. It will be nice as long as the weather cooperates. It is no fun on the beach when it is raining. we haven't told the kids yet. Just in case the weather foils.

Have a nice time on your trip. Looking forward to meeting you.

takemeaway
06-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi Maureen:

I hope your weekend weather is as nice as ours. We were at the beach all morning boogie boarding.

That is so nice that your kids and Beano's kids like each other so much. It really must make it a great vacation for everyone.

Actually Maureen, I am a stay at home mom. However, I am a certified personal trainer and I teach 5 aerobic classes a week. I don't really consider it a job but rather a hobbie. And, I am not the "typical" aerobic instructor. I am over 40, can't remember the last time I was a size 7, and do not smile all the time while prancing around in skimpy outfits. With that said, I am going to a personal training/aerobic convention in Anaheim. I go every year. Fitness professionals from around the world give teaching and training tips. You basically workout for 6-8 hours for three days straight. At the end, you are not only renewed as a teacher but also as person, a mother and a wife. And, of course, you can't walk for a week.

I know quite a few nurses. Your profession is very admirable. Do you work a lot of nights? I know in California the pay is fantastic. Some women I know only have to work a couple days a month to get the extra income they need. How long have you been in the profession? Do you still enjoy it? Is it hard always dealing with sick people?

Do you take a cruise every year? I hope to do the 7 night cruise next year. IT seems like there are not only more islands to see but more things to do on the ship. We thought the 4 night would be a good place to start to see how the kids do.

MO64RN
06-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi Rose!
Well that is great you are a personal trainer. I recently had one myself 3 days a week for a few months but have now cut back to 1x/week. I still work out though 6 out of 7 days each week. Enjoy your convention/vacation from home.

I have been a nurse for 18 years. I work in an Ambulatory Surgery Center so no nights, holidays or weekends which is awesome in the nursing profession. I work on average 2-3 days a week. The pay here in FL I am sure is much lower than CA. I know when we moved from NY I took a huge pay cut (over one third) and I would bet that CA is pretty comparable to NY. It is all relevant though because it is less expensive to live in FL than in NY or CA.

I do still enjoy my work and luckily where I work now the patients are not very sick.

We have cruised in 2000, 2002 and now in 2003. I would like to make it a yearly tradition. My kids have a break in the fall each year and it ideal because the rates are usually lower. I am not sure if we will cruise Disney next year because after this cruise we will have done all of their Itinerarys and the Entertainment doesn't change much from year to year. Don't get me wrong I love the Disney Cruise and am actually afraid to try another cruise line but on the other hand I don't want to take the same vacation year after year. Hopefully, Disney will wise up and change some of the long running shows as well as the ports of call.

I was not impressed with the Western cruise ports. Key West was too hot and there was not much to Cozumel. We actually never stopped at Grand Cayman last year. I liked the Eastern because the ports were more appealing to the eye and the shopping in St. Martin was awesome. I will also take Castaway Cay any day of the week. You will love it there.

You will have a great time on the cruise especially since it is your first. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. Your kids will also love it. They are a perfect age.

takemeaway
06-29-2003, 02:58 PM
HI Maureen:

Eighteen years as nurse. Wow! At 20 years don't they make you a honorary doctor? It sounds like your have the perfect nursing job for a mom.... no nights, no weekends, 2-3 days a week.

Where in NY are you from? Do you still have relatives there? Do you go back and visit often? I am originally from New Jersey. We moved out to CA when I started high school. I have relatives in Westfield and Toms River. My brothers just went back last month after 20 years. It rained the whole time. They enjoyed their visit but were very happy to be home.

Okay Maureen, so next year when Beano emails you and says, "C'mon and go on a cruise with us and our kids," you are you are gonna tell him, "I can't because I have to do something different on another cruise line." Is that your story? This from a woman that changed her whole vacation plans to travel with Beano and his kids. I will have to see it to believe it.

Actually, I understand about wanting to change your vacation and do something different. It makes sense. It is funny but I read that most people liked the western cruise better than the eastern. I don't like heat too much so Key West doesn't sound that much fun to me. I think I will just have to tell hubby we have to go on both so I can decide which one I like better!

I do have a couple of questions for you. Everyone is saying that the "water shoes" are a must. We are at the beach a lot and I have never worn water shoes. Is the sand different on the islands? Do you bring water shoes? Also, what about the water temperature. I was at the beach yesterday and had to wear a Body Shirt because I was freezing. Is the water warm at Nassau and CAstaway CAy?

