PDA

View Full Version : January 18 Magic

Rikersmom
01-06-2003, 07:28 AM
Here and there I spot a post from someone who will be on the January 18 Western, but I haven't seen a thread about it. Did I miss it?

My husband & I are veteran Disney cruisers. This will be our first Western--we were booked on one in the fall, but hurricanes caused us to miss the usual Western ports of call.

Looking forward to Captain Marvin's and seeing those fantastic sting rays.

Any other couples or families?

Maureen J
01-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Hi there. DH and I will be on the cruise with our 3 year old. We are really looking forward to it. We are travelling with friends who have a 5 year old daughter and also our of our mother and MIL.

We've been on the eastern cruise twice and this is the first time for the western cruise. I can't wait to go. We are going on the Friday before and staying over at the Hyatt at the airport. That way we'll be fresh on Saturday for boarding!

See you there!!!

Maureen

Barnsquad
01-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Hi Everyone! Our family including our 10 year old son and 11 year old daughter will be there along with another family of friends who are traveling with their 12 year old daughter.

We did the Eastern last feb and loved it & had to do the Western this year! We all are also flying in night before and staying close to airport at Courtyard. (Thanks to our friends on the Dis board we got a great rate via priceline & our airfare we grabbed on Southwest was a steal as well!!)

We'll try and spot you all on the first Disney bus!

Have a safe trip to Orlando!

The Barnes & Shaw Families
Connecticut

diathoney
01-06-2003, 12:20 PM
We will be on the Jan 18th Western too. My family is DH, DD (9 11/12) and DS (8 5/12). We're part of the DDL group that is sailing.

For the DIS folks, is anyone planning on wearing lime green - ribbons/shirts/shorts? There are 2 other Jan 18th threads, but I haven't seen any mention of trying to get DIS people together.

Diana

magic cruiser
01-06-2003, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone ! Not to long before we board the Magic ! My husband and I are cruising with our 8 1/2 yr old grandson, Nick. This ,too, is our 1st western cruise on the Magic. But have sailed on the eastern and also a 4-day. Nick is very excited about the activities in the Lab and making some new friends ! We'll be at the Raddison the night before. I'll wear my green ribbon in the cruise terminal, look for me ! We have 1st ( main ) seating, our cabin is a Nav veranda on 7. We are doing the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel and may play mini golf and shop; in Grand Caymen we are doing the Capt Marvin's Sting Ray City 11:15 tour. Have you started packing ?? I'm going to try to pack light this time, like just one dressy dress, and maybe 3 pr of shoes instead of 6 ! SMILE !! Just 10 more days ya'll !:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bengals01
01-06-2003, 01:33 PM
my husband and me will be there 1/18, this is our 9th disney cruise and 1st western, can't wait,

diathoney
01-06-2003, 03:16 PM
I don't have a lime green ribbon, but I do have some lime green shorts! They're hard to miss!

On Sunday we'll do a quick Key West tour. DH and I have been there many times. The kids want to see the treasure museum - but they're not into bar-hopping yet. :p DH and I want to be back on the ship in time for the NFC Championship! Go Bucs!!

We also have the main seating. We're on Deck 6, in a veranda room. We're going to Stingray City with NativeWay in GC.

We're planning to snorkel at Chaakanaab Park in the AM, but we're going to mini-golf in the afternoon. After snorkeling all morning, I'll be ready for some cool sangria and shade.:smooth:

azreial
01-06-2003, 10:58 PM
I'm going on the Jan 18. Its our first cruise. It will be me, my sister and our boys (3 & 4)

lpursell
01-07-2003, 01:41 AM
azreial, There will be 6 adults from my family and my 4yo grandson. He'll be in the same group with your boys. See ya soon!

rae519
01-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Rikersmom -

I want to come and be table mates with you and "Rikersdad" again!

Love,
Michael and family

Rikersmom
01-07-2003, 10:45 AM
We had such a great time on our last cruise. Wish Rae & Michael could be with us this time.

I'll be wearing a lime green ribbon most of the time--I have one tied to my lanyard.

Just booked the 11:15 Captain Marvin's tour, so maybe we'll be on the same boat as some of you.

Karen

diathoney
01-07-2003, 05:52 PM
We finally received our documents today! I can't wait to get home and go through them! This makes it real. In less than two weeks I'll be enjoying the warm sun and fun!:bounce:

magic cruiser
01-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Rickersmom : I'm excited to know someone on the 11:15 Capt Marvin tour . We'll have our 8 1/2 yr old grandson with us. I'm not sure about the sting rays, but I hear Capt M's tours are the best...see you there ! Just 9 more days ! I hope we have good weather and everyone stays well ! Wish your buddy Rae was on the cruise too.I always enjoy her posts.

azreial
01-07-2003, 10:20 PM
is your grandson getting excited, my nephew wants to go now!!
Originally posted by lpursell
azreial, There will be 6 adults from my family and my 4yo grandson. He'll be in the same group with your boys. See ya soon!

lpursell
01-07-2003, 11:34 PM
No, he's more excited about the airplane flight and Disneyworld, probably because he's already been to Disneyland and knows he likes it.

