PDA

View Full Version : DISMEET for WONDER 1/26/03, who's in?

Scratch42
01-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Well I know I will constantly run into mickeymom629 'cause we'll be neighbors!

And looking forward to meeting Minybear!

And since someone mentioned DisMeet, let's have one!

Any suggestions? How about during SuperBowl!

Scratch
:smooth:

Minybear
01-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Hello Scratch42.

Dismeet I Wonder who mentioned that :).

Looks like I am in. I want to meet my good friends and the other Dis people on this board.

Scratch42
01-05-2003, 05:13 PM
when you don't keep up with the boards! I missed something.

Just toooooooo excited!LOL

Scratch

mickeymom629
01-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Hi you all!

I am late dinner seating, so I think we are missing some of Super Bowl. Aren't you guys going to be at the port early??? Listen, if I can't meet at the "meet" I'm going to describe my family and there's no way you can miss us if you see us. Well, maybe you could (we're not bizarre) but we are distinct. :cool:

Anyway, we're planning on being at port by 11:00 and it sounds like there'll be plenty of time to "meet". Don't have anything lime though. :rolleyes:

Scratch42
01-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Hey Mickeymom629,

Both Minybear and I have DCL transfers and won't be able to get to the port until much later! If the times are correct, I don't leave CBR until 11:45 a.m.! I can't remember the time for Minybear but I think hers is around 11:15 a.m.

We'll figure something out by then!

Scratch

mickeymom629
01-05-2003, 06:35 PM
You guys definitely plan something that you can do. But let's think of where I can meet you at another time (by the pool, walking on deck 4 (I plan on doing that everyday after breakfast),
having a glass of wine SOMEWHERE! :teeth: later in the day!)

Scratch42
01-05-2003, 07:33 PM
I vote for the meet with a glass of wine!

But where and when?

Scratch
;)

mickeymom629
01-06-2003, 04:39 PM
I'll be bringing wine, so you can come next door, we'll pour a glass and then go to a good place to meet!:teeth:

Let's think about this; it's not so much the place that's the problem, it's the time.

Scratch42
01-06-2003, 06:54 PM
DD knows now! She is looking forward to meeting her!

PS How do you peel a child off the ceiling?LOL

Scratch

disneylover5
01-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Well, I am back to the boards. My family and my best friends family (10 of us in total) can not wait 2 more weeks.
Mickeymom, we hope to be at the dock by 11am. I still hope to get to the Disney store.....but my life has been crazy. I will e-mail you!

Let me know where you all will meet.

Disney753
01-11-2003, 10:06 AM
There are 6 of us....Disney friend, her daughter and sn in law and there two children. I belive I am the only one out of the 6 of us that is on this board. I would love to meet..I will also becoming fron the DCL bus and I dont really know what time but am coming from POR......I will also be attending the return cruisers party am planning on doing Discover Atlantis tour and Sanctuary Bay. I am on deck two...let me know where to meet. Just think two weeks form tomorrow we will be on the ship yippeeeeeee.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DisneyDuo
01-11-2003, 10:06 AM
We haven't really gotten to know anyone on the boards, but we'd love to! Let us know time and place and we'll be there.

mickeymom629
01-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Disney Duo and Disney753 - are you late or early seating? What floors.
We are still trying to figure out where and when to meet! Mostly, when!

mickeymom629
01-11-2003, 05:19 PM
I meant, what floors are you on?!:teeth:

Disney753
01-11-2003, 08:05 PM
I am on the late dinner seating

mickeymom629
01-12-2003, 07:48 AM
We are late seating too. How old are the two children you are coming with? Mine are DS15, DS13, DD11 and DS81/2.

Disney753
01-12-2003, 10:39 AM
They are 2 and 4...one of them has a birthday the day we sail but i dont remember which one. are we going to wear line green anything so we can spot each other...i have done that several times in the parks and have had sucucess about 50% of the time
last time I sailed on 3/2001 Magic ....I met lots of people but none from the Dis board...in fact two of the couples one fron NJ and one fron Florida have remained friends and we all met for a few days in WDW in 2002. One of the coulpes is flying into fla for a magic cruise the day i leave fla (2/7) so we are meeting for lunch at DTD before I fly out. Just think 2 weeks from today I should be on the DCL bus heading to the ship..it is so emotional as you watch the video on the bus then just as it ends you go over a hill and there is the ship...made my eyes water ...see you soon

mickeymom629
01-12-2003, 05:18 PM
just to see what you will. Anyway, DISNEYLOVER5 said that she thought a good meeting time and place would be around 5 near the Mickey pool (after everyone clears out from the sail away party, I guess). What do you think, everyone?