That's all for today. We are headed out to a birthday party. And, guess who is gonna be there? Are you ready? SPIDERMAN! CAn you not have a good time with Spiderman prancing around in tights? The kids are so excited.

MO64RN
06-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Hi Rose!
I don't know. I could end up on another Disney cruise next year. I don't think so though. The main reason I changed this year is because I really didn't want to do the Western 7 day again. The week my kids are off that is the itinerary. I am also not sure what Beano has booked for next year but I can't take my kids out of school for a full week. I did the first cruise and regreted it very much. Now my kids are much older and have much more school work now. So if we stick to cruising in the fall, I would really like to try the Brand new RCCL Mariner of the Seas which will make her maiden voyage this November. I have heard a lot of good things about RCCL and with that ship right out of Port Canaveral it will be so convenient plus save us a whole lot of money on air fare.

I am from Long Island originally. We moved here 9 years ago. We were just up visiting the first week in June and only go up every few years. It rained the who time we were there as well. We still have lots of family and friends all around the tri-state area. In fact I have a good friend of mine who owns a business in Westfield. She lives in New Providence.

As far as water shoes, I have never had a need for them. The sand at CC is white sand. I recall the water temp at CC being pretty good. I needed to get used to it a few minutes but after that it was fine. Bear in mind I a Floridian who keeps her pool heated to 90 degrees in the summer. What can I say the blood gets thin down here. As far as Nassau? I don't know I have never been there. But I sure it should be fine there as well.

My job is pretty ideal for a working mom. The only bad thing about it some mornings I start very early (6 am) The older I get the more I want to sleep.

So what do you do for fun Rose? Any thing exciting going on in CA. My brother lives in CA near LA. The only time I was ever in CA was during an 8 hour layover at LAX on the way home from our Hawaiian honeymoon. That was almost 15 years ago. As you can imagine. I didn't see much.

tarzanman
06-30-2003, 09:28 PM
That is enough of the nurse/personal trainer talk. This is a DCL chat room. Don't think that just because we are on vacation in northern Michigan, that you can just take over these posts. Remember that Tarzanman and Beano are always watching!!!

Tarzanman
BeanoC
Kamgen

takemeaway
07-01-2003, 12:34 AM
HI Tarzanman and Friends

I hope your vacation is going well and you are drinking heavily for all of us.

It says in the official DCL Cruise Line Forum Rule Book that "if a person is on vacation having a great time, they have absolutely no say what the people at home talk about to entertain themselves" You can check it out for yourself but it is rule number 98 in the handbook. Would I make this up?

Hi Maureen

When are you guys leaving for your trip, Thursday or Friday? How is the weather? Is it cooperating? Have a great time!

MO64RN
07-01-2003, 08:32 AM
I thought you all wanted us to keep this thread alive. Stop bothering us and get back to your vacation Tarzanman!!!

We are leaving on Thursday Rose. It poured here yesterday afternoon. Typical FL weather. I am reading on line 30 percent chance rain. I will take that. It would be unusual for it to rain the entire day. I'd better knock on wood though..

takemeaway
07-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Have a great weekend Maureen. I will talk to you when you get back.

takemeaway
07-03-2003, 04:26 PM
HAPPY JULY 3RD!!!!! You know what time it is? It is Margarita time!!!! (boy that sounds corny)

Ethelina
07-03-2003, 07:30 PM
We are at the 100 days mark!! Can we start singing 100 bottles of beer on the wall?? Hee Hee

I'm getting sooooo excited.
Hope everyone has a Happy & Safe 4th of July!!!

E

takemeaway
07-05-2003, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone.

Jumba Jookiba
07-05-2003, 04:44 PM
99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall

Keep on Counting :-):smooth:

Ethelina
07-05-2003, 06:58 PM
....take one down, pass it around........:o

Can't wait to make it to 1 bottle!!
E

Ethelina
07-06-2003, 11:02 PM
98 bottles of beer on the wall.................:o

Maresean
07-07-2003, 06:32 AM
My husband, son (age 2) and I will be on the Wonder as the last parts of our Land/Sea Vacation...We are staying at the Poly from 10/9 - 10/12 then boarding the Wonder....I've been planning this since 9/02 and am sooooo excited!! I can't say the same for my husband....He's not crazy about theme parks but is looking forward to the cruise!!

kamgen
07-07-2003, 07:38 AM
WE ARE BACK!!!!
Actually, we just dropped Beano and his family at the airport and I am back at work....
We had a wonderful time and I already miss my friends......but the good thing is that i know I will see them in about 3months! :) :)
Still, I miss them now! :(

Thanks everyone for keeping the thread going.....looks like a great group of cruisers!!!!! We are going to have a blast!