I was kinda bummed today when I read about the current cruisers not being able to dock in Grand Caymen. I hope we have better luck!

arlenerose
01-08-2003, 04:22 AM
DH and me are on the 1/18 Magic with the DDL group. Got our docs today and we are soooo psyched!

We are doing the Conch Train on our own, Nativeways Stingray and maybe Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel. We are so looking forward to the stingrays in Grand Cayman, I'd be bummed if we can't tender in.

Not long now!!

Arlene:Pinkbounc

Rikersmom
01-08-2003, 06:34 AM
I have such mixed feelings about the stingrays. We were booked on the western in September, and it took me a long time to get up the courage to book Captain Marvin's. (I'm still not sure that I'll be getting into the water--I may just enjoy them from the boat.) Anyway, due to hurricanes, we were re-routed and never made it to Grand Cayman.

I have two friends on the current cruise. One of them was planning to snorkel a shipwreck--I hope she wasn't too disappointed not to make it.

I just need some sunshine!

Magic Cruiser--I look forward to meeting you and your grandson. Our friend Michael (Rae's son) was such a delight on the September cruise.

Arlenerose, What is the DDL group?

Karen

Maureen J
01-08-2003, 06:38 AM
Hi everyone! I booked our excursions last night. We are going on the Conch trolly or train in Key West, the land and sea island tour in Grand Cayman and the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel. Our friends are going on the Atlantis submarine in Cozumel, but since our son won't be 4 until May, he's too young for it. It has something to do with the depth the submarine goes to and possible ear damage in children under 4.

After reading that the boat missed Grand Cayman this week, I've got a question. It tenders into Grand Cayman. Does it tender into Cozumel or pull into a dock? Also, when you get to Cozumel the night before at 10:00 p.m., are people allowed off the ship? Not that I'd be getting off the ship at 10 p.m. with a 3 1/2 year old anyway, just curious.

I took the suitcases down the other day. I can't wait to fill them and get on our way!!!

Thanks.

Maureen

thebecka
01-08-2003, 06:58 AM
:bounce: I'm so excited I can't stand it. I've been planning...okay, okay, I've been obsessing about this cruise for so long and I can't believe it's almost here! I just found out last night that I got a new job and they want to send me to training but guess what...it's in Orlando next week. So I get to fly down Tuesday night...YES! 3 extra days in Disney alone...aahhh what a start to a Magical vacation. Too bad for DH he has to travel with DD alone...tee, hee, hee. No really I'm going to miss them next week but what an exciting couple of weeks this is going to be. Looking forward to see everyone on the ship. I don't have a lime green ribbon but I'm sure I'll run into many of you on the trip. Last year someone recognized my name on the Avis shuttle...not too many Becka's from MD. Oh well, off to work to give notice. :smooth:

Rikersmom
01-08-2003, 08:36 AM
Becka--

Wow! Is your training at WDW?

I was once on vacation with my husband, and he had to return early for business. I had two days solo--it was so peaceful, and I got to do all the things that I like but that he doesn't care to see--mostly stage shows.

See you real soon,
Karen

diathoney
01-08-2003, 08:40 AM
I would love to go to Disney solo. It would be wonderful to be able to go slowly and look at everything without my kids or DH telling my to "come on, it's this way":)

azreial
01-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Oh we're not going to disneyworld, thought my sister is thinking about trying to squeez it in friday. I really don't think we are going to have time to thought. We went to diney on ice xmas week and the kids have pretty much been excited since then.

I know we are really looking foward to going to GRand CAymen, hopefully the weather will be better when we go :fingers crossed:
Originally posted by lpursell
No, he's more excited about the airplane flight and Disneyworld, probably because he's already been to Disneyland and knows he likes it.

I was kinda bummed today when I read about the current cruisers not being able to dock in Grand Caymen. I hope we have better luck!

arlenerose
01-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Karen,

DDL= Disney Dollarless website and fun-loving group of Disney people. This is their first cruise. We have 15 cabins and about 35 adults and kids.

Check out the website

disneydollarless.com (http://www.disneydollarless.com)

We will be on Deck 10 for the Sailaway Party in white t-shirts. Look for us!!