Lime green?! I forgot and, believe me, I don't have ANYTHING with that color:rolleyes: so I'd better write that down as another thing I need to buy!:teeth: (Shopping is one of my favorite things to do)

Cindy(Disney753, that is), Disneylover5 is also on your floor.

Scratch42
01-12-2003, 05:49 PM
So do we meet at the Mickey Pool Now?

I will wear my Lime Green Socks so you can't miss me! It's a good thing it will be dark by then!LOL

Scatch

mickeymom629
01-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Who will try to be there? I think the thought is immediately after the sail away party, whenever that is. Disneylover thought 5. Believe me, I am not the expert, but I DO want us all to say hello as soon as possible. Where were you all going to try to be during sail away? In the middle of the action? Above it? Below it? Getting a massage and escaping from it?;)

mickeymom629
01-12-2003, 08:27 PM
Who will try to be there? I think the thought is immediately after the sail away party, whenever that is. Disneylover thought 5. Believe me, I am not the expert, but I DO want us all to say hello as soon as possible. Where were you all going to try to be during sail away? In the middle of the action? Above it? Below it? Getting a massage and escaping from it?;)

Actually, I'm just hoping that I'm not seasick DURING IT!
:teeth: :teeth: :( :teeth: :(

Disney753
01-12-2003, 10:44 PM
If I remember correctly the party was on till after five...be prepared one of the most touching things is when you pull out and they toot the horn which plays when you wish apon a star...many watery eyes...very emotional...dont go out and buy something lime green just get a lime green ribbon and pin it to your shirt. Several years ago my mom made us buttoms in a craft class that said(Disney 753 on a lime green back ground) and hers said Disney 753's Mom......we use to travel to Disney together and made 30+ trips together to WDW and DL. we were suspose to go in 2001 on the Wonder cruise but she died unexpectly on 7/2000 and she never got to cruise. So in 2001 I took my niece and we went on the 7 day Magic in memory of my Mom.:p Well keep me posted on our meet I wonder if we should narrow it down a little and say front, back, left or right of the ship....it is way bigger then you would think.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

mickeymom629
01-13-2003, 05:57 AM
Since you have cruised before, you would know best. How about right after the party on, say, the 7th floor secret deck? Is that pushing it?

Disney753
01-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Sounds good to me how many of us are at first dinner seating?

disneylover5
01-13-2003, 05:56 PM
So are we on for the 7th Floor deck and not the Mickey pool?
Were is the 7th floor "secret" deck???

Disney753
01-13-2003, 06:10 PM
I think if everyone wore a lime green ribbon we could do this almost anywhere.......on the Magic the pool was covered and it was like a dance floor ...there are lots of people for the sail away party and very busy. If we all want to meet there we could say on the left/right or top/bottom of the pool...if not deck 7 is fine. I think there are 6 different groups of us...and I dont know how many total. Maybe we should see how many of us there would be.
Disney753 thats me:) has 6 anyone else with count

disneylover5
01-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Disneylover5 has 10...don't think all would come as there are 4 teenagers in the group....oh my

Scratch42
01-14-2003, 08:05 AM
There's me and DD11.

I don't have a ribbon but will wear Lime Green Tank (socks during our trip to the Wonder!) and my Dis Pin!

See you all soon!

Scratch

DisneyDuo
01-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Hi All - there's just two of us - we're celebrating our 25th Anniversary!

We have early seating for dinner.

Minybear
01-15-2003, 09:46 AM
DisneyDuo

We will be there (husband and I) and we will be celebrating our 27th anniversary. Really our anniversary is tomorrow (Thursday) but we will be celebrating it on board.

We also have early seating for dinner.

DisneyDuo
01-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Congrats, MinyBear! Given how long most marriages last these days, it's really something to celebrate ;-) Our actual anniversary was New Year's Day, but we had to wait a few weeks for the cruise. We are planning to go to Palo's on the last night of the cruise for our "official" celebration. Can't wait!

See you on board - just a few more days!!!

Disney753
01-15-2003, 05:31 PM
I think I got id down
Name floor seating how many port by

Minybear early 2 dcl
Scratch42 2 dcl(cbr)
Mickeymom629 late 5
Disneylover5 2 10
DisneyDuo early 2
Disney753 2 late 6 dcl(por)

anyone else? anymore info?