BeanoC
07-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes, we made it back from Michigan! What a wonderful 10 days with Tim and Kamy.

Maresean: Welcome to the boards, and to our group! We also stayed at the Poly last year before our cruise, and LOVED it. Unfortunately, my DW fell in love not only with the resort, but the tropical motif, which she now wants throughout our entire house and yard! It has proven to be one seriously expensive Disney vacation! ;)
But it is a fantastic resort. (The Poly I mean, not our house!!)

Well, 3 months and counting until we can all sail away together. And when I see my man Tim, I am buyin' him a beer and huggin' his wife! :)

MO64RN
07-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Welcome back everyone. We are back from our weekend getaway as well. It is somewhat depressing as we had a fantastic time and beautiful weather.

I am getting excited now for the cruise. We have a few mini trips planned in between so I am hoping the time will zip but then slow once we start the cruise because I won't want it to end.

TTFN

Maresean
07-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Thanks Beano! We are so excited looking forward to the trip...Even my 2 year old says we are going to see Mickey, Rolie Polie and Bear in the big blue house....I know he has no idea how magical it really will be! I can't wait to see his face!

I'm a little nervous about the cruise ship and exactly how I am going to try and relax with a 2 1/2 year old....but, It's better than being home right? That's funny about your wife and the decorating...Once I get something in my head, I'm the same way!! You should see my water garden!! I'm so glad I found this group..No one around here understands how we are counting down the days!! Marianne :Pinkbounc

kamgen
07-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Any docs yet??? LOL!!! Just kidding! :)

Marianne~ You are in the right place! We all understand....I have been counting down too!! Only 13 weeks from Sunday we will be getting onboard! Wahoo!!!

Maresean
07-09-2003, 05:31 AM
I've been extensively planning since last October!! I have touring plans, PS reports, pack lists...Crazy huh? And this is our first time at Disney World.

I have a question for anyone. Delta changed our flight home after the cruise from 2pm until 6:15pm. (surprise, surprise) Anyway....I heard we'll get to the airport around 10am or so...Now we'll have more time to kill than before....What do you think about a day at Universal Studios? My son will be 2 years 8 months old when we go....He loves Shrek and Barney and ET so I thought that might be fun.

Any ideas? We are staying at the Poly for the 1st 3 days of our vacation and will have gone to MK, AK, and MGM already. :confused:

kamgen
07-09-2003, 08:50 AM
I think it may be hard to make it worth it since you wouldn't get there right at opening and then have to leave by 3:30 or so to get to the airport....just a thought. But then a few hours may be enough time for your son.

You could go to DTD and do some shopping, etc. If you are taking the DCL bus it will all be different, but with a car your opportunities are endless.

BeanoC
07-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Marianne - the same thing just happened to me yesterday: our airline changed our return flight from 1:20 PM to 5:30 PM!! :mad:

So now I am trying to figure out what to do with those extra hours. I do NOT care to spend them in the Orlando airport!
I don't feel it's enough time to merit a trip to Universal Studios or a Disney park, but like Kamgen said, maybe DTD for lunch and shopping!

We leave 3 months from today.... I'd better go pack!

kamgen
07-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Hey Beano! Don't you worry about that extra time! We will come up with something...unless you are sick of us by then! LOL!!!!

BeanoC
07-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Sick of you by then??? I'm sick of you NOW!! :p

Only kidding! You know I luvs ya.

If I didn't know that you guys have to head back to Michigan, I'd be planning our Saturday together already! But that's ok, we'll figure something out. Maybe we can take a cab from the port to DTD, then have our limo pick us up later at one of the bus stops at DTD??

Suggestions anyone?? We have from about 9AM to 2PM on Saturday after the cruise...

kamgen
07-10-2003, 08:41 AM
The plan is set....we are staying in FL until it is time to take the Beano to the airport! There....no arguments! You know me, anything to stay in FL just a little longer! :)

Can we expect our docs any day soon????? LOL!!