Arlene:Pinkbounc

thebecka
01-08-2003, 11:58 AM
The resort is supposed to be within a few miles of the parks but I'm not sure I'll get to see the parks until after the cruise.
I am looking forward to the quiet time alone before the trip. DD is really upset cause she's a momma's girl...she'll be fine I'm sure. DH on the otherhand will need a padded room by the time he gets to the ship. LOL

newtodisney
01-08-2003, 01:48 PM
I know Captain Marvins will refund our deposit if we don't tender in Grand Cayman, but what if we do tender and the weather is bad, or the seas are rough and going out on a small boat no longer sounds like a good idea? How much notice do we have to give to cancel?

lpursell
01-08-2003, 02:28 PM
newtodisney, We're going on Capt. Marv's 10-1 snorkeling excursion. I asked when we booked about bad weather and the e-mail reply was that if there was a lightening storm of course we wouldn't be charged but light rain doesn't cancel the excursion. My family is really looking forward to Capt. Marv's because it's the only excursion we have planned.

golfmom
01-08-2003, 03:15 PM
My DH and I will be on the 1/18 Western. We have grown children who are bummed that we are leaving them home, but we're celebrating our 32nd anniversary and my 51st birthday. Went on the Eastern last year and it was WONDERFUL. Hope to see some of you on board!

Tink2002
01-08-2003, 04:03 PM
golfmom, You sound like that TV commercial where the grown son is pouting because his parents are going off to WDW without him (Hahaha). I love it.

I just wanted to say Congratulations :Pinkbounc on your Anniversary and your Birthday. What a wonderful way to celebrate!

DH and I are also in the DDL group on this sailing. I hope we run into you onboard.

Rose

lpursell
01-08-2003, 04:27 PM
golfmom, you sound like us! It's our 35th anniversary trip. We're taking the family because we had an unexpected windfall and are able to do it. We're 6 adults with my 4yo grandson. I love children but read the post the other day about kids running in the hallways and being really noisey. Then I remember reading a number of posts about where the quietest rooms are and am starting to worry that this might not be a very relaxing cruise. We really didn't have much choice because I wanted to cruise out of Port Canaveral because of WDW. Only Disney and Carnaval have cruises leaving from Port Canaveral at this time. I was reading the cruisecritic.com boards and the word "drunk" came up a lot in regards to CCL and I decided Disney was more our style. It sounds like there are a number of adult couples without kids who enjoy DCL, I sure hope we do.

golfmom
01-08-2003, 05:34 PM
I don't remember lots of noise on our cruise last year. I think the kids were too worn out to be running up and down at night! (I know I was!) We took our older kids (22 and 20) on the Wonder in December of 2001 and they loved it. Next year we want to celebrate New Year's 2003 with them on the Magic.

lpursell
01-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Glad to hear the noise wasn't a problem. See ya soon! Linda

BriarRosie
01-08-2003, 06:42 PM
I see that Diana already posted about the DisneyDollarless group invading. :p

Just look for a bunch of us on Deck 10 during the sail away party. You can't miss a lot of people wearing the Fab Five customized tshirts from The Disney Catalog. They say:

DisneyDollarless "Magic"al Cruise
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean
January 18-25, 2003

That will be us. :smooth:

This is my 8th cruise, but my first one with DCL! I'm excited!

diathoney
01-09-2003, 08:51 AM
I hope we (the DDL group) won't be a noise problem this cruise! ;) Other than howling at the full moon I think we'll be a well behaved bunch. I have to be careful not to embarass my kids!

Diana

magic cruiser
01-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Who's leaving a week from tomorrow ( Fri ) ? Anyone staying at the Raddison with us ? We're into single digits now !!! I pray that everyone has a safe flight and stays healthy ! Hope to run into some of you !!:) :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hopkins
01-09-2003, 09:58 PM
I'll be wearing a lime green (DIS colors) short sleeved sweater with black shorts, so don't be afraid to introduce yourself. Hubby and I will be looking for the bunch on deck 10 at the sailaway party.

Tina :)

d'Isigny
01-09-2003, 10:20 PM
We are traveling with a group of 13

4 grandparents

2 familys

(Us) Nan and I (41) with our 3 DD's 2, 5 & 8 (all will be 1 year older 2 months after we get off the boat).

(Great friends) Steve-Rhonda with DS 8 & DD 6

...anyone else dreaming of, "laying on a hamock in Castaway Cay - looking for a Mickey cloud - and collecting little paper umbrellas"?

Kevin

diathoney
01-13-2003, 09:11 AM
Weather for Saturday is predicted to be 58 degrees! Brrr. I'll have to swap my lime green shorts for jeans. I don't have any lime green jeans so a ribbon will have to do.

I can't wait to sail to warm weather!

Tink2002
01-13-2003, 09:17 AM
You may think 58 is Brrr, Di, but it sounds pretty good to me. I'm breaking out the shorts and suntan lotion.