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester:

Scratch42
01-16-2003, 08:06 AM
We are early seating also

Scratch

disneylover5
01-16-2003, 08:12 AM
All of these anniversaries!! We had our 15th in Oct and our friends that are traveling with us had their 15th in lated Dec. We are travelling togther to celebrate!

mickeymom629
01-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Well, I guess I should add that we are going to celebrate 20 years in May and this trip is an early celebration gift to ourselves (in addition to being the recent holiday gift for the kids:D ).

Disney753
01-16-2003, 07:14 PM
I think I got it all together.....

Name.............Floor.........Seating...........N umber........Transport......

Minybear ........................early...................2. .............DCL.............
Scratch 42.......................early...................2 ..............DCL (cbr)....
Mickeymom......................late............... ......6................................
Disneylover5...2.................................. .......10..............................
Disneyduo.......................early............. .......2...............................
Disney753........2..............late.............. .......6............DCL (por)
so are we planning to meet at the Mickey pool as the party is going on or on deck 7 after the party...we may want to do it as the party is going on as there are several on early seating. If we all wear our green things I think we can make it work. I read a post on here that set it up to meet by the Mickey Pool on the side closest to the terminal. There are about 28 of us so I think we could do it. I am looking forward to meeting all on here and having a great time. I dont remember who said about walking after breakfast but I would be game if anyone wants to work out or walk for exercise...let me know. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Disney753
01-17-2003, 05:12 AM
Yippeeee
I week from today I will be in Florida

mickeymom629
01-17-2003, 06:18 AM
Name.............Floor.........Seating...........N umber........Transport......

Minybear ... 7..............early...................2.......... ....DCL.............
Scratch 42.... 5.. ..........early...................2..............D CL (cbr)....
Mickeymom.... 5. ...........late.....................6............. ...................
Disneylover5.. .2... .......early..................10......
Disneyduo................. ...early....................2..................... ..........
Disney753........2..............late.............. .......6............DCL (por)
I filled in a little more of the list.

I can't believe it's sooo close! With freezing temps here and snow all around, I just want to be on that ship already!

I was the one who mentioned walking after breakfast (whatever time that will be). I'd love company! Actually, when I think of all the food we'll be eating, I'll walk anytime! :D

Yes, let's definitely be on the terminal side. My husband is 6'9" and usually stands out in a crowd :teeth: (I'm 5'3"), so look for us. I'm not sure what will be lime green on us yet. We may be waving a little green flag or something. :bounce:

mickeymom629
01-17-2003, 06:20 AM
That's not how it looked when I typed it!:rolleyes:

DisneyDuo
01-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Hi - we're on deck 7 too! We'll be driving to the port so plan to get there around 11 or so. We're staying at the Polynesian before the cruise. Andy is 6' with lots of curly grey/brown hair, I'm 5'3 with short brown hair. We'll be wearing lime green post it notes ;-) (cheapest and easiest thing I could find that color!)

See you soon!

disneylover5
01-17-2003, 08:55 AM
Post it notes are a good idea! That is what I do for a living, sell Post -It Notes!

Scratch42
01-17-2003, 09:14 AM
This is gonna be my way of finding you all.

Look for very tall men with shorter women!LOL

Five Days and counting!

So much to do and so little time left!LOL

See you all Soon!

Scratch
;)

disneylover5
01-17-2003, 09:25 AM
No, you are not. I am 5' 8" and my best friend is 6'. I have long blond hair (almost always in a pony) and my friend has very short dark hair.

Scratch42
01-17-2003, 09:42 AM
my way of finding you!

Ok, for you guys, eye level!LOL

I'm starting to get silly!LOL

Scratch
:Pinkbounc

Minybear
01-17-2003, 11:47 AM
I agree with Scratch42. Everyone is looking for tall men with small wives.

My husband is 6' also and I am 5'4". Husband has brown hair and I have short reddish brown hair. We are coming from BCV to DCL. I am so excited we will be at WDW Tuesday :).

mickeymom629
01-17-2003, 12:48 PM
I am bringing post-it notes because someone once mentioned that it was a good way for family members to communicate (by leaving notes in their room about where they are going next), so maybe I'll have to find some green ones.

Lisa, tomorrow is the last day I'm scheduled (12-4) if you get a chance to say hi. Luckily that snow last night only delayed school by two hours today, so my son still had two finals. Phew!