BeanoC
07-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Sounds good, Kam! Where you taking me? Huh huh huh???

With Bubba U-turn behind the wheel, we could end up anywhere!

If we don't want to go back to DTD, maybe we can go to one of the resorts, go swimming, have lunch and then head home!

Anyplace Disney is fine by me!

kamgen
07-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Sounds good Beano! You know me and Disney.....do we really think there is anywhere else??? LOL! :)

Okay everyone.....we need to buckle down here....it is almost time! LOL!!! i am so anxious! :)

kamgen
07-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Friday bump!!! :)

tarzanman
07-13-2003, 09:14 AM
More time with Beano and his family sounds great to me! :)

kamgen
07-14-2003, 09:35 AM
me too! :)

BeanoC
07-14-2003, 11:30 AM
Sheesh! Haven't you 2 had enough of the Beano Clan??

You know you don't have to take our sorry butts to the airport, but my family and I do know the drill for getting into your van! We are well practiced.

Got any good ideas for saturday morning yet?

kamgen
07-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Nope, not sick of you yet! LOL!!! :)
We have so much fun together, I doubt I could get too sick of ya! :)

Saturday, hmmmm.....lots of options! :)

tarzanman
07-15-2003, 04:49 PM
I think that on Saturday we should go hang out at the Poly or the Contemporary, mainly because we could hang by the pool why my DW and Beano's DW and daughter go shopping (like they always do). What do you think?

BeanoC
07-15-2003, 06:26 PM
Tim, stop making suggestions that cost me money, dang you!

Although, I do like the idea of a relaxing half-day of swimming at the Poly before the looooong flights back to the west coast. I hate that part. Maybe we should just move to Florida!

Hey... moving to Florida! You ever thought of that, Tim? Kamy? ;)

tarzanman
07-16-2003, 12:03 AM
The thought never really crossed my mind. I will have to think about that one. Any location ideas?

MO64RN
07-16-2003, 06:24 AM
If you guys move to FL just think of all the money you will save on your cruises with the FL resident rates....... Plus the real estate market is booming here. Time to buy now while interest rates are low.

kamgen
07-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Maureen, You are so right! I think Maureen is on to something! LOL!!!
I can be packed as soon as I get the word! :) LOL
Hmmmm......might take a few months to get things settled here...but I am ready and willing to make sunny FL my new home! :) (the resident rates are a nice perk too!)

MO64RN
07-17-2003, 06:08 AM
oh! Did I forget to mention the sunshine and the beautiful warm winters here?

It is truly a great place to live.

Did I say sunshine?????? LOL just trying to rub it in.

Oh and I can see Mickey anytime I want.

MO64RN
07-17-2003, 06:11 AM
I almost forgot to mention... We are going to Blizzard Beach Tommorow...........

kamgen
07-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Thanks Maureen....rub it in....
Oh well, MI summers are nice too....we have nice places here...just ask Beano :)

then again.....we don't have the mouse...damn!
:p

MO64RN
07-17-2003, 12:29 PM
I am sure MI is beautiful. Never been there though. But I do know you had a brrrrrr! cold winter

kamgen
07-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Yes we did....brrrrrrr is not the word for it! LOL!!!
I am looking forward to some FL sun! :)

MO64RN
07-19-2003, 01:02 PM
We had a great time at BB yesterday. The weather was perfect and it did not storm until nighttime. But oh my aching feet and legs.

KAMY,
We booked a weekend at DVB for August. We have never been there so I was wondering if you had any tips or suggestions like where to eat? what to do? etc.
Thanks.

buzz5985
07-21-2003, 01:31 AM
Would my DH and I be abandoning our child if we went to the Atlantis Casino, and left DS in the Kid's Club. Do the beepers work this far?? Just wondering if others do this.

Janis

kamgen
07-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Maureen,
Vero is awesome! The pool is great! :)
I would relax a lot! The pool slide is on of our faves. The restaraunt there, Shutters, is good.
We also like Capt Hirams. In the lobby is a big book of local places and they will give you a map with the places on it!
Have so much fun! I am jealous again! :)

MO64RN
07-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the info Kamy. I am looking forward to it. I have always wanted to go there and have always tried around Easter time. It is just too expensive that time of year.