It's 27 here today and with the wind chill it feels like 14. The forecast for Saturday is a low of 7 degrees -- now that's Brrr!

See you Saturday!

Rose

Maureen J
01-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Its supposed to be really cold here in NY all week too. 58 sounds pretty good to me too!

We're leaving on Friday morning and there's a possibility of some snow! I hope if we get anything it starts after we take off!

See you all on board!!!!!!

Maureen

lpursell
01-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Sounds cold to me! We're having weather in the 70s. At WDW it's supposed to be in the mid 60s. We're leaving tomorrow morning so I'll see ya all on the ship. Any special place or time to get together?

arlenerose
01-13-2003, 10:55 AM
Since I am almost all packed and ready to go with nothing to worry about, they forecast snow for Friday in NYC. I can only hope for adusting. We are leaving from JFK on Friday AM on American.

Maureen where and when are you flying out?

Arlene

Maureen J
01-13-2003, 12:13 PM
We're leaving out of JFK too. We're flying on JetBlue and our flight leaves at 10:45 a.m. I really hope the snow turns out to be nothing more than a dusting too.

I'm almost packed too. We're all anxious to get on our way!

See you there!

Maureen

azreial
01-13-2003, 09:20 PM
i'm with Tink on this. I am also in MA and it is so cold here I thought my hands were going to fall off Saturday. Right now I think 40 would be warm
Originally posted by Tink2002
You may think 58 is Brrr, Di, but it sounds pretty good to me. I'm breaking out the shorts and suntan lotion.

It's 27 here today and with the wind chill it feels like 14. The forecast for Saturday is a low of 7 degrees -- now that's Brrr!

See you Saturday!

Rose

diathoney
01-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Now they're forecasting 55 for Saturday. It's going the wrong way!!

Freeport is expected to be a "balmy" 66.

We're adding jackets, sweaters, jeans and sweatpants to the pile of clothes - looks like another suitcase.

thebecka
01-14-2003, 09:46 AM
I'm leaving today for MCO. My sales meeting starts tomorrow...I'll try to work some pixie dust in between sessions to warm up the tempratures. Everyone have a safe trip down and I'll see you there. I'm hoping hotel has free internet access so I can check back in and give pixie dust progress reports. See you Saturday!! :wave:

flutter
01-14-2003, 09:41 PM
I leave out of Providence on Friday at 11:30 flying SWA anyone else going out of Prov.?

Tracy

/

azreial
01-14-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm leaving out of good old logan :D Friday 8 something AM. I can wait to get out of here. It was 16 when I left for work this morning

flutter
01-14-2003, 09:53 PM
I live on the Cape so it's about the same distance from Providence and Logan and I like Providence airport much better so I am flying out of there. I also got a good price on the airfare on SWA. It is 15 degrees right now I can't wait till Friday!!!!:cool: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :smooth: :smooth:

azreial
01-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Plus I'm sure it is much quicker to providence, not having to deal with the 93 traffic. We're flying Delta.
I can't wait until Friday either. Today was my last day of work!!! Now I can cram 3 days worth of stuff to do into 1 day, but I will all be worth it. Especially when I'm sitting in the sun thinking about how next week is supposed to be even colder than this week.
Originally posted by flutter
I live on the Cape so it's about the same distance from Providence and Logan and I like Providence airport much better so I am flying out of there. I also got a good price on the airfare on SWA. It is 15 degrees right now I can't wait till Friday!!!!:cool: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :smooth: :smooth:

diathoney
01-16-2003, 08:34 AM
I DID have all my clothes picked out for the week, but with the cooler weather I'm having to go through and change it all. Argh! It took me a week to figure out what I was taking the first time - now I'm down to 2 days! I should just throw everything in a suitcase and forget about choosing!

thebecka
01-16-2003, 11:01 AM
DH & DD are going to fly this afternoon to beat the storms. Today the weather is absolutely beautiful and not a cloud in the sky! We broke from our training to watch the shuttle take off and it was an amazing thing to witness. I'm sending pixie dust and prayers for all who are going to travel in the next two days to Orlando. I can't wait to see you on the ship!! :wave: See you soon!!

diathoney
01-16-2003, 02:39 PM
OK, my weather panic is over. I went shopping today and bought some capris (very long shorts) and t-shirts with 3/4 length sleeves. Still tropical, but warmer than shorts & Ts.

CKay
01-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Here in Michigan it is very hard to find summer clothes or cruise wear now. All the stores are still filled with clearance winter clothes. Very frustrating because the kids have virtually outgrown what fit them last summer. Oh well...looking forward to flying out tomorrow..we're staying at the Hyatt before we board on Sat.

CKay