I can't wait to be on our way! The packing is making me crazy, wondering what we really need to bring.

Scratch42
01-17-2003, 01:07 PM
According to the Sentinal it's gonna be COLD!

Yeah right, right now it's minus 25 here!

We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave!

Boy do I need this vacation!LOL

Scratch
:wave:

disneylover5
01-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Debbie, You were the first person I thought about when I looked out the window at 4am and saw very little snow.....I was relieved and I knew you would be too. Daniel turned on the TV at 4am hoping school was cancelled...no such luck and I was thrilled.

I sent you an email, I am trying to come to Gaithersburg tomorrow. I hope to see you,

mickeymom629
01-17-2003, 08:21 PM
I will be happy!

I'll be looking for your long blond hair :) tomorrow. My manager has given me the next two weeks off after tomorrow, so this is the last chance to meet before the cruise. But don't come if it's too much trouble.

I was thinking about how you told me not to worry, and you were right so far, Lisa.

Janet and I might try to see Big Fat Greek Wedding. Anyone else in?

My kids are hysterical right now over the Who's line is it Anyway?
They also were hysterical over the Simpson's visit to Disney World last week. Anyone else have that kind of humor?

:rolleyes: :D

disneylover5
01-18-2003, 10:13 AM
The long range forecast for Nassua next weekend is high 70's low 80's...we can keep praying. My kids favorite show is Who's Line is it Anyway.

CrayzeeDiz
01-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Its 14 degrees today in Beantown. I'm Freezin and can't wait til 1/26 Superbowl Sunday Cruise. R. SEE YA.ight now my whole family has a cold including my dog. We are all on antibiotics and will be recovered in time(hopefully). My wife , 4 year old twins , and in laws will be there. SEE YA !!!!!

Scratch42
01-18-2003, 01:45 PM
CrazeeDiz,

If it's just a cold it will be gone but just in case use a decongestant spray a couple of hours before you fly, if you are flying of course! But right now I think we are all flying right now!LOL This will help clear up those nasal passages so the pressure will not be so bad!

Wonder here we come!

PS Say Hi to Beantown from me! Love that Filene's Basement!LOL

Scratch

Disney753
01-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Welcome CrazeeDiz to our gonna meet group of Disboard fanatics. Cindy I just saw your private message to me from 1/5. Sorry I never read them. I am so excited about meeting everybody and tomorrow we can finally say next week we will be on the ship. I leave for Fla Friday am at 6 from the Buffalo Airport.
Scratch are you flying out of Toronto or Buffalo?
Today I was at Target picked up a lime green ribbon from the Birthday Party isle. Dont forget your shoe organizers everybody and your water shoes. When does everybody leave for Florida?
talk soon
:bounce: :p :bounce:

Scratch42
01-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Hey,

We fly bright and early Thursday morning out of Toronto. Car is arriving at 4:00 a.m. to pick us up! I live to close to the airport to warrant flying out of Buffalo. I only go shopping there!

Don't forget your highlighters, post-it-notes, pillowcase with sharpies for autographs, clock, extention cord. handi-wipes, film, camera, money...

AND MOST IMPORTANT, DON'T FORGET ANY DOCUMENTS!

See you real soon!

Scratch

CrayzeeDiz
01-20-2003, 09:02 AM
We are driving down on Friday. We are all feeling much better today. I'm freezing here in Boston........ Hopefully it will warm up down there.... Any weather forcasts... See Ya soon... And yes we are DVC disney fanatics.

disneylover5
01-20-2003, 09:07 AM
I looked on weather.com and Nassua is high 70's chance of t-strorm...on Monday. Alittle warmer on Tuesday and the end of the week in Orlando is high 60's.

I live in near Dulles Airport (DC, Northern VA) and Sat. morning I went to have my car looked at and it was 4 degrees at 7am. High 70's sounds very inviting.

mickeymom629
01-20-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm hoping for no rain and calm seas! And a precipitation-free drive to Florida and back home! ;)

DisneyDuo
01-20-2003, 07:56 PM
We're driving too - leaving south-central PA at 2 a.m. Wed morning! Staying at Polynesian Thurs thru Sat.

Can't wait for Sunday !!! Y'all be careful driving and flying, now ;-) Just think - in a few days we'll be WARM!!!

Minybear
01-20-2003, 08:00 PM
We are leaving tomorow (Tuesday) morning bright and early. Wouldn't get in until dinner time at the BCV. I cannot wait to experience BCV and the Wonder on Sunday.