Janis,
How old is your DS? Would he not enjoy Atlantis? DH and I got fed up with our kids after doing an excursion on our first cruise in St. Thomas.Right after the tour we marched them back on the boat and into the Oceaneer's club for the day. They were 7 and 10 at the time. DH spent the day sleeping in our cabin and I went shopping by myself. I am not sure if the beepers would reach because I don't know the proximity of Atlantis and the port where we will be docked. You might want to post that question on the main board.

kamgen
07-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Enjoy Vero Maureen! I cannot wait to see you! :)

TiggerMegz
07-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Hi! I'm going on the Oct12 Disney WOnder Cruise with my Mom, Dad, and 11 year old brother. I'm a 16 year old girl ;) and I was wondering if anyone my age was going. i would really like to hang out with a guy/girl my age on the cruise. :) Post back if you have any kids my age (or if you are my age lol) Thanks! :)
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

LADYnTRAMP
07-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Bumping for my DD. Thanks!;)

MO64RN
07-23-2003, 05:24 PM
It seems a lot of people on these boards are getting upgrades!!! Hope that is the case for us.

I need and upgrade but the doc's would be fine for now. I am getting really excited about this cruise.

kamgen
07-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Hey Maureen! We are in a cat 11 and would love an upgrade, but no big deal if we don't get one! (still would love it! :) )

I am so excited about this trip and seeing all of you again! :)
Let us know how your VB trip goes! :)

BeanoC
07-24-2003, 11:26 AM
I don't think I'll get an upgrade either, since I purposely downgraded already. Oh well!!

Let's just cruise baby!!!

kamgen
07-24-2003, 12:12 PM
I am so ready...is it time yet?? LOL!!!!

MO64RN
07-24-2003, 06:45 PM
You mean no CAT 3 for Beano? No Wine party? Boo hoo!!!What did you downgrade to?

We also booked a Cat 11 Kamy.(we usually have a 10) But it is on a GTY (no room assignment) I am really hoping for an Upgrade. I am still praying for the FL res rates to kick in and if they do we will probably go with a verandah or 2 cat 10 rooms. Do you believe it will cost about the same? I am leaning more toward the two rooms. It will be nice not to share that small room with 4. Not to mention a little more privacy for me and my DH. Keep your fingers crossed.

I am really looking forward to Vero Beach now. We are going for Frank's Birthday. We also have a mini trip planned for Sept. and then we all know what Oct. will bring. I am getting psyched.!!!
Hope those Doc's come soon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting everyone I haven't met.

BeanoC
07-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Maureen - Yes, sorry... no wine party in our suite because... we ain't got no suite! :(

We (I ?) decided to downgrade to a cat 4, since it's only a 4 day "PAR-TAY" cruise, and we won't be in our cabin much anyway. Not to mention a pretty significant savings!

We have another cat 3 suite on the 7-day cruise to follow, and we'll have another party that week!

Champagne and cake this year, vs. the wine and cheese from last year.

The kids can't wait to have fun again with Andrew & Ro! They're ready NOW!

Come to think of it, so am I... ;)

Maresean
07-25-2003, 05:57 AM
We're in a Cat 6 and only because while my son's napping, I do NOT want to be cooped up in a room with no balcony!! I want to get the fresh air, drink a glass of wine and maybe read a book (unless of course I can drag my husband away from the pool to join me!!) I'm so excited I can't wait! We will be ready for the relaxation I'm sure after 3 days at the parks!!

:Pinkbounc

MO64RN
07-26-2003, 07:59 AM
I have to say I am a little dissapointed there will be no party at Beano's this year. I am also assumming there will be no DIS brunch either? How about a sailaway party?

We are getting psyched. I almost can't think of anything else.

BeanoC
07-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Sorry, Maureen. I guess we COULD have a party at my place, but it would be pretty cozy! ;)

No DIS brunch, cuz they don't serve brunch on the 4 day cruise...

But yes, we will definitely have a sailaway party!! Same plan as before, I think. Deck 10, port side, right after the lifeboat drill.

Right???

MO64RN
07-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Now you see I didn't know there was no brunch on the 4 day. See what I get changing from the 7 day to the 4 day. No Brunch!!! See what I am gaining though? I get to see you all again. Gee,I imagine it is much harder to get a Palo ressie for the 4 day? Does anyone know or have any suggestions how to guarantee one? What else will I be missing on the 4 night other than 3 extra nights?

Definitely count us in for the sailaway party. We will be there with bells on.

BeanoC
07-26-2003, 04:20 PM
Maureen, we definitely plan to make our Palo ressies ASAP after boarding. We plan to go the last night; do each dining room once, then Palo.

What else are you missing, you ask? 3 days!! :p

MO64RN
07-26-2003, 04:53 PM
You are gonna make me cry. I might have to switch back to the 7 night. I still have time ya know.

But, I would never disappoint our kids.

BeanoC
07-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Come on Maureen, do both with us! :)

I am sure there are still staterooms available on the 10/18 eastern... But are you ready for 11 days of Beano, Renee, Tim and Kamy??

I didn't think so. I wouldn't be either.

Wait a minute! I am spending 2 weeks with Tim and Kamy. Oh, Lord help me.

'Beano' :cool:

takemeaway
07-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi Everyone:

If we are on Deck 10 for the sail-away party, won't my kids feel a little left out if they aren't on Deck 9 with Goofy and Mickey? (I know, I know, there will be more than one "Goofy" up on Deck 10, but they will want the orginal Goofy). I assume Deck 9 is very crowded during the sail-away party, but I think we might have to be down with the action.

Whatever we decide, I just hope you guys on Deck 10 do not spit on us on Deck 9. If you are gonna throw a drink at us, please make sure it hits us so we can still get some alcohol out of it.

Thanking you all in advance

MO64RN
07-27-2003, 08:08 PM
I don't know Beano. Frank says we can go if you are paying. So since you invited us I am sure that is the case.LOL!!!!!

Actually, I cannot take the kids out of school and DH cannot miss 2 weeks straight at work. But I, on the otherhand am free. Perhaps I will stow a way in Beano or Kamy's room. LOL!!!

The only good thing about going on the 4 day as opposed to the 7 day is I will gain half the weight- only 5 pounds instead of 10.
All joking aside hopefully only 2.5 instead of 5 lbs. I really can't eat like that for a whole week. But I do like to get my money's worth.

tarzanman
07-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Spa ressies are harder to get on the 4 night as well. There are just less days and the same amount of people. Beano and I will be probably be in line to make Palo ressies while Renee and Kamy head to the spa.

BeanoC
07-28-2003, 09:39 PM
So are we gonna skip the embarkation buffet and go straight for the ressie scramble?

I gotta eat to keep up my strength, ya know.

xoxoangel
07-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Hello all,
I just had to cancel my 7 day FTP. Sad, I know but I've decided to join you all. This is my DS 12 and my second cruise. Can't find a better place to travel alone with my son. Do I really have to go when they page me? Oops I lost my pager in the rainforest. :smooth: I can't wait to meet everyone. There's no place like the DIS.
See you soon , Angel

takemeaway
07-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Welcome Angel:

We are thinking about taking the batteries out of our pagers and just telling the counselors, "The pager didn't seem to be working." Probably can't get away with that excuse more than once or twice.

I think Maureen and Beano have children around your son's age. I could be wrong but that rarely happens. ;)

Looking forward to meeting you.

Rose

kamgen
07-29-2003, 08:46 AM
Beano- you can eat when the ressie scramble is over! In our experience, we are done in just a few minutes anyway.....just makes it easier to sit and relax once all that is out of the way! :) But again, it is up to you! I just gotta get my spa ressies...and Palo ressies go REAL fast!

Welcome to our group Angel!

:)

BeanoC
07-29-2003, 05:54 PM
I know, Kamy, I am just messing with y'all. ;)

I usually go to the buffet with my family, get them situated, and then off I go! Then after I have the ressies I need, I come back and rejoin them and EAT!

I think we'll do Palo on Wed. night. Not sure about the spa...

Welcome, Angel! :)

Rose is correct - Maureen and I have kids close in age to yours.
Um, wait - not Maureen and I together! Let me rephrase! (Sorry Maureen!)

Maureen and her husband have 2 great kids; DD 10 and DS 12, I believe. Right?? Or are they 11 and 13 now? I assume they age every year like ours do...

My lovely wife and I have two rotten kids as well. Our deranged daughter is 11 and our insufferable son is 13.

The four of them have cruised together before, so they are "seasoned" Disney cruisers as well! I know they would enjoy having your son join them in their escapades.

Later this week, they are predicting it to be August. If it's true, then we are just over 2 months from sailaway!

MO64RN
07-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Wow, this is the most activity on this board in one day since we decided to join you folks!!! Com'on Let's get the party started!!!!

I can't believe all of the activity while I was working my %#@ off! While most of you were still in bed dreaming about Disney cruises, I was up (4AM) getting ready for work. That would be 1am your time Beano. You probably weren't even asleep yet.

Welcome to our group Angel. As you will soon see, some of us are sane and some are not. We all know the ones that are not. Right guys?

Beano, if I may correct you? DD will be 10.7 and DS will be 13.8 when we sail October. I am sure Angel's DS would like to join the group. I think my kids won't even make it to the Oceanear Lab this time. DD already informed me she probably would not need new shoes this cruise as they are not needed for the stairwell games.

Man, I will be bummed if I don't get any Palo's ressies. At this point I don't care what night it is as long as we go. Anyone know if the dining rotations are in the same order on the wonder? I guess we will have to get to the port early. Maybe if I see those nuts in the lime green shirts and Goofy hats they will let us cut. I bet they will be there by 8am. You think so?

August is literally around the corner. My kids are back in school Monday and I can't wait. Final payment is due soon and before you know it the doc's will be here. Let's just hope those 4 days are the slowest days in the next few months so we can savor every moment.

xoxoangel
07-29-2003, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! My son and I can't wait to join the fun.
Maureen, I have to ask what are stairwell games?

Can't wait to meet you all in person
Angel:Pinkbounc

kamgen
07-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Hey everyone!!! This is gonna be a great cruise! I am really looking forward to meeting all the new people and spending time with my friends!! :)

Beano- since we want spa and Palo, Tim will go right to Palo ressies and then me to Spa ressies...we usually then meet in the room and drop off our bags then off to the buffet! :) It really happens fast! ;)

I am so excited...it is almost August!! And we leave for FL 10 weeks from Friday! (but who's counting! :) )

BeanoC
07-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Angel: "Stairwell games" is a term the kids came up with last year, in reference to their running up and down the stairs, basically using the ship as their own private hide-and-seek venue.
They had a blast and never really cared to go to the club or lab. They had more fun just roaming the ship, swimming, eating pizza and being kids! We are SO glad that Maureens' family will be on the cruise with us again, so the kids have each other to run around with.

As for the adults, (using the term loosely!), we had our own stairwell games. Tim, Kamy, Renee and I could often be found climbing one staircase or another, using singing show tunes as a group, and laughing our butts off! People would stare at us like we were crazy. But I make no apologies for having a good time on vacation! :)

kamgen
07-31-2003, 08:47 AM
I think our stairwell games sound way more fun......;)

tarzanman
07-31-2003, 12:53 PM
Actually Kamgen,

You are wrong. I usually run to make Palo ressies and meet you in the spa. I prefer to set my own time for my Spa Taster. I can't wait!!! :bounce:

kamgen
07-31-2003, 01:07 PM
my apologies to the master! LOL!!! j/k :P

That is mainly because the spa usually takes longer! :)

takemeaway
07-31-2003, 09:22 PM
Okay, although you didn't ask for it, here is my take on the Palo and Spa reservations.

I think that those of you that have cruised before should just step aside and let those of us who have never cruised have your reservations. AS a matter of fact, I think it would be a great idea if you even paid for the a massage...just to show that you truly are great , kind, and generous Disboarders. This way, those of us who have never experienced the wonder (no pun intended) of Palo and the Spa can feel its magic. And, you would get the satisfaction of seeing people enjoy themselves thanks to your kindness.

(Ducks before something is thrown in her direction)

kamgen
08-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Ummm, nothing to throw, just saying no.... LOL! That rhymed! :)

We will gladly help you out to get ressies! Best bet is to get them right away! :) No worries...just get to the port early, get in the line and be ready to scramble! :)

BeanoC
08-01-2003, 11:27 AM
I hate waiting in line to board... that means I can't beat everyone to Palo for ressies!(Or wherever they're taking them). But even when we board early, they are not open for ressies yet anyway.
But at least I can be first in line! And I just luuuuuuv standing in line!! That's the best part about going to WDW or Disneyland! ;)

Hey look, everyone: It's August! Then comes September, then...

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

kamgen
08-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Well from my experience, the time listed in the Navigator for when they start ressies is not always right....that is why we like to go straight there and make sure.......

Lines are fun.....we are in one right now....the calendar line...is it OCT yet?? :)

BeanoC
08-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Absolutely right, Kamy.

I got our Palo ressies about 20 minutes before official 'opening' time last year.

So the old saying is true: The early bird gets the chicken cordon bleu... with asparagus, potatoes, a fine wine, and dessert.

I think that's how that saying goes, anyway.

MO64RN
08-03-2003, 02:42 PM
No upgrade for us. Just checked with DU to see if we had a stateroom assigned yet and we did.We are on Deck 6. So I guess its a Cat 11 for us unless the FL rates kick in.

takemeaway
08-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Okay, all you seasoned cruisers, I have a couple of questions.

First, where do you make Palo reservations? One of the Navigators we read said DEck 3; however, the restaurant is on Deck 10. Do you have to get a Navigator to find out where they are taking reservations or is it in the same place everytime...Deck 3? Also, when do we get the Navigator? Is it only in the room or can we get one when we check in?

Second, do you they sell coffee lattes on board and where can I find one or two or three? I am not a morning person so I want to know where I will be sending my DH. (shhhh, don't tell him)

That's all for now.: ;)

kamgen
08-04-2003, 08:51 AM
Well, the Palo ressies are taken wherever the Navigator says...some cruises have been in PALO and some in one of the clubs on deck 3. You will get your Navigator at the check in at port, so no worries there! :) Plenty of time to read through it and highlight the important things while waiting in line! :)

As for Latte's, none that I know of in the past, except at PALO for dinner you can get specialty coffees....rumor is there will be a new coffee house on the ship after Dry Dock.....but no one knows!

Anyone know better than this??? Thanks!

tarzanman
08-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Beano,

At least this year you can wait in line with me!!! Ha ha!!! It only takes a second.

kamgen
08-04-2003, 10:53 AM
The only thing I can see that would change our plans is if we were onboard first....since ressies are usually taken around 1:30pm (meaning be there at 1pm) if we are onboard between 12-12:30 we can grab a quick bite to eat before we head to the ressies.....
Food will always be there, so I want to make sure we get our ressies....they go so quickly on the 4night! :)

BeanoC
08-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Kamy, are they doing the same dry-dock renovations on the Wonder? I thought that was only on the Magic. Makes sense that they would do it to both ships, though...

I dunno about the latte, Rose, but we always have a carafe of hot coffee brought to the room every morning. It is SO nice to sit out on the verandah with that first eye-opener!! Some mornings on the cruise are harder than others for getting the eyes open, if you get my meaning.:o Bloody Marys work too though!

kamgen
08-04-2003, 11:53 AM
No, I just forgot which post I was on....LOL! I forget which ship is going into Dry dock! LOL!!! All I can think about is sailaway drinks! I am losing it! LOL!!!!!!

Sorry for any confusion!

takemeaway
08-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the information. You guys really are pros.

I do not like plain coffee but hubby will love a carafe of hot coffee. For me, I have to have a "foo foo" coffee drink. Because Disney does not sell lattes (which surprises me because they would make a fortune on them) that leaves me only one other choice. Bailey's and coffee every morning. Yes, if you see me a little too happy in the morning, just remember it is NOT my fault. I would have had a nice latte but Disney left me no other options!

Thanks for your help.

BeanoC
08-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Kamy... did somebody say "Baileys"??

This oughta be a fun crowd... ;)

'Beano'

kamgen
08-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Yummmm.....Baileys...forget the coffee....LOL! :)
Actually, a nice hot chocolate with Baileys will suit me just fine! :)

Rose- if you like Baileys, one of my favorite cruise drinks is a BBC....banana bailey colada! YUM!!!!

Cannot wait to go!
Edited to not offend Rose! I love all my new DIS friends and am having a typical Monday! Sorry! LOL!

BeanoC
08-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Kamy, Loretta is on the OTHER cruise... that was Rose who mentioned the Baileys! Having a little of it at work today, I assume? :rolleyes:

Me luv ya.

kamgen
08-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Okay Beano! I went up and edited it!

Sorry Rose! My mistake! I forget where I am most of the time....two cruises is so confusing! LOL!! :) Hope I did not offend...... :)