By everyone. See you on the ship :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Disney753
01-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Mickeymom and Disneylover,When are you guys leaving for Florida?

Hopefully by this time next week we will have all met. Everyone have a safe trip and we will see you in Florida. 60 sounds good to me the high here today was 18 the low was about 5. Friday it is suspose to be 5 here and windy...hope the plane can go :rolleyes:
See you soon :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
PS: Dont forget the plastic baggie to put the TV remote in.

disneylover5
01-21-2003, 05:32 AM
Disneylover and group (10) are planning to leave DC at about 4am Sat. We are traveling only to Jacksonville via car where we will relax and go to church on Sat evening. We are up early Sun and on to the Wonder. We are staying in FL after the cruise for several days going to Universal.

What is with the baggie for the remote?

Disney753
01-21-2003, 05:56 AM
The remote is usually touched by many before you get there. Putting it in a plastic baggie and using it thru the baggie helps keep germs away. Young children love to touch the remote. This was a suggestion made after theships were hit with the virus. At home it also keep the remotes clean.:D
Have a safe trip and see you on Sunday

disneylover5
01-21-2003, 05:59 AM
Oh my, a baggie on the remote would last 2 minutes with my kids and husband. He hits the remote so much the bag would be worn out before you could blink your eyes.

Disney753
01-21-2003, 06:02 AM
lol

mickeymom629
01-21-2003, 06:11 AM
We are leaving between 2-3 a.m. Saturday (that's the plan, anyway) and driving straight through to the Radisson. I had thought that the port was a couple hours closer north than WDW, but looking on the map I see it's the same :( . I was hoping to get down early enough to see the Magic leave on Sat. at 5, but I don't know that we'll feel like doing anything except checking in to the hotel!

I did print out a 10% off coupon for the Grill restaurant at the pier, if we feel like eating there (maybe before checking in) so we can see the Magic.

See you all soon! Debbie:wave: :teeth: :wave: :teeth:

disneylover5
01-21-2003, 06:15 AM
Debbie, I still have not started to pack. I did have my husband get the suitcases out of storage last night. I had good intentions but I was exhusted as I started work yesterday at 5am.....this morning too. I want everything done so I can enjoy my vacation.

mickeymom629
01-21-2003, 12:26 PM
You are too funny! And so "care free"! I am starting to zip it all shut and put it in the van! Got my collapsable cooler filled with wine, beer and ginger ale (everything is already freezing just sitting in the garage!)

disneylover5
01-21-2003, 03:56 PM
I was at a business lunch today and Karen called me to tell me about the great sale on soda at Shoppers (we do not keep soda in our house). Don't buy any she said, I got enough for both of us for the entire trip for $6.

It was great cause then I could gloat about the trip. The people I was with could nopt believe I had not packed...oh my,
Lisa

Scratch42
01-22-2003, 08:21 AM
I leave tomorrow and I have not finished packing!LOL

Those darn winter clothes take up too much room!

See you all on Sunday!

Scratch

Scratch42
01-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Just talked with one of our suppliers who did the 4 day two years ago so I asked her about packing. She said for her son she just packed the one pair of dress pants for dinner and had him take them off right after dinner.

For her daughter and herself she packed two outfits and alternated each night.

For the remainder she said couple of shorts, t's, bathing suits and cover-ups!

Good thing I haven't finished!LOL

Sounds like a plan to me!

See you REAL SOON!

Scratch
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

mickeymom629
01-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Oh well, I'm WAY overpacked! Since we are driving ourselves and have the room, I like us to have lots of options. ;) The weather this time of year didn't help me; I really am ready for anything! Uh oh, I just remembered I didn't pack rain gear! Do we need ponchos? :rolleyes:

Scratch42
01-22-2003, 01:24 PM
You know you will need them!

See you on Sunday.

Safe Driving!

Scratch

mickeymom629
01-22-2003, 06:53 PM
OOOOOHHHH! Okay, I'll pack them too! Ugh. You know what I realized? It's the worriers that pack EVERYTHING! You are not a worrier and neither is Disneylover5 and guess who is:wave: :)

Disney753
01-22-2003, 08:36 PM
On the 7 day I only used 1/2 the clothes I packed then had to wash them all anyway. So for this trip I made a list of all the clothes I wanted then made my self cut it by 30 percent. I am determined not to overpack but I did take my biggest suitcase out of the attic to use. See everyone on Sunday...Travel safe and keep